Armond White Exposed: His Dumbest Reviews

>Toy Story 3 (99%): “Toy Story 3 is so besotted with brand names and product-placement that it stops being about the innocent pleasures of imagination — the usefulness of toys — and strictly celebrates consumerism.”

>The Social Network: (96%) “Like one of those fake-smart, middlebrow TV shows, the speciousness of The Social Network is disguised by topicality. It’s really a movie excusing Hollywood ruthlessness.”

>The Dark Knight (94%): “The generation of consumers who swallow this pessimistic sentiment can’t see past the product to its debased morality. Instead, their excitement about The Dark Knight’s dread (that teenage thrall with subversion) inspires their fealty to product.”

>Iron Man (94%): “Iron Man is a dispiriting attempt to apply superficial principles to inherently silly kid culture.”

>Milk (94%): “A bizarre manipulation of the gay political impulse.”

Attached: Armond White.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20120117104421/http://www.nypress.com/article-22641-franchise-overboard.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WMbDPU1WJf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even if I don't agree with most of his reviews, the fact that he pisses off soifags and blue checkmarks is enough to redeem him.

>Midnight in Paris: (92%): “The groupie-like celebration of Allen’s doubled-up cultural insecurity and ambition represents a global degradation of culture standards.”

>There Will Be Blood (91%): “‘No!’ is the first word spoken in There Will Be Blood, and it should be the last said in response to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest pretend epic.”

>Bridesmaids (90%): “It’s an overly contrived jumble, trying out too many comic ideas that eventually swamp the central subject of what a modern young woman expects regarding friendship, courtship and marriage.”

>Easy A (85%): “Easy A is now frontrunner for worst film of 2010.”

>Michael Clayton (90%): “Hipster filmmakers keep looking backwards to the 1970s, hoping to disguise how ill-equipped they are to deal with contemporary social issues.”

Armond White has never written an inaccurate review

>HOW DARE YOU DISSENT

He's literally a troll. He intentionally writes contrarian reviews for what is effectively brand awareness, but he occasionally sprinkles in serious opinions so it isn't as obvious that he's a troll.

Yeah, we know. That's the whole appeal.

Why do you let those you hate decide your opinions for you?

>how could he say this about Toy Story?! Muh corporate blablabla! Who cares?!
>NOOO ADAM SANDLER HAS A JOKE ABOUT DUNKIN DONUTS IN THE MOVIE, CINEMA IS FUCKING DEAD WTF WE ARE LIVING IN HELL

>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (97%): “Now that the Harry Potter series is over, maybe the truth can be realized: This has been the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.”

>Up (98%): “All this deflated cinema and Pixarism mischaracterizes what good animation can be (as in Coraline, Monster House, Chicken Little, Teacher’s Pet, The Iron Giant). Up’s aesthetic failure stems from its emotional letdown.”

>King’s Speech: (95%): “Each scene in The King’s Speech is so poorly staged that its ineptitude sometimes borders on the avant-garde.”

>>Toy Story 3 (99%): “Toy Story 3 is so besotted with brand names and product-placement that it stops being about the innocent pleasures of imagination — the usefulness of toys — and strictly celebrates consumerism.”
Fucking based

I don't always agree with him but there have been sometimes where I really see where he's coming from. Like with BR2049 and War of the Worlds. I believe he's really just giving his response to the impulses of whatever he watches and let's it go instead of attempting to tune it to popular consensus. I respect him for that.

Armond gibs me hope that negroes can evolve higher intellect. slowly but surely, things are getting more based.

>Armond White likes Godzilla
He's cool

I agree with all of these

All of those are right except for Iron Man and maybe Social Network.

Accolades for Otherwise Panned Films:

>I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (14%): “It’s a modern classic (despite a cheap-shot plug for Giuliani). By comparison, Hollywood’s most celebrated gay comedies — In and Out, Chuck and Buck, Blades of Glory, even the laughable Brokeback Mountain — were all failures of nerve.”

