Wheel of Time

These people are all residents of a tiny remote village that has been genetically isolated for over a thousand years.

Attached: fa334c63cf5e4e68aa9f3c7e03b8b9b6.jpg (800x449, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/entertainment/wheel-time-series-amazon-casts-160212334.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Y-chromosome_DNA_haplogroup
wot-tidbits.tumblr.com/post/101100543492/wot-casting-by-robert-jordan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People are saying this is accurate.

>sub 90IQ people are saying this is accurate
ftfy

so if im getting this right:

egwene? rand (I actually like this one), perrin, wisdom, mat?
I'm only on the second book so far. I was actually looking forward to this series anons.

Rand is so ugly, wow

Fucking dropped

Dude blacks people have to be part of everything lmao
Dude storytelling authenticity doesn’t matter lmao

Another show dropped

diversity is powerful.........

Dude ethnic diversity is the most important thing and that means at least 40% if main roles need to go to black people even thought they’re only 12% of the population while Latinos are 20+% of the population and they don’t need to have any roles

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Americans love niggers, not latinos

>I'm only on the second book so far.
word of warning it drags between book 7 and 10 but 6 is excellent and 11 onward is great

Board Room Diversity strikes again

jews love niggers

oh it's another show where they are laundering money from drugs

Ehwene, Rand, Matt, nynave, Perrin.

No, knock-off drake is perrin

no he was right.

Just think.

Every adaptation you could have ever wanted could have been pretty much perfect before 2010. Instead it was made now, which means literally everything will be a soulless college pamphlet show with no identity or faith to how literally everyone envisioned the source material.

Black Roland. Black Will Parry. Black Triss. Black Perrin. It never ends.

Just don't watch it

Reminder that not one of these is black and Hollywood hates >75% pure niggers. Black people are not represented at all when all the """blacks""" are more white than black. We need to send BLM to Hollywood.

The castings arent too bad. Rand sticks out

Attached: e073f5b.png (1244x1106, 1.3M)

I mean, valid, but its still incredibly disappointing. It would have been great seeing an adaptation come to life. We already know that they won't take the worldbuilding authenticity seriously, which is one of the main draws to WOT for us fantasyfags

>

Attached: 1565719109691.png (785x1000, 254K)

There's no way they cast mat a negro.

>t. brainlet

Perrin is the one with curly hair so. no wonder they made him black

rand is the only decent one imo. mat looks like a drug addict

>Wolfbrother as a nigger
I suppose they'll turn his pack into pitbulls too

I thought egwene was attractive and white desu. I guess I was wrong

He kinda should though. I always pictured Matt as a street rat who was accidentally born in the country. I dont see why they're going to fuck with the genetic disposition of the Two Rivers with anyone but Rand, if they want more darkies make the whole two rivers dark and Rand the only white boy. WoT was all about nationality

>tiny remote village that has been genetically isolated for over a thousand years.
then why do they all look different? are you retarded?

I don't even think Rand fits that well either, he seems too...model-y. Like Rand is a looker but I always imagined more Faramir looking

Yeah well, uh, crackuhs is bad *snaps fingers*

kek

Looks legit

It's four distinct haplogroups, two beimg afro/caucasian admixture.

If they were going to be faithful to the setting everyone should look extremely genetically similar except rand who is adopted. In the original story Rand was like "I look different from everyone in the village because of my red hair!" fast forward to the tv show "Perrin is black" "the village looks like a united colors of Benetton ad".

Attached: 1557234325278.jpg (1300x650, 46K)

>Egwene's sole purpose in story is to be wish-fulfillment for teenage white girls.
>Make her an aborigine.

I definitely won't.
Thank God I know how to read.

>then why do they all look different

Essentially because in 2019 having an all white cast is a hate crime and makes you worse than a Nazi.

Heh

someone is retarded
it aint him

yeah cause genetic diversity in a small village over the course of a thousand years is the most plausible scenario

I don’t understand. Why not make some other characters later, different skin colors. It would be less jarring imo.

*throws chicken bones on sidewalk*

There is a shitload of diversity later in the story, including an entire empire of black people.

They just couldn't stand having a first season with a majority white cast. It was too horrifying, you understand.

This is stupidly accurate.

>There is a shitload of diversity
this, its hard to think of a more diverse fantasy series

Not even a first season. They get to Baerlon early on in the story and that's a mining town full of roughnecks. They literally couldn't wait four episodes.

>They literally couldn't wait four episodes.

Yeah. Couldn't bear the horror of having four episodes of white faces. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Thank god they crowbarred diversity in from the first second even though it makes no fucking sense.

They're outta their goddamn minds. Rand is the only one who isn't supposed to look like a Manetheren purebred

looks good. cant wait for it to release

i wonder who they will cast for thom?

Was the LoTR the last all white cast for a European fantasy adaption?

>i wonder who they will cast for thom?

Forest Whitaker.

No fucking way fuck that shit

I don’t even mind the blackwashing itself, the problem is that the people in charge who insist on this kind of change never create good products. It shows that their priorities are things like identity politics and pandering instead of respecting the source material and putting out a quality product.

Looks like Shannara Chronicles 2.0

>I don’t even mind the blackwashing itself, the problem is that the people in charge who insist on this kind of change never create good products.

Attached: 1515480305865.jpg (1200x800, 189K)

This, I really don't get this. Why does diversity always just mean niggers? What about Hispanics and Asians? I wouldn't have as much of a problem with forced diversity if it was actually forced diversity, but it's not, instead it's forced niggers.

This
For fuck's sake, that's the worst adaptation I ever saw. Every single person involved should be shot.

And you already know if they ever adapt that entire empire of black people, or any non-white characters they'll remain their original race because that'd be whitewashing! Whitewashing is racist! And if you don't like blackwashing you're a racist too!

The worst part is that ToW actually has asians, brown seafaring people, gypsies, etc.
But no, that won't do. All the main characters must be brown. And as a result, all those characters must now be flawless gems, without any character at all. Anything suggesting that they are dumb, uneducated dirtfarmers from a tiny village at the outskirts of society will have to be ereased because that would make the brown heroes look bad, and that would be racist :^)

Thom Merrilin should be the first black guy they meet. And they should all call him uncle

>ToW
What the fuck
Meant TWoT, of course

Based.

Yup, and don't forget all those non-white characters from the book will stay non-white. They won't change any white, changing the race of a character is bad and racist, well only if you change the characters race to a white person, if you change their race to a non-white person then you're the racist for not being happy about it. Fuck white people!

Fuck white people ya'll indeed, my inevitable black gang member

Now that I think about it, Thom is going to be cast as a black man. Who else could capture his eccentric charisma for the masses...

You know whats really scary is that Rafe judkins has already joked about making Perrin gay on twitter. Guess that means they will have to gender bend Faile.

Well, all our hopes rest on the LotR casting now I guess. There never was much hope, just a fools hope.

>only Mat looks even remotely like they describe him in the books
>he'll still need brown contacts to complete the look
>if Rand isn't a manlet (he looks like he is) they might be able to pull it off with auburn hair dye

The rest of this cast is an abomination for "diversity" pandering.

>Rand the only white boy
>Rand
>white
He was a ginger

Rand's actor is 6'3"

with this I expect Elayne with her "rose gold curls" is out the window, expect a black woman with an afro
the Aiels are all going to be black too.
Fuck these show runners I hope their studio gets bombed and every one of them turned into pink mist.
I was excited for this show until today.

“Young Bull” was his wolf name. No need to cast a your wife’s young bull you cuck faggot, go back to Survivor

is he? awesome. They can make it work. It can be hard to tell from a head portrait lined up with other portraits and I couldn't find his height online. So give him some auburn hair, I think he's got blue eyes, so they can make that work.

Nynaeve, Egwene, and Perrin need to be recast. Period.

Guys.

Is this real? Can someone confirm this is a sick made up joke yeah? WoT was my favourite series of books as a kid and don't say they've fucked it up this bad. One of the key themes of "Rand doesn't look like the other villagers" is rendered pointless by including fucking niggers.

Attached: 1563515804300_0.jpg (1152x814, 212K)

>this character is a blacksmith he should be black
I would pay money to listen in on these casting meetings.

>I have won again, Lews Therin

Attached: happy__merchant-profile_image-c2db50a3e7140a92-300x300.png (300x300, 20K)

nah i was thinking ian mcshane

malazan and black company are all very diverse

>Is this real?

Real as a fucking heart attack. Real as a London acid attack. Real as a Paris carjacking.

