Rumour: Disney wanted to BTFO star wars nerds from the start

they wanted to reboot the whole franchise and cut off the OT/prequels because apparently George still has some kind of ownership of those characters

>“Rian was not just randomly writing a story nor was JJ. JJ’s job was to create a in canon reboot like the 2009 movie and introduce the new characters. Rian’s job was to kill off the originals and then you were suppose to not notice it was rebooted. Each was given the outline to make it and what the points were. So now you know why. Disney did not want to pay a license fee and by end of it all looked different and was a new copyright under the old name. They even changed the Falcon to be different. But the orders was in the end to leave nothing original.”

>“There is this just quick. There was always one plan. After the reaction to The Last Jedi, the decision was made to bring in J.J. to fix the plan he laid out and they threw Rian under the bus. This is why they said Rian might get his own trilogy. They just didn’t expect the backlash to be as toxic as it was and consequently Solo flopped.”

boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/13/rumor-j-j-abrams-and-rian-johnsons-star-wars-movies-were-supposed-to-reboot-franchise/

Attached: 80142F60-2960-4943-B31F-B967194C418A.png (750x400, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

entertainment.theonion.com/trekkies-bash-new-star-trek-film-as-fun-watchable-1819594814
youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM
indiewire.com/2015/12/michael-arndt-reveals-rejected-plots-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-a-much-larger-role-for-redacted-95887/
hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/superman-lawsuit-heirs-still-hope-425728
youtu.be/3JcwGKzoaC8
reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/clz6jn/remastered_unaltered_star_wars_1977_clips_shown/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this why C-3PO has a red arm for no fucking reason?

don't care

>Is this why C-3PO has a red arm for no fucking reason?
I don't remember this.

Attached: poormike.jpg (663x579, 38K)

Attached: phpzvd7bz.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 130K)

It's hard to see the first time and it's never mentioned again.

We're they also going to kill off the iconic droids? There's barely anything left anyway.

I think they explained it in Force Awakens lego game.

That and they just wanted an excuse to sell new toys with a red arm.

I wonder how much is JJ's fault? Since Star Trek 2009 it seems a lot of marketing of franchises nerds like is to chase away the nerds. I distinctly remember The Onion doing a video insulting Star Trek fans for not liking the new movie before it came out. Then after two stupid Star Trek films he does a stupid Star Wars, and since then we've been inflicted with Lucasfilm employees shitting on Star Wars fans on social media. George may or may not own a piece of the OT characters, but picking fights with the audience has become a goddamn marketing tactic.

>I wonder how much is JJ's fault? Since Star Trek 2009 it seems a lot of marketing of franchises nerds like is to chase away the nerds. I distinctly remember The Onion doing a video insulting Star Trek fans for not liking the new movie before it came out.
I remember this. And in hindsight also interesting becuase remember, they were insulting the original fans BEFORE they were really pushing any SJW shit.

I wonder why they would do that. Why all this drama behind the scenes when you could just make a good movie instead?

>Rumour: Disney wanted to BTFO star wars nerds from the start
>they BTFO themselves instead
Pottery!!!!

>Is this why C-3PO has a red arm for no fucking reason?
Yes. They didn't want to pay license fees to George, hence why they gave him a red arm in TFA to make him DISNEY branded. That still doesn't explain why he gets back his original arm in TLJ and TRoS, though.

>It's hard to see the first time and it's never mentioned again.
"You're probably wondering why I have a red arm..." is one of the first things he says in TFA.

Attached: 1564425119604.png (511x909, 682K)

I hate Disney so much

>hates Star Trek
>put in charge of Star Trek
How does this happen?

none of this makes any sense. They should own the trademarks/copyrights. I just don't see how George would own say Han Solo and not the star wars brand.

Based host.
Stupid filmaker.

"you probably didn't recognize me because of the red arm"

there's no reason to invent a complicated conspiracy when simple incompetence explains everything

Attached: 1565806582380.jpg (3203x4320, 2.31M)

>Oh look at these STUPID multi-billionaires.
>Haha, what a bunch of chumps. I know better than them.

Its all JJ’s fault, user.
Or rather, Bad Robot, JJ’s production company.

Its literally a repeat of what happened to Star Trek. CBS inexplicably ended up with the rights to the original series so Paramount struck a deal with CBS to create a new canon, which Paramount would get the merchandising profits of.

In order to do this they had to change tertiary elements about the Star Trek cast, in order to have a strong legal claim to the merchandise. So they changed the way Khan looks, the way Kirk styles his hair, etc.
In comes Bad Robot productions who also have a huge chunk of the merchandise for the 2009 universe.

Rumor has it that the readon JJ left Star Trek in the first place was because he went to Paramount and asked for a stringer cut of the merchandise. Then (rumor has it) he personally went to CBS headquarters and asked them to stop selling TOS merchandise when the new movies came out, as it was cutting into Bad Robot’s cut of the merchandising.

CBS predictably told him to eff off and then JJ and Bad Robot left Star Trek and joined Star Wars, where they would have a much less complicated, two-way split between Disney and Bad Robot on who gets the sweet new merchandise bucks.

>tl;dr J.J. is jewish

Attached: FC716918-1C53-4FF4-9E99-7AA95678C074.jpg (750x744, 102K)

This post really depresses me for some reason.

Why does everything have to be so cynical? Star Wars used to be fun...

Fun is forbidden by Disney, only politics are allowed

I now know how bad things really are...

Attached: classical gas.jpg (1518x1313, 463K)

Nothing is allowed to be lighthearted anymore. Everything must be the darkest yet and serious at all points. If it's a """comedy""" they'll just add one-liners after everything.

because paramount didnt want a real star trek movie, they wanted an action sci fi movie with star trek in title only

NU-canon needs to be disavowed. Not retconned, not fixed via time travel, and not classified as a alternate reality.
This garbage is an abomination and should never be considered real Star Wars

Youre right. It literally is a repeat of the nu-trek situation of ‘09

There are people on this board that actually believe this shit.

2019:
You:
>There are people on this board that actually believe that Star Wars is shitting on the fans.

2009:
Star Trek shit on it's fans:
entertainment.theonion.com/trekkies-bash-new-star-trek-film-as-fun-watchable-1819594814
youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM
also see

Because Hollywood is owned by illumaniti faggots that use it as propaganda platform. Part of this is the demoralization through tearing down iconic modern myths like Star Wars.

>one autist is in control of all alien designs and won’t let cool designs go through
Why is Disney bending the knee so hard to this fuckboy? Does he have blackmail?

Attached: disney sw merchandise.jpg (1535x3119, 1.16M)

Jews and their vermin goyim are at the center of every money grubbing endeavour

>Star Trek. Killed forever by merchandise licensing conflicts.

>Star Wars. Killed forever by merchandise licensing conflicts.

It's the jewiest reason to murder a franchise. George was a complete retard for selling.