>Just Go With It (19%): “The humorous tangents of Just Go With It are testaments to the fine art of improvisation and of comedy that doesn’t take itself overly seriously.”

>Grown Ups (10%): ” Cheerful and surprisingly heartfelt.”

>Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (20%): ” Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is more proof [Bay] has a great eye for scale and a gift for visceral amazement.”

>Shits on all these movies, and savagely I might add
>Still rates all of them highly

Holy fucking based

I love this guy

There's a difference between agreeing with Armond because annoying people hate him, and simply liking Armond because he annoys the annoying

>>Midnight in Paris: (92%): “The groupie-like celebration of Allen’s doubled-up cultural insecurity and ambition represents a global degradation of culture standards.”
Holy mother of BASED. Dabbing on Woody since Orson

100% correct on ironman and it applies to all capetrash

Kek

>>Just Go With It (19%): “The humorous tangents of Just Go With It are testaments to the fine art of improvisation and of comedy that doesn’t take itself overly seriously.”
BASED
That movie sucked but was surprisingly entertaining

>the dullest movie franchise
holy fuck is he referencing Yea Forums? or is the pasta from white?

The percentage is Rotten Tomatoes. It highlights how wrong he is from popular opinion

>Up’s aesthetic failure stems from its emotional letdown.
Holy fuck based

>Teacher's Pet
based

Isnt rotten tomatoes a binary system?
If a movie is somewhat competent most will give it a "its watchable" score and a mediocre movie can get 90+ rating?

>>Grown Ups (10%): ” Cheerful and surprisingly heartfelt.”
Agree with this. The first Grown Up was remarkably good.

guess the movie Yea Forums

Attached: 1528819639009.jpg (850x400, 72K)

Ah damn, that's a shame. He's still based but I thought he was going like

>Toy Story 3
>"It's fucking shit, don't waste your money."
>Score: 10/10, a modern classic

A little bit of a disappointment.

>It highlights how wrong he is from popular opinion
Wait, so disagreeing with the unwashed masses now makes you "wrong"? Are you a complete retard?

Black Panther?

Now I'm gonna expose him on his retarded take on how cinema is dead for the dumbest biased reasons ever.

"Since 2004, the year that film culture split along moral and artistic lines, political and class biases have been exhibited in films that became more and more partisan. This rift was furthered by a compromised media, where critics praised movies that exhibited cynicism along with political bias.

The 20 films listed here effectively destroyed art, social unity, and spiritual confidence. They constitute a corrupt, carelessly politicized canon." -- Armond White

I'll post it in the follow up posts

Django?

annnnd here comes the orchestrated discord tranny attacks against /ourguy/

The 20 films that killed cinema, according to White:

>1) Good Night and Good Luck (2005) George Clooney, president of the corrupt canon, directed and acted in a dishonest fantasy biopic of TV-news icon Edward R. Murrow to revive blacklist lore as part of a liberal agenda.

>2) The Dark Knight (2008) used the Batman myth to undermine heroism, overturn social mores, and embrace anarchy

>3) Oceans Twelve (2004) Steven Soderbergh salutes land of the greedy and home of the depraved in a reboot franchise sequel, scoffing at the post-War conviction of Sinatras Rat Pack original.

>4) 12 Years a Slave (2013) distorted the history of slavery while encouraging and continuing Hollywoods malign neglect of slaverys contemporary impact.

>5) Wall-E (2008) Nihilism made cute for children of all ages who know nothing about cultural history or how to sustain it.

>6) Manderlay (2005) Lars Von Triers Dogville sequel sold American self-hatred back to us, and critics fawned.

>7) United 93 (2006) reduced the pain and tragedy of 9/11 to the inanity of a disaster movie.

>8) Frost/Nixon (2008) Political vengeance disguised as a dual biopic that prized showbiz egotism over conflicted public service.

12 Years

how can one man be so based?

>9) Knocked Up (2007) Judd Apatows comedy of bad manners attacked maturity and propriety.