>yahoo.com/entertainment/wheel-time-series-amazon-casts-160212334.html

Upon seeing this, immediate loss of interest. I refuse to validate such tripe that veers so far from the source material for no reason.

The only one who should stick out is Rand because his father found him at a fucking mountain leagues away from their village. If they arent gonna take the source material serious then why should i watch it. Yes I'm mad.

They're only bringing up the very vague description that the townspeople have "dark/olive skin, dark hair and dark eyes" and conflating that to equal black people. They're conveniently forgetting the other instances in the books where the character's being white is noted or important to specify (Nynaeve says she is the aunt of a blonde white girl at one point and it is important people think she is telling the truth).

>people who never read the books are mad about this cast
Weird that you care.

they're all supposed to be average people with dark hair/eyes/features except for rand the giant ginger

Ian mcshane needs to be Taim. Claudia Black needs to be Basheres wife. Dylan O’Bryan needs to be Mat

That description could easily describe Mediterraneans.

Blacks don't have olive skin, and dark skin is relative. There are brown asians, and dark polynesians.

Yes I did. I own them.

>One of the key themes of "Rand doesn't look like the other villagers" is rendered pointless by including fucking niggers.

Yeah it's completely retarded.

>I'll obsess over how my slightly different hair/eye color marks me as being outside the villages genetic norm
>oh by the way Perrin is a black guy now

Attached: 1559170752954.jpg (401x628, 36K)

Is there anything that doesn’t offend you incels?

Attached: 6295E73B-880A-40BB-8F01-87998A561AEB.jpg (828x1426, 522K)

They better not race change Tuon or Semirhage, I NEED my black dom fetish stuff intact

There is no fucking way those slavers are staying black. They will be tall white Aryan males with piercing blue eyes.

Semirhage will be white. All the Forsaken will be white with blonde hair and blue eyes because nobody can be evil except white people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_culture

I hope not, I think that they will just change the main characters for representation/pandering purposes and leave everything else.

>So with sadness in my heart,
>I feel the best thing i could do,
>Is end it all, and leave forever.
>What's done is done, it feels so bad,
>What once was happy now is sad.
>I'll never love again.
>My world is ending

They ruined my waifu.

Attached: 1565808653591.jpg (1024x1024, 676K)

Also because he's half fucking Aiel? Nothing like the swarthy mountainfolk of the two rivers.

Based Two Rivers villagers must be against racemixing and for incest

Fuck 'em. Can't wait to see it fail.

Egeanin or however her name 8s spelled is described as blue eyed & I think blonde too. They'll probably jump on that

There are many "dark skinned" characters in the books of various shades. Hell, I'm pretty sure some characters are black. Like the way they emphasized Tuon's skin being so dark, my mental image of her changed from pale asian, to brown asian, to thinking that perhaps she's actually black. And then I looked her up on google, and everyone is drawing her black.

Point is, they didn't need to diversify the main cast like this. It was pointless, because the author already made the book diverse in a more realistic way. He even stated in an interview that he feels it's ok for him to blend cultures, because he's an American, and it's a melting pot. Pushing *this* hard for diversity is trying way too hard to be appeasing.

On a side note, Perrin was my favorite character, so I find it interesting that he looks similar to me. He looks to be about the same mix of black and white that I am. But that doesn't mean I want Perrin to be black. I want him to look like a shaggy haired bear of a man. Like a big bara dude. Marcus is too fucking small.

Now, if I were to rate the casting based on character, and not physical description, I think they succeed in at least that much.
Egwene's actress looks like the analretentive overachiever.
Perrin's actor looks a bit slow of thought, but not stupid. Just considering.
Nynaeve's actress looks like nagging cunt.
Mat's actor looks roguish.
Only Rand doesn't look like his character. Oh sure, the hair color is reddish, and his eyes are gray(not as light as they should be), and he's tall and good looking. But his face doesn't have the same spark I expected out of Rand. I don't know. I'll have to see him in action to really gauge.

So in all, I don't like the forced diversity. But I can kind of see the characters in their faces. It appears they tried to cast this better than The Witcher. I still think they should cast Emilia Clarke as Moiraine.

Attached: Long-Hair-Womens-Styles-Emilia-Clarke.jpg (736x1010, 62K)

This made me laugh more than it should.

*Social-status seeking grifters on twitter are saying this is accurate for good goy points

FTFY

Rand stood out for having those Aiel traits, height, blue eyes, red hair.

Attached: as tall as an aielman.jpg (557x349, 104K)

Aviendha is a green eyed redhead.

What I'm saying is she's doomed.

God I wanted a hot green eyed ginger Aviendha so bad.
I'm sad now.

honk honk
let the Lord of Chaos rule

It still works. Rand doesn't look like his *father*. And that was his main concern for the first couple books. He never cared that he looked different than others, because he supposed he got his features from his mother, who he already knew was an outlander. But then when his father talks in his fever dreams, he lets loose information that makes Rand doubt if he really is his father's child.

Not only that, but Rand's appearance is specifically notable for his Aiel features. It's not that he looks different that's a concern. It's that he looks like an Aiel. You'll have the right to complain when they cast a bunch of blacks and browns for Ailemen.

I was excited for this series. The casting of Rosamund Pike as Moiraine was damn near perfect. I should known it was all down hill from there. They probably used most of the casting budget on her.

The rest of the casting is pure garbage.

Probably the most SJW'ed trash casting I have seen to date.

Get used to this, incels.

"Diversity is our strength" wasn't just a meme. They took it seriously, and it is now bearing fruit.

Yes.

Please think it through. Look at the OP image. There's literally four different genetically distinct haplogroups represented there. Two Rivers, judging by this sample, is more multicultural than 2019 New York city. Were talking about a place so isolated a more than one stranger a year visiting is considered unusual.

Rand can't feel that he looks "different than the others" because of his mother's features when Pippen, Engwene and Nynaeve look like that. If there's already that much diversity in the village he would never think that, it wouldn't make any sense.

>The casting of Rosamund Pike as Moiraine was damn near perfect
No it's not. Look, Rosamund is a good looking woman for 40. But Aes Sedai are supposed to be ageless. Pike is already turning gaunt and aged, and it's only going to get worse assuming the series continues.
Not only that, but Moirain is notably shorter than other woman. Pike is 5'9''. In fact, during the prequel, it's a subtle joke that everyone is described as "tall" in Moiraine's PoV chapters.
Not only that, But Moirain's hair is brown and naturally curly. Pike's hair is light and... I can't really tell if the curly look is styled or not. But I'm thinking she's naturally straight haired, and sometimes curls them for the look.
Not only that, but Moiraine's eyes are brown as well. Pike's eyes are blue.

In all, Rosamund Pike is the exact opposite of what Moiraine should be. The only way she could be more opposite, is if her skin was dark. But that's really all you guys care about. The race.

Don't worry. The series will not make it that far.

Attached: Googley Moogley.jpg (481x363, 17K)

After today I hope you are right. And I was looking forward to it before today.

This just makes me sad.

3/5ths of them are black
hmmm

At this rate they'll probably make the Red Ajah all male because #resist and #imwithher.

Have they made my boy perrin a nigger say it ain't so. Holy shit wolf brother what the fuck

Why does Perrin look so small?

>haplogroups
Oh god. What is this? I never heard of haplogroup before, and now I'm reading it twice in the same thread. Is this the new buzzword for the racially obsessed?

>Two Rivers, judging by this sample, is more multicultural than 2019 New York city.
Oh stop this. You know 5 people don't make a good sample size. That's ridiculous.
Also, it doesn't make much sense. I live in a fairly low density suburban neighborhood, and we have whites, blacks, mexicans, indians, jews, and asians. So to say that New York is less diverse than the casting, I find highly doubtful. My one small town has more diversity than the cast.

Look, I get what you're saying about isolation. Isolation leads to homogeneity. But I'm only arguing that homogeneity is not required in order for Rand's anxiety regarding his identity to be a plot point. He never *cared* about looking different, until his father let slip that he was found, not conceived. Coupled with the fact that he asked Nynaeve about it, and she says Rand was carried to the village as a baby. She remembers when his mom and dad returned with him. This is another seed of doubt, because it confirms to him that he was never *born* in The Two Rivers. Add to that pile that he doesn't look like his father, and that's more than enough to work as a plot point.

Meanwhile, Perrin's circumstance is different, because he probably looks like his father, and there's no doubt that was born in the two rivers. The wisdom of his village could probably tell of the time he was born.