So, what is the endgame? BTFO a bunch of nerds, then profit? Don't make much sense

Attached: 1547001752546.jpg (1080x1080, 104K)

So you are saying Disney Wars is not actually SW, which is exactly what we have been saying all along. Disney is just mad that fans are not THAT retarded, noticed and decided they didn´t want to support that plan for a franchise they love... so Disney decided to call them names.

I hate Jake

>buy property worth billions because of nostalgia
>try to kill off everything nostalgic

What did the bean-counters at Disney mean by this?

Attached: 83729423.png (1048x928, 286K)

If Disney didn't own Han Solo why would they make a Han Solo movie?

The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker are being used in that Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga game

Attached: emiknightly homely pale.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

They make him and Lando look different to pay less royalties.

That reminds me, isn't Billy Dee Williams going to wear the outfit from Solo rather than ESB?

>boundingintocomics

Does she?

I guess is like buying Coke brand and thinking "hey if we only put water and sugar instead of Coke people will buy anyway! They love Coke™, they don't care what is inside the bottle!"
I know that it's a pretty dumb strategy but by the way these people talk and explain their ideas, it's not impossible

Attached: 1552982529959.jpg (800x1060, 132K)

Oh they're finally doing that? I was surprised they didn't do a game for either film.

The theory is they own nu-han, with whats-his-face’s likeness, but not harrison ford, original trilogy han.

The same way paramount owned the rights to nu-kirk but not shatner kirk

This is some next level delusion. Someone must be bucking for a promotion at the lucasfilm marketing department.
The only thing disney didn't have was distribution rights for the OT, which was held by 20th Century Fox, which they now own.

I miss Star Trek so much.

This is all bullshit and made up. Good job.

>>Didn't like Star Trek
unbelievable.

No wonder they didn't even attempt to get somebody that resembled Harrison Ford.

Crap your right

Attached: D5EBC682-8A0C-4C7B-A0D2-19EA2826C001.png (573x571, 47K)

They still don't have the rights for the first movie, some shit about some minor companies still owning those rights and not selling

They exclusively want normies, not the social rejects like myself who have followed the franchise for 20 years.

then why not make a series set in the future where does character owned by lucas were dead instead?

Because that premise wouldn't sell as much as a direct sequel.
Bastardize the original with sequels, and kill off all original characters.
Then you start going off into the future, which Rian planted a seed for in Last Jedi by showing that kid with force powers at the end.
They killed the Jedi and Sith religion for good too.

Why? Money is money, who cares. I mean a lot of people loved the Lion King, I heard once about a KKK group that watched every time they gather, at the same time I bet a lot of black kids from poor families watched too. That's was Disney's magic, make EVERYONE love their movies. Why alienate a portion of their audience, specially a innofensive and spendthrift one?

Attached: 1551998054252.jpg (2100x3150, 970K)

Attached: JJ Kasdan Luke.jpg (1515x323, 117K)

Who the fuck knows man.
Every move they have mad since acquiring the franchise seems to have that intention.
From twitter to TY shows to the movies they make. They are removing everything the old crowd liked for something else, either to stop paying royalties or to remove the "white male" fanbase for some reason.

Attached: favorite star wars character.png (584x633, 42K)

Attached: disney 501st.jpg (1516x855, 318K)

He has his gold arm back by the end of Force Awakens. He waves goodbye to the Falcon with it.

The only thing more stupid than this "rumor" is that anyone thinks this is how things work.

they wanted to rely on nostalgia and the old characters to make a reboot mmm smart

if they went with nu wars that took place 100 years in the future after empire a reboot would had worked but they can't sell star wars without nostalgia

>Darth Vader
>6%

Seems legit.

What happened with the 501st?

>based Lebowitz destroys Jew Jew.
Gotta say, that’s beautiful

I need to find this thread

I said this from the start, I'll say it again. Disney didn't buy the OT, they bought Star Wars. They want to bury what people liked, the OT, in favor of their own Star Wars brand. They will do nothing except this. They aren't going to promote OT stories when they can just make up their own shit because they own that completely. If Lucas somehow ever got the rights back to Star Wars he would not be buying Star Wars, just what HE made. The Disney made product would stay theirs because that is their in house made thing; they don't sell things they make themselves. This is entirely intentional they want to replace Star Wars with their version of it because they know the OT is the only thing good about the brand and they had nothing to do with that.

George Lucas literally did the same shit with Star Wars. Before ANH he was trying to jew his way into toy profits but got BTFO because his shit wasn’t proven yet. He fought for years to get a larger cut. That’s why Jedi and the PT has so many more creature designs. He had a better cut from Kenner by that time so he needed to milk it with more toy options.

Attached: JJ Rian reboot.png (804x333, 276K)

The funny thing is that it backfired. Normies were never going to collect the toys. They might see the movie once or maybe twice. The real nerd fans were the ones shelling money out to collect the toys, rewatch multiple times and pull normie friends with them and buy the EU books and Vidyas...

Attached: germany.jpg (584x1051, 95K)

STANDING

>dress as Stormtroopers to help children
>get branded as Nazis by Disney and the media
>have Disney shit down charity and celebrate it afterwards
Disney does not deserve this franchise. Fuck them all.

to sell toys

You already made this thread.

What kind of business sense is this

You forget how funny Stewart was

In case you didn't know this, quite a few CEO/COO/CFO/chairmen/higher ups tend to live in a bubble. They figure, "Hey, I'm an expert in the field of business, and I know what I like. I'm a genius in one field, so I'm a genius in all!" From there, they align themselves with yesmen, and the product will veer off from a popular or reasonable direction. They are not normal people, because getting 7 figures a year changes you, much less 8 or even 9 changes a man. Especially if he is surrounded by gormless sycophants (the true cancer of capitalism right there, I tell you what) who gleefully smile and clap while he drives off a cliff. And when he does drive off a cliff, those sycophants will kill each other to get his spot.

Obviously, Star Wars has a significant part of it's appeal in the nostalgia bait. To the normal person, the OT is either their childhood, or drew from elements of their childhood. This is why the OT was so well liked, because it familiar enough to feel warm,. but new enough to be exciting. But do the execs at Disney know this? No, because they think they're fucking geniuses and what they like applies to a wider audience. And since all they have is gormless sycophants, no one can slap them and say "Hey, cut it out."

You don't need to re-invent the wheel with SW, but these jackasses think you do. And their yesmen just smile and tell the dumbass he's doing a good job.

People loved SW not because it was pandering to masses, representation, making statements or because they were exceptional films (debatable). rather because it was unique and had its own unapologetic character quirks. You didn’t think about anything but what was going on in that world while you watched. Just like you won’t like/love someone who is phony and pandering for likes, you won’t love a piece of entertainment that is trying to do the same.

No i don't

Making good movies requires talent.

George was surrounded by yes men and his autistic vision still somehow felt like Star Wars, however bad the PT was.
I can still go back and watch the PT and feel like I'm watching a SW movie, albeit a bad one.
These sequels are so devoid of that feeling.