>10) The Social Network (2010) David Finchers new Horatio Alger tale glorified technocrat Mark Zuckerberg with chic, digital-era arrogance.

>11) Precious (2009) coincided with Obamas first year in office to revive racial condescension with the audacity of nope.

>12) The Hangover (2009) infantilized privileged adulthood, a celebration of chaos and irresponsibility.

The pasta comes from Armond. The man is simply too based.

>The value and talent of a Movie Critic is measured by how much they can have the same opinion as everyone else
yikes

Son of the Mask?

>4) 12 Years a Slave (2013) distorted the history of slavery while encouraging and continuing Hollywoods malign neglect of slaverys contemporary impact.
he's right, it should have been about how blacks need reparations

Every single one of those reviews is right.

>13) Slumdog Millionaire (2008) an Oscar-winning tale of game-show greed as an answer to systemic poverty.

>14) A History of Violence (2005) David Cronenbergs new take on Ugly Americans blamed patriotic sadism.

>15) Inglourious Basterds (2009) Quentin Tarantinos answer to Abu Ghraib, a cruel, jokey, ahistorical revision of WWII.

>16) The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) Ass-kicking espionage disparaged American foreign policy while making money off it.

>17) Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005) Sarcastic violence is the new marriage equality, says Brangelina, Hollywoods POTUS and FLOTUS.

>18) Che (2008) Steven Soderbergh gives Hipster Hollywood its own four-hour rebuttal to Oliver Stones JFK.

>19) There Will Be Blood (2007) Paul Thomas Andersons pseudo-epic of the American soul cooked up an anti-Christian, weirdly misogynist history lesson.

>20) Lincoln (2012) Spielberg succumbs to Tony Kushners limousine-liberal cynicism to valorize Obama-era political chicanery.

Those are the 20 films since 2004 that have helped kill cinema, according to this retarded contrarian.

Notice how this fucker only attacks popular films and has a huge right wing bias and hates ANY film that is negative. What a fucking child. Sometimes the world is ugly and we have to show the negativity

>Good Night and Good Luck
Jesus Christ. He called it. I saw parts of it the other day and realized what schlock it was. It was like Clooney was looking at the camera saying "HOLLYWOOD GOOD DO WHAT WE SAY"
>TDK
Semi-agree with at least.
>O12
Pretty true. It was okay as a popcorn flick but it was a halfhearted cash grab playing off the memory of the Rat Pack.
>12YAS
Yeah. Hollywood/liberals only interest in the history of slavery/racism is how they can act sad over it to get attention
>Wall-E
The entire frame of that movie always bothered me. The humans live in an infinite consumer-mall in space but in the end start planting vegetables and that's spiritual or something? Like that was all it took for them to have meaning in their lives?

Toy Story 3 is one of the most overrated movies of all time

Armond White's critique of Hollywood liberalism could just as easily have come from a left-wing publication.

95 percent of people disagree with you. Btw you aren't special for disliking popular movies. It just makes you look pathetic and seeking attention and very pretentious

Every movie made in Hollywood for the past 30 years

Armond White is the only reviewer to take seriously.

Dilate

8 Mile

95 percent of critics, not people. And when was popularity ever a metric of quality? Even the masses are not retarded enough to trust the masses. You are the contrarian here.

The man's clearly a savant and /ourcritic/

Attached: 1445459687903.jpg (500x1736, 300K)

95 percent of retards disagree with Armond. You aren't special for disagreeing with him

These are all reviews from him. The score percentage is the Rotten Tomatoes score. I put it there to show how he likes to disagree with critically acclaimed films

Attached: t4352.jpg (1200x675, 96K)

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse

Literally agree with every one of those

Attached: 152134623534234.jpg (500x362, 23K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN’T HATE UNIVERSALLY LOVED MOVIES

Attached: F4AE0C5B-320D-4DE2-A49E-F4A0853DA283.jpg (647x740, 54K)

>www.nationalreview.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic/amp/
>Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer)visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?
/ourguy/

Cody Leach on youtubes seems kinda retarded. Not as retarded as Angry Joe's movie reviews

He ripped on Lady Bird and Neon Demon in his better than list but still gave them very positive ratings.