Also, I have some experience with this. As my sister didn't know our father wasn't her actual father before she was 18. When my parents told her, she took it really hard. It doesn't matter that everyone else she knew looked different. The fact that SHE was different than what she was lead to believe for 18 years of her life, really devastated her.

Second person from left and guy on right are relentlessly handsome. I want to kiss them relentlessly.

there isn't a single black person between them

I was actually looking forward to this. I guess I'll just stick with books and anime. Once western media companies get into something it's irrevocably cucked.

Attached: 111.png (961x640, 419K)

>I never heard of haplogroup before

I got you pal, you can even find yourself on there.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Y-chromosome_DNA_haplogroup

Attached: World_Map_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroups.png (3000x1900, 1.46M)

I though Egewne was supposed to be attractive. This bitch looks like a fucking ghoul.

I'm not sure how that Nynave manage to get enough directors and producers onto the casting couch to get a role in anything, given how much my eyes burn when I look at her.

Perrin is just no.

R1b master race reporting in. We built the modern world, civilization and are responsible for 97 percent of significant scientific discoveries.

I'm sure you guys did some cool stuff too.

>I am uneducated about a certain subject, so it must just be a buzzword

if only there were a word to refer to people who are part-black and part-white. unfortunately, such a word does not exist and never has

Thank God.

Great... now I'm equipped to join the perpetual identity wars.
Unga, me haplogroup A. Bunga, me want more representation.

Just fucking stop. The book series had more than enough room for diversity for your precious token niggers, without needing to be an inaccurate adaptation. There's no defense for this. It's pandering and every showrunner should be hit by a fucking truck and backed over to make sure they're dead.

Buzzwords become buzzwords due to trends of use. The fact that they existed before becoming a buzzword means nothing.

I just find it interesting how the talk about race never delved this deep, to the point we're talking about groups of DNA in such a way. But by current trends, society is so obsessed over race, that people now feel the need to discuss haplogroups, in order to reason out why they don't want their favorite characters being black. It's insane to me.

The Aiel are a race of Irish Chads, though. None of them are ever really described as unattractive.

>rand is the only decent one imo. mat looks like a drug addict
I'm fine with this. He basically is for the first three books, and I'm not going to bet on this show lasting that long.

You weren't.

But it's all in separate countries hundreds of miles apart. There's next to zero diversity within nations. Andormen are consistantly described as fair-skined with gold-red or blonde hair, Duopotamians are pale-skined with black hair and dark eyes, Domani are coppery-skined (with attendant black eyes/brown hair) and are sluts, Borderlanders are Japanese, the Tanchico are less slutty Domani, the Ebou Dari are... hispanic.

Tear is really the only place that has any variation at all, with a few of the High Ladies being blonde, but Julian being 'dark as carved wood'.

But I also think it's pandering. Only not for the reasons you claim. You try to bolster your argument by saying is screws up the plot, when it doesn't. You're just wrong about that. And trying to sustain a bad point will make people less receptive to your argument.

>I win again, Lews Therin.

Attached: janny.png (644x644, 18K)

>Look, I get what you're saying about isolation. Isolation leads to homogeneity

Okay then, so you understand how a tiny village that has been isolated for a thousand years and never receives visitors could not contain enough genetic variation after that amount of time to have the actors portraying Pippen, Matt, Nynaeve and Engwene all be part of the population.

If they wanted the average person in the village to look like Pippen, no problem. If they wanted them to look like Matt, sure. Not both though. It doesn't work that way. Not without above Nazi level social taboo against racemixing that never cracked over a thousand years.

>I just find it interesting how the talk about race never delved this deep
Except it has. Discussion of haplogroups is nothing new, especially not here. Maybe they don't talk about it on whatever subreddit your from, but it's arrogant to assume something is a buzzword because you've never heard it before.

Maybe the last good one, but not the last one

You are so far fucking gone in defending a positive feeling you have about this casting choice. You can't even see that Robert Jordan is already on your side and that there's already an implicit multicultural narrative embedded in the narrative that is undermined, not supported, by having to make a cast fit a certain profile for political expedience. The two Two Rivers kids grow up into a grander world with a more nuanced understanding--a narrative that is implicit in the worldview you're defending. Stop and think about this for one fucking second. You don't even understand the common sense consilience with standard scientific genetic understanding. You don't even know what a fucking haplogroup is. You're missing half the fucking argument, and refuse to even engage with it because seeing black and white faces together makes you comfy. Stop running in circles and engage with what's actually here, and stop undermining your own argument out of ignorance of both common sense and narrative interpretation.

You are the reason we get shit fucking productions like this.

>talk about race never delved this deep

We've been talking about haplogroups on this board for over a decade.

could game of thrones be made today? obviously they fit some blacks from the east/far east, but could the westeros proper cast being 99.9% even be attempted?

>You try to bolster your argument by saying is screws up the plot, when it doesn't.
Please explain how diversity in the Two Rivers makes any fucking sense at all. Mind that it's actually a plot point that the blood of old Manetheren is concentrated there because of it's isolation.

>Pippen
Who?

Honestly, I'm shocked that Game of Thrones got made accurately at all.

Now, I will say that casting some like The Rock as Tam Al'Adopted would be fine. Rand stays the same, but it's totally obvious that Tam isn't his father.

It's simple. We want an accurate adaptation of the books. We have descriptions of the characters in the books. We have mental images of those characters based on the descriptions already. We want the adaptation to visually portray that as close as possible.

When they did Game of Thrones they were pretty good about that at least with most of the main characters, making sure to emphasize Catelyn and Sansa being ginger, while Arya and John Snow had dark hair, and Cersei and her children having Golden hair.
They didn't say "well Jon Snow is gonna be black, and Sansa is gonna be played by an Indian"

There is no way they let the Starks be that white anymore. Logic be damnned. "It's just a show"

That's three times in a row you called Perrin "Pippen", user. I'm tempted to dismiss you as a fake fan, just looking for a reason to cry about SJWs.

>Not without above Nazi level social taboo against racemixing that never cracked over a thousand years.
In the world of the wheel of time, no one appears to have any qualms about race mixing. At least, no one said anything against it. The only time they say anything racist, is in regards to enemies they fought. So it's more about the feuds between enemies, than feuds between races.

But I never argued against the idea that The Two Rivers should be homogenous. I argued against the idea that Rand's story regarding his identity no longer works. Homogeneity isn't required to make his story work.

>In the world of the wheel of time, no one appears to have any qualms about race mixing
And yet every country except Seanchan and Tear is racially homogeneous.

I'd give you my history, but you'd just dismiss it as newfag lies. So instead of that, search the archive. There are only 303 results for "haplogroup". That means 0.66% of all mentions of the word "Haplogroup" exists in this thread.

Not ideal but not by itself a deal-breaker for me since it doesn't screw with the plot too much and could, in theory, be justified if the people in charge of casting just picked the best actors who auditioned regardless of race. It would take something really stupid like making random characters gay or trans, or giving Min some dumb made-up gender, to get me to not even give the show a chance.

My tablet autocorrects it! Im at work.

Literally everything you said about me is false. You made one giant ad hominem, and got nothing correct.
The REASON, we get shit like this, is because you guys keep making poor arguments. So it makes people unwilling to side with you. Insisting that rand's story doesn't work now that blacks and browns exist in the two rivers, is a weak argument. And people aren't going to swallow it. Think of something better.

like half the aes sedai munch carpet or are bi anyway but yea i mostly agree

>could, in theory, be justified if the people in charge of casting just picked the best actors who auditioned regardless of race

Attached: dad12fd6.gif_c200.gif (200x200, 816K)

You mean the pillowfriends weren't just there to keep each other warm?

Damn you white incels are such triggered crybabies

I meant the plot point regarding Rand's identity.
But as for Manetheren. It was a realm centered around other nations, and expanded its borders, and traded heavily. It was not isolated during it's heights. The Two Rivers is unique, in that the blood of Manetheren remained concentrated, while others integrated. So it's not impossible for The Two Rivers to have diverse DNA. Only that such a thing is very uncommon. Who is to say that the blood of Manetheren means only one kind of blood? Perrin's blood goes as far back as before the age of legend. When man and wolf coexisted. Rand's blood can be traced as far back as Lews Therin. And Mat's blood is all over the place. Various generals from various ages.

But does that mean I want a black Perrin? Personally: no. I'm only arguing that making Perrin black doesn't mean Rand can't have an identity crisis. That's literally all I'm saying. Yet, you guys keep trying to get me to argue all these other things.