This is the stupidest conjecture I've read in quite some time.

>Don't want to pay a license fee to use old characters.

>Make Solo and Rogue One which feature old characters.

Stop thinking and consume goy.

jew jew doesn't get enough hate. at least TLJ tried to do something different. granted it was a train wreck, but there wasn't a lot to work with. jj is the one who set up the evil empire 2.0 vs rebel niggers. he's the one who killed off Han in the dumbest fashion. he's the one who introduced the shitty nu characters who no one likes. Hux was literally the only character that was sort of interesting imo, mainly for his aesthetic. also you know he was setting up a Finn/Rey race mixing plot, which thankfully got shoahed.

Now they own the likeness of the new Han and Lando. They will use their likeness going forward and won't pay for Harrison and
Williams.

its a tragedy when you consider how great Disney used to be. before the (((dark times)))

They'll definitely have to pay Williams since he's in the new movie

>501st got GDQ'd
And whatever hope i had for the world was lost

Sure, they have him there to kill him off.

This is the right answer. It's like people forgetal the times businesses have made terrible decisions. It happens all the fucking time. Yahoo paid a billion dollars for Tumblr and just sold it for 20 mill. There are so many stupid decisions made in entertainment alone. "Why would they make the Punisher shitty, don't they like money?"

because they're ideologues first and foremost. and not just about money, its about sending a message. literally we live in a society.

To create buzz I guess.

I honestly don't believe it, but it adds fuel to the dumpster fire

They know white male nerds lack any real means of push back other than not buying and they know enough will buy due to autistic need to consume and weakness to shame tactics. They can then market to other groups.

Even in the tiny clip we see Lando for Ep IX he's dressed like pansexual This-is-America nog.

>you were supposed to not notice it was rebooted
>they didnt expect the backlash to be so bad

it might have gone a bit smoother if they hadn't screamed "FUCK YOU WHITE MALE NERDS YOUR STAR WARS IS DEAD" the entire time

they could have smoothly passed the torch on without completely tanking their new billion dollar franchise

>Star Wars fans are actually retarded enough to fall for this shit

Your franchise deserves to die you gullible fucks.

It's already dead. This fucking husk they are parading around isn't Star Wars.

they were also putting out a lot of the EU was terrible youre terrible for liking it type articles to really say fuck you to fans of anything not NuWars.
Back then it just seemed odd but fast forward a few years and you can see we were never welcome in the first place.

Which seems an odd way to make money.

Attached: A383A5C1-C772-48B4-A973-C5EAA9853042.jpg (1242x605, 336K)

George knew how to make money, but at least he still was a movies guy instead of just an exec.

I miss Jon

Speaking of Coke...look at that cokenose..shes heading for that Daniella Westbrook look.

>We live in a era where all movies are just ploys to keep intellectual property and merchandising royalties

Credit Lucas for thinking writing a story is such a minor part of filmmaking he didn't even have a finished script for Episodes II & III, but Disney won't even make that much effort to write a story. JJ's going memberberries + mystery box = profit all over Episode IX while following strick guidelines of Disney's Legal Department.

Think about that for a moment. Really think about that.
A reboot of Star Wars.
With the same characters, but different actors, no doubt one of the main ones, Leia, Han, Luke would be black. Same story told in a different way, with a heavy touch of social justice and shitty nowadays special effects.
Think about it.

People would have watched that in shock.

The backlash that Rian created would be NOTHING conpared to this. People would burn Disney World to the ashes just to get started. The produced would be quartered. The director flayed on sight by angry nerds.

Attached: wsyws7jqa62y.jpg (1024x684, 73K)

>coke
>daisy
Its like pottery, it rhymes

Yea Forums checking in.
explain why that means we can't get good video games now?
anything please

Attached: 7CEAF469-C006-428C-978A-7807501AAED2.jpg (1421x661, 411K)

Producer assume the audience had the properties are retarded. The lady writing that black widow movie straight up said she never read comics or even watch superhero films til she got the job.

Idk if I hate that or love it. You should have some distance from the material so it’s not fanboy cringe but to actively hate the thing you are making, idk man.

Attached: 1548447875550.jpg (1046x1364, 535K)

Attached: Disney ST writing.jpg (1526x1713, 622K)

Attached: 1565431038440.png (596x728, 182K)

whats the safety pin supposed to symbolise?

because you keep buying live service games and payi for micrtransactions and lootboxes nigger

appearance likeness issues are different. Using Harrison Fords face for toys and such could be an issue for sure. Not the character.

>they spent billions to buy the IP/Lucasfilms
>billions more invested in to it
>to piss off nerds

make perfect sense to a insane poor "person" that has no idea how to handle money.

It was the leftist safe space against trump thing.

but....both Spocks appeared in those films

Attached: 1465247518484.jpg (500x875, 26K)

Who the fuck is Jyn Erso?!

>if you shit in your fans they stop giving you money
WHO WOULD HAD GUESSED?

The chick from Rogue One.
Best ass in star wars.

JJ was fucking kojima

Who do you think will get pushed more in merchandise, old Spock or new Spock

>JJ doesn't like Star Trek.
I can agree with him on that, it's a pile of shit.

Remember when Disney and their media shills were morally puffing up about how the Empire were Nazis?

it was pretty obvious they wanted out with the old in with the new, forcing it (lol) so hard and fast none of it had much chance to be charismatic. didnt know about the legalese but it make sense and make the whole fiasco even more sad. the whole thing feels like a ripoff of star wars , with cheaply and quickly made off brand characters whose original they are imitating is too obvious.

Attached: Disney SW and fans.jpg (1508x776, 335K)

This. The pudgy dude doesn't get nearly enough credit. Watch his commentary from the old discs of the prequel films. He's a soul crushing technocrat but it was about filmMAKING granted most was the boring aspects of filmmaking but he was putting great effort into it. RLM shit on him for the sets but he was pioneering the use of digital film when the cameras could move for shit. He an awkward humorless autist, but he's a filmmaker. Not a lolicon business school graduate that makes up most of Disney.

even if TFA was a cookie cutter by the numbers ANH blueprint with obvious twists and cliff hangers there's no excuse for rain to completely trash it all and make up whatever he wants for middle of the nu saga.
He's on record saying the only reason he dropped stuff was because he didnt like it or because he knew fans wanted it so he took it away.
even the asian chick rose could have been fine but she didn't realize she was just rains bbw poor shlumpy woman fetish doll. theres that clip where hes talking to the costume guy about how he thinks its like erotic or something for her to have like 3 extra layers of coats or something like that.
JJs trilogy would have been average at most with some possible great moments but rain took it and destroyed everything.

its like somebody shitting and pissing in a sand box and saying you guys can still play in it but obviously nobody wants to.

