3x3 thread. I just chose what I find fun and enjoyable, so no "le epic kino" that Yea Forums likes to circlejerk...

3x3 thread. I just chose what I find fun and enjoyable, so no "le epic kino" that Yea Forums likes to circlejerk. What's the point in watching something if you're not going to enjoy it?

Attached: BeFunky-collage.jpg (3264x3264, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MZw_Iv0wdU
youtube.com/watch?v=LGHiew5fDZA
youtube.com/watch?v=pNUc7_JWk5E
rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-pixote-1981
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you shouldn't feel insecure about what you like

basically like these were your favourite movies in high school 8 years ago and your taste hasn't changed.

>thor ragnarok
>gifted
>8 years ago
keep being a soulless husk who says they enjoy movies so they conform to the standards of people he doesn't know on a tibetan basket weaving board

two of those movies are only two years old

Attached: 9 kinographie.png (1350x900, 3.37M)

more fun than I thought

Attached: blehbleh.jpg (3264x3264, 1.81M)

Thank god summer's almost over.

"fucking kids enjoying a medium that is meant to entertain you don't you know that only true movie watchers enjoy boring foreign films in a vain attempt to look sophisticated"

Best Harry Potter, good job op

Insecure

>Mid right
Cringe

based

Have you watched movies that aren't mainstream or pleb shit?

fucks
doesn't fuck

>What's the point in watching something if you're not going to enjoy it?
What are some movies that you didn't enjoy?

kinda based but bluepilled

why are 3x3 threads always dying? no one interested anymore?

they do fine sometimes. maybe it's cause you don't do anything to draw people in, yesterday there was a pretty good thread where the OP challenged everyone to make a grid out of the best movies they saw this year.
the thread actually 404'd before I made mine, but I might as well post it now. would've made a 3x3, but I didn't have the other 2 movies I wanted screenshots from. pic related.
and your own grid is pretty low effort, and your post is insecure and passive aggressive for no reason. you should never assume people who post things you find intimidating for one reason or another, are only pretending to enjoy them.
the OP sets the tone for the thread, and clearly your thread isn't very inviting to people who usually post in these threads. I assume I am replying to OP, but if not, whatever, the point still stands

Attached: 4andThree.jpg (1142x1142, 574K)

bump

bump

What do you want?

bump

here's one I did for best (non golden age hollywood) westerns

Attached: WesternCore.jpg (3264x3264, 2.3M)

Attached: FilmGrid.jpg (3238x3264, 3.58M)

thanks man let me google search the images and find the movies on my own

Attached: Where+are+your+brainlet+images+fj_d237bc_6691842.jpg (692x800, 73K)

fuck off loser

OP from yesterday's thread here, what this user said is correct. 3x3 threads are a golden egg; if you want them to hatch into a golden goose then you need to cultivate them a little bit. This means finding the right time to post them, coming up with an OP that both draws people in and isn't discouraging to people insecure about their taste, and then of course curating the thread for hours to make sure it stays bumped and conversation is interesting. You do all of this right, you'll find yourself in some of the best threads on Yea Forums. 90% of the films I've watched and loved over the past few months have been films recommended to me from 3x3 threads, and the majority of them have been "le epic kino" arthouse films that you sneer at.

So far everything that OP here has done has been incorrect.
>spoonfeeding people with names of films, encouraging no curiosity
>posting the thread at bumfuck midnight on a tuesday
>writing a passive-aggressive OP dripping with insecurity and no willfulness to expand his taste
>seems to have all but vanished from the thread after posting except to make pity bumps like
Posting pleb shit was a pretty smart move though. It both pisses off the arthouse crowd enough to make them post and validates the entry-level crowd to give them the confidence to. Your thread might actually succeed if you put in some effort.

Attached: 3x3 whatever.png (945x945, 1.16M)

Someone have those really pretentious 3x3 that'll make me look like a cinephile?

>not knowing entry level westerns

Attached: 1517429337730.png (645x729, 74K)

Make your own, it’s easy. Unless you legitimately don’t know any actual good films.

>watching westerns

Attached: 1561387689253.jpg (313x286, 32K)

you are an absolute faggot and should definitely be insecure about your choices
kino town
great choices
based

Attached: 3by333e6.jpg (920x920, 267K)

Attached: mosaic5fcf4a5b531bd3d1f99c0554e2d7969cadecdfeb.jpg (920x920, 236K)

This whole 'people must just be PRETENDING to like [films on their 3x3]' is the biggest pleb cope I've ever seen

I liked The Mist and Fargo.
What's top-mid?

The guy who makes Ghibli music is so good, I specifically like the music for the one in your pic.

Didn't mean to quote. Nice westerns.