>Rand's blood can be traced as far back as Lews Therin.
Lews Therin Kinslayer killed his whole family, bro, there's no way for Rand to have his blood

Because Americans have guilt over slavery. At least you have an excuse. The UK pushes niggers even though Asians outnumber them and blacks have never been part of culture.

Rand isn't ltts kid, he is literally him

a ninaccuracy, rand has lews therins soul, not his blood

I don't disagree with this sentiment. Only that when you guys make statement like "Rand can't feel that he looks "different than the others" because of his mother's features when Pippen, Engwene and Nynaeve look like that", you hurt your argument.

And besides, they did fuck up casting in game of thrones. Did you forget that Catelyn's anger at Jon is worsened by the fact that her own son looks less like Ned than Jon does? Why didn't they color Robb's hair red?
Why did they hire Emilia Clarke, who is like 1/8th indian with dark features, and then let her opt out of contacts for color correction?
Why was Jorah a thin blonde man. And not a bulky balding brown bear? I could go on. But you get the point.

They're the same person. That's the entire crux of Rand's story. He isn't turning into lews therin, he doesn't have half is soul, he was lews and lews was him the entire time.

Your GoT casting criticisms are valid. Every character you named ended up being the correct race however. That's what these WoT complaints are about; race.

That's just a convention of the genre. Authors go out of their way to make each culture distinct. But even so, there are times when characters think Rand has the look of an Aielman, but then when he says he's from The Two Rivers, they just accept it and move on. No one has any objection with Rand fucking Elayne or Min.
Race is never an issue when Domon and Egeanin marry, save for the fact that she's Seanchan. But it's not a race thing, it's an enemy thing. Same with Mat and Tuon. Everyone has a good laugh at playing maiden's kiss with the Maidens of the Spear. When Faile is held captive, there's a lot of mentions of Aielmen trying to fuck everything they can.

Is Billy Zane going to be in it again?

I agree with Emilia Clarke being miscast, her complexion did not match the hair and goes to show you can't just makeup and hair dye your way to fitting a character description.
Robb's hair was dark auburn, it was not as red as it should be, but there was a reddish tint to it. It's Bran and Rickon where they fucked up the most in the Starks.

Lmao I knew that would happen, and there are still anons here with hope for LOTR

dropped this series when they kept pushing the whole rand and 3 other ladies 4 some love interest arc. does the shitty romance ever stop?

Alright, my mistake about Rand. But you get the gist of what mean, right?

i didn't say he had half his soul. they're the same person in that they have the same soul. he is lews therin reincarnated. he is not genetically related to lews therin and his rand personality is distinct. lews therin died, his soul was woven back into the pattern and then rand was born with that soul.

and I'll add that that guy you're talking about the identity crisis with, he's just explaining why the ethnicities matter in a fictional story from characterization point of view and world building. If you have a very diverse small village where people don't have any kind of common ethnicity where you are CLEARLY the outlander among them, it's harder to have that identity crisis.

Every character wasn't the correct race. The Starks are racially distinct from the fom Tullys. And the Targaryens are racially distinct from the Mormonts.

Sure. You've obviously never read wot but yeah, almost. However it's been well over a thousand years since manetheren fell, and it doesn't take a hundred generations for a village of under a thousand people to basically look the same. They don't really need to be white, they could all be black, or Asian as far as I care. But they're basically the Shire, one person every twenty years goes as far as taren ferry (the next town over). Rand's father is notable for being literally the only person to have a wife from somewhere else. Your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandpa has no bearing on what you'll look like.

All those characters were white, so they were in fact, the "correct" race user.

I’m just so MAD all the TIME

Gingers are white you dumb fuck. Theyre the whitest race on earth.

I know this may shock you, but all three of those families, despite having their own characteristics, fall under the umbrella of being "White".

>You've obviously never read wot but yeah
I literally just finished reading it last month, and I'm already re-reading it. I'm currently starting 4 again. Everyone is still in the stone, and the bubble of evil just made Perrin's axe try to kill him, Mat's cards come to life, and Rand get attacked by his own reflections. I literally stopped listening to the audiobook to read this thread.

>However it's been well over a thousand years since manetheren fell, and it doesn't take a hundred generations for a village of under a thousand people to basically look the same.
True, however you don't necessarily become homogenous within that time either. It depends on who is in contact with who. If you have a diverse realm to begin with(like how I supposed Manetheren could have been), then as the realm slowly dissolves over time, you could have various villages with similar traits residing in the same realm. And those villages could slowly congregate over hundreds of years into a much smaller area.

>They don't really need to be white, they could all be black, or Asian as far as I care. But they're basically the Shire
Not necessarily. The Two Rivers was part of Andor in recent history. Even if many forgot. And I suspect the older members of the area didn't forget, they just ignore that fact. That's not to say Andor supplied the place with a bunch of diverse genes. But what I am suggesting, is that the isolation of the two rivers doesn't go as far back as you think. Yes, their history is long back. But their shrinking into obscurity happened steadily over that span of time.

>one person every twenty years goes as far as taren ferry
I don't remember this fact. And I'm not sure how to check it.

Think about what you're saying. If their whiteness is the only factor, then how could Rand feel insecure about his light colored eyes?

at least with malazan you wouldnt need to force diversity

Attached: dd1lquf-d1240e84-fe46-4217-a5a4-3b6d47cde900.jpg (1471x3499, 567K)

varying european ethnicities with a few traits more common among some ethnicities than others, is a far cry from casting fucking niggers in place of someone with european features you stupid twat.

they'll do it anyway. WoT has diversity in its world too, just not in the very first village they start in and not among the initial group that sets out from that village. They're forcing it into a non diverse village.

Lews Therin is gonna be black so Rand has soul

>These people are all residents of a tiny remote village

Are you sure they don't play the trollocs?

He couldn't, and wouldn't, in your multicultural paradise Two Rivers. He would have no reason to. When no one is 'normal' no one is 'strange' either.

Just don't look too closely at the rape statistics by race the Wisdom puts in the ledger.

What difference does it make to the story though? ok, so Robb Stark of the show is like 20% different than Robb Stark in the book. Not a big deal, right? So Perrin is like 80% different than Perrin in the Book. How does this affect the story? You can still tell the same story, only slightly modified. Just like how Game of Thrones was only slightly modified.

ive never read wot, but malazan has a ton of different ethnicities/races from the start so you wouldnt need to do this

It doesn't tell the same story you nigger loving shitpile.
We keep bringing up that the story has descriptions of characters and the casting does not fit, and it also makes it seem less likely that Rand would have an identity crisis about not coming from the one place he's ever known, and his father is not his real father, and he's an outsider, when oh well, I look different, so what, everyone looks different, we have niggers and indians and spics all over this village so how am I any different than anyone else?

What a silly notion. People today live in multicultural areas, and still get super insecure about being adopted. Again, Rand never cared about his looks, until his father let slip that he was found, not conceived. Similarly, people living in multicultural areas might not care about their appearance, until they learn they were adopted. And then they have an identity crisis.

Coupled with the fact that Rand's appearance is specifically about one kind of race. It's not only that he's different. But that he looks Aiel. There wasn't a black man war. So black Perrin wouldn't feel insecure about that. But there was an Aiel war.

twitter celebrates this as fucking usual. twot Facebook groups have split both into two groups. people are literally arguing whether any two rivers people were ever white at all.

RJ posted his cast a long time ago showing all white people. all the covers which RJ said were correct depict white people. aiel are based off celts. everyone who isn't white has to be described specifically so (which is a lot of people)

Attached: FB_IMG_1565145373145.jpg (600x990, 41K)

they still will anyway. These SJW show creators just want to fuck things up just to put token niggers in the lead.

>defeats the DO with a saxophone solo

It’s not like they had the books or the author’s own casting choices to reference or anything.

Attached: 8DA28BAA-35C2-46CE-930B-DD852F946038.png (679x409, 250K)

>you nigger loving shitpile
ok, so it all comes down to "i'm rayshist!"
Why am I even bothering with you. You're not even trying to see reason.

>We keep bringing up that the story has descriptions of characters and the casting does not fit
I told you here explicitly, that I don't disagree with that sentiment. So reiterating that point is nothing but hot air. You're not saying anything important. I'm not trying to shove more black people into the show.

