All disney star wars movies are ba-

all disney star wars movies are ba-

Attached: D582ACF2-C6C3-4B72-9140-4F6E343B66D4.jpg (992x980, 367K)

Rogue One sucks and Solo is okay at best.

-d

-sed and feministpilled

Some people like to tell themselves that Solo was okay or even good. They are very very wrong. Both of these movies are equally trash.

All Star Wars movies are trash

Attached: 171882d6998e0e768fa59bba6726d698fac8c89e27796c7032d5f88a954f9ded.jpg (1536x2048, 427K)

Last Jedi killed the franchise. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Rogue One was ok at best, I cared for nothing about it

I never watched Solo because TLJ made by head explode. I hope Rise of Skywalker is terrible, because trilogy is long fucked already, why throw a good movie into it?

>Solo sucks and Rogue One is okay
That's better.

>THE LAST JEDI KILLED THE FRANCHISE!!!!11

Attached: 1565684471854.jpg (454x520, 73K)

Rogue one had many faults, but captured some of the elements of tbe OT.

Solo and Rogue1 are the best nuwars, but then again that doesn't mean much.

Supporting Disneywars is the soi opinion

>Solo is okay at best.
A movie where the origin of Han's last name is ruined forever is far less than "okay."

Someone got paid to write that shit

Solo was a movie that didn't need to exist. Sometimes, and this is one of those cases, nothing is better than something. The vague hints of Han's backstory from ANH were enough, and your imagination filled in the gaps as much as you needed, and was almost always guaranteed to do a better job than something concrete. This just gave Han a pointless character arc which in a way invalidated his ANH character by just making him go backward.

Rogue One didn't even bother to try to be consistent with ANH, and fell for the meme that the Death Star exhaust port was a plot hole by feeling the need to explain it away as some kind of intentional sabotage. The rest of the movie was OK if you don't care that the characters don't really have any character to speak of (droid notwithstanding).

It unironically did.

I feel like Rogue One's space battle is the best in the series.

Script is shit, characters are mediocre, action is the best in SW ever.

You're kinda just shooting your own foot here

It is. By far.

4>5>6>1>R1>Solo>7>3>2>8

Rogue One is pure shit, saved only by good effects and the ending Vader scene, otherwise normies would have recognized it for the shit it is.

>Death Star exhaust port
This was a crucial step in their multi-film character assassination of Luke Skywalker.

Phantom Menace had some good parts but half of the movie is so fucking garbage it sure as fuck doesn't deserve to be above R1.

In the Nu-wars series maybe.
Nothing can top RotJ final battle.

Solo > Rogue One > TFA >>>>> a romcom starring Amy Schumer > watching a turd in a toilet bowl > TLJ

Rogue one is boring and Solo is insulting.
FTFY

Attached: returnofthebane.jpg (1900x816, 977K)

It had some okay world building compared to what we've got now.

-d

Solo is the least bad of the two and it was still below mediocre. Revenge of the Sith is better than anything Disney has shat out.

I do feel bad for Ron Howard. He does the impossible and saves a mediocre film and still gets fucked due to Rian's shitflinging

qi'ra is qu'te

r1 is the only decent star wars film made in 35 years

If the turd is your own, at least you might feel some satisfaction. I feel only pain watching fat Schumer.

>not appreciating RotS as kino

Attached: pleb n proud.jpg (1774x1305, 203K)

Rogue Juan is kino because Gareth Edwards is an actual fan of SW. The movie also has the best cinematography, they actually respected the style of the OT, unlike the other Disney Wars movies.
It's a shame that KK hated Edwards' original cut and reshot half of the movie.
I hope one day someone will leak the original script.