>Rent free

Whatever. The point is he doesn't hold back on his crypto-facism in those comments

yes, that is how bad movies that make critics feel bad about giving them a bad score (make drama with "good message" involving minorities) can get ridiculously high scores

Whatever. This guy should literally not be allowed to have an opinion. He is a living, breathing embodiment of Poe's Law at this point. You'd think if he was a troll, the "real" Armond White would have shown his face by now (so to speak).

Is this real?

Damn I read that top to bottom. I got Memento'd

>'Dumbest reviews'
>Nothing dumb about them, they're all startingly accurate
Cringe

He liked Batman V Superman?

He's not only a based critic, but a based man.

I kept it together, until I got to

>14) A History of Violence (2005) David Cronenbergs new take on Ugly Americans blamed patriotic sadism.

This man is a shameless creature. History of Violence is beyond amazing. No words can describe.

>People with different opinions shouldn't be allowed to have opinions
Based NPC. When's the next Marvel flick coming out?

Only capeshit movie I've liked in the last 10 years

It must suck to watch everything through a political lens distorted by a persecution complex. All of his reviews are political as fuck, retard. He is a fucking idiot

>Dog on stage
>"I can't believe they got Malick to show up to this"

Attached: 19E5BFB5-A863-4051-887B-491701CA9F83.jpg (688x692, 61K)

Maybe not the only one I liked but definitely my favorite.

Attached: 1526317245576856.jpg (263x317, 8K)

Yup. BvS is unuronically the closest thing to capekino we have.

Attached: 3F72481B-BD74-4AAB-931C-5B513B49446F.jpg (478x374, 57K)

Boss Nigger

What do you mean exactly?

Revenant?

>you'll never get peak Affleck on roids again
>you'll never see a Snyder/Affleck Batman movie
>no more Cavill as superman

Honestly sometimes he's on the mark and other times he obviously hasn't even watched the movie.

Hol up yall niggas actually keep up with critics like athletes? I mean i know who roger ebert is but thats the whole tomato.

Sorry, life can be ugly and some films will reflect that reality. This retard (and you) keep complaining about nihilism blah blah blah

Not every film needs to be Adam Sandler shit. We need films that show us the ugly side of life. If you can't handle reality, get out

A lot of his critiques of LGBT/racially themed movies are tinged with the suggestion that they're not radical or authentic enough in their depiction... a lot of the time he seems to be lamenting the bourgeois adulteration of minority cultures. Notice how he often speaks favourably of movies touching on similar issues from the 60s and 70s, a more frank and politically radical time. He is a proud gay, after all.

stop projecting your mental illness on everything, tranny

Attached: 54323.png (738x669, 233K)

Well, he shouldn't get paid for it. This guy is a massive troll

Yup, we have fantasy leagues and everything, but with critics.

Like taking bets on how our chosen critics will review movies before they come out.

You and him and the other anons are just playing the victim card

How so?

And you're not special for agreeing either.

>Roger erbert
Who?

) The Dark Knight (2008) used the Batman myth to undermine heroism, overturn social mores, and embrace anarchy
Based. But seriously, he should have added the MCU somewhere there. These fucking movies are beyond retarded.

All of this is true.

Constantly complaining about how all of these movies have agendas to attack Christianity, conservatism, traditional views etc.

Constantly complaining how they promote liberal views (as if that's a bad thing) but if we had it your way we would have a bunch of shitty movies like God's Not Dead and Unplanned

Sucked on too much pussy and got tongue cancer

If I could write and direct a movie, I'd call it "God Hates Fags"

>but if we had it your way we would have a bunch of shitty movies like God's Not Dead and Unplanned
um sweetie, try L'Anglaise et le Duc or Journal d'un curé de campagne

web.archive.org/web/20120117104421/http://www.nypress.com/article-22641-franchise-overboard.html

>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (97%): “Now that the Harry Potter series is over, maybe the truth can be realized: This has been the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.”
That is literally the truest thing any movie reviewer has ever wrote.