> and it also makes it seem less likely that Rand would have an identity crisis about not coming from the one place he's ever known
"less likely" is not impossible. As I've described multiple times already, the pieces are in place for him to have an identity crisis regardless of the race of other characters. His identity crisis is not contingent on them being homogenous. See this post >I look different, so what, everyone looks different, we have niggers and indians and spics all over this village so how am I any different than anyone else?
What a DUMB fucking question, because I've detailed the differences multiple times in this thread already. Are you even reading?

Wow, I really wasn't expecting that Nynaeve. She has some nice lips. Who is she?

Look, not a single person the entire thread has argued with you about Rand not being insecure about his appearance until after he started questioning his parentage. No one. Not once. Despite you bringing it up over, and over, and over, and over again.

The discussion is about how the genetic admixture and demographics of Two Rivers does not make sense given the preconditions set by the narrative and source material. No one is arguing with you about the other thing. Stop. Just stop.

I don't read nigger apologist tripe. You should go suck start a pistol.

Really, if they weren't trying to force this shit everywhere and ruin adaptations left and right, I wouldn't care, I wouldn't even call them niggers. But they do, so fuck niggers. This shit does not "defeat racism" it reinforces it.

You can smell the agenda a mile away when producers and casting directors pull this race swapping bullshit, like it's somehow oppressive to have an all white/non-black main cast even if the source material calls for it.
It's pretty much guaranteed that the same shit is going to happen to Amazon's LOTR.

Seanchan isn't all black, datsang. Selucia has blonde hair blue eyes for example.

>Look, not a single person the entire thread has argued with you about Rand not being insecure about his appearance until after he started questioning his parentage.
This is a literal elementary school argument. How old are you? I've learned the fallacy of this argument was I was like 6-9 years old. Somewhere around there. During class, we were put into teams, and had to think of more answers than the other teams to win. One of the prompts was "things you find in space". Everyone came up with their own answers. I came up with "space shuttle". I shit you not, our team leader was some know it all cunt like Egwene, and told me it's not right. I insisted, and it was put to a vote. My whole team voted against me, and it got vetoed. I was fuming.
So come time to tally up every team's answers, many of them thought of a space shuttle. And the teacher accepted it, and we fucking lost.

The point is, you are factually incorrect. It makes no difference how many people do or don't come to my aid. You are objectively wrong.

>No one is arguing with you about the other thing.
If no one argued it, then why did I reply to the argument?

the real problem is, the main cast wasn't even going to be all white, not for long. They were going to have an Ogier in the main cast of the first book and eventually Mat's wife is black, Perrin's wife is Asian.. and they're main characters. Many supporting characters are Asian, Arab, and a few are black.

The Chad Haplogroup from Chad

This
Why? Imagine the extent of demoralization to accept the absolute worst of the worst as equals. It's called 'chutzpah' and they literally get off rubbing it in our faces whilst rubbing their hands conceiving dastardly plans
>a soulless college pamphlet
Great way to put it
>lol it's fantasy so it doesn't matter, all that does is using this as a tool to push our multiculti globohomo propaganda
Nope, it shows the priority is nothing more than to push propaganda. Do you think any of these (((people))) give a shit about the source material and creating it on screen? FUCK NO! All that matters is the name/brand, in this case WoT, but the exact same for any and everything else. It's nothing more than a vehicle to push propaganda
>pic related
Co-Founder of Netflix just so happened to be the nephew of Bernays who he just so happened to be the nephew of Freud
>It's a big club and you ain't in it

Attached: Bernays Propaganda.jpg (498x420, 79K)

Wheel of Time is a hella problematic series. They should not make it into any sort of show.

Rand was a "half breed" cuz his dad had red hair. It was kind of integral to the story that he look different from everyone else, so I guess on the show "everyone else" is going to be black.

You stupid fucking retard. First of all, we all know that the majority of this forced diversity crap comes from weepy white women, and jews.
Secondly, I'm not apologizing for the black character. I'm actually trying to help strengthen your argument, by making you forget this retarded idea that Perrin being black ruins Rand's character. You can't win that argument, because it's false. You have to attack it from a different angle.
Thirdly, you have stop lumping everyone in the same group. A shit ton of black people hate the forced diversity crap too. Lumping everyone together into a group for you to hate, rids yourself of allies in your cause.

You're choosing the most inefficient, most wasteful path possible.

he could have been referring to Shara but you are right that Seanchan was a diverse empire. There were descriptions of all skin shades, eye colors and hair colors among them. That is because they unified an entire continent's worth of people under the force of Luther Hawking, which were white, but Luther Hawking and his descendants intermarried among the people from that continent.

Which character is the chick that rapes that one dude? I think it was Mat, he got raped.

so go ahead and point out to me the white people living on North Sentinel island, you know, because geographic and genetic isolation don't necessarily mean you can't have racial diversity among a small group of people right?

Tylin, I hope they portray this progressive femdom relationship with 100% accuracy

god I wish I was Mat

I'm now convinced that you're literally retarded. Room temperature IQ.
If you were trolling, congrats. You got me.
If you weren't trolling, I'm sorry.

Sir you are obviously mentally ill, it has become increasingly obvious over the course of the thread.

I dont judge you I'm certainly not normal myself, having said that, no one is arguing against the point you are arguing, and you yourself are not even in disagreement with what people actually are arguing about the implausability of TR's racial demographics given the background information we have from the source material. In fact you have openly said multiple times you AGREE it doesn't make sense.

No one is arguing against what you are arguing. You dont disagree with what the other side is arguing. This means you can stop. It means you dont have anything to post about anymore. It means you can stop. Its okay.

Attached: 800px-Nils_Asplund_-_Heimdal.jpg (800x477, 159K)

They would make Anomander Rake a mulatto midget or some shit.

>No one is arguing against what you are arguing
Yes they were. Multiple posts argued that Rand can't be insecure about his identity now that The two Rivers is diverse.
This form of gaslighting is another elementary school trick. You come across as very immature.

>Why does diversity always just mean niggers?
It doesn't, nothing more than a tool of (((them))) to push division and propaganda. Forget all the the black and women stars of 80s-90s, memory hole that shit to push "omg wow what a triumph, this is totally the first black and/or woman hollywood stars now" (not to mention musicians, etc)
see You practically never see cries for Hispanic or Asian representation. Why? Again, demoralization and of course, you can't point to how Asian groups are top earners in America (far greater than average whites btw) because that destroys the "muh evil racist white America keeping all minorities down".
Nope, because (((they))) push White guilt upon us & control Hollywood & media therefore "our culture". "White Man's Burden" was always there due to our ability of empathy but not close to this, never close to this to put complete foreign outsiders before and above our own, (((they))) weaponized it against us

No, Hollywood does and Hollywood is jews and brainwashed leftist whites.

>Luther
C'mon man

you're the one trying to argue how people isolated for thousands of years in a small community are going to have a bunch of different ethnicities.
Their only contact with the outside world was a few people from neighboring villages occasionally and an annual visit from a peddler who buys tabac, brandy and wool and sells them goods they can't make themselves.
Annual visit. One outside person a year, and they don't stay and make families.

I wish I knew too she’s pretty. A lot of his casting choices are.

Luthair, are you really going to jump on me for mispelling something I haven't read recently when the show runners can't even get people even CLOSE to how they were described?

I thought it was Artur

Artur had the empire in Randland, he sent his son Luthair to spread the empire to the western continent. Artur died and there was a succession war and his empire was broken up. Luthair's empire persisted for 1000 years and then they came back expecting that Artur's empire was intact too, and when they found it wasn't it went from uniting the two empires to conquest.

I don't know why I didn't just look up the source. It's right there in the image. Well here's the link: wot-tidbits.tumblr.com/post/101100543492/wot-casting-by-robert-jordan
Nynaeve is a young Jacqueline Bisset. Now that I see other pictures of her, she's closer to what I had in mind. Still not close enough. But better than the babyface with the pouty mouth.

Attached: 190299cb71542cc90d8989be12b57fe9.jpg (1278x1920, 239K)

Makes sense. Based on his writing I guess he imagined all of the Aes Sedai as 10/10s. But for whatever reason I had a mental picture of Nynaeve as looking older than she was actually described, I think just how she bossed everyone around.

Connor Dwelly is pretty much how I imagine Egwene

Someone tell me how she wouldn't be the superior choice

Attached: MV5BYTczMWEzMjYtYjljMC00MDNkLWI4YjktZTAzZGJmN2RkNjdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA0NDIyMA@@._V1_UY317_CR5,0,214 (214x317, 9K)

How is Dylan O'Brien not Mat Cauthon?