>there is no truth, therefore it's easy to change things
>there is "no truth"
That's fucked up, since a lot of liberals think along those lines too. Straight up communism

Attached: 1551226598870.png (1540x1436, 510K)

>and that's a good thing

That alien that pops up from the sand at the end of the first scene of TFA literally says "Ko-Jim-A" because JJ and Kojima are friends

JYN ERSOFAGS BTFO

Finn was just a dumb comic relief character.
She was going to end up with Hispanic Han Solo.

Cool post.

Even the Mon Calamari, Twi'leks and Rodians in those films were a different colour than in the OT.

Everybody just dodges the obvious.
>there was going to be a new era, where people of color would have marched in, flamboyantly, and the whites would have been ashamed and walked into nothingess.
>communism would have flourished, and everyone expect white men would have been happy. Successful, cool and flamboyant and sexy and beautiful and woke
>KK and the rest were so sure about this, they thought they were already there, they imagined the smell of it so vividly, that they were just high on it
>no they feel stupid.

There, nothing more to it.

You know what, when they make Rey Anakin's mother it will all work out then. They can remake the entire original 6 from that point. Do some stupid Star Trek bullshit that no original fan would like.

...Than why not just set it Centuries into the fucking future

>I mean a lot of people loved the Lion King, I heard once about a KKK group that watched every time they gather
Where did you hear about this? Was it in the news, or just a rumor about a local KKK group?

It wouldn't sell.
TFA made a fuck load of money because of nostalgia bait, but they also started sneaking this shit in.

reminder that they're gonna kill everything except a redesigned falcon by the end. R2, 3PO, chewie etc

But it's already been established that it hasn't sold, and if the whole point was to kill the OG characters anyways why not just avoid the backlash that was obivously gonna come from it.

Attached: blank canvas movies.jpg (1514x453, 181K)

>they wanted to reboot the whole franchise and cut off the OT/prequels because apparently George still has some kind of ownership of those characters
So it's Star Trek all over again where they won't even use the klingon makeup rather than kick a few shekels onto the street for it?
I thought Disney bought the IP 100%. They even bought the entirety of Lucasfilm. Did Lucas actually jew them during negotiations?

This

>literally arguing against show, don't tell

TFA did sell, TLJ sold less and basically killed toy sales.
When you insult the autistic nerd fanbase they will stop collecting your toys. Go figure.

This is stupid. I don't think killing these characters off is a bad thing, I expected it even, but this doesn't explain why they ruined the characters before doing so. It just seems like some seething faggot trying to play others, poorly.
Shit they're still utilizing them through all 3 films so it's not like they're gaining anything from this

red robot did the design, so they get a cut of every time c3p0 with a red arm is sold

Pablo Hidalgo claims that it's all bullshit, and Itchy Bacca seems suspicious that it's rumors spread out to make Lucas take the blame for Disney-ST people's fuck-ups.

But the guy who made the posts shown in the screencap in about the aliens mentioned that there was a film festival that wanted to screen the unaltered OT, and tried to go to Disney and Fox for permission, but both couldn't do anything about it and told the festival to talk to Lucas directly.

And of course there's the suspicious need to erase/alter many of the aliens. Other people on Yea Forums defending it by saying that "oh they're just trying to make new toys" doesn't make sense when not many toys got made of the aliens.

i just assumed they wanted to make it a reference to their logo

They actually did something similar to that in the 90's. They basically made sugar water and called it "new Coke". Everyone hated it, which was their plan, so they brought back the original recipe as "coke classic". Instant record sales.

indiewire.com/2015/12/michael-arndt-reveals-rejected-plots-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-a-much-larger-role-for-redacted-95887/

>In a recent Q&A with J.J. Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, and Michael Arndt, the screenwriter revealed some pretty intriguing details about early drafts of ‘The Force Awakens.’ The most eye-opening is that in earlier versions of the screenplay, Luke Skywalker was a much bigger force (pun intended) in the movie.

>“Early on I tried to write versions of the story where [Rey] is at home, her home is destroyed, and then she goes on the road and meets Luke. And then she goes and kicks the bad guy’s ass,” Arndt said (via EW). “It just never worked and I struggled with this. This was back in 2012.” Apparently the issue was Luke’s presence was always upstaging everyone in the script. “It just felt like every time Luke came in and entered the movie, he just took it over,” Arndt continued. “Suddenly you didn’t care about your main character anymore because, ‘Oh f–k, Luke Skywalker’s here. I want to see what he’s going to do.’”

>EW also says there were other big plot ideas dropped: “a search for Darth Vader’s remains, or a quest to the underwater wreckage of the second Death Star to recover a key piece of history about sacred Jedi sites in the galaxy.” These of course, totally different movies and one could argue fairly different from the remake and remix-ness of ‘The Force Awakens.’

Attached: Controller Control dannphan29.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Why did he shill for TFA?

Also, they never thought there was going to be this big of a backlash. They figured they would shame the old fanbase into shutting up and normies would follow, which they did.
They just underestimated how vocal the fans would be, and brought back JJ to steer this mess into a something that isn't as blatant. Like TFA.

Guy should probably shave if he's going to pretend to be a girl.

isnt that exactly what happened when Han showed up? Nobody cared about anything else when he was on screen

I fully believe that they wanted to do a full reboot, which is why TFA is so similar to ANH but even they knew that was too much.

I guess that last one's IX

>boundingintocomics

No, that was another guy. I'm just farming (you)'s.

st got GDQ'd
What is GDQ?

gay diaper fags iirc, a bunch of checkmarks got baited a couple years ago

The Last Jedi was better than every single one of """"""tvs"""""""" favorite movies the past few years like

>Mad Max Reddit Road
>Reddit Runner 2049
>Mandy
>First Man
>BVS
>Nocturnal Animals

Then why are they still selling merchandise based off of OT/PT characters, putting them in video games, making comics about them, making books about them, making another season of Clone Wars, an Obi-Wan show, etc.? Because this rumor is fucking bullshit. I can’t believe you mouth breathing retards are giving legitimacy to bullshit that was made up by some desperate YouTuber in order to boost his views.

You have to understand that the megacorporations doing this make a profit on the franchise in the very first movie, which the fans see because they're willing to take the chance that it will be good, and the normalfags see because they're NPCs who are fully automated by marketing algorithm. They paid a billion dollars for star wars, they've made over a billion dollars on the IP since, and it doesn't matter to investors that they could have made it into a hundred-billion dollar IP in twenty years, because the investor always prefers one marshmallow now to two marshmallows later.

>>We live in a era where all movies are just ploys to keep intellectual property and merchandising royalties
Name any other film where this is true except for Sony Spiderman?

But nothing is allowed to be serious because you have to have awkward quips every 3 seconds to completely remove any sense of tension.

>Describing The Last Jedi like it was open to interpretation just like 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Dude whut???

Just look at Gillette

Yeah that's what's always made me laugh about the "open Star Wars to a wider audience" shit. Star Wars was (emphasis on past tense) the most well known, well loved and popular franchise on the planet. Who the hell were they supposed to be opening it up to?