Attached: 1546272090567.jpg (5760x4848, 2.68M)

i'll admit it was ok at best

Exactly. The film is actually not bad, and in a few years once the franschise is either saved or killed off completely (most likely) people will realise the film was good. Not great but good, 6.5 outta 10. They will also realise that the SJW robot was taking the piss out of itself. Not sure why people took it seriously, are they really this autistic? So many reviewers never realised it was a joke

>It's a shame that KK hated Edwards' original cut and reshot half of the movie.
The version we have is better. The original version had everyone survive because they didn't think Disney would allow them to kill everyone

>So to get an “easily won” screenplay credit at that late stage means significant changes were made. Changes that, Gilroy admits, he was easily able to make because he really doesn’t care about Star Wars.
>“That was my super power,” he said. “I’ve never been interested in Star Wars, ever. So I had no reverence for it whatsoever. I was unafraid about that. And they were in such a swamp… they were in so much terrible, terrible, trouble that all you could do was improve their position.”
>Gilroy told Koppelman he saw a “purity” that the early version of the film was lacking.

R1 had the feel of the OT for me, but was kind of meaningless. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
Never saw Solo. TLJ killed any interest I had in future Disney Wars movies.

It's hard to tell these days, when those kinds of people say the exact same things as a parody would.

It's biggest problem is not the pacing, the script or the story. The problem is that the characters are flat and boring as hell, besides the chinks and the one Droid. Juan and Brit girl are so lifeless their death was meaningless.

>. The original version had everyone survive because they didn't think Disney would allow them to kill everyone
Not true. The director of the reshoots said that was the element that guided all of the reshoots and how to approach "fixing" it - ie it was already there

Literally glib facsimile

R1 was a solid B-

Solo was a C, but not un-fun to watch.

I have a distinct feeling that the fired directors meant the charqcter as a joke but Kennedy and the other suits are too stupid to realise it was tongue in cheek and ticked it off as meeting diversity quota. The way it dies and falls to pieces is a good indication that it was never a serious character.

This.
Also this The overall movie was pretty damn good and a story I was generally interested in, but the characters fell short. The overall aesthetic and cinematography as well as sound design were top notch imo. True to the OT.

Sorry, that was supposed to be a reply to this post.

>The original version had everyone survive because they didn't think Disney would allow them to kill everyone
In the original version Vader was killing them one by one.

>7 that high

Woody saved Solo

Not all. Krennick was great. The chinks were great. The Droid was great. The problem is the two leads sucked.

this desu

I liked Solo. TLJ, TFA and R1 made me sleep

How contrarian do you have to be to honestly believe this

Overall the lead characters sucked but Krennick carried the film imo. Thought the droid was pretty good at times and I was meh on the chinks. It was just too much going on with too many supporting characters to flesh out.

On changes made to Solo,
>I think I know what was cut. Let's look at the stuff that doesn't go anywhere/we know was cut.
>Cassian straight up murders a dude to protect the rebellion. This is never really brought up ever again.
>Cassian chooses not to snipe Gaelyn Erso. No real reason is given or shown, he just doesn't do it.
>back on the ship, Jyn says that following orders he knows are wrong, he might as well be a storm trooper.
>Saw is initially a celebrated rebel. Saw is now an extremist.
>Saw gives zero craps about who he hurts. He just does what he must to survive and hurt the empire.
>Saw and his troops show little to no regard for civilian casualties. It is not an accident that they look like the talliban.
>Saw's line "what will you become?" was in the trailer, right before ominous piano music and a shot of Jyn dressed as an imperial.
>when Saw breathes from his mask, Vader's breathing is played.
>Blaze was once the most devout member of his and Chirrut's order. Nit much is said or done with that about why he strayed from the oath and adopted a fighting style so different from his friend's.
>I think we lost a whole subplot about an amoral rebellion, that worried about becoming as awful as the empire that they opposed. There was a cut theme of becoming the very thing you oppose in your quest to stop it. Jyn and Cassian were meant to argue prior to Gaelyn's death. That would explain why Gaelyn never pulled the trigger. There was a shoutout with Saw where he defended his bloody actions and asked what Jyn would be if she bothered to fight the Empire. There was meant to be a bit where Cassian was convinced that the rebellion could do and would do the wrong thing, and so he and Jyn rebelled to Scariff.

But it's not. They are both decent films..not amazing but good. R1 being the slightly better of the two. TLJ sucked hard for all the damage it did. These movies were fine, besides giving Solo a silly reason for his name and making him a beta Manlet. It was still nowhere near the damage done to the franchise that TLJ did

Not very?