Attached: 452685140.jpg (2586x3000, 1.24M)

I would rather put KJ Apa in stilted shoes to play a proper Rand Al'Thor

Attached: KJ-Apa-sets-Riverdale-Vancouver-April-2016.jpg (467x700, 38K)

He's not black for one

I imagined her young and pretty. Because it kept being emphasized how young she was for a wisdom. And that would be the case. She's only 7 years older than Egwene. Egwene is 2 years younger than Rand.
And I'm pretty sure Rand starts the series at 18. So that makes Nynaeve 24 at the start.

Aes Sedai are definitely not 10s though. They've been described as a lot of things, from thin to fat, to beautiful to butch. Verin is described as "square faced" with the look of an aunt. Before Siuan gets stilled, she's described as having a strong face. I interpret the ageless face to be something that's artificially smoothed over. Like bad CGI de-aging. There's a slight uncanniness too it.

As much as I don't want to typecast this poor alpaca, he would be the perfect Perrin (Taylor Lautner

Attached: cuckoo.PNG.png (620x427, 626K)

Thom needs to be Sam Elliot minus ten years. So Josh Brolin?

I want Mark Dacascos for Lan.

looks like he'd need to bulk up (Perrin is supposed to be pretty jacked from working the forge) but otherwise yeah.

Yeah alright. Not exactly what I had in mind. But it works.

Not bad. But what does his best smile look like? I'm scrolling google, and can't find more than a smirk. Does this dude know how to smile?

Not bad in some angles, but he has gay face, which ruins the look. I never seen his work, and don't know anything about him. So I'm not calling him gay. Just saying that he has that look about him.

Game of Thrones sure didnt have a lot of niggers in westeros

Attached: 5c1567db85721a8ab1bd31763a84ea69207534abe4f70b6ab3bcb7034153e014.jpg (605x605, 178K)

Zooey Dutch would make a fine Nynaeve

Attached: Zoey Deutch7.jpg (783x1245, 454K)

Yeah, it always seemed unnatural. Not like looking 22 forever, just... Yeah, like cgi.

If you give Teen Wolf a shot he is fantastic &

Can pull a great shiteatin/aim to misbehave grin

So what's your point?

Sam Elliot could still do it & is my first choice

Taylor Lautner is like 5'6

It's a comparatively similar source material yet it wasn't fucked by random & unwanted forced heterogeneity

>This is the imaginary, better version of a Wheel of Time.

Attached: 1540237323401.jpg (1024x693, 111K)

You can have niggers in your show but if a show about aboriginals had every rung of society in them you wouldn't say they were aborigines would you?

Looks & general weight count way more to me than physical height, Tom Cruise is a goddamn borderline midget but you'd never know from his movies

I'm so tired of the Olive Skin = Black Hollywood meme. They did this shit in the Hunger Games too.

And what does that have to do with my post? Are you aware which post you replied to? Or did you just click a random post to bring up the reply box? This has nothing to do with what I said. You're just using me as someone to vent your frustration on.

Based, acting ability>>>race
Stay triggered cucks

I'm getting good Matrim vibes off him. I just imagined Mat's best smile being bigger. Not just a wry smirk.

There are many tribes isolated from the outside world that are very diverse, don't be so racist.

>Comparing real history to a present day fantasy setting.

My point is that GoT is a, comparatively similar source material yet it wasn't fucked by random & unwanted forced heterogeneity. So why are they doing it here?

Real history is "real canon", the history of fiction is it's own canon, same idea.

I still don't see what this has to do with what *I* said. Are you addressing one of my arguments? Or are you just using me to talk at? Because it sounds like you're just using me as an ear to blab to.

YFW you are trying to sneak damane out from under the Seanchan seat of power & you get caught by the Daughter of the Nine Moons

Attached: large.png (500x700, 340K)

Altering the canon of a fantasy world isn't a big deal. You make it sound like a bigger deal than it is, when you compare it to real history. That's disingenuous.

Some user
>Westros does not have PoCs & neither did the show

You
>Why should that matter?

Me
>My point is that GoT is a, comparatively similar source material yet it wasn't fucked by random & unwanted forced heterogeneity. So why are they doing it here?

There's literally an entire chapter of the first book devoted to Moiraine retelling the story of the fall of Manetheren and how Emond's Field got its name. The entire reason she went to Two Rivers in the first place is because a prophecy stated the Dragon Reborn is "not of the blood, but raised by the old blood". That makes zero fucking sense if nobody in town looks like they're cousins.

ITT people who didn't read the book.

The only time Jordan mentioned anything with the two rivers folks was when Rand was being checked out and it mentioned under his clothes he was a lighter skin tone than others from two-rivers and that Egwene had tan skin.

So yes the two-rivers folks were not pale ass white people. Matter of fact Andor is the white nation in the book.

Cairhienin = Olive/Tan darker skin
Tairens = Dark Skin
Domani = Copper skin tone
Seanchan = Light to Dark skin
Seafolk = Dark skin
Andor = White

it's someone else's work that you are adapting and you are shitting all over it.
Respect source material, or make up your own original shit.

Me: >Insisting that rand's story doesn't work now that blacks and browns exist in the two rivers, is a weak argument.

Some user: >Game of Thrones sure didnt have a lot of niggers in westeros

Me:
>Why should that matter?

You:
>*Unrelated chatter*

You see? I was arguing SPECIFICALLY, that having a diverse cast, doesn't ruin Rand's SPECIFIC plot point regarding his identity. And then you guys start talking very broadly about diversity, without addressing the specific issue. Just going "unga diversity bad, bunga, GoT good"

To add

>Elaida had put down her knitting, Rand realized, and was studying him. She rose from her stool and slowly came down from the dais to stand before him. “From the Two Rivers?” she said. She reached a hand towards his head; he pulled away form her touch , and she let her hand drop. “With that red in his har, and gray eyes? Two Rivers people are dark of hair and eye, and they seldom have such height.” Her hand darted out to push back his coat sleeve, exposing lighter skin the sun had not reach so often. “Or such skin.

Stop bering fucking faggots complaining about a book series yall clearly didn't read.

Two Rivers folk are white enough to be Andoran, Rand is just Irish white verses German white.
Cairhienin are Polack/Slavic whites, and described as pale

Moiraine also stresses how what you think you know about the prophecies, isn't what really is. And how much it's up to interpretation. There's also a lengthy conversation where she says she has the prophecies in multiple translations, and has been studying them for 20 years, and still can't make heads or tales of them.
"The blood" could mean anything. What is Manetheren blood exactly? During the kingdom's peak, it reached relatively far, and had a lot of trade. The blood of Manetheren could account for many different people. And Rand is of none.

>accuses people of not reading the book
>gets most of it fucking wrong.
1. the Two Rivers are part of Andor
2. Suntanned =/= black
3. Cairhienen were always described as being PASTY pale, they're based on the French and shave and powder their foreheads.
4. Tairens were like a mix of Castilian Spain (fair skin, blue eyes, dark hair, pointed beards, ruffled collars) particularly among the nobles, and like south east asian commoners that wore wooden sandals and round straw hats like you might connect with the Vietnamese, they were also described as having darker skin so jungle asians.
5. Seanchan was a unified continent so there were people of all skin tones and traits there.

The only things you got right are the coppery toned Domani, the Dark Seafolk (which I think may have been darker skinned southern Indians or Sri Lankans?), and Andor which was pretty much modeled after England culturally, with a ruling Queen.

>KJ Apa as Rand
Since when is Rand Maori?

I bet you didn't cry to Disney when they put in a singing crab.
Look, I get what you are saying, but fiction is flexible. You don't have to like it. I'm not telling you to accept it. Only that it doesn't *need* respect. Because it's fictional.

No they're not. Nothing states this. If anything Mat should be darker skin with his blood line.
Two Rivers have old blood. Cairhien were olive skin based on French/Japanese to a degree.

Everything I said was correct and in the books. You're going into their culture. Seanchan were all races hence Light to Dark.

Everyone in the entire region has the same or similar eye & skin color, except for Rand. He constantly feels like he doesnt quite belong even before the adoption, to dismiss that would be an affront to the character. Explain to me WHY the showrunners need to make the Two Rivers, a heterogeneity?

An entire PLOT POINT is about change & diversity coming to the Two Rivers. Why would they subvert that? Why go against the AUTHOR'S vision?

