/cric/ - The Cricketing General

pertaining to the subject of Cricket
Best County sub edition

County Matches getting close to starting, streams warming up.

Lancashire vs Gloucestershire
youtube.com/watch?v=AQK1dIj6PhQ

Kent vs Hampshire
youtube.com/watch?v=n0ASQP_-rEY

Surrey vs Somerset
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Tp-vxISDA

Warwickshire vs Essex
stream not set up yet
youtube.com/channel/UCyMJCUxEJGZJSBtw7QKC_lw/videos

Northamptonshire vs Yorkshire
youtube.com/watch?v=bVYXof52vBY

Attached: tfwlancashire.jpg (1300x700, 146.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUN4WYPT2o
youtube.com/watch?v=tHrxQGCugjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1GJ7lvHu8eo
youtube.com/watch?v=1iboQ_V4jlg
edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/warwickshire-vs-essex-21-april-2022/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=Match_Centre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Durham vs Nottinghamshire
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUN4WYPT2o

Glamorgan vs Middlesex
youtube.com/watch?v=tHrxQGCugjQ

Leicestershire vs Derbyshire
youtube.com/watch?v=1GJ7lvHu8eo

Worcestershire vs Sussex
youtube.com/watch?v=1iboQ_V4jlg

>commentator getting Ali and Mahmood mixed up
slight whiff of racism

Does knowing what a crumpet is really help you to understand cricket?

yes, but only during the Tea break

Pavement

This is getting embarrassing for Sussex now. Zachy well and truly btfo

>Yorkshire already 2 down

Have recently got back into the habit of eating crumpets (at 25p for a pack of 6, you just can't go wrong) but for me they're still some way behind breakfast muffins and scotch pancakes on supplementary baked products

Bumble on comms, good times

Why do Warwickshire have no stream?

I think they do have one, but they're just really slow in uploading it iirc. County full of useless twats if I can be so bold as to say

>woman commentator on kent stream

Attached: reeeeeeee.gif (498x498, 2.04M)

Worcestershire's brave Ed Pollock and Jake Libby are surely the answer to England's opening batting woes

just thinking of the time I met Z and said 'pavement'
he just got embarrassed af and scampered away
kek

they like their "match centre"
edgbaston.com/fixtures/first-xi/warwickshire-vs-essex-21-april-2022/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=Match_Centre

oh got the 'dle in three btw
was bit of a toughie ngl

Middlesex tearing through Glamorgan

>lestarseshite

I'll be honest, Gloucestershire are not getting dabbed on quite as much as I'd hoped

Lancashire's bowling looks quite decent (4 int bowlers) but they're unironically struggling at home to the mighty *checks notes*.... Gloucestershire

grim Sussex bowling line up

Didn't see Jake Libby's dismissal but can only assume it was the worst case of umpball in human history

Hegg and Chapple looking old

Attached: age.png (1447x815, 1.71M)

just tuned into the lancashire stream
how is their production quality so high lmao
>ex sky comms
>posho seat with sofas
>Lancashire TV
>interviews in the interval in front of sponsor boards

chill out lads, it's only domestic cricket

set*

*humaning

I've got Warren Hegg's autograph somewhere, got a fair few of that Lancashire team back in the day

I keep autographs from Pears legends Gareth Batty and Mark Harrity (literally who) near me at all times

Attached: IMG_20220421_133204_50.jpg (2312x1736, 1.04M)

Now THIS was a game
Think 2004 was when my life peaked

Attached: IMG_20220421_133224_50.jpg (2312x1736, 1021.01K)

found my autograph book, some goods ones in here

Attached: PXL_20220421_124239928.jpg (4032x2268, 1.52M)

fine bowler, underrated by many

Attached: PXL_20220421_124319030.jpg (4032x2268, 2.01M)

a true legend of the game, shame about what happened after

Attached: PXL_20220421_124305203.jpg (4032x2268, 1.87M)

lovely player of the game

Attached: PXL_20220421_124500069.jpg (4032x2268, 1.62M)

got a bunch of others in that book, and some good names not from Lancashire in a copy of Cricketer's Who's Who I have. but I shan't bore you with those

Good morning. What will be a good match to follow the coming days. I am looking for something nice and competitive that will go the full four days. Thank you.

How to get isa guha level wife?

Good stuff
Were you able to walk out onto the pitch to collect the signatures? We used to be able to do that and also play cricket on the outfield during lunch / tea / between innings, but not sure if that's just cos it was a smaller ground

yeah, when play finished kids would hop the fence and swamp players for autographs, I tired to catch batsmen going back to the pavilion after they got out as I used to sit in the members area. most were fine to sign it if they had taken their gloves off, except Atherton because he was a miserable bugger, my brother eventually got me his though.
we could go on the outfield during intervals as long as you went nowhere near the pitch, you'd get nasty looks from the stewards if you even tried to get close enough for a photo

bit of shameless umpballing on that last lbw by Sussex desu

about time, Gloucestershire collapse incoming

Sounds comfy, those were the days eh

Bloody frauds

If the weather is ok I might head to the tea session at New Road tomorrow but probably cba

Memeslog is the main form of cricket now and there's nothing we can do about it.

3 gone in 20 minutes, time to chew up the middle order

Higgins will get a ton

any knowers in? why was Roland Jones dropped? looking at this lads numbers.. he averages 19 with the ball in test cricket

are you 50

no, just been an appreciator of country cricket for a good portion of my life

>Pattinson
>Paterson
>Patterson-White

Feels like they're just using the same guy with a sunglasses and moustache disguise

>119/0
>150/6
Gloucestershire on the ropes

Me? The last real nigga alive (that's official)

Have it on good authority that he made an off-colour remark about Ruth Strauss in the pavilion after one too many real ales, and it didn't go down well amongst the upper echelons of the ECB

Sussex should be in Division 3 desu
Pears aren't quite ready to be considered Division 1 standard, but this is an absolute rout, an embarrassment, a disgrace
Would recommend the promotion of Herefordshire and Shropshire coupled with the demotion of Sussex and Nottinghamshire

actually quite enjoyed last years system with the multiple group stages, feel it gave more counties a chance to actually compete for something

Yeah there's not that much of a difference between Div 1 and Div 2 desu, even shitters like Derbyshire have improved to a competitive level (Leicestershire still quite dire though)
Do quite like seeing Nottinghamshire languishing in Div 2 without any hope of winning the main trophy though, that's always nice

Worcestershire unironically filming with a 2012 model phone (set on slanted tripod) from one end lmao

Went on a nice bike ride around the grounds of the local tarq school, and their primary school grounds have their own railway system
There is A LOT of wealth in this county but it is yet to filter through to the cricketing club nor to my pockets

‘ce

are you 49?
kkeeeEEEEKKKKK

In my defence I only strayed onto their (semi-public) turf accidentally because I happened to be passing through the village where they're based on my way into the deep beating heart of the countryside

The big problem with the south is that they don't have any genuine countryside
They might think that they do, but they don't

>flat wicket
>anderson looking lost
he might not be back lads

Pavement

Parky would skittle these frauds but Dane Vilas refuses to use him

12O 5M 0 For 23 (1.92)
not terrible figures really. I'm sure he'll snag a wicket off the tail

me?¿? where's my promised curran-archer golden era¿?

Not sure anybody other than the ECB and weirdly also the IPL has ever thought that any of the Currans were any good
True cricket appreciators know that they're incredibly average