GamesDoneQuick
basically speedrunners that beat video games super fast for donations and charity
completely twisted up by trannys and sjws complaining it was all white males and "diversified" by literal child molesters and perverts and LOOK AT ME tumblerinas

now nobody cares/wants to donate to the freak show

Attached: 4F52D108-5AE7-44BA-ACC5-4A4B8A7F2864.jpg (1475x3299, 1.43M)

Who cared about Star Wars when Disney bought it?
No one cared about the EU or games aside from the core fanbase.
The only time I saw SW mentioned is when someone was shitting on the PT or EU for how goofy they are.

i worked with your typical fake nerd latina force is female and future is female and pretty much the audience they wanted.
she saw the last jedi in theaters and said it wasnt very good and now she has zero interest in ep 9.
thats how i know it failed to everyone but the paid journalists

>cut off the OT/prequels
They were pretty open about that.
Their first trilogy was supposed to be about the old chars introducing the new chars and dissapeare

It's because their own garbage does not sell

I assume they were paid.
The fact that Rian Johnson THE DIRECTOR OF A MAJOR FRANCHISE FILM, TLJ, tweeted about Red Letter Media (citation: check their TLJ video) indicates to me that there is talks between RLM and Disney, or Hollywood in general, possibly.

The awesome prequel reviews were probably just to raise discontent and excitement for nuWars.

Perhaps now they just stopped accepting checks or it was a one-time contract, or they want RLM to shit on a few of the movies for credibility so they can get a boost when they need it.

DID YOU EVER WATCH HAROLD AND KUMAR, NIGGER? It's literally product placement for White Castle but they state "the food here kinda sucks". CREDIBLE PRODUCT PLACEMENT BY SHITTING ON THE FRANCHISE. THEY'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

ALL THESE SHITTY FRANCHISE TWITTER MAKING INCOHERENT TWEETS.

Attached: Screenshot-2019-8-15 Turning Point North Korea ( Crisprtek) Twitter(1).png (588x129, 17K)

And that deconfirms what I said about this conspiracy theory about paying royalties to George and them trying to get out of it?

hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/superman-lawsuit-heirs-still-hope-425728
>Warner Bros. believes that the legal war can be ended before the release of "Man of Steel," but the attorney for the Jerry Siegel estate has new arguments in the long-running case.

>Superman was created in the late 1930s by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. For three-quarters of a century since, the two have been in and out of court to gain greater financial participation. The duo and their heirs have made deals with studios along the way, and most recently, the Siegel and Shuster estates were hoping to exploit a provision of the Copyright Act that allows a copyright grant to be terminated.

>In January, they were dealt a blow when Warner Bros. scored a huge win in a lawsuit that's lasted nearly a decade. Unfortunately for the Siegels and their attorney Marc Toberoff, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal ruled that in 2001, the Siegel family came to an agreement with Warners' subsidiary D.C. Comics to settle the termination fight.
Over? Not quite yet.

>Now the case is back at a lower federal court in California.

>Warners smells blood and believes that a conclusion is just around the corner -- which would represent great timing because its big-budget Superman reboot Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Christopher Nolan, will be released this summer.

Attached: man of steel neck snap rotten tomatoes.gif (480x270, 1.21M)

Yep

Attached: 9BA09836-1A37-4929-8E73-F3C1BDB20635.jpg (1347x893, 188K)

Nobody cared which is why Disney paid 4 billion dollars for it.

Attached: 522F473A-3F2F-4D24-82BB-AA721CCF0EC9.png (1260x1028, 504K)

Disney paid that money to turn it into what it is now.
Before EP 7 no one gave a fuck.
The only people who cared were RLMfags and autistic nobodies like myself who argued about canon until 5 in the morning with other autists.

People cared so fucking little that they were genuinely confused about Darth Maul return, because normies don't give a fuck about Clone Wars or comics.

he only says that because he wants to give up
at the end of the movie its stated that its completely 100% worth all the trouble and eating gives them the courage to stand up and tell the hot mexican chica that he wants to fuck her and the other one to stand up to his family and say he doesnt want to be a doctor despite all the family pressure.
white castle saves the day and gets them the happy endings

people struggle to grasp how the shitty prequels were better than the ostensibly more polished, less autistic Nu-Wars but can't quite figure out their feelings... it's because the prequels were the genuine artistic vision of a dumb guy, wheras Nu-Wars is like a parody of the whole 'designed by old guys on a committee to sell toys' franchises.

Then why are they still selling merchandise based off of OT/PT characters
If Disney have the choice to use their own that don't sell, or use OT/PT that do sell but they have to give some of the money tu Lucas, then they are going to pick the option that makes money

safety pin meant you were safe to muslims under the trump regime

>safety pin

Attached: D9390CB2-3AB4-4F13-89E5-51B55F90E37E.jpg (440x660, 75K)

>i worked with your typical fake nerd latina force is female and future is female and pretty much the audience they wanted.
>she saw the last jedi in theaters and said it wasnt very good and now she has zero interest in ep 9.
>thats how i know it failed to everyone but the paid journalists
Tell me stories about how nice or bitchy this woman is. What your relationship with her is. Etc.

>reddit spaces
>accuses other people of being from reddit
no matter how hard you try, we'll always find you

because he let hope take over him for a few minutes and he'd better damn regret that

Attached: classicmike.png (901x451, 395K)

people were upset and knew it was going to be ruined as soon as it was announced

Attached: A3E6CF76-2BC9-429B-86A8-98AC481B911B.png (1280x720, 602K)

Anti-Trump solidarity or something.

Mike hated the prequels so much that anything that reminded him of the OT made him feel like SW was on the right track. Only Rich was right about TFA.

SW fans were upset, not the faggots who like it now.

Do you legitimately think that Bob Iger didn’t put in the contract that they now own the characters and don’t have to give jack shit to Lucas or are you actually a fucking mongoloid?

Because those are shit.

>Only Rich was right about TFA.
What was his take? I don't remember.

He said he felt nothing. The only thing they had to do was make a competent movie.

SW fans liked them, I don't care if you think they are shit or not faggot.

oh no not jim

>The only thing they had to do was make a competent movie.
Goddamn. I DO remember that.

New Hope rehash, worries about Disney ripping off EU stuff like Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus

Attached: SummerSlam 2019 The Greatest of All-Time TWFS the fiend bray wyatt.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

based Stewart

They ripped off Darth Caedus and somehow made it worse. It's baffling.

Punished C3PO
A protocol droid denied its memory

Jon Stewart is so based

>Who cared about Star Wars when Disney bought it?
Nearly everybody.
>No one cared about the EU or games aside from the core fanbase.
Which was bigger than the fanbase they have now.

>Disney paid that money to turn it into what it is now.
A money pit?

Nearly everybody, which is why people are now somehow confused about the nature of the force and why certain characters are still alive.

They miscalculated. Read the goddamn thread.

