That was ... underwhelming. It seem he tried to pul a coen brother's type of film but he failed

That was ... underwhelming. It seem he tried to pul a coen brother's type of film but he failed

Also I couldn't care less about the bloody last scene, which seems it was stucked there just so his audence would shut up
And the "Funny" stuff was cringy.

Attached: 858385-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-poster.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>Bloody

Opinion discarded

On the contrary I think he succeeded. I think this is the movie that American Hustle tried to be and failed.

>*cries in reddit*

hippie faggot

bloody as full of blood, not as british bloody

>reddit
>not garbling up any shit tarantino puts out
what did he mean by this

My room was full of people laughing off every cringy shit, like when Brad Pitt whistled to command the dog and kill the hippies or whatever

And the flamethrower gimmick felt so hammered on to satisfy the audience

I don't know, I am just so disappointed

You have to be familiar with the historical context of the movie in order to understand it. The content of the movie had to be arranged in a way that would be respectful to the memory of Sharon Tate. That's the reason why the pacing is a little awkward.

Think there was an expectation it would be a big essemble with all the actors cast. Like they'd be in more than cameos and we'd see Olyphant interacting with Lewis, etc.

I swear to God I read on here by accident a post saying how Bruce Lee redeemed himself at the end by helping Dalton and Cliff, so when the police came and went I expected there to be a cut to Manson REEEing and sending the rest of his cult to the neighborhood where it would become an even bigger bloodfest.

>The content of the movie had to be arranged in a way that would be respectful to the memory of Sharon Tate.
Like conspicuously emphasizing her dirty footpussy for an entire scene?

Yeah for example most people don't know the Manson family killed a stuntman on their ranch for asking George too many questions about them, so it sort've hurts the tension in that scene

Bad audience, dude. First time I saw it was the earliest show and had only old people in it. Not once sound was made. It was terrific. The next few times I saw it there was laughing at stupid shit. Same with Jackie Brown when I was in LA. Hipster fags laughing when Ordell was coaxing Boumount into the trunk and saying "nigga".

Audiences ruin my fun. I just want to sit in quiet and watch a film. I don't need to hear what people find HYSTERICAL like some retards needing validation.

It felt to me like the movie was showing only a small slice of a big social scene, with larger social events taking place off camera. The movie is about people trying to break into a scene, so the impression of their being social events taking place off camera is probably intentional. It feels like a Robert Altman ensemble movie even despite the fact that many characters never appear together on screen.

You didn't fucking know that until a few weeks ago when someone made a thread and posted the video of said stuntman, dude...It's not a well known fact at all.

UK fag here. It was quiet throughout (some laughs when the Kiwi was REEEing and the young girl sassing) until the ending. Thank fuck we don't have screeching, cheering audiences here.

I didn't notice that.

Tarantino > Coen brothers

Some autistic looking beta nerd in my screening literally shouted "This is epic!" during the flamethrower scene. Felt like walking out of this movie right there if this is the kind of person who enjoys this shit. I managed to sit through until the end but I was so agitated by this guy I kept repeating the word nigger under my breath until the credits finally came.

5/10 flick with a VERY autistic fanbase. Tarantino has been TRASH since Inglorious Bastards

If bait, it's good.

Then watch the movie at home or go to IMAX where you can't hear anyone, as the sound is way too loud.

Also the whole voice explaining the backstory.. It always has been the thing I hate the most about inglorious basterds and hateful eight, and in this film is SO overused

Fuck that autistic guy that screamed, I hate people who aren't aware of their surroundings. However I did really like Inglorious Basterds.