How does it feel that half of Yea Forums doesnt know what this is?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

Even half from the other half doesn't REALLY know what it is apart from knowing the name for it.

make that 100% minus you because educated guesses are not knowledge. hbo/have sex

Crumpled up tinfoil

Woke up this morning

what is then mr scientist man

it's the big bang resonating on our primitive television sets.

That's what my leg feels like when it falls asleep

It's the HBO intro splash duh

My Smart TV does this if I go to an HDMI port that doesn’t have anything plugged in. Without the ear rape though. Programmed nostalgia I guess.

Do you guys remember when they switched over to digital? i do

Yes

Some of my earliest memories was being the remote control for my parents Sylvania console TV. The real remote was broken

i have a faint memory of sitting on the couch with my parents and watching someone on a local channel flipping a giant switch/pushing a giant button when that happened. does anyone else remember that actually happening

Yes because my familys black box stopped working

Schshchshhchhshhchhhshchshhchhch

This shit always creeped me out as a kid, it does look cool though

Newsflash boomer: The Ring is also popular under your 35+ age range.

Most digital updates happen during the late hours. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one service had to delay that update to a more populated time. If you've noticed, those boxes are little more than feed to HDMI converters, rented out to consumers at absurd profits

Film grain?

i always thought they did it because of conspiracy reason, i smoked a lot of weed back then though

Zoom zoom zoom

>Trying to watch a channel through a fucking miasma of snow, a true goddamn blizzard on your set because you desperately want to watch the Simpsons because you're stuck in Idaho to visit dying family

Fucking kids these days

Quite clever, op... most people in here think they got the right answer, but only I realized it was a magic eye image. Nice joke.

>half
try most

I saw this today when I tried to tune an aerial to analogue channels for shits and gigs

The HBO logo

What I see when I close my eyes?

I live in a city and I have a digital antenna and I seriously get great reception, and a bunch of channels you don't see on cable. If your tv is from this decade it will even have a built in channel guide.
Go find one on amazon and you'll pay more for shipping then you will the actual antenna and free tv forever.

Hey that's from the HBO intro lol who wouldn't recognize that?

i cant get it to work, is this an epic troll?

Jeez I used to be so scared of the earrape, sometimes some channels or ports on the TV wouldn’t have the sound and I would sit there waiting for it to come

Nice bait

only 0.0001% of the global population recognize this image, do you?

Attached: ().jpg (826x251, 16K)

Yeah I remember, it was the day my OTA signal went to shit and I eventually stopped trying to watch TV at all. gg FCC

Why is it widescreen though? 4:3 fuzz was best fuzz

i remember static and having to push some button all the time
what was that all about

also sneed

>free tv
>not paying with your brain

OP here. Living in this nursing home is very depressing.

Yeah mine flashes a static screen for a few seconds when I power it on.

It's not a schooner, it's a sail boat.

>This concludes our broadcast day

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THE VHS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

>did you remember to put the tv on channel 3?

Take me back bros.

Attached: index.jpg (258x195, 7K)

that's what they show in compilation videos, a transition between each video

I still see and hear this every time I turn on my tv.

Attached: 1565811121878.png (595x510, 227K)

Who doesn't have HBO ??

It's the TV loading screen

That's a side walk.

Attached: scorcher.jpg (259x194, 5K)

I'll call now.

It's just noise, there is more than just the big bang in it, but that's not interesting.

Another Scorcher!

Superior intro

Attached: E6kUY.jpg (1000x450, 71K)

Shut up HBOFags that's a still image of Candle Cove.

My vision looks like this, particularly when it's dark.

Black and white or colored?

it's some grandpa tv graphic

who cares?

>Pressing your face up against a CRT screen
>Feeling the static on your face
>Tasting that metallic taste in your mouth
Zoomers will never know this feel

Attached: Terry_A._Davis_in_1985.jpg (420x560, 87K)

>BWOIIIIING
zoomie zooms will never understand

>analogue
>if a channel doesn't come in perfectly, it just gets some static and interference but its still 90% watchable, with audio coming through, however distorted
>digital
>if a channel doesn't come in perfectly, the screen is filled with digital blocks that cover the screen and only switch every five seconds, with no sound whatsoever, rendering it completely unwatchable
Thanks for mandating that switchover, US government. You sure know what technology is in our best interest.

18yo here and I know what that is

How many doesn't know that the static is caused by background radiation from the Big Bang?