He called out Iron Man on the list.

>that CHANTIX® stare

Attached: 12.jpg (250x236, 8K)

Agree with all except There Will Be Blood. That isn't a film that a nigger could understand though so I forgive him.

Attached: Pathetic.jpg (301x329, 9K)

Another NPC on Yea Forums who just says "I agree with based black man" but can't actually explain why. None of you can. You're all so predictable

Show where Armond is wrong

I give you a real answer and Yea Forums only gives me a meme counter argument. That's the sign that you have no argument. Now stfu

Agree with all of these. Glad to see another Chicken Little connoisseur

Attached: chicklil.jpg (431x800, 43K)

Idiot, the rating is not his

see

"God Hates Fags" doesn't sound like a good title to you?

I agree

He's objectively right. Many of us bought in to these Jewish psyops. The Dark Knight being the most obvious in hindsight.

Attached: 1234.jpg (750x1000, 87K)

I dont need to hes just wrong. Those movies are all objectively good just look at they're score

I agree with Armond when he shits on a movie but not when he dickrides one.

>I dont need to hes just wrong
That's some amazing arguing right there

how do so many of you retards manage to either fuck up images or download shitty versions of images, who the hell added the white space?

Attached: 1486046898488.jpg (640x659, 82K)

Based Armond “Honorary” White

>the movie is good because the score is good
Literal trained monkey logic, jump off a cliff already

That's a border to draw the eye inwards.

The images are naturally bordered by this website

>I dont need to hes just wrong. Those movies are all objectively good just look at they're score
Great bait

>We need films that show us the ugly side of life
Not necessarily.

I feel like if Rian was really tweeting the whole time, Armond would see that he was on his phone and realize it was him. But maybe everyone was on their phones.

Here youtube.com/watch?v=WMbDPU1WJf8

"No!"

Attached: OUR_GUY.jpg (850x400, 74K)

Can you sum it up?

But yet you complain about "Dear White People" and things like that

You're all so soft like snowflakes

I think most people complained because it was unfunny

This bit only makes sense if I read it top to bottom

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-15 18-34-09.png (499x227, 111K)

That doesn't even make sense

triumph of the will?

where is he wrong?

Fuck him. Blades of Glory was amazing.

He's consistent. Immediately not the worst

Okay, snowflake

these are all great, cope

Armond White has never written a bad review

hang all trannies

S11E5?

>"exposed"
>it's a list of quotes from things he wrote and published openly

>“‘No!’ is the first word spoken in There Will Be Blood, and it should be the last said in response to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest pretend epic.”
Holy BASED

>The Dark Knight being the most obvious in hindsight.
I'm embarrassed to admit I fell for it.

>There Will Be Blood (91%): “‘No!’ is the first word spoken in There Will Be Blood, and it should be the last said in response to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest pretend epic.”
My nigga

Most of Yea Forums are not aware of his shitty reviews like There Will Be Blood and TDK. I'm Shining a light on it

How is TDK Jewish, you paranoid soccer mom

>MCU discord shills hating on Armond "Honorary" White because he trashes their abysmal children flicks
>AGAIN
Yeah I think this deserves a big fat LMAO from me, gentlemen

Thing is with Armond, you might not agree with everything he says but his reviews are always worth reading.

To many reviewers today are writing like they are trying to sell the fucking film rather than critique. This always seems to be the case with Marvel garbage and Disney.

Based. Revenge of the Fallen is a masterpiece.

I mean he did gave a good review to Suicide Squad, so I doubt thrashing abysmal children flicks is his agenda

>Thing is with Armond, you might not agree with everything he says but his reviews are always worth reading.

This is the crucial thing. Armond's reviews are a joy to read even (or especially) if you disagree with them. The partisanbrains on Yea Forums are too obsessed with having the "right" opinion...