& just because you cant understand words longer than four letters doesnt make it chatter. It just makes you look retarded

Look what i found guys

Attached: _20190815_091905.jpg (3650x1279, 762K)

Attached: _20190815_091943.jpg (4166x1107, 825K)

Tairens were specifically mentioned as dark-skinned to pale and blue eyed. So that isn't entirely wrong. They have both.

Tuon is also dark skinned. In the books Jordan never focused on skin color being anything the prejudice in the books was where you were from and not the color of your skin.

What drivel are you spouting? The Wo Rivers are PART of Andor & the character get called Andoran all the time. If they didnt look like the other white people then they would be confused with Tarabiners or some such. Don't be a faggot

no dude, the Cairhienen are always described as super pale. From Moiraine on down to Mat's officers in the Band of the Red Hand

Not once did Jordan say they were white. You're actually being retarded. Two-Rivers people were ignored and didn't have shit to do with the empire.

Now you're just trolling. Fu ck off faggot go suck your wife's bull's cock clean

Show anything from the books. I will wait

>Explain to me WHY the showrunners need to make the Two Rivers, a heterogeneity?
They don't. The two rivers has no good reason to be heterogeneous. But neither does The Two Rivers need to be homogenous. Rand never thinks he doesn't belong. He only ever worries about his relationship with his father. He only notes that he doesn't look like his father. But no one treats him any differently because of this. And he never once exhibits any anxiety about this, until the idea that he's adopted enters his mind.

>An entire PLOT POINT is about change & diversity coming to the Two Rivers.
The Two Rivers folk never once worry about the race of the people who might come due to the fighting. They only worry about the fact that some of the refugees and travellers might be dangerous.

>tugs afro
based nignaeve

Eh, that doesn't even sound sexy. Just some belly dancing.

but certain regions had certain ethnic traits and looks connected to them. Some had a mix like Tear is a really good example, others like Saldaeans are clearly modeled after a specific ethnicity and are fairly monolithic. The Saldaeans being Mongolians. Right to the focus on light cavalry and horseback archers and having a brilliant military strategist being one of the main characters coming from that country. Even hearing Faile's description, the tilted eyes and bold nose and dark coloration.. you figured, Mongolian.

Innkeeper in Ebou Dar places Mat as Andoran, by look & accent.

Now run along sweetie

>this shitshow wont make it far enough to see dumais well
im both happy and sad about this

Two Rivers is not white. They are located at the edge of Andor but that is it.

CH4 he noticed Thom has blue eyes which was also rare for Rand to see

CH31 of WoT Rand noticed Mistress Grimwell has BLOND hair that he has NEVER seen in his life. Which means he has never seen a person from Andor before.

Nyaneve mentions Rands mom had red hair and that she was a foreigner

At the very least they are a tan skin people from the various mentions in the books. Clearly darker skin than Rand without a tan and with a tan.

No, i mean perrins face was described as turning red. That's white people thing

Proof you haven't read the books or at least not well enough.

The Two Rivers folk all have the same coloring. They go through a dramatic diversity shift as a plot point in the books. You're a cumdumpster for gay men thirsty for tiny soi boy ass. If Two Rivers isn't homogeneous to begin with then there isn't any real development happening

Oh yeah. Perrin is totally white. I don't know who this user is trying to sell the idea that the two rivers isn't white, but he's trying way too hard to stretch the canon.

Everyone can blush you dumb fuck. No one is saying the two river folk are midnight black you idiot.

The actor is also light skinned.

Matt will be gay. Screencap this.

... the majority of white people have brown hair and brown eyes. Blonde is like 25% of Europeans on Average (more concentrated around the Baltic Sea area where it can reach 80%), red is like 5% of Europeans (concentrated in the British Isles where it can reach up to 40% in Scotland) .. but the lion's share of white people... have brown hair.

Romans, Greeks, germans, polish, Austrian, Bavarian, & many more are all white people who don't have blonde or red hair & have a non-pale white complexion. How can people see so many shades of color in other phenotypes but white people have to be neon pale to count as. "White"?

really, how come in blade 2, hellboy asks blade if he can blush then?

Post a beet red black man. I'll wait

Literally you are a hack writer from the show providing stupid fucking arguments against forced diversification. That's all pure conjecture to fit your agenda. Fuck off back to where you crawled out from

No dip, all the two rivers people are described as the same. I understand what the source material says. But I'm saying in regards to the plot at hand, their homogeneity adds little to nothing. At most, it makes the reader go "huh... Rand is different". That's literally all it achieves. You can still achieve that with a diverse village.

All they have to do is have Mat say something like, "Rand, your mother was an outlander wasn't she? That's why you look like that" And then the audience will understand that he's different.

Let me put it in simpler terms: colors.
Say you have a village with yellow people, blue people, and green people. The village doesn't see any red, orange, or purple people. But one villager happens to be purple. One purple person among many yellows blues and greens. That would make the purple odd, wouldn't you say?

No, I have absolutely zero affiliation with the show, or any form of entertainment. I'm just an user who tries to understand how things work, before proclaiming that it's broken.

Nigger Andor is filled with Blonde hair and blue eye people. This isn't real life.
Vampires can't blush and he is half.
Again you moron. The dude isn't midnight black.

Cairhienin are pale you absolute buffoon
Shienarans are Japanese
Altarans are pretty much the only people constantly described as olive skinned
Domani are coppery skinned
Saldaeans are arabs
Many tairens have dark skin
Sea Folk are probably black, or at least dravidian

Oh, shit. I just thought of something. What if they make Aviendha or Min into a dude and make Rand bi?

You would defend divesity in any and every movie, wouldnt you? Be honest how many reddit points do you have, like a billion?

it also adds to the fact that the Manetheren blood is "true" and pure, not mixed with a bunch of other ethnic groups, because they were geographically, culturally and genetically isolated. It makes 0 sense for them to have diverse ethnic makeup given their history. Like I said earlier, try to find any other ethnicity among the Sentinelese people. Isolation does not breed diversity.

>vampires cant blush
that gave me a hardy kek, thank you user

No it doesnt work that way. If you don't look the same then you are an outsider & someone with a huge skin tone difference is going to be the bigger outsider than a slight hair color difference that was explained as inherited by the ONE & ONLY FUCKING FOREIGNER IN THE TWO FUCKING RIVERS YOU IGNORANT CHUCKLEFUCK

I don't post on reddit.
And no, I'm not defending forced diversity. I believe that sticking to the source material is the best. But I also think that claiming the change ruins this plot point is a false claim.

Post a light skinned nigger that can blush having his face turn red

>Shienarans are Japanese
No. Their culture is slightly based on Japan.

You people need to stop. Jordan blended races all over his book there is no direct 1:1 with anything in real life. This thread is why he never really went into skin color racist shit in the book and only mentioned it if it was relevant.

Oh good then you should have no trouble posting a BEETRED black dude who isn't "midnight black"

No, the faces of brown/black people cant turn red. Perrin also has long brown hair, no nigger has long brown hair. Literally everything suggests that perrin is a white dude you fucjing retard. And no amount of your seething will change that

>All they have to do is have Mat say something like, "Rand, your mother was an outlander wasn't she? That's why you look like that" And then the audience will understand that he's different.

They don't even need to do this because the book does this with Nynaeve. She mentioned how Rands dad game back to the village with his mom who was a foreigner and had red hair.

The only way to get these people to stop doing this shit is to not watch it. Un/don't subscribe to their services, don't torrent it, don't talk about it unless to its to say how shit it is. Eventually they'll realise no-one wants this.

yes, we are the ones that need to stop. fucking moron.

>the faces of brown/black people cant turn red
Blushing is capillaries in your face allowing more blood flow. So no what you said isn't true or based in any science.

Also Perrin has curly brown hair which the dude in the OP has. Try again.

>slightly
Agelmar almost commits Seppuku, death is lighter than a feather is literally from a Japanese Imperial regulation and might date back to a Chinese philosopher (still East Asian), King Easar basically recites a jisei. Sure, it might or might not be a racial thing, but the culture is HEAVILY Japanese.

Considering you're the ones upset that the cast isn't pure white when the books are not..?

Yeah

>Afro-textured hair is the natural hair texture of certain populations in Africa, the African diaspora, Oceania and in some parts of South and Southeast Asia. Each strand of this hair type grows in a tiny, angle-like helix shape. The overall effect is such that, compared to straight, wavy or curly hair
>when compared to curly hair
based retard who dosent know what curly hair is

The books are, so...? Go fuck yourself

Still waiting soiboi

They are based on nips but they are not Asian. Lan is not asian.

