What are some other Martial Arts Tournament movies besides Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport?

What are some other Martial Arts Tournament movies besides Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport?

Attached: etd.jpg (2032x1508, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIYL5xKI2I
youtube.com/watch?v=f8LDqVKZoag
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

There's like 3 or 4 Bloodsport sequels. Kickboxer for more Jean Claude shenanigans. Mortal Kombat.

best of the best

Fearless. Solid Jet Li flick.

are the sequels any good though?
Seen fearless, was ok

The Quest is great.

Good enough for 90s direct-to-VHS schlock.

these sound kino, but are the koreans the bad guys?

In The Quest, the big bad guy is a giant Mongolian who looks like a Turk I think. Def not Korean though.

Attached: sidekicks.jpg (1983x2922, 615K)

The one that started it all, Master of the Flying Guillotine.

fun flick

Attached: 81NJC56ag8L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 29K)

the koreans are the bad guys in best of the best yeah

Fearless is good. It has a lot of great fights in it. The fighters are like Street Fighter stereotypes.

Attached: Fearless-2006-film-images-9e34ab6b-bc6c-4226-b311-499781bfaae.jpg (780x439, 75K)

Police Story series
Drunken Master (1978)
Armour of God (1986)
Rumble in the Bronx (1995)
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (1978)
Ong-Bak (2003)
Mortal Kombat (1995)
Triple Threat (2019)
Kickboxer (1989)
Hard Target (1993)
Timecop (1994)
Universal Soldier (1992)
Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (2012)
Double Impact (1991)
Under Siege (1992)
Once Upon a Time in China (1991)
Ip Man (2008)
Flash Point (2007)
Iron Monkey (1993)
Blade I/II
Eagle vs. Silver Fox (1980)
Undisputed series
Ninja (2009)
Accident Man (2018)

watch this op its fucking great
that's not a tournament movie

kind of a shame since I do south korean MA but fuck it

I've seen most of these, was asking for tournament movies but thanks
also Ip man is hot overrated garbage

i thought there was a tournament in the movie

ok here is another one

Attached: the-karate-kid-part-ii-md-web.jpg (640x923, 86K)

Bruce Lee or Jim Brown should have fought Bolo and John Saxon should have died

another Van Damme movie

Attached: MV5BZGYzZDQ2ZWItNjE4ZS00ZTgzLTk3ZjctZjAwZDUyM2I4Nzg5L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ@@._V1 (630x1200, 154K)

unironically kino, but only 1 and 3 have tournaments.

did most of this thread like not read the ops post at all?

>roger moore
kek what's he doing here

He plays a dashing rogue treasure hunter conspiring with JCVD.

Are you sure you wouldn't be better off on Yea Forums?

There was that one film where Keanu Reeves was the villain.

Man of Tai Chi is one of the best MA movies I've ever seen and is seriously fucking underrated

Attached: efa92d24-dd70-46b9-8538-b17cbff28ab4_1.cb55d8e161c1cd2d316f82bbdfd1f052.jpg (450x450, 41K)

Undisputed 3
Never Back Down 2

Completely forgotten I'd even seen that. Good movie.

There's also Tekken f you want to go down the route of awful live action fighting movies.

some of the fights in Tekken were pretty decent desu

Fuck yeah, one of the few fighting movies to put Sumo in a good light

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIYL5xKI2I

It's funny because both of the current Yokozunas are Mongolian and the GOAT of Sumo is Mongolian.

As long as it wasn't Jin, yes.
The casting was great though.

Attached: TekkenMovie3[1].jpg (583x390, 64K)

>As long as it wasn't Jin
the Jin vs Miguel fight was probably the best in the movie, guy playing Jin also had a good fight in the Protector, casting was shit outside of pic related though

My favourite.
If you want a film where the protagonist has to work through a series of gimmicky fights, Five Elements Ninja works very well too.

The casting was great in terms of how they looked like the actual characters, unlike a lot of other live action movies. I can excuse Heihachi not looking like the character since it's hard to be that buff and old at the same time.
My biggest problem with Jin is that he gets his shit kicked in until he thinks about his mama every fucking time.

>My biggest problem with Jin is that he gets his shit kicked in until he thinks about his mama every fucking time.
Yeah it was cliche, but I more meant the choreography itself. And that's true, I did like Heihachi, Jin looked ok too I guess but shit like Steve and Christie were completely different.

Ironic that Jin is a lower class peoples champion when in the games he becomes a ruthless dictator.

Fuck Tekken 6 and 7. I thought the story couldn't go any lower than 6, but then the abysmal story in 7 came out. It didn't even have the fun character ending cutscenes like the other ones.

Attached: karatekid.jpg (1300x1733, 318K)

This was extraordinary good,
if you consider it is based on a franchise which main feature are the realistic boob animations of the female leads, which prance around half naked during beach volleyball matches in their free time.

Story peaked with 4, but I liked what they did with Jins character in 6, gave him more depth. Not that he was bad before but now he was more than Tekken's Ryu.

Lars Alisa and all that other garbage in 6 was trash though, and 7 was only good for the final fight. I really hope they bring back the King of Iron Fist in 8 and Kaz v Jin is a Martial Arts fight not retarded devil shit.

Attached: jin1.png (229x404, 6K)

Everyone always forgets about Lionheart.
youtube.com/watch?v=f8LDqVKZoag

Best martial arts movie

>get all hyped for the boxer in the tournament
>he just gives away his invitation and leaves
wtf

You know, the whole CHINA STRONK thing is hilarious, considering Western martial artists blew them out of the water in any fight that is recorded. And there's not many. I think the founder of Yiquan claimed to have beat a boxer with a weird name that made the Olympics later and won a medal, but the problem is that the only guy who fits the description was like 12 in the year of the fight. And it's all like that.

However, the whole Westerner vs Kung Fu master thing is such a popular cliché, there have to have been fights like that. I dunno. It's all bullshit.

I mean even Bruce Lee ended up thinking kung-fu and wing chun was shit and started learning other stuff like grappling from gene

Never Back Down.
Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown
Never Back Down 3.
The Cirtcuit (piece of trash).
Kickboxer (based).

(continued because after reading this thread I was reminded of some more that I forgot I watched)
Man of Tai Chi (awesome choreography)
Karate Kid Part 1.
Undisputed 2
Undisputed 3.
That's all the MA tournament movies I've seen that are worth mentioning.
Also Fearless doesn't count everyone.

What do you mean "even Bruce Lee". That was his whole thing, discarding what is useless and taking only what is useful. Which is why his style heavily borrowed from western martial arts

I worded it like that because he's the default "China Stronk" guy

He meant what he meant you autist cazzie

Doesnt Fearless end with a tournament?

Vision Quest

Yeah but from what I recall the tournament is hardly present in the film. I think it opens with it and ends with it, but the film is hardly about it. (that's the way I remember feeling about it).

I've heard people call Gorgeous an action movie, I'd say this is fine too.

Apart from the fap material, Eric was the best part of this movie.

Attached: 006DOA_Eric_Roberts_014.jpg (852x480, 55K)

kek