So much of this energy around TLJ is spent overthinking the issue. The problem was Rian is an insecure cuck bitch. He was too self aware of all the "problems" and criticisms of star wars, things like the plinkett reviews / rlm and most peoples expectations. He seems to have desperately made a movie trying to do everything "right" and chart a course through all the criticisms but it ended up shit. It was as if he was trying to preemptively counter 500 different criticisms. TFA was too like A New Hope so this had to be subversive. Luke can't be strong because that would be fan service. Luke can't be an elder figure because then he'd just be new yoda. Snoke can't be plaguis he has to be just a guy / die randomly. I dunno maybe i'm wrong

You're probably baiting, but I'll bite anyway.

I actually enjoyed Nocturnal Animals a lot. One of the best cinema experiences I've had in a long while.

Last Jedi was probably the worst I've ever had in comparison.

Attached: bf90f_2730861.jpg (740x559, 143K)

>Lebowitz
You mean John Stewart?

>The problem was Rian is an insecure cuck bitch. He was too self aware of all the "problems" and criticisms of star wars, things like the plinkett reviews / rlm and most peoples expectations. He seems to have desperately made a movie trying to do everything "right" and chart a course through all the criticisms
I liked TLJ. Hated all the nuWars movies that came before it though. Liked Solo.

>You mean John Stewart?
He should be proud of his heritage.

No, it was literally pushed by diapers fetishists under the bait of support for alternative gender and sexual expressions. Got a bit skewed in the process, but it's funny to think how many people fell for something this obvious without even considering what exactly is the pin supposed to symbolise.

shes cute

SW fans love reylo and porgs and hate incels.

>106th IP address enters the thread.
Nice fanfiction, bud. What else you got?

Attached: Screenshot-2019-8-15 (0) tv - Rumour Disney wanted to BTFO star wars nerds from the start - Televisi (383x85, 6K)

These new ones do, yes.

i still hate Disney more than star wars
nice try shlomos

This rumor doesn't make sense because it includes in itself "And Solo flopped."

Well, wouldn't Disney NOT want to make Solo if they had to pay George for Han, Chewie, Lando, the Melanin Falcon, and Darth Maul?

Like, isn't that its own anti-proof built into itself? Disney was going to make a bunch of interquels with per-established characters, then their movies started flopping and suddenly they needed to kill all of them so George didn't get 10%?

Good for you I guess, I thought that they were shit.

Attached: soyboylogic.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

THEY WERE NAZIS, STORMTROOPERS, GET IT?

>They even changed the Falcon to be different. But the orders was in the end to leave nothing original.”
Ah yes, all those original ship designs.

I think the theory is true. Bad Robot (JJ's outfit) pulled the same sort of stuff with CBS/Viacom Star Trek.

It explains why the new characters are so weak: they were defined not by who they are, but by who they are NOT-

Rey is not Luke
the pilot guy is not Han
Snoke is not Palpatine
BB-8 is not R2D2

(Finn is just generic virtue-signaling)

Why have they filled the comics and cartoons with OT characters then. The mainline Star Wars comic has been about Luke, Han and Leia since Disney took over. Vader has his own comic series too, and also appeared in Rebels and Rogue One.

Also why would they fill the movies with TIE fighters and X-Wings if they wanted to make their own stuff.

Why would they pay 4 billion dollars for a franchise they can't make any money out of unless they invent new stuff then use the old stuff literally everywhere.

anyone notice how all the new aliens are shaped perfectly for cheap chinese toy molds

nothing ever sticking our or protruding
everything flat and cylindrical

there's no doubt this isn't an accident

>anyone notice how all the new aliens are shaped perfectly for cheap chinese toy molds
>
>nothing ever sticking our or protruding
>everything flat and cylindrical
>
>there's no doubt this isn't an accident
I didn't notice this. Post screenshots.

As cynical as I am, reading that was kind of spooky, desu.

They did the same thing with tie fighters they did with C3PO's arm- slapped on some red paint and called it original.

People here don't know the Star Trek CBS/Viacom split well enough to know how this all works, but it is the same thing. In their case, a 20% difference makes them new designs/characters.

25% different.
JJ strikes again.

link

Donald Glover's likeness is definitely more expensive to use than Billy Dee Williams though so that doesn't make sense

>a 20% difference makes them new designs/characters.
How do you mathematically decide something is 20% different in a legal context?

Why buy a property if you don't want to make money off it?

oh, and Kylo Ren is not Anikan/Vader. Forgot.

How much do they have to kick up to both Williams and Lucas for his likeness though?

Somehow they do it. There are two different timelines: CBS owns one, Viacom the other.

They change things like ship size and shape, clothing and hairstyles, and alien design to differentiate between the two. And two small armies of lawyers to bicker over the details.

you sound like a schizo buddy

Ha ha ha, Last Jedi hater incels in a nutshell:
youtu.be/3JcwGKzoaC8

Donald Glover and Billy Dee don't get the money. Disney and George Lucas do, respectively.

An actor doesn't get the role without signing the use of his likeness for it.

Check out disney in full force trying to convince you that this terrible franchise was planned from the start to save face and make them look progressive.

Right, sure. sure sure sure.

Attached: EBtbY8ZX4AA2hhG.jpg (2048x1538, 436K)

Star Wars Battlefront 2 hasn't added any Seuquel Trilogy content since The Last Jedi came out, but has released shitloads of new characters, maps and clone skins and the like from the Prequels. Literally every piece of new content added to the game has been Lucas era stuff.

Again, the comics focus heavily on the OT heroes.

Rebels included major character arcs for Ahsoka and Maul, and brought back James Earl Jones and Ian McDiarmid to reprise their roles as Vader and Palpatine.

Hell, they're bringing back Palpatine in the next movie. And today they're saying that a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan show is in the works.

OP article is retarded nonsensical bullshit for mouthbreathing retards.

This guy looks like a fucking disgusting freak nerd LARPING SARCASTICALLY as a fucking disgusting freak nerd.

Nigger sounds like he's reading. Literally what the fuck is this?

Lucas owns nothing. OP is bull.

I think a fairly small fraction of the SW fanbase have given the SW tv shows a try. It's not necessarily a good idea to spend money introducing relatively obscure characters like Ahsoka just for that tiny boost they'll get from people who watched the show.

I think more prequel movies are a terrible idea. It's just desperately trying to draw in people who recognise old characters.

Let's jump hundreds of years (or more) into the past or future. This will allow for far more creative freedom than just hovering between ep3 and 4 all the fucking time. I'm sick of that time period. They've been milking it for almost 2 decades now.

Shame we'll never see an adaptation of Kyle Katarn. But then again, we know it'd be worse than what we already have anyway.

you can see the old vs new in this post

See

Ugggh this is so fucking horrible.

The comics are chump change.

They're bring Palpatine back in order to kill him off- just like Han, Luke and Admiral Akbar.