I'm pretty sure he didn't review those films. He prefers stuff like Dragged across concrete and even liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Why did Frasi and Nilsier speak with british accents?

Attached: nilesierandfrasi.jpg (767x431, 47K)

OOHH NOOO, WHY DOESN'T HE LIKE THESE FILMS??! THEY SHOULD HAVE 100% ON RT, LOOK, ALL THE OTHER (((CRITICS))) LIKED THEM, THEY MUST BE GOOD, REEEEE!

Phonebooth?

Neither of their accents were British, by which you probably mean English.

these quotes have more thoughts than most of what shit out movie critics nowadays

The real answer is Avatar.

>Everyone who agrees with me is right and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong

On top of this his frequent disdain for how Hollywood vilifies the past and attacks prior decade's as icons of intokerance while ignoring the present day's own issues with the same matters is very lefty sounding in isolation. That he is cognizant of how the past is often scapegoated by liberals, built up into a symbolic sacrifice on the altar of cultural iconoclasm so as to absolve the also guilty present without needing to process pr engage with living people and ongoing issues, is something typical of feminist and post-colonial analysis.

>Thing is with Armond, you might not agree with everything he says but his reviews are always worth reading.
You may as well read Debbie Schlussel

The Dark Knight (2008) used the Batman myth to undermine heroism, overturn social mores, and embrace anarchy

undermine heroism + embrace anarchy = birth of pc culture and sjw shit

All of his shit reads like an essay from an English major undergrad.

yea, how about you stop shilling your shitty channel?

liberalism does not have the monopoly on the left wing

Just ask yourself: have you ever found out a great movie thanks to Armond?
No you just read his reviews of popular movies that you already knew because he's le based blackman does it again lol!

Right. There are also plenty of authoritarians, terrorists and anarchists on the left too

lmao

He's the homosexual print media version of Red Letter Media.

>undermine heroism + embrace anarchy = birth of pc culture and sjw shit
lmfao, fuckin hell

>his crypto-facism in those comments
Is it one of those “anyone who’s not a commie is a fascist” things?

>Tries to be as contrarian as humanly possible and even beyond
>Still ends up being absolutely right about everything
How do I achieve this level of gnosis

Attached: armond.jpg (400x600, 86K)

holy shit, this guy's based
he needs to go head to head with YourDogFucks.com

>be contrarian
>be right
Those aren't mutually exclusive, are they? We shouldn't be programmed to assume the mainstream thought is the right one. That's why White's critics can only criticize him by calling him a troll and pointing at that he doesn't follow the herd, because nonconformity is a flaw for them.

>>Up (98%): “All this deflated cinema and Pixarism mischaracterizes what good animation can be (as in Coraline, Monster House, Chicken Little, Teacher’s Pet, The Iron Giant). Up’s aesthetic failure stems from its emotional letdown.”

I used to really like Up when it first came out until I rewatched it about a year ago for the first time since then and realized that, aside from the intro sequence with the wife dying, the entire movie is just a soulless, by-the-numbers adventure-comedy film.
It certainly isn't a bad film; I wouldn't give it a negative rating. But it also isn't the cinematic animation masterpiece so many said it is.

Not as many as retards like you unfortunately

I didn't hate most of those movies but it's not like any of them are amazing pieces of cinematic art above reproach (oh no not the 3rd installment of talking toy cartoon!!!)

>keeping up with athletes

What the fuck? Everything of relevance they do is on the field, why would you follow them irl? It's not like they are intellectual icons or anything.

Why did Frasier have a mullet? For an uppercrust guy you would think he would have a less biker-tattoo trailer park hair style.

>

Attached: 1562626529227.png (785x1000, 254K)

Adam said the same thing, so I know this is wrong

Who is Adam?

This is a serious thought: can we get Armond to do a co-review of the Sonic movie with Cole Smithey?

It can be a movie critic version of Crossfire given their opposing politics too.

What exactly is the point of movie reviewers if they all agree on everything? Aside from being ads in disguise of course.