Yea, wheres the joke? Those are both bad movies. Rouge One had no character or structure thanks to reshoots and poor editing. Solo was better, but only because its more coherent.

>In the original version Vader was killing them one by one.
Wrong. Prove it if you can.

>gray digital cinematography
>respecting the style of the OT
Pick one.

The death star blowing up jeddah and then sariff was KINO

4>5>6>R1=7>3>2>1>Solo>8

If you just want to look at pretty pictures on a screen, you could argue there has NEVER been a bad starwars. But obviously, that argument is wrong.

>what's your name lad?
>Han
>and your last name, sonny?
>uuh I don't have a last name
>who are your people, are you all alone?
>yes
>aah okey dokey, we will call you Han Solo because Solo is a synonym for being alone innit!
This movie was nearly indescribably bad

Attached: 1563493336.jpg (512x512, 11K)

It genuinely did; pretty much everything after TLJ was a fucking bomb or got cancelled. Stay fucking mad, YouTube shill.

The both suck fag

Attached: OyvGQmq9_400x400.jpg (308x308, 14K)

OP here. I like to molest farm animals.

The original had Vader kill krennic. That's it

5>4>3>6>R1>7>Solo>2>1>8

Attached: 1560906508352.jpg (2910x2460, 436K)

Rogue One was a cool idea but awfully executed, could be great with a better writer to make the plot and characters blend better.
Solo felt like a B-Movie and not of the enjoyable kind.

I don't under stand why people say that the exhaust port wasn't defended, if it wasn't defended then why was the only way to reach it (the trench) filled with fucking turrets and turbo towers

Every trench was designed like that. The turrets and towers weren't defending the exhaust port.

>TLJ comes out
>biggest weekend drop of all time
>Solo bombs
>toy sales bomb
>every project except Episode IX and the tv show are canned
>Galaxy's Edge bombs

Just keep that head in the sand

OT>Prequels>Nu-prequels>Nu-sequels

accurate

I'd put the forgotten trilogy above the sequels, partly out of spite, partly out of amusing novelty.

The Force Awakens killed the franchise, creatively speaking. Really there was no way to go but downward, which is what Last Jedi did.

>mary sue and her non white team retcon Luke's exploit at the death star (thanks to the brave sacrifice of this female and her non white team in the dark, it would have never been possible)

>pando Calrissian and her marxist robot which wants to do the revolution
>mutt mary sue is the one starting the rebellion to revenge her third world exploited african planet

Rogue One is not good. It's bad only in single instances instead of being bad due to the philosophy behind it.

>Star Destroyer going through another Star Destroyer
Nope

based

4>5>6>1>2>3>7>r1>8>so
I'm going Full Chrono, because everything always gets worse.

rogue one is better than solo

>Really there was no way to go but downward
Not even close to true. Shut the fuck up Rian

I'd say it had an equal slew of mediocre, good and bad moments spread across it.

Fuck off, JJ. If you really thought that there was no problem with TFA to begin with then you are part of the problem.

Attached: begone virgin!.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

>they actually respected the style of the OT
Correction. They respected it more than anyone else involved with nu-Wars. But still, here is what is pretty non-OT about Rogue One.

1. Moving camera
If you pay attention to the OT you will see how little of the shots are moving. True, this is because of the matte paintings and because the effects but this still produced a rather distinct style of a Star Wars movie. In Rogue One, one of the first shots is the camera going forward.

2. Time Skip
Star Wars movies, even the new ones, never did flashbacks and timeskips. Sure, not everything was on screen but there surely weren't any sort of "and now she is all grown up" skips there.

3. Vader
The whole encounter on Mustafar was basically sheer pandering to OT fans. And unfortunately, as far as pandering goes, it focused on what was Vader iconic for instead of what Vader was like. First off, why does Vader, man who really does not want to show weakness and despises groveling, have a human servant? This job would've been perfect for a protocolar droid, that's what they are for. Then the whole encounter with Krennic. Where Vader was pacing, making small talk and then came that terrible pun. This was incredibly out of character for Vader. Vader, when he is on screen in the OT, is either informing his superiors or giving orders. True OT Vader would tell Krennic what he wanted from the get go and choked him out if he had any complaints.

