Myers owns all slashers

Truth

Attached: C8B553B7-C4F8-47E1-8203-72FE82267584.jpg (656x343, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bNVdBtFaLEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw there are FOUR Halloween 2s

Attached: 1505520017161.jpg (250x201, 25K)

>Halloween Halloween Kills Ends 2020 2021
What?

HALLOWEEN LIVES AGAIN

HALLOWEEN IN SPACE

HALLOWEEN REDUX

HALLOWEEN RELOADED

HALLOWEEN 2.0

>John Carpenter has put an end to the rumors regarding the future of the “Halloween” horror movie franchise. A video posted to the filmmaker’s social media pages confirms that two more “Halloween” sequels are being developed for 2020 and 2021. First up is “Halloween Kills,” which sounds like it will pick up with Jamie Lee Curtis’ Laurie Strode after the events of David Gordon Green’s 2018 “Halloween.” The reboot trilogy will end with the appropriately titled last entry, “Halloween Ends.”
youtube.com/watch?v=bNVdBtFaLEk

Attached: machete-kills-MacheteKills_SofiaVergara_rgb.jpg (793x694, 185K)

Nick Castle coming back for a few Myer scenes

This overrating and overpraise of Halloween and Michael Myers is making me detest Halloween films, so stop. Most of the films in his franchise are complete shit with the exception of maybe four movies.
I count three
>Halloween II (1981)
>Halloween II (2009)
>Halloween (2018)

they should've just made as many shitty sequels as they needed this year totalling 19 movies in the series so next year they could end the franchise with HALLOWEEN 2020

At first I thought the titles sucked and then I realized that I couldn't think of absolutely anything better.

They'll call it "Halloween Ends" even though it won't actually end.

It's a melancholy feeling when you realize that all of these franchises are going to continue on well past when we all die.

Call the cops, I don't give a fuck

Attached: john-carpenter-e1557868274277.jpg (3024x4032, 1.24M)

I don’t get this shit. That’s how folklore goes. How many Dracula movies have there been. The Mummy? Frankenstein? Werewolf movies? Vampires?

He's probably counting the upcoming Halloween Kills

>melancholy feeling
it’s a wonderful feeling hoping someone will breathe some life back into the series after Green and McBride have dragged it through the mud

>Green and McBride have dragged it through the mud

Nice bait.

It’s not bait. They’re riding the normie horror wagon along with Ari Astor.

Wait and see how the next movie goes before making that decision.

From all accounts they planed Halloween 2018 to be a two parter that would really shake things up but Blumhouse wanted to ease audiences in with the first one

Fuck McBride and Greene. Rob Zombie should have made H3

That would technically be another "Halloween III" since the current present 2018 timeline acknowledges the events of the first film.

True, but at least we can we were around when the films were in their prime. I can't even imagine what they'd do in 20-40 years. Michael Myers in space? The thought of it is just terrible.

>Rob Zombie should have made H3

Get Out

No. I wanted to see where he was going to take the story. Scout Taylor Compton would have made an interesting Michael Myers.

Also, Scouts nudes were kino. She showed her butthole and she looked like a dirty unwashed slut.

He's definitely had the strongest modern reboot of the Big Four... and basically any of the classic slashers, for that matter.

Carpenter has the attitude of an old cat lady.

This. Zombie’s H2 is pleb filter.

I only saw the video. Never any butthole pics.

Rob Zombie is terrible at everything he does.

Big Four? WTF is the fourth one?

Freddy, Jason, Michael...?

Attached: DOvLQ71UEAA691A.jpg (878x1200, 117K)

the new halloween movie is probably the worst mainstream slasher ive ever seen

>retcon every halloween sequel
>now michael myers is just some guy that killed few people even though mass shooters kill more than him nowadays
>not even related to laurie now

it's laughable they thought it was a good idea and now they're making sequels. laughable. just fucking laughable. people saying halloween h20 was good are the people who made this garbage of a movie. feminist garbage trash. it really is just all it takes for a horror movie to get good reviews these days. feminist shit.

loomis carried the franchise

It's funny that they retconned him being related to Laurie because they thought it was dumb, but they still ended up having him try to kill Laurie. If you were going to retcon them being related, he never should have crossed paths with her again.

It wasn't bad. It was just...eh.

Based anons. 1) would have been great to touch on how Myer’s murder spree would barely make the papers these days compared to modern violence. 2) would have devastated Laurie and fucked her up even more if Myers got out and didn’t give a single fuck about her.
>I’ve been thinking about your for 40 years
>I don’t think about you at all
What a waste

I didn't get the impression in Halloween 2018 that Michael gave a single fuck about Laurie. He's just going around killing people, and he's practically driven to her house at the end.

HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
HALLOWEEEEEEEEN
HALLOWEEN

Attached: danzig.jpg (500x770, 43K)

Attached: A1AB6978-D1A8-43A3-A410-FBE89E633B3E.jpg (853x1110, 117K)

Exactly. Lazy writing.

