They hacked the alien mothership and uploaded a virus?

They hacked the alien mothership and uploaded a virus?

How did they know what OS the aliens used?

Attached: UENDGLGSDJWHDDKEACSYBKNJV4.jpg (800x617, 98K)

they uploaded my dick it is full of alien aids

Reverse engineered the tech from the one that crashed at Roswell

There's a deleted scene where the general or nerd scientist guy says all modern computer technology on earth is reverse engineered from the Roswell ship, so that's how they were able to make the virus. Why that scene didn't make the final cut I do not know

Was Independence Day an ironic movie we were supposed to be enjoy on a 'so bad its good' level?
I can't fucking tell anymore.

Isn't it obvious? Aliens intelligent enough to build space faring craft clearly use apple products.

Thanks cinema sins.

it is essentially an alien invasion parody movie but with the jokes and explicit comedy removed

That old small space ship they studied since Roswell.

>deleted scene says basically we ripped a bunch of inventions and tech from aliens without giving them credit
I swear I've heard this as a theory before....

Independance Day is unironically a great movie though

Bill gates was an alien

>GIVE ME A SEC I HAVE TO BREAK THROUGH THIS FIRE WALL AND DELETE THEIR SYSTEMS UI

Attached: tenor.gif (498x469, 2.61M)

It's well-directed and excellently paced and edited. I'll give it that.
Emmerich's other 'disaster' movies don't really compare.

Amen

Whenever I hear someone hate on it I know that they are a pretentious cunt that can’t tell actual quality from garbage.

its so dumb but i absolutely love it because it was the first movie i ever watched at the drive-in when i was 4 it was fucking awesome i actually recently bought it on blu ray and it should be here later today hopefully

It’s isn't dumb though. Gravity is dumb, interstellar is dumb, sunshine and alien is fucking dumb but not ID4.

i love all those movies

aliens obviously used gentoo
or templeos

the aliens used templeOS

I don't even mind it because it's like an homage to the end of War of the Worlds in a way. Is it dumb? Yeah kinda. But whatever.

dumb cia niggers

whenever I buy a property I make sure that I can hold the door open so my dog can jump in right before the disaster happens

Fucking glowing.

>alien
>entire crew dies as a result of how they deal with a cat
>heroine and last survive gets last few killed for the cat
>almost kills herself for the cat
>best scary moment in entire movie is a scene with the cat and not the alien...
>rough rugged space miners yawn

>interstellar
>earth is having problems
>let’s fly through a wormhole and land next to a black hole with idiots who are clueless on how to save humanity

>gravity
>space gives astronaut anxiety
>Chinese save the day, thanks tencent for your investment

Sunshine is kino, agreed

>sunshine
>hey boys you heard about the sun yes?
>we need to reboot the mother fucker amirite math engineer peeps?!
>anyway your mission is should you accept it, to save humanity and restart the sun, this is how you do it, I hope you can follow instructions you are out only hope! Now that the previous crew died...
>dude you need to stop beating people and cutting yourself, you are an astronaut BOI
>mmm sunshine so beautiful, have to watch sunshine without glasses, I’m the best humanity had to send!
>reeeeeee save the plants
>please stop being so dark boi
Smh

it wasnt actually a software virus, it was the counterpart to the harmonic frequencies of the command and control network the aliens used, including their ships reactor core control system.
them sending out the opposite frequencies through the stolen alien fighter allowed them to amplify their signal to the point where it would even out the containment field harmonics of the power core, causing it to collapse and emitting a wide yeah i made that all up.

China also saved the day in that Matt Damon movie where he is on mars

>Our computers are based on theirs
>40 years experimenting with their tech
>They already had tried the virus on the crashed ship in area 51
>They already knew they still used the same language as the mothership because the crashed one lit up when the big one got to earth

JEFF GOLDBLUM SON USED HIS HACKING POWERS DONT YOU REMEMBER HE FOUND A SIGNAL THAT AREA 51 AND THE GOVERNMENT DIDNT FIND LMAO UR STUPID

>dog survives a fireball
>dog is called boomer
>boomer survives as thousands upon thousands of millennials die
What did emmerich mean by this

Literally one of the most kino scenes in history, I fucking lose it every time I see it

>incomprehensible alien technology
>lol lets just hack it lmao
The absolute state of media-watching NPCs.

They had a crashed ship to examine and even if you don't know a programming language it's still trivial to decipher the logic of software systems, just not exactly. Throwing a wrench in would be even more trivial, but the unrealistic part is that the aliens wouldn't have toptier antimalware and systems that know to isolate and replace themselves. If stopping something were as simple as breaking it once we wouldnt be able to post right now.

I don't like this theory because it dismisses the robotics, mathematics and engineering that comprised original computers and preceeded the silicon chip. Did we discover silicon circuitry and the concept of microscopic logic gates by seeing how aliens did it? Possible. But we invented logic gates and analog computers before electricity was even discovered.

Attached: 1 9nQkPB0ndjc4bHBmndijtQ.jpg (1111x719, 212K)

In other words with the first electric computers we were one step beyond steampunk but not fully in the digital age, we were actually in an alternate timeline that bubbled into the current timeline during the discovery of alien silicon based microscopic circuitry using silicon, gold and quartz.

Attached: eniac3.gif (581x480, 242K)