Wtf this was great!

Wtf this was great!

Attached: E56C4055-967D-494D-83D1-4B1C81413542.jpg (2764x4096, 1.79M)

haha no it wasn’t

>critics watching Godzilla films for the people
This movie was fantastic and a great set up for the Monsterverse to expand. People watched it wrong.

Attached: 7D3882B7-CA84-4A34-9BE3-7362FFBD42C7.jpg (960x378, 47K)

I agree, Rotten Tomatoes told me it’s bad so I know it’s bad.

Attached: 1564104020684.gif (367x219, 523K)

I thought the extended scene of Godzilla forcing Ghidorah to worship his cock was a little much.

>that scene where Godzilla grabs Mothras wings and give her a brutal facefuck with his massive dick
How did they get away with it?

I disagree. I'm a huge Godzilla fan since I was a child and actually liked the 2014 Godzilla. I was super hyped for KotM but didn't get a chance to see it in the cinema.
I watched it in hd 2 days ago and I was super disappointed. The plot was idiotic, the setting went too far down the sci-fi path and was simply not believable for me with all that tech and bases and stations all around the glob, the characters were uninteresting, and worst of all, the monster scenes were incredibly dull. I felt like I did after watching Man of Steel. I was super hyped but ultimately completely tricked by the trailer.
The monster battles were presented and orchestrated in the most terrible way possible. First of all they moved too quickly. In 2014 they were slow and lumbering but that made if feel like there's thousands of tons behind every move. Here everything felt quick and light. Then they didn't let the monsters shine properly. All the battles where intercut with human scenes every few seconds and from ground persepectives way too often. Also there were no battle related highlight moments for me like the first atomic breath scene or the breath kill from 2014. Nothing really epic or a moment that made me go "whoa!" or "awesome!".

I didn't like it at all.

This sums up what I thought about it pretty well. The physics were what made it suck the most for me, I thought the ground scenes were cool because of just how terrifying being next to something like that would feel. The plot was awful and felt hamfisted, like they changed their mind several times while filming instead of having something complete to draw from. The sci-fi stuff would have been fine if it wasn't for the cheesey capeshit flying wing.

Also that guy who was supposed to be the comic relief was trying to channel jeff goldbloom from Jurassic Park and didn't understand that in order for it to work there had to be a serious tone to it as well.

I'd give it a 2/10

>The scene where Godzilla made two of Ghidorah’s heads suck on each of his balls while he forced the middle head to deepthroat his cock

I guess that was too much for most critics.

Attached: 1560288398011.jpg (750x500, 73K)

So what does the monsterverse’s future look like, now that we know Toho loved KOTM

Godzilla vs Kong is slated for 2020. I still need to see Skull Island.

It’s pure monster/60’s kino

It really just goes to show that what makes a good Movie and what makes a good GODZILLA movie are not, generally speaking, the same thing.

It really wasn't a good movie.
But it was the second best Godzilla movie in a decade, which is saying something, as it was western

I turned it off when they started talking about human overpopulation

Also critics are idiots.

I heard Toho isn't going to renew Legendary's license, because they realize Godzilla is popular again and want to make their own movies.

Typical sneaky gooks.

>tfw your son dies so you decide to murder everyone on the planet

Attached: A44A8813-D528-4E3C-99E4-695926AEA91B.jpg (286x441, 42K)

They don't have to be mutually exclusive. The bar is just really low because the vast majority of Godzilla movies are just live action cartoons, so even a mediocre movie can outdo most of them simply by virtue of having a big budget.

The monsters are basically like professional wrestlers, and the humans are their promoters. I don’t know why anyone would expect more than that from a Godzilla film.

One thing I hated was how much the trailers and TV spots gave away:

-Godzilla's finishing move/nuclear pulse
-Godzilla being dropped from the sky
-Serizawa's death/reviving Godzilla with the nuke
-Emma's redemption ("Long live the king" as she's obviously wounded/dying)

They probably felt the need to show lots of action to make up for the negative response to 2014, but they showed so much that anyone could piece the plot together simply by watching the trailers.

It was kino start to finish. Critics can suck a dick

Blu ray comes out and suddenly everybody loves it

It was always highly rated by audiences.