Reminder that if you need someone else to tell you if something subjective is good you’re a literal NPC

>“Each scene in The King’s Speech is so poorly staged that its ineptitude sometimes borders on the avant-garde.”
Fucking eviscerated.

He seems to think if the movie has any message other than "be happy" then it's not good

Name one depression kino that can change Armond's mind

Fake news, he gave a negative review to Suicide Squad

Attached: armond_suicide_squad.jpg (715x171, 35K)

no shit why do you think Yea Forums likes him

RT used to have comments for each review but removed them because every review got 0-2 comments and White would get 500 every time

>>Toy Story 3 (99%): “Toy Story 3 is so besotted with brand names and product-placement that it stops being about the innocent pleasures of imagination — the usefulness of toys — and strictly celebrates consumerism.”
He aint wrong about this one though. (((PIxar))) btfo'd

Apatow killed comedy movies for a generation

The Social Network and The Hangover sucked

If it isn't Rian is a better writer than we give him credit for.

At least he's honest and doesn't suck dick

Holy shit read a book and grow up you fuckin retard

>We shouldn't be programmed to assume the mainstream thought is the right one.
I don't know about shouldn't, but most people simply are conditioned like this. In spite of rampant normalfaggotry, anons here are still relatively unconcerned by social fitting compared to most people.

>strictly celebrates consumerism
weird for someone who's apparently critical of capitalism to be contributing to a right wing magazine

you first

Attached: ayo white boi.jpg (734x633, 70K)

>it makes me feel smart because he uses a thesaurus

He just injects the term "post-9/11" into everything as an excuse for not having a point to make

someone should add the murder suicide rate for incels to this

Being a critic is not a real job. Fuck those pretentious cunts

Simply saying the opposite of whatever everyone else says is far from honest.

you do realize he's gay right

he literally does suck dick

Still seething? Get a life.

Shut up, Armond.

you can't hate a gay black man

Did you seriously watch that movie and come away from it with the message that the Joker is the fucking good guy? What kind of retard are you? The film is not pro-anarchy at all.

>nevermind all that bullshit we said about crime rates and sodomites, black and gays are fine to have around as long as they're pissing off the damn libruls
E X P O S E D

He's very based

Attached: image.png (594x582, 41K)

>we

>The Social Network glorified Mark Zuckerberg
what the actual fuck is he even talking about, that movie made him look like the biggest asshole on the planet. Does he need medication? Did he actually see the movie?

Nooooooooooooooo. What are the pets doing thinking for themselves? It must be stopped.

>STOP HAVING OPINIONS YOU CAN'T REVIEW IT THE WRONG WAY

all I understood from it was James Gandolfini got yet another bad role and we were supposed to be badass and fell short because the entire cool vibe he was supposed to give wasn't demonstrated throughout the entirety.

>current year +4
>still watches/listens to critics
Why are people like this?

i'm drunk
and we were supposed to believe brad pitt to be badass*

Simply defaulting to the opposite of whatever everyone else thinks is somehow better?

HOW DARE YOU HAVE OPINIONS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS AND NO I DON'T SEE HOW I'M BEING HYPOCRITICAL AT ALL

It's not hypocritical. Learn what words mean before you use them.

Armond agrees with general consensus about 80% of the time

I unironivally think he is the best critic working nowadays.

Based Armond working söybrains into a seething SEETHE with his truthbombs

Attached: 1565544515662.jpg (637x530, 67K)

Where does the part about "stretching his legs" come from?

um, yeah i'm thinkin this guy is based.

Admond White has the vocabulary of a genius and the logic of a nigger. That contradiction is what makes him so compelling. It's like adding an expensive engine to a junk yard car. You would never do it, but if you did, it's a sight to behold.

Attached: 1562695381299.png (378x357, 81K)

>This has been the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises
>gives it 97%
Based critic.

only pseuds like this guy and think he's legit

His logic is objectively correct though.

only insecure brainlets use the term “pseud”

It's not about being legit. It's about being able to plausibly justify your completely insane opinions. He is unironically my hero, and I hope to be as good at bullshitting as him someday

tfw you get replaced by a Turkey.