Him being related to Laurie and the figurehead of some murder cult was always retarded. He's just a crazy guy who kills people for no reason, that's all. Any other additions are stupid.

And Halloween 2018 did touch on Myer's murder spree seeming small in the context of modern spree killers. They have a whole conversation about how what Michael did doesn't even seem shocking anymore in 2018. Also, Michael doesn't even give a fuck about Laurie in the 2018 film. He just walks around killing random people while Laurie searches for him. He only goes after Laurie after following one of his surviving victims to her cabin. He never appears to give a fuck about Laurie specifically, he's just killing and chasing random people and ends up facing off against Laurie purely by coincidence.

>They have a whole conversation about how what Michael did doesn't even seem shocking anymore in 2018.
It’s one quick comment and never touched on again. Not enough to get people thinking.
>Also, Michael doesn't even give a fuck about Laurie in the 2018 film. He just walks around killing random people while Laurie searches for him. He only goes after Laurie after following one of his surviving victims to her cabin. He never appears to give a fuck about Laurie specifically, he's just killing and chasing random people and ends up facing off against Laurie purely by coincidence.
But she doesn’t know this. They sloppily constructed the plot to bring the two together. That’s all.
Had she found out how insignificant she was/is to him, that could have opened the door to an interesting path for character, especially considering how fucked up se already was.
It just wasn’t a good movie. It’s another throwaway Halloween sequel masquerading as “elevated horror” for normies.

>gets fucked up by Busta Rhymes
LMAO

Attached: busta-rhymes-halloween.png (881x584, 873K)

>It’s one quick comment and never touched on again. Not enough to get people thinking.
I understand your point...but it's just a Halloween movie about Michael killing people. How much time did you really want dedicated to this little think piece?

I'll give you that the confrontation between Laurie and Michael could have been developed in a more nuanced or seamless way, and that Laurie finding out just how little she really means to Michael could have been a fun development. But I don't think the movie ever really masquerades as elevated horror. It's literally just a typical slasher that heavily homages the original Halloween and is at least slightly more fun and self-aware than the majority of the sequels. I don't think its a great film by any means but as a Halloween sequel I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

>Had she found out how insignificant she was/is to him
how could they have even written this in? Michael doesn't talk. You couldn't even have Michael see Laurie and choose not to kill her because that would go against who he is

>But I don't think the movie ever really masquerades as elevated horror. It's literally just a typical slasher that heavily homages the original Halloween and is at least slightly more fun and self-aware than the majority of the sequels. I don't think its a great film by any means but as a Halloween sequel I thought it was pretty enjoyable.
You’re right I definitely misspoke. I shouldn’t blame the filmmakers, never in an interview did they claim their intention was anything more than recreating the atmosphere and thrill of the original.
It’s the audience seeing it as an “elevated slasher” and making it out to be better than it really is.

He could have texted her that Mad Men meme.

It’s a first installment to get people back into the series after Zombie’s abomination.

/tv loved this movie but like everything on here now everyone hates it.

If Halloween Kills is more of the same then yes, it’s a let down. But right now, it’s just the first part of a three parter

I actually like that they got arc for it. Unlike almost all slashers sequels that are rutterless

>Zombie’s abomination.
Watch it, Chrissy, H2 is pure kino.

I love Freddy and Jason, but the fact that the least interesting character, Michael Myers, keeps getting films and they don't boggles my mind.

Well the Freddy roommate was awful, despite JEH’s performance. And F13 is still tied up in legal issues, it’s why there still hasn’t been another.

H2 wasn’t a Myers movie.

When do you reach a point in “re-imagining” something to where not even the same character or story.

His movies would have been fine it was its own movies. White trash hillbilly killer

>roommate
Remake. I’m phone-fagging at work

The opening ambulance and hospital scenes were very much in the spirit of Myers. Probably some of the top scenes in all of the movies.

How the fuck did he get out of a burning house while being trapped in the basement?
Fucking hell.

Slasher universe when?

Never. They tried that once with Freddy v Jason and the characters' rights was a nightmare for everyone involved.

It’ll be easier. Soon Disney will own everything. Myers, Freddy, Jason will be the part of the Disneyverse. Maybe Myers will be an Avenger

based

Honestly the Rob Zombie films aren't that bad. They are watchable and have some interesting ideas. Still, they lack the feeling of actually having Michael Myers in them.
Also, Halloween 1-5 are also good movies. 6 is the only one of the original movies I'd actually call bad.

Let me guess, not enough slow burns and bone-chilling horror?

those are actually unique tho, and have backstories
myers, jason, leatherface etc are just "strong indestructible dude" and thats it

Enlightened post.

Nah, he's definitely specifically going for Laurie. It's a big part of the first Halloween film as well. He just randomly singles her out for a reason nobody can know.

WOAH! GUN MILKERS!?!?!?! AWOOGA AWOOGA *tongue hangs out*