Pretentious af

Pretentious af.

Attached: Lost_Higway_%281997%29.png (220x318, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5VP3of-dA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why

David Lynch is literally the least pretentious director in cinema history

I would disagree but he is certainly not pretentious. I don't even think that people who call him pretentious know what the word means. Him and Malick are called pretentious all the time yet they are both extremely soulful and honest directors.

really?
tell me what this movie is about

you don't know what that word means

You have to admit that Patricia Arquette is hot in that movie though

Retard

Why do Lynch fans pretend to hate Lynch on Yea Forums?

Does anybody have the Lynch copypasta song saved? It's something about we are Lynch fans or some shit like that.

apparently it's a fairly effective way to get a thread going.

Attached: 1498260513507.jpg (720x720, 69K)

We've watched the films of generations
To David Lynch, none compares
We spread his art across the film buff nation
Besting everyone everywhere.

We're Lynch fans forever, Lynch fans together
We're family, but so much more
No matter what comes, we will face the weather
We're Lynch fans to the core

Eeyup.

There's no place that I'd rather be
Than watchin' Lynch with my family
Friends all around come to join and see
As we rewatch Eraserhead!

Surrealist plots, layers thick as thieves
Any cliché he discards with ease
He's here for the art of it, through thick and thin
You're always welcome with your Kino kin
Wheeeeee!

You're more fun than the films of Finch'
Or the coolest scenes of the best Kubrick
The love I feel here is swim, not sink
As we spread Lynch across this land

kek

Kek, thanks.

I liked her in this, a right saucy milf

Attached: 1d1a86.jpg (1280x536, 79K)

Tailgater scene is mega based

Lynch is based in general. Is there even a more based director alive right now? Him and Malick are the most based i would say.

Herzog is pretty based, and an interesting character, though I have to admit I don't like his work nearly as much

I like the facy that he almost never cast blacks.

I really like her teeth desu

Herzog is a pretentious hack, his only good films are the ones with Klaus Kinski because Kinski is such a god-tier actor. And even so his Nosferatu is just a cheap ripoff.

>not falling for the chiclet look
based

this. Lynch is a direct artist. he has zero pretension. he just comes up with crazy ideas and splurts them out everywhere. there's no real hidden meaning behind any of it. it's just pure art. people think that because something is a bit weird that it automatically must have some hidden meaning and thus render themselves incapable of appreciating an artist like lynch

She's hot in every movie. The woman is a literal goddess, even today

This, without the people to be called LYNCHED the threads die really early. Turns out that the LYNCHED are the blood of david lynch threads, ironically enough.

I agree. She has some great scenes in this.

Why are underage twitter niggers so afraid of writing fuck

Once you realize all the lynch movies are about him reminiscing of his crimes, everything becomes clear

Reminder that Lynch has a fucking cult
Raped his daughter
Killed jack nance and his wife
Responsible for the deaths of many twin peaks actors that died recently because they knew too much
Raped Amber Tamblyn (which is why she's such a psycho nowadays)
Ruined Robert Blake's life.
Started this whole weinstein thing. He's friends with Ashley Judd who was one of the first who started this whole thing....Laura Dern, another one of his cult member and a bitch, his biggest plant in the industry now (was in the fucking biggest movie of the year) Charlyne Yi...the list goes fucking on. Lynch is a fucking devil.
His movies includes the evil people as well...Jeremy R Lindholm fucking murdered his girlfriend, robert knepper was recently accused of rape and shit, probably because he dared to criticize lynch in one his orgies. Jim Belushi, who fucking killed his brother and is a vocal supporter of Roman Polanski (Lynch too btw)

Lynch is the greatest conman and the devil of hollywood. All his movies are fucking biopics of his own doings.

Hi Mike, how's the weather down there?

So he went with a lawnmower to see his dying brother?

