Let’s discuss The Boys

Is it a good deconstruction of capeshit?

Attached: 5A8A0D4C-A22E-46F6-A8B1-96550401421D.jpg (2384x1414, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhwdoyp4Ov4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man, that scene where Homelander let the kids die on the plane was so intellectual and witty.

Attached: soy overload.jpg (1000x1243, 195K)

>IT DECONSTRUCTS SUPERHERO TROPES
>THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE EVIL SUPERHEROES INSTEAD OF GOOD
>THERE'S SEX

Attached: 1563423964314.png (454x520, 13K)

comics is, tv show is just pg-13 capeshit

You cannot deconstruct in genre fiction.

You know what I just realized? AMAZON PRIME is a crazy good bargain!

Attached: AD74133C-3C0D-4666-BDC6-7AE166D3D8D0.png (3216x1352, 60K)

yikes, smells like incel in here

Trash comic, the basedboy would never have enough strength to crush the Nintendo

Modern women are cancer

Attached: 1565645643073.png (569x569, 269K)

>yikes, smells like incel in here

Attached: 1565758791866.jpg (320x383, 59K)

>Nerd detected

Attached: A1C553F7-01E7-451D-96EE-E03E75F3D3BD.jpg (1128x1026, 989K)

>implying user will ever be in a "who the fuck is jenna?" situation

the comic is just 4edgy6me crap

imagine sitting dwelling in neethood making images such as these
just lmao
oh am i laughing

The comic is based as are NEETs

based OP having the wagecucks in hysterics

Women haven't changed. Males became insecure betas

Why do you people keep saying that these superheroes are """"evil""""?
They're humans, grown in a fucking lab with superhero steroids pumped into them, they're not evil, they're people who haven't had proper upbringing, they might be invincible on the outside but inside they're broken human beings like anybody else, only difference being that when they go psycho, they can flick your head off with their fingers.
>"WOOOOAH ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM MY REGULAR CAPESHIT, THEY'RE EVIL UGH SO CLEVER"
In the comics they're one-dimensional edgelords who do evil things for the sake of it. The show actually shines them in a more humane light, they're people with feelings but they're stuck in an infantile mindset because they didn't grow up in a good home with one or two parents teaching them. That's why Starlight is the only one with even a speck of humanity in her, because at least she had a mother, even though she did live her own dreams through her.

I normally don't watch film, ever, but I heard good things about this adaptation, and it's fucking brilliant, a lot better than the comics actually, which is rare, usually they butcher everything from the comics and push some agenda and try to make it all so casual that even retards can latch onto the shit. The people behind the live action The Boys deserve a pat on their back.

what does "insecure" even mean?

Yeah it’s so wild to think an user might have a sister

what are some SLOW BURN, BONE CHILLING, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT DRIVEN KINOS like from A24?

Attached: 1562626529227.png (785x1000, 254K)

If you aren’t confident and in control of every social situation you are insecure. The privilege of being male.

Too many Yea Forums nerds in this thread. I'm out.

shut up nigger, I had this situation come up with a woman i wasn't even dating
she was fucking paranoid when she had seen me with my sister AND HER FIANCÉ, thank god I dodged the crazy bullet

>Long distance gf
There is literally nothing more pathetic than this. Nothing. Even actual cucks are less pathetic since at least they can touch their gfs/mistresses.

>They're superheroes but gritty and realistic... okay this is deep... this is based...

Attached: soy gang.jpg (960x492, 56K)

When I attain high office in our soon to be neo-fascist government my first goal will be the detection and annihilation of each and every neet in existence.

Based OP working this wageslave into a fume.

>NONONONONONO you have to RESPECT the classic super hero FICTION it is MY CULTURE and you will SHOW RESPECT

since when do people even say this? nobody i know besidea shitpoater wojacks talk like this
lol talk about shelterd much

*snap*

>NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE FUN OF CAPESHIT!!!! THIS CAPESHIT IS SPECIAL!!! IT'S DARK AND REALISTIC!!!!!

Attached: 1556291494016.png (1080x1020, 475K)

>me with my sister AND HER FIANCÉ

go back sodom, redditor

Nobody ever said it was deep. Gritty? Sure. Realistic? Nah, but they're doing their damn best to sell these characters as genuine humans brought up without love and care.
You're just a buzzword meme spouting retard who doesn't have actual points to argue about, aren't you?
Acting like the show is "pretentious" or something, what is your end goal with this?

The show's good, end of story, keep up the cope.

Do you find vaginas attractive?

A poor man's version of Watchmen

comics unlike anime are somewhat realistic in the sense that the characters are not only developed through american ideology which is more mature and correct according to world values it is also more aggressive in the sense that it attack social constructs and represents them through works of fiction

when you get to the point where you're having imaginary conversations like this play out in your head that's when you're officially obsessed

yes
especially from behind

nobody even mentioned anime you retard, rent free

The boys is just Chinese bootleg watchmen. Change my mind

My sister lives in another country with her fiance, they come back to visit our homeland maybe once a year, so I see her rarely, so it's good to spend some time with my family every now and then.
Oh, but what would you know about having people who love you, you sad broken trash of a human.

Jesus Christ senpai

>comics unlike anime are somewhat realistic in the sense that the characters are not only developed through american ideology which is more mature and correct according to world values it is also more aggressive in the sense that it attack social constructs and represents them through works of fiction

Attached: 1564939840985-v.png (644x800, 43K)

Attached: 1548403490833.jpg (644x800, 123K)

Who cares?

I underatand that but deep dow you need to make that observation, anime is simple minded whilst american comic books are more of an art, the subjects they tackle can be seen as somewhat unorthodox but they do not pander to tbe revolutionists which is simply one of its strengths

Its not a great deconstruction to be honest. If you've read any comics since 1985, you've come across way better.

It's a better deconstruction than anything else ever filmed, as far as im aware. Watchmen the movie kinda pussed out so most people didn't get the full effect.

Any real adaptation of grant morrison or alan moore would slay the boys.

Its still a great show though.

GOOOOOOOOOOODS WHERE IS MY ONIONS

The comic's concept was kind of interesting for the first 2 or 3 issues, then it got really dumb.
>heros are adored by all
>no media outlet even bothers to make a report on them killing people because reasons
>the company who makes these heros has death squads who'd toss a container full of children into the ocean but doesn't even bother to implement a system that prevents heros from being completely fucked
That's only the tip of the iceberg

>Is it a good deconstruction of capeshit?
no

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhwdoyp4Ov4

All of Ennis' works are just a lament of an atheist closet homosexual.

Seething normalfaggot

What does that picture have to do with the topic?

shut up basement goblin
go back to eating your scraps

only redditors watch the boys

>has people who love him
>spends time here

Oh yeah, because I'm here I can't be on anywhre else, eh? God damn retard

>Who the fuck is Jenna?
My waifu

>be Netflix
>competitor releases show
>show gets people talking
>REEEEEEEE WHY ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT SHOW!!!!
>AstroTurf forums claiming that those talking about show are all shills
There are probably Amazon Prime shills on Yea Forums but there are also probably Netflix shills here too

Fuuuck.. as a married fag I feel this one. Latina wife jealous as shit

>based homelander making all these marvel and dc fags buttblasted

>open relationships
Liberals ruin their own lives.

Factually incorrect.

maybe you should pump out some anchor babies

>american comic books are more of an art

Attached: AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.gif (700x298, 3.67M)