>saying that they could've gone up and didn't have to make complete shite is the same as saying there was nothing wrong with TFA
What a surprise, you're fucking retarded

Seek help

Rogue One was the only movie of the nu-Wars to get what the franchise was about: Star Wars. As in wars in the stars aka good old WW2 dogfights in space and ground combat as well. Those were pretty good except for that dumb hammerhead maneuver.

The rest, not so much.

user was right though. No one could've fixed that mess and worked with that story with those characters. No amount of autistic posts on Yea Forums claiming to have "fixed" it would've worked. Then again you probably thought the female cut was good.

Disney Wars films best to worst
>Rogue One
>TFA
>TLJ
>Solo
All other opinions are wrong
>Inb4 TLJ was way worse than Solo!
At least it tried to do things differently, Solo did absolutely nothing memorable. Luke/Rey/Ken were interesting at some points

absolute fucking shit opinion

Post your list then, faggot

>no one could have given Rey motivation and character development
>no one could've given Finn character development and a scene where he reflects on his past as a stormtrooper
>no one could have made a film without Holdo berating Poe and being autistic about "THE PLAN"
>no one could have made a film where Holdo didn't hyperspace ram the enemy fleet
>no one could have made a film without super Leia
>no one could've made a film set more than 24 hours after TFA and about something other an uninteresting space chase that makes no sense
>no one could have made a film where Luke didn't try to murder his nephew and then die like a bitch
>no one could've made a film that was supposed the middle film of a trilogy but ended with the main antagonist dying without any explanation or character exposition
Said it before, fucking retard

i will post my list up your moms arse

>Rogue One was the only movie of the nu-Wars to get what the franchise was about: Star Wars

Careful there, user. You don't want to get out of line with the Yea Forums orthodoxy which prevailed at the time of its release ie that it was an anti-Trump "rainbow coalition" propaganda exercise.

Honestly disagree, any competent writer could have springboarded off of what JJ did

>they had to go and make all those retarded nonsensical decisions because JJ had already made a safe, boring remake of A New Hope
Really?

Cringe

You're spot-on with Solo, and it doubled down on the shittyness by making the needless backstory as boring and as predictable as possible.

R1 to me felt like the perfect Expanded Universe movie, it wasn't a great film, but it was a fun, pulpy story featuring cool ships and battles and utterly forgettable derivative characters fleshing out some backstory that really didn't need to be told (but doesn't assassinate any major characters or change any major plotlines by them actually telling it). Utterly meaningless, utterly superfluous, utterly fun. Rogue One was the cinematic equivalent of a good paperback.

>Honestly disagree

you'd be the first then. it's like you don't even *want* to be a :koolkontrarian: like the rest of us

>say other people is cringe while thinking tlj is good
lmao

Attached: your-resistance-only-makes-my-penis-harder.jpg (640x480, 37K)

I don't know how anyone can look at that list and sincerely go, "yeah, this is all JJ's fault, Rian had no other option"

Attached: star wars rian johnson.jpg (2048x1857, 250K)

I never said it was good you illiterate retard. I said at least it tried to do things differently and the Rey/Luke/Ken stuff was kinda interesting. The film still made me laugh at how shit it was, but a film that tries and fucks up badly will always be better to me than formulaic factory-made schlock that I've already seen literally hundreds of times

UwU

The reason I like Solo is because it didn't feel bogged down by the rest of the franchise - telling you a minor story because they can't tell you the cool stuff.
It was like a story just about some people having an adventure in the same universe. It probably would've been better if Han was replaced with a nobody

>Rey/Luke/Ken stuff was kinda interesting
Oh a Reylo fag. Protip: kys

You’re trash.

TLJ was unironically less bad than TFA.

sed boy garbage.

>at the time of its release
Fuck that time. It's full of shills and crossposters and is not in any way representative.

Based
>Literal copy-paste of a different film
>Something that tries and fails
I know which of the two I think is better

>That spoiler
Kek

>exceptionalist whining

no tears now user only dreams

You are wrong.