Whenever I see Aguirre, I always also think about Valhalla Rising.

yeah that was like 2011 Yea Forums meta psued days
>L'Ascension Du Chevalier

:^)

Reposting my 2019 one from last thread since someone asked for top row and I never got a chance to answer:
>Death of Yazdgerd
>Nail in the Boot
>Bérénice (1983)

Attached: 1565650932189.jpg (940x940, 617K)

secondary school kino :-)

>watching films
>in 2019

Attached: 160927210830-tk-ah0927-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 37K)

I suggest you take heed of this post Nice one. I should rewatch The Wizard of Oz, only saw it a couple of times when I was a kid.

Once Upon a Time in the West is so fucking good. This is so eerie and the opening scene is one of my favorite things Leone has done.
youtube.com/watch?v=6MZw_Iv0wdU

The Assassination of Jesse James by Coward Robert Ford is surprisingly underrated considering what a brilliant movie it is, shame that it's hardly brought up as much as its rivals, that, of course, being NCFOM and TWBB. And that train robbery sequence really awed me when I saw the movie, as did Pitt's and Casey's performances.
youtube.com/watch?v=LGHiew5fDZA

Attached: CurrentGrid.jpg (3264x3264, 1.49M)

>frogposting
>2019

Attached: 1564421693765.png (326x311, 175K)

The top middle one seems awfully familiar, what's it called?

2/2

4/4

0/1

0/0

3.5/4

2/3

4/6
>Aguirre
Based, I've been thinking of including that one but I have to rewatch it before I decide.

1/1

0/0

2.5/3

Give me some recs based on my grid, anons

Attached: mosaic159487ce0f016302802228fa9a04747bfa8f495f.jpg (920x920, 361K)

Hey guys, why do people like Kubrick so much? I've seen a lot of people put his stuff on their images but I don't know why they're so well regarded.
I've watched 2001: A Space Odyssey since that's the one to watch. But it wasn't very good. It's a pretty movie a lot of the time and Kubrick put a lot of effort into making the shots look nice, but it was hopeless as a story. The first 10 minutes is men in monkey costumes dancing around a big black rectangle. It's supposed to represent evolution, but it lays it on so heavily that it's almost as if it's signalling to normal people that they're going to hate the rest of the movie.
The part with the HAL going rogue is a cool idea, but nothing we haven't seen in sci-fi before. I'm sure there's both a Ray Bradbury and an Isaac Asimov short story on that idea. The ending of the movie is another dead horse. Death and rebirth. I get it. The whole ordeal is so incredibly boring and forces profundity upon the audience in a similar way to teenagers that just figured what symbolism is try to sell The Matrix as a masterpiece because Neo is like Jesus.
Please explain to me, bros. I want to know why he's so well regarded.

Attached: real life kino.png (1350x900, 3.06M)

I don't like Kubrick.

>2.5/3
What's this supposed to mean? Watch Blow Up or L'Avventura.

I don't care about your opinion if you don't like him. I don't like him, either. I want to hear from people that do.

Attached: 1565506034654.jpg (1520x1080, 198K)

Wow, rude!

0.5 is for "Eyes Wide Shut" as I didn't find it that good, it's definitely one of Kubrick's weakest movies.
>L'Avventura
Watched it, it was shit. I'll check out Blow Up, though. Thanks for the recs.

what do these ratings mean? is the second digit how many of them you've seen?

>Playtime
That was pure kino

Yes, usually the rankings would go liked/seen.

>what do these ratings mean
First time being in a 3x3 thread? Or in Yea Forums in general? Enjoying your stay here, lad?
movies liked/movies watched

Au contraire, Eyes Wide Shut is Kubrick at his finest.

Because he's the best.

>at his finest
Wrong. Kubrick's best movies are Barry Lyndon and Dr. Strangelove.

>I should rewatch The Wizard of Oz
When you rewatch, keep in mind that in the original book, the ruby slippers were silver shoes, and that they walk on the yellow (gold) brick road. The story is a fantastic criticism of capitalism, down to every important character. Poor Frank L Baum was ripped off very hard by the Rockefellers and wrote one of the most effective and well loved stories in response.

Attached: judy garland the wizard of oz 2.jpg (1186x1600, 314K)

Tell me how much of a normie I am

Attached: 3x3_favorites.png (900x900, 1.58M)

>Dreams
Absolutely based

>napoleon
You're a comfy lad

Will keep it in mind, thanks for the heads up.

There's no right or wrong here, though. There's my favorite and your favorite. With that being said, I'd personally go with Paths of Glory and Eyes Wide Shut as his two greatest achievements.

Attached: 1950B712-D8FB-45B9-9F43-93509CAF0B57.jpg (1500x1500, 375K)

What are the movies in mid left and bottom mid?