See>But the guy who made the posts shown in the screencap in # about the aliens mentioned that there was a film festival that wanted to screen the unaltered OT, and tried to go to Disney and Fox for permission, but both couldn't do anything about it and told the festival to talk to Lucas directly.

You have a copy of the contract selling Lucasfilm to Disney, I take it?

>that rey and pals cover
>literally a vanilla white girl standing on the backs of minorities
you can't make this shit up

>It's not necessarily a good idea to spend money introducing relatively obscure characters like Ahsoka just for that tiny boost they'll get from people who watched the show.

Introducing them where? I'm saying they put Ahsoka into Rebels. She was a Lucas era character they brought back, which apparently is a money sink for Disney according to OP article. If it were true, they would not be reintroducing Lucas era characters into new products. Ever. Period. But they are doing it all the time. Star Wars Battlefront 2 would be losing them money like crazy because they are actively adding Lucas characters and planets to the game every few months. It doesn't make any sense to do that if all the money goes to Lucas. Same with all the comics using Luke, Leia and Han, wearing their OT costumes, flying OT ships, in OT-era storylines.

And now Obi-Wan is coming back, played by the same actor as he was in the Prequels. All the money will go to Lucas apparently so I guess Disney are just doing that for the fun of it.

This can only happen after Disney collapses. Even in its current form it is too profitable to restructure.

>killing off a character that was already dead

You are an absolute fucking retard. Don't breed.

This topic makes Jews look so fucking bad lmao.

Non-Jews are just a retarded exploitable resource to them, and the only people who regularly call them out and keep tabs on this heinous shit are white dudes which is why there is such a large Jew-dominated effort to disenfranchise them and destroy their culture.

t. chink

They are bringing him back for episode lX. Watch the trailer. JJ's even dumber than I am. : )

It's been speculated for a long while that Lucas included in the contract that they can't release a remastered version of unaltered OT. For years he claimed that it was lost, that he used the original negatives when making the SE changes so there is no way to retrieve it. However recently there have been HD unaltered clips seen in official products and there are rumblings that the unaltered cuts are going to be released next year.

reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/clz6jn/remastered_unaltered_star_wars_1977_clips_shown/

Darth Vader. CG versions of dead people.

literally because that's the amount they needed to change him to deny Lucas his royalties

not joking
same as the Falcon dish being some rectangle shape
literally every part of Star Wars was like this. Replace with something "different" but actually the same, or if you need to use something old, alter it slightly. Red arm, radar dish, first order star destroyers versus star destroyers, the first order versus the empire for that matter, etc

Have an impossibly perfect posterior? Seems that way.

>art is retroactively changed in pursuit of profit
>capitalists somehow find a way to blame communism
like pottery

Hello, Chinkfriend.
Considering you live in a country that praises the jew Karl Marx for creating Communism, and even made a TV show about him relatively recently, how do you feel about the future of China?
I hope it doesn't become globohomo, but how do you feel about your country's future?

No, and neither does OP. And none of what OP post claims makes any sense.

Fucking thank you.

>implying Disney hasn't been actively sabotaging their profits (you literally can't debate this) to make room for their communist ideaology that they want to indoctrinate children into

yeah if money was their goal they wouldn't have made half the decisions they made. Their goal is communism.

Attached: 5DA3B512-707C-41BF-8302-24CD25B307B4.png (1334x750, 3.51M)

So much royalties to Lucas that we are finally getting our fucking obi wan series

I know he's in the movie you fucking mongoloid. Look back at what you just claimed. You said they are including a character in the new movie because they need to kill him off. BUT THAT CHARACTER WAS ALREADY DEAD. THEY COULD HAVE LEFT IT THAT WAY AND NOT PAID A PENNY TO USE HIM AT ALL BECAUSE HE WAS ALREADY DEAD.

Unironically end your life, fucking smoothbrain twat.

It makes plenty of sense when you know Bad Robot was involved with both the CBS/Viacom Star Trek deal and Disney Wars.

You don't know much about either.

Yeah except they could have just made entirely new space ships and it would have been fine. There's no need to have X-Wings and TIE Fighters. Make new stuff. George did that for the Prequels. They could have done that too.

20 whales can pay more than 2 million average customers that's why. video games are for children and the moment you target adults, you get adult budgets - which means i spend 20k usd on a spaceship coz i have a real job and nothing else going on in my life

He needs to be killed off by Mary Sue: both to triumph over the patriarchy and to further diminish anything accomplished in the George Lucas era.

Re-writing the past, in order to get rid of it.

>Introducing them where?
Apologies for being unclear. I meant introducing them into the films for general consumption.

I can't speak for where the money goes. I'm not going to argue rumours. I would simply argue that the clear reason why they want to bring in Lucas material into BF2 is because they're recognisable and will slowly pull in the fence-sitters who all know the original BF2 from 2005 was launched with far more content.

EA is still struggling to evolve BF2 into what it was supposed to be. Much like No Man's Sky.

The SW comic run using Luke/Lei/Han as main characters would also dispute those rumours, I agree. The comics are pretty bad though. Luke is just sort of stumbling around constantly trying to learn Jedi secrets from scraps of paper that he finds here and there which gets old quick. Especially because we know he doesn't really learn shit until ESB anyway so it's a dead-end.
Meanwhile, Leia and Han fuck around with their "will they, won't they" sitcom romance. Roadblocks like Han's not-wife character getting introduced along the way.

Sorry, got off track there.

Is Obi-Wan actually happening? I thought they decided against it. Or is it a last chance at bringing back the fans once ep9 inevitably fails to satisfy the people who hated TLJ?

My prediction of ep9 response will be exactly what happened in the early days of TFA:
"Blew my mind. Totally redeemed TLJ in every way."

And then a few weeks later after hype dies down:
"It's a 6/10. Didn't insult me quite as much as TLJ. Pass."

>I was trolling all along ha!

Their strategy was to rely on nostalgia

I've watched the Midnight's Edge videos, thanks. That has no relation to the deal between Disney and Lucas. It's total utter fucking BS with no evidence whatsoever. All of Disney's actions make no sense if it were true. They would not be doing half the things they are doing.

I can and will debate that Disney is intentionally sabotaging its profit on any basis, let alone for fucking communism of all things.
On what basis do you make these claims? Because I see no indication that Disney is making any move knowing it's going to be ultimately unprofitable beforehand, or even the slightest reason to believe that they give a single shit about communism.

You're going to need evidence for this bullshit, schizo.

You're simultaniously not as smart, and not as dumb, as the investors and executives and storyboard group at Disney. You have no idea, you're talking completely out your ass.

Why wouldn't Bad Robot use the same strategy twice?

Especially if it would make them more money at the expense of George Lucas?

It all makes sense now. Tattooine vs. Jakku.

Okay great but you're not adding anything to the discussion here about OP's post. Disney would not be using Lucas characters for any reason because they make no money from them. That's the whole point of my posts. Have a nice night anyways.