>Armond has not introduced himself, but he has eaten off my plate twice without asking.
Power move.

Armond is that you?

But isn't Ironman the only Marvel movie that Yea Forums likes?

Dilate

>b-but I thought it was okay to like Iron Man, please tell me what the consensus opinion is so that I can make sure I fit in
Grow a spine dude

>eaten off my plate twice without asking

Attached: 1516108959104.jpg (247x248, 21K)

It's called a mid-Atlantic accent - a mix of British and American English that used to be common in expensive American private schools.

Does chantix work? I’ve thought about trying it but the horror stories scare me.

I honestly don't understand how you can live in a /pol/ mindset without killing yourself. Every single bit of enjoyment people might find in life is a Jewish plot to destroy society, it's such an insane and miserable way to live.

unironically based and 100% right about Milkpilled

He unthinkingly opposes everything people like and supports everything they don't like, basically a standard Yea Forums npc but better educated

There’s being contrarian because you have a valid point and there’s being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Either way, it makes you look cool and most people are too dumb to know the difference anyway.

I saw this exact same thing repeated a thousand times by npcs.

I've seen this message repeated by npcs as well

>what good animation can be (as in Coraline, Monster House, Chicken Little, Teacher’s Pet, The Iron Giant).
I had to look up what Teacher's Pet is. kek

Attached: 1535056730640.png (1342x465, 841K)

>No u
You sure showed him

>can we get Armond to do a co-review of the Sonic movie with Cole Smithey?
I would pay money to see this happen.

>Bridesmaids
Based, what a shitty movie.

I responded to a substance-less post with the same, go cry

Top kek, what a Chad.

Honestly the best part of this is how Rian Johnson seems confused that White and Herzog could go from drunkenly fighting to laughing together so quickly. It’s like he’s never had a close male friend and he thinks everybody is as fragile and petty as he is.

Toy Story 3 was shit

Absolutely based on Harry Potter and King's Speech.

He is wrong everytime he says something good about a movie though.

Attached: 8051217.png (539x670, 541K)

Film doesn't need to be anything

Fucking trannies bumping our numbers up.

Alright, I was standing on the wall, but now you sold me on this dude. Absolutely based.

Attached: salute.png (655x815, 390K)

dang, even when I disagree with him he’s still 100% usd certified based

Attached: lol.jpg (394x473, 61K)

go back to pleddit

At least separate the asians from the whites, you lazy nigger.

Trannies are incels. Why do you think they all become "lesbians" and lick each other's infected wounds?

>>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (97%): “Now that the Harry Potter series is over, maybe the truth can be realized: This has been the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.”
He's objectively correct

Based

how is Armond's Yea Forums taste?

Attached: co taste.png (931x160, 34K)

I agree with all these. Almond is a national treasure.

Attached: 1501112220828.gif (342x342, 404K)

Hes black so the SJW media won't brutally attack him.

lotta projection here

>Toy Story 3 (99%): “Toy Story 3 is so besotted with brand names and product-placement that it stops being about the innocent pleasures of imagination — the usefulness of toys — and strictly celebrates consumerism.”
But OP that's based. Toy Story 3 was awful and 4 is even worse, it's exactly what he said.

>with the audacity of nope.
The greatest cheap play on words ever written.

Just Go With It wasn't that bad actually

Huh?

it's avatar, I typed the quote in and the first result was avatar

James Cameron's BEAUTIFUL 53 year old wife on his PLANET SAVING DIET does not agree!

Attached: 1143473846.jpg (879x651, 77K)

>>Iron Man (94%): “Iron Man is a dispiriting attempt to apply superficial principles to inherently silly kid culture.”

unironically fucking based

You really shouldn’t. As others have said, he has a well worn gimmick that he sticks to because it gets him attention. His reviews used to be fun to read but have become predictable.

Damn, I kinda like this guy now. Always ignored him before. Thanks OP.

Good bless his soul.