The books are 100% not pure white. Did you evne read them?
Are we pretending black people can't have curly hair now? You can call it "coily" if you want but it still fits.

First off they are all white and everyone knows it. secondly and lastly blackwashing isn't just in this it's in everything and therefore they are the ones that need to cut it out. g'night faggot.

>Blushing is capillaries in your face allowing more blood flow.
Dark skined black people also have that but you already agreed that they cant blush. So which is it?

I ignored the Sentinelese post, because it's so easily dismissed, that it's laughable. You're comparing an island that has been truly isolated for how long? Let's see what wiki says...
>The Sentinelese have been widely described as a Stone Age tribe, with some reports claiming they have lived in isolation for over 60,000 years. But Pandya speculates that the Sentinelese arose either from a deliberate, more recent migration or from drifting off the Little Andaman.
Potentially isolated for 60,000 years, before recent exploration.
Compared to a town that still sees merchants. Still exports their goods. And was part of Andor not all too long ago.
These comparisons are nowhere near the same.

Manetheren's blood could have meant anything. Like how the Seanchan have "the blood", yet they're all mixed somehow. homogeneity would occur over time. So I'm inclined to agree with the notion that the two rivers is homogenous. I'm not inclined to believe that Manetheren was. If you want to argue that the two rivers should be homogenous, then sure I have nothing to say about that really. But when you claim that Rand's story is ruined by heterogeneity, that's when I have gripes.

The Malkeri have a bit of Indian culture with NY's marriage dot..but Lan also passes for Andoran so they are at least white. The Shienaran might be asian

Neither is he Shienaran

Shienarans struck a Han Chinese cord to me with their top knots.
Saldaeans are Mongols, it's Arad Domani that are Arabs.

They were isolated aside from an annual peddler visit. They hadn't seen an ANdoran tax collector in living memory.

where do you think Malkier is?

That's not true at all. I live in an area that's mixed black and white mostly. With some hispanics here and there. Blacks and whites are just considered the norm. While the hispanics are a bit removed, since a lot of them don't speak english. And the the handful of Asians we have are really treated as oddities, because there are so few of them. The "outsider" is always the least represented group.

Two Rivers is white, if you cant see that then you are racist

no, black people literally cant have curly hair, its in their dna to have helix shaped hair.

a country that was adjacent to shienar, but now swallowed by the blight.

Mongols don't have hook noses though, maybe they're some other steppe tribe
Shienarans could be an East Asian amalgamation desu

Nigga, I'm black. Trust me, a few white dudes with one being a ginger is less notable than a few white dudes & me standing next to them

Everyone knew about two rivers tabac, and wool. Queen Morgase believes Rand's story about being from the two rivers, because she recognizes the accent.They're in contact with the outside world SOMEHOW.

They look fine to me and pretty close.

Attached: file.png (1244x1106, 2.49M)

Dude a literal plot point is that every year a merchant would go there and sell and buy goods.

To the north of Shienar, it was

Attached: Bukama_Marenellin.jpg (350x353, 36K)

You know what gingers are though. Imagine if there was only one single ginger. Multiple blacks, multiple whites, but only one ginger.
I mean, even in real life, people meme about gingers having no soul. They're definitely odd looking.

If Claudia Black doesnt play Diera Bashere I will personally punch the faggot who made the decision not to

Attached: 280full.jpg (280x402, 19K)

im assuming thats davrams wife? was she in the books all of 1/9028345966th of a chapter?

Borderlands all have asian-like cultures. Lan was not Asian. Nothing states they were asian at all just their culture was.

But not as odd as a black man. Hell if he had a hat on you wouldn't notice but you'd definitely see my black ass.

I don't give a fuck if she has a single second of screen time. Its Claudia Black or Clobberin' time

dude you damn well know when they're talking about "blood" in this context they mean the genetics, and traits. People prior to Mendellian genetics understood the concept of heritable traits passed down through families they just didn't know exactly what caused it, but they used "blood" as a euphemism for that heritability

The Seanchan use was different, and was only part heritability but also the possibility of social elevation based on merit.

i mean, i dont disagree with you, but if they get her id rather her have more screen time. give me ben browder as thom and we can be golden

Look, I would have to review that. Because it doesn't sound quite right to me. I know they were preparing for an annual festival. And I know that Padan Fain visited once a year. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he's the only one trading with them. It would be impossible for them to maintain an economy growing wool and tabac only for themselves.

Here's what the wiki says:
>The Two Rivers economy depends primarily upon tabac farming and wool gathering. Two Rivers Tabac is well known throughout the Westlands and is the largest cash crop of the region. Merchant caravans will journey to the area from Baerlon and Taren Ferry during certain times of the year in order to purchase and return with Tabac and wool. Commerce takes place upon each village's green and, as a function of their offices to ensure a fair marketplace, each village Mayor observes all transactions. In addition to these commodities, the economy also depends upon the tradecraft of various people throughout the area.

So it seems that they are largely sustained by their export, and see regular trading throughout the year.

>But not as odd as a black man
Maybe if there was one black and one ginger, then yeah, you'd have a point. But since there are multiple blacks, then black people just become the norm. And the ginger is the only one with odd features.

I mean, I don't see how this is even up for debate. It's the same reason a bearded woman is odd. Oh sure, you've seen beards, and you've seen women. But you've never seen a woman with a beard. It stands out.

Yeah they have contact with peddlers, and when the Queen DID send tax collectors, or when the odd one would travel, they'd hear an accent and from the sound of it, it's a very distinct accent, you don't have to have regular contact with Southerners to know their drawl accent instantly.
Imagine most of Andor proper as having non rhotic British accents. Now bring in someone from Alabama. Do you think they'd not instantly figure out that this must be someone from the American South after they say "Ya'll" once? Considering they'd have more regular contact with most the other nations of the world, they'd be able to rule out other people instantly, and know that this bumpkin must be from a REAL backwaters, like the Two Rivers.

>merchant caravans from taren ferry will go to two rivers
who wrote this garbage? taren ferry is a town in two rivers. two rivers is not a town, two rivers is a provence, or district. emonds field is the town the boys are from, taren ferry is that town just north of them, why the fuck would a merchant caravan travel all of 5 miles, instead of just some wagons to transport goods

"dude", if you have village of 10 whites and 10 blacks, then make them fuck in isolation, some genes will eventually dominate other genes, until the people become homogeneous. They would all be of the blood. Yet their ancestors were still diverse.

hmm, I didn't think it'd be strange for a Mongol to have a hooked nose, the thin droopy moustaches, tilted eyes and focus on light calvalry and horse archery is what really decided it for me. Maybe a cross between Mongolians and some central Asian Turkic tribe. But they don't strike me as Arabs because that's so clearly what they were going for with Domani, with their silks and their seductive arts, it makes you literally think of harem girls.

after 2000 years, everybody in that town would have brown eyes, brown skin and nappy black hair

I'll give you that they receive very little contact with outside in current day. But the fact that they still trade to the outside, and the fact that they had tax collectors only "six generations" ago(whatever that means), indicates that their isolation was gradual and their current situation is a recent taper. It's not the same as being trapped on an island for thousands of years.

remember also that it was a huge deal when rands dad left emonds field, and even bigger deal when he came back with an outlander wife

Good point, I always wondered why there were two arab-like peoples, but now the high cheekbones and tilted eyes make a lot more sense, so combined with the hooked noses then yeah some sort of turcomongol steppe nomad

And then there's Sheriam, fuck Sheriam

They didn't really maintain an "economy" since they were largely self sufficient. They farmed, they raised sheep, they spun wool clothes, remember how amazed they were to see a silver mark? There was little need for money among themselves, what little they earned from selling their tabac and surplus wool was mostly used to buy stuff like books, wine and ale (they also distilled their own brandy, which they traded for the wine and ale) from the peddler.

Peddlers more commonly went to Baerlon or Tarren Ferry for trade, but in Edmond's Field? Once a year, they were starved for news from the outside world.

Not necessarily. It really depends on who is popping out more kids. And who is most desirable.

I'm lost. What does that say about Lan's ancestors? So what if it's rare for people to leave the town in current day. For a long time, it wasn't rare. And then it steadily became more rare as time moved on.

and then there's Leane, and who didn't want to fuck Leane?
>gets stilled
>decides that her reason for wanting to still live is to be a turbo thot
>goes full cougar mode on Mat