Says the retard who thinks Disney keeps making new content with Lucas characters for the sheer fun of it

The entire nu-wars series is literally a communists fevered dream. If you are too ignorant, too dumb, or too naive to see and understand how you're being brainwashed, that's a you problem.

As for them putting their message ahead of their profits: Their message is literally all there is to the movies, and the movies are disasters and flops. Not sure how you can even argue this. The only arguement you can make is that they're so fucking incompentent they made beyond-terrible decisions and accidentally turned the universe into a communist utopia.
But no. They spend literally billions on people who plot out every single detail. Absolutely zero lines were accidental. They measure the cost/benefit to all of them.
They measured wrong, too, but it's obvious what they're doing if you have a functional brain. Of course, communists don't, so that's probably why you can't see the obvious.

>The entire nu-wars series is literally a communists fevered dream. If you are too ignorant, too dumb, or too naive to see and understand how you're being brainwashed, that's a you problem

Attached: greenshirtguy.gif (475x278, 1.81M)

Excellent assessment. Poster would not get sucked into legal money-games that damage the product.

Look how the "best and brightest" mangled Star Trek.

Honestly, how low IQ can you be? They obviously need the old characters because they're crucial to the series, but what have they been doing with them?
>turned Han into an absolute loser, killed him off
>turned Luke into an absolute fucking loser, killed him off
>tried to turn Leie into a General because she was the only original character left that can suit their narrative, which is intersectional feminism and marxism. Put her in charge. Woops she died lol

Yeah.. they put them in the new movies.. because they had zero choice. And what did they do with them? Tried to destroy them and make room for new characters in almost all cases. Even with Leie it's not like they'll allow ZERO royalties to go to lucas, they'll do it where it fits, such as in literally every single other area.

This absolutely pants on head retarded delusional comment would not have been made if Luke was handled differently in TLJ. Guarantee it.

Name one scene in TLJ and I'll demonstrable show you how it's only goal is to advance communist idealogy

Did you miss the entire 1/3 of the movie where they go Planet Capitalism?

>nu-wars series is literally a communists fevered dream
A multi-billion dollar waste of resources in meaningless entertainment for the sole purpose of lining the pockets of corporate executives is not a communist fever dream you fucking ape.

>the movies are disasters and flops
No they aren't. They've already broke even on their initial investment buying out Lucas. It may not be as profitable as it could be, but to say that it has been a bad investment is objectively untrue. You're a fucking idiot, bro.

This makes so much sense. Saw TFA first showing with family and realized I couldn't recognize any of the original aliens, but there were knock-off looking types. I figured they were just "making" new aliens and didn't have the imagination to break from preset looks but finding out it was intentional is not a surprise.

I can’t imagine how butthurt you’d be if the prequels were made before the OT and Obi-Wan becomes a complete liar who gets killed 2/3rds into the movie. You would’ve lost your fucking mind.

The Solo of the new movie would not count as George Lucas' Solo under CBS/Viacom rules.

He is a new, Disney-created and owned character- and the only one Disney wants to use in the future.

That is how it works.

Pretty sure if Jon was still doing the daily show the political landscape would be far different than it is today.

>?A multi-billion dollar waste of resources in meaningless entertainment for the sole purpose of lining the pockets of corporate executives is not a communist fever dream you fucking ape.

Yeah that'd be as insane and hypocritical as say, people paying money to corporations to buy guy fauxe masks. Because there's no such thing as people trying to profit off of other peoples ideology (or religion for that matter, and communism is essentially a religion)

>No they aren't. They've already broke even on their initial investment buying out Lucas. I
t. guy who will never, ever have enough money to ever even worry about investing in anything.
I'll make it real simple for you: people aren't happy Solo is flopping, that the toys are flopping, and the their 4b$ investment is in the drain. Looking at pure revenue is literally toddler tier economics. Literally not how it works in the slightest.

More that it was based off of war profiteering and how they don’t care for human life or have loyalty to any side or cause. But you know, whatever you want to see I guess.

>Honestly, how low IQ can you be?

I dunno man, you're genuinely making me question that right now. I don't think I've ever interacted with someone below 70 until I started replying to you

>I dunno maybe i'm wrong
Nah you are spot on

Which of my points was wrong again? You got BTFO and literally "No u"d me. Pathetic. Don't @ me again.

Those are literally communist talking points about capitalism..........................

>implying they had a plan

Attached: qt.jpg (599x591, 43K)

Just dropping in here to remind you all that this rumor was started by a guy who goes by the name “doomcock” and is using this as a way to boost his YT channel views. His source is “anonymous”. So if you want to believe this, I’m just gonna say you’re flat out retarded.

Because communists don’t create weapons of war or participate in them.

That's only partially true because they raise over 2 million dollars each year. What used to be for a good cause is now virtue signalling for a good cause.

Multiple podcasters have been covering it.

Wouldn't surprise me if ole George leaked it. ; )

>Yeah that'd be as insane and hypocritical as say, people paying money to corporations to buy guy fauxe masks. Because there's no such thing as people trying to profit off of other peoples ideology (or religion for that matter, and communism is essentially a religion)
Just pure gibberish, is that seriously your defense? Just because profit can be made off of communists does not mean this is happening.
You would actually have to prove that, and your efforts so far are childish. You have absolutely no idea what communism is if you think critiquing war profiteering is inherently communist, or that Star Wars in any way advances the interests of communists.

>Literally not how it works in the slightest.
Do you understand that by the time Disney loses the rights to Star Wars, which probably won't even be in our lifetime, they will have been made billions upon billions of dollars richer because of their purchase and development of the franchise? The reason they aren't happy is because it's not making more money than it is, as projected. But guess what dude. They're still making fucking bank. You're a fucking idiot if you think their actions represent a knowing attempt at hurting themselves.

It originated from this fuck though.

The fact that you see it as planet capitalism says more about your understanding of capitalism than anything lmfao

Kids drinking Star Wars themed coca-cola at Disney World after their mom bought them a $200 lightsaber sure sounds like a communist utopia to me

B-but communists are a new, untapped market for SW!

China is still communist, you know. (hint, hint)

Yeah except that's bullshit that you're pulling out of your ass because there's literally not a single iota of evidence that the Disney / Lucas contract was structured like that

Bruh. You think they're bringing back a dead character to kill him off again because that's how they're gonna make money. He has to be double-dead for Disney to get their shekels.

You are an utter, utter moron.

These are the same people that keep parroting the meme that Lucas put in the contract that the original cuts of the OT are never to be released. I don’t even know how that started but so many people take that as fact despite having 0 evidence of it.

...and not an iota of evidence it was not.

But Bad Robot was definitely involved with both...

Bad Robot had nothing to do with the deal between Disney and Lucas, idiot. They came on to produce EP VII after the buyout was already completed.

Bringing back an obviously dead character isn't moronic to begin with?

Sure. JJ Abrams just happened to show up on Disney's doorstep one day... :/

>Emperor Palpatine not even on the survey
Fuck that normie bullshit they can keep it