I'm ashamed to admit that it's the only Kurosawa film I've seen... I'd like to get around to watching his other more popular films at some point

Also make sure you've seen Kagemusha, which is both his best and most underrated movie, and Ran.

Start with Seven Samurai, user. Then you can watch Rashomon, Yojimbo, Ran and some other of his more famous ones. His lesser known ones like Stray Dog are also great.

Robocop
Koyaanisqatsi

>>>reddit

High and Low is great too.

Yojimbo isn't that great, he should see Throne of Blood instead and leave his lesser work for later.

How does Yojimbo compare to A Fistful of Dollars?

It's better, but only because AFoD plagiarized it considerably, so much so that Kurosawa sued Leone for it.

Attached: 3x3 kino.jpg (1250x1250, 1.01M)

Tried to get my all time favorites from across genres, how pleb am I?

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3014x1714, 875K)

he didnt sue they came to an agreement over letters that Kurosawa would get 20% royalties for Fistfuls japanese release

Then I wrongly remember reading about it, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to sue him for it.

What's bottom middle? Any animated movie with bikes reminds me of Nasu: Summer in Andalusia

he wanted to at first but it was a pretty mutually respectful relatioship by the conclusion of the deal

Last one I made, mine tends to change slightly every time I make one.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (2048x2048, 683K)

Aight, thanks for correcting me.

tripletes of belleville, very nice movie
also watch the illusionist from the same team

glad you were respectful and open to listen, have a good one

What's bottom mid?

What's the middle left one? It's the only one I'm not familiar with. Btw, saw Passion earlier in February and absolutely loved it. What a fucking performance from Renée Jeanne Falconetti.

What's mid and mid right?

Can you name the movies? I only recognize EoE and Waterloo.

>triplets
>illusionist
Those were some great western animation. Shame not a lot of western animation of that quality.

I really like your decision to present your 3x3 in 4:3, allowing several films to be entirely uncroppeed and others to not lose as much of the framing.

Lawrence of Arabia is my all time favourite, and I really need to watch the Flynn version of Robin Hood, loved Tyrone Power in Zoro.

Outstanding taste. I really need to watch Paris Texas, it's on a streaming service I've got but I need to find the time.

the master and antichrist

The Errol Flynn Robin Hood is the only version I recommend to people. It keeps the message of Saxon vs Norman, instead of perverting it into "steal from the rich give to the poor" or "fight against tyrannical government" that the American political propagandists try and spin. Errol Flynn is incredibly fun to watch. He looks like he's enjoying his character.
The Disney Robin Hood is furry shit. The Ridley Scott version is blockbuster rubbish. Men in Tights is unfunny Mel Brooks "humour". The Kevin Costner one was far too weird with its setting.

just some stuff I like

Attached: 3x33.jpg (900x900, 140K)

How the fuck can you enjoy Stan Helsing? That movie is just fucking abysmal.

Attached: This Took 12 Years To Make.jpg (3264x3264, 2.81M)

I watched Men Who Stare at Goats the other day. What a nightmare of a movie.

The Jolson Story. It's a rather sentimental musical biopic of Al Jolson held together by one of the most charismatic performances I've ever seen. Larry Parks would have been a far bigger star if not for the House Un-American Activities Committee, his chemistry with William Demarest is just wonderful.

I'll need to try that, Passion of Joan of Arc is all I've seen of her.

Quint is the best, shame the movie didn't end with all 3 of them making it and singing "Farewell and adue to you, Spanish ladies".

I dunno, I guess I just like schlock.

Never heard of it, but sounds interesting so I'll check it out in the future.

There's schlock, and then there's fucking garbage. Have you seen Street Trash?

Here,
Of all these I'd recommend Pixote. About juvenile delinquency and the criminal justice system in late 1970s Brazil. Absolutely gut wrenching of a movie, the 400 Blows of Brazil where the stakes are far higher.
The kid playing Pixote got real famous after the film was released, but he was from the favelas and was illiterate, so he couldn't read scrips and couldn't hold an acting job. Got shot a couple years later when he returned to crime.
On YouTube but no subs
youtube.com/watch?v=pNUc7_JWk5E
And Roger Ebert loved it
rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-pixote-1981

Attached: 3x3 named.jpg (3014x1714, 952K)

Attached: 3x3_tv.jpg (3264x3264, 3.63M)

Jolson user here, my favourite part of Street Trash is when they just forgot about the killer booze for like an hour.

Sounds fantastic.

>letterboxing a 3x3
This one always cracks me up

What are the movies in bottom left, bottom mid and bottom right?

pepe will always be the current standard

My favorite part was all the effort put into make up and shit, they really did a great job at it. All the kills looked really gory in the best way possible, especially that toilet scene.

