Who’s directing it?

Who’s directing it?

Attached: D60923CC-C437-4FCA-B551-83FE21B14CEF.jpg (1012x1554, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2o61zJrrss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thom greene

>authors name bigger than book title

wouldn’t it be impossible to make into a movie?

I would unironically have cast him and Andy Dick in Ulysses.

Attached: tomgreenudder.png (456x345, 325K)

>download the pdf of this book

Give it an honest try to read, can't make it beyond 10 pages.

I could see it work as a Naked Lunch type thing where the 'story' is about the author writing the book.

James Franco, obviously. To try and remind everyone once again that he reads books.

Bane

Based brap enthusiast

Jesus Christ, imagine if Rogen or Franco worked on it

>dude WVIED kmao

>he thinks you can just read finnegans wake

Yeah I heard it was a meme but it's straight illegible.

Too bad that’s literally impossible

you need loads of companion material if you want to even begin reading it

riverrun, past DUDE and WEED

Henry Chimpton Earwicker.

It's made of portmanteaus. Might take you a while to figure out which words he's combining sometimes and what the implications are of the two words together, but it's readable.

It's really not. I thought that too once, that it was just gibberish. But you should get the Skeleton Key by Joseph Campbell and Henry Robinson, it illuminates what the book is about. Once you put in the effort and actually find out what the book is about, you'll be amazed at how much thought has gone into it. The story is fucking amazing and rivals the holy bible in terms of how awe-inspiring it is, i'm not kidding. Seriously. Give it a chance.

>Might take you a while to figure out which words he's combining sometimes and what the implications are of the two words together, but it's readable
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk :^)

This. I did the same, and found things in there that Campbell & Robinson didn't see. "It's so dense" is a meme, but in this case it's real. The cultural recursion is almost inhuman. Joyce was either a wizard or a demigod.

>i can make fun of the book even though i didnt get past the first two pages look, here's a word that I don't know!

Attached: 35E3DC88-4025-4CE1-AD33-1D4F0E583745.png (500x498, 73K)

>scandal becomes be one of them smoking and getting high off the other’s farts

i read the wikipedia article on this, is that good enough?

Mary Ellen Bute.
>wouldn’t it be impossible to make into a movie?
No. You can watch the one it already has here. It's not bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2o61zJrrss

Attached: 500.jpg (1500x713, 304K)

I think that's just a sound effect.

Charlie Kaufman would probably figure it out

Finnegan's Wake isn't a book. The guy just word spamed while drunk in front of typewriter for 200 pages and harassed publishers until one of them published it. People pretend to like it because they can pretend they are intellectual in front of normal people who can spot it's nonsense.

>200 pages
I hope for your sake this is bait

According to Marshall McLuhan that and the other really long multi-syllabic interjections are the key to understanding the entire book.
There's a total of 10 one hundred letter words like that which McLuhan calls "thunders." Each one is supposed to denote the end of one historical cycle and the beginning of another with the "commodius vicus of recirculation" mentioned in the opening line being a reference to Giambattista Vico's Scienza Nuova, which is about history being a recurring cycle through 3 different ages.
First thunder is the fall of man / original sin. It's also Finnegan's death as a man who literally fell off his ladder while working, which is taken from the ballad Finnegan's Wake, where the main character in that is given an Irish funeral where everyone gets drunk and celebrates and someone accidentally splashes him with Whiskey which revives him because he was only unconscious and not really dead. But in Joyce's story it's applied as one of the ways he explores the concept of death and resurrection both on the individual level and on the historical level with the Scienza Nuova stuff.

Nah, it's well documented Joyce had to put a ridiculously long and painful 17 years of work into writing it (made particularly bad by his eyesight getting fucked by degenerative disease and some botched surgeries).
He clearly put thought and meaning into it. You're just too much of a brainlet to get anything more out of it than "DURR THOSE NOT REAL WORDS, ME AM UPSET AND CONFUSED!"

I guess

>watching the movie before reading the book

Let him go nuts

Attached: E2D3983E-CC34-4ADF-8CE0-9502BE6C57B4.jpg (1201x880, 114K)

>Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker

Attached: 2227a3cb3d28cbf998503385d39e1fe2.jpg (609x800, 55K)

>not understanding the root words of thunder in various languages
not gonna make it