>af
fuck off zoomer

These days people seem to use pretentious to mean 'hipster-y'

Just watched it. Wtf is this about then? A lot of the stuff in this film I'd personally cringe at putting in myself, like the photo changing, and the reverse exploding cabin.

Jealous husband, psychogenic fugue, OJ Simpson, devil. There are many possible answers to this film.

Where do I start with Lynch’s work?

Blue Velvet and Elephant Man are accessible.

I was thinking that parts were a dream and parts were real, but you never know which bits are which. The way he wakes up from having a conversation with his wife about having a dream - a common enough dream. They way things kind of make sense in a dream, but the gaps are either left unfilled or filled in with things that don't make logical sense.

This is terrible pasta. It's like three weak burns wrapped in five paragraphs of shit. If the chorus is shit it doesn't get better the more times you repeat it.

Don't

Elephant Man is a straight conventional biopic as far as I can remember. Start there. Or Eraserhead.

Dune

Based. Love the theme tune
youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5VP3of-dA

DUDE it's totally open to interpretation LMAO
But you're dumb for presumably not interpreting it in a valid manner!
My interpretation? Well that's beside the point.

Attached: 1254063996972.jpg (284x423, 24K)

Six Men Getting Sick

If you make abbreviations you force the reader to use their own inner voice and they identify with that more because, who wouldn't? It's fake, manufactured, reaffirmation.

I think the beginning is real life. He kills his wife, he is kind of unstable then he imagine he is Pete. He has idyllic life, has the woman who he loves. Then he finds out her secret now the reality and imagination blur. Was he only imagining that his wife was a whore so he could justify what he did to her? Or was it really that way. He found out about her and killed Eddy and then her. At the end he is electrocuted in the chair. The mystery man might have represented jealousy. He might have been evil/devil. That's why he doesn't go where he is not invited. There are many possible interpretations.

He is right tho. He shouldn't explain the film, then he kills other possible theories and sucks the fun out of it.

>At the end he is electrocuted in the chair
I like that, although I wouldn't want to box myself into thinking he did actually kill his wife

first half hour or so is genuinely one of the most terrifying set-ups in film history, though i don't really care for the movie as a whole

It's absolutely creepy. Jumpscares used well.

Bump

If you use af after every adjective you need to be shot in the face, especially if you’re white

Mulholland Drive is better.

Attached: 91JWvb6BSML._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 791K)

Cinema used to make me so uneasy, easy.
But Lynch made it all so easy, easy.
Don't make more shitty films, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!
He always makes kinos without even blinking

His films are the highlight of my year
The Kubrick that doesn't BORE ME TO TEARS!
He is the broth of my Ramen soup
He made Dune, but that was a fluke!

Lynch fans!
Until the end of time
Lynch makes the greatest films
Of all-the-freaking-time!
And that's because everything we need is all right here
In a Lynch movie!

I simple can't imagine there'd be a day
When David Lynch eventually passes away
SURE he may have some "duds", yeah, maybe, maybe
Everything he made is still a great masterpiece.

They are the jewels in the Pulp Fiction case
The Truck in the Mad Max car race
He brings the best films, that's his goal
There's no telling how kino he'll go!

Lynch fans!
Until the end of time!
Lynch makes the greatest films
Of all-the-freaking-time!
And that's because everything we need is all right here
In a Lynch movie!

Attached: 1534541385988.jpg (124x124, 3K)

>the broth of my Ramen soup
is this a term of expression? I've never heard anyone say this before.

Where'd all this rape his daughter stuff get it's legs from? Have always been interested but could never find anything beyond a sentence here or there stating there's rumours he raped his daughter.

LYNCHED

The movie IS his interpretation though. What other material do you want to go with it?

The midget from twin peaks wanted more money for season 3 and lynch said no so he started spreading rumors about lynch being a psycho murderer rapist especially for his daughter and jack nance
The real redpill is that david lynch makes tons of references to the dark/occult/mkultra side of hollywood