Daniel Radcliffe looks drunk af on this pic

Attached: 1466003062657.jpg (900x900, 193K)

Cloud Atlas, Manchester by the Sea and Tropic Thunder.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (920x920, 255K)

Where is Christina Ricci? Terrible 3x3.

For the last spot I can't decide - which should I choose?
> The story of 'O'
> X-men

Attached: hugs and kisses.jpg (969x971, 202K)

mulholland drive

Attached: mulholland-drive-podcast-review.jpg (779x521, 138K)

I knew it was something of Lynch's, thanks for the response.

a scanner darkly? havent seen yet but love linklater movies like waking life. is it worth seeing?

Yes

tv shows ok?

Attached: tv.jpg (750x750, 102K)

First season of Legion was real fun.

i dont know much about Linklater but this one is brilliant

I loved it but I haven't kept up. Worth driving into s02?

I stopped half way because it went too far up its own ass, but I need to pick it up again.

Attached: iPiccy-collage.jpg (2000x2000, 2.05M)

What are top right and bottom right?

>Lillian Gish instead of Miriam Cooper

In the bottom left moron

I can't wait for the third season of Dark, I hope they can keep the quality high now that they added the alternate universes bit.

Which of the other series in your 3x3 would you recommend most?

Bottom right is The Grey, don't know about top right.

the departed lol

He puts unprecedented amount of focus into detail. Also, does not categorize himself, but tries myriad of genres and excels at all. I liked 2001, mainly due to coming up with my own explanation for the ending and being content with it. I think that's what Kubrick aimed for, reflection on the film, not the book or script.
Personally, I don't rate Kubrick that high, but I understand why many do.

Attached: msc1.jpg (1536x1536, 558K)

Titles? I only recognize "The Mirror".

Whats so bad about the sunset limited?

It's shallow as fuck. If you want an actual debate on the topics the movie is about, you go and read some literature.
Also, it doesn't help that the atheist guy is le smart science man.

why in the everloving fuck would you waste your life watching shitty television when there's so much kino out there?

Attached: 1515876249645.jpg (348x449, 21K)

what's upper right? asking for my dick

Honorable mentions:
The Hulk 2003
The Road
Le Samourai
Unicorn Store

Attached: mosaice6af6d47772777f2900343b7176cfb7152f60a1a.jpg (920x920, 226K)

We'll have to disagree. I thought it was well written and clever. A fight between hope and nihilism, yeah you can read a book that does more justice to the topics and even the play was better than the movie, but that can be said for literally any movie, no?

>but that can be said for literally any movie, no
That depends on the themes and how the movie approaches it.

Utter kino.

Titles?

Top left to right
1. Excalibur
2. Event Horizon
3. Alien
4. Princess Mononoke
5. Rope
6. The Wizard of Oz
7. Se7en
8. Rebel Without a Cause
9. The 13th Warrior

Mononoke can be replaced with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre depending on my mood.

The 13th warrior is such an underrated movie

The way the melt is just fantastic.

Up there with Predator 2 and Halloween 3 for me.

Not too bad for a briefag.

YIKES

It's been shifting towards Starlightfag as of late. We'll see if I transition fully. But pic related is forever top waifu.

Attached: A-4483047-1462008732-6329.jpeg.jpg (600x769, 96K)

If anyone can, I'd like a film from your own home country that you like.
>Mirror, Innocence, Autumn Sonata
>Whisper of the Heart, Life is Beautiful, Woman Under the Influence
>The Passion of Joan of Arc, The Road Home, Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left For the East?

Attached: mscf.jpg (1675x1500, 1.46M)

Word.

it's adapted from a whorish hypocritical book written by a douchebag but the result is fascinating
the scene with the Kinder ad is one of the most important thing cinema ever produced

Attached: MV5BM2IyOGQ2OGYtODZiZC00ODVhLTliMTAtODlmNDA0ODRiMGYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc1NDA2OA@@._V1_SY1000_SX750_AL (750x1000, 196K)

top right is Moon

>t's adapted from a whorish hypocritical book written by a douchebag
what do u min

Lijepa sela lijepo gore

What are the titles? I recognize only top right, top mid and bottom mid.

hold on is it about favorite shots or favorite films?

Attached: tasteallovertheplace.png (1876x1038, 2.61M)

Attached: Mosaic 27-Feb-19.jpg (900x900, 160K)

The latter.

Kolya is fucking great, watched it again two months ago and loved it even more. That scene with Kolya bathing and trying to call his grandma was so fucking sad, man.

both, if you're smart. the best 3x3s are the ones where people put effort into finding interesting caps.

I see you are a fellow Kino master. Can I see yours (I showed you mine teehee)

here friendo

reddit is that way

Dead center is Black Moon, the other two bottom ones are The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and Zazie dans le Metro, which is actually from the same director as Black Moon