Theatrical > Final > Redux

Theatrical > Final > Redux

Attached: 91d65a85-80a7-4923-a04b-8551579f9072.jpg (800x1210, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aH4r3kGEjZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did none of you fuckers see the final cut yet??

what are the differences between them

fuckers

i just saw it and didn't even realise it was an entirely new cut. assumed they were just screening it for the 40th anniversary. it's got stuff from redux like the french plantation and then some new scenes too. as with redux i think the added bits kill the pacing and atmosphere that the theatrical cut nails.

Attached: 220x320_ec2b0dda66e305cfbac41e79c0414ef0.jpg (220x320, 15K)

i thought the soundtrack had a bit of a silent hill vibe to it in parts and apparently the electronic stuff was inspired by a japanese ambient composer

Attached: 1435103397215.gif (284x210, 488K)

just got back from seeing the final cut, first time seeing any version.
how drastic are the changes?

Final > Redux > Theatrical

it's got fewer added scenes than the redux but still has the stupid surfboard stealing scenes and the french plantation which wrecks the pacing (a bit). watch the theatrical when you can

no

Prove me wrong.

theatrical cut is a more cohesive film than either of the other cuts

They're all cohesive. Final has all the best parts.

surfboard stealing doesn't fit willard or kilgore, french plantation scene fucks with the pacing.

the plantation has some redeemable qualities but it harms the flow of the film

>muh pacing

I gonna need to watch the theatrical now because you guys meme'd it so much

i will never forgive crappola for releasing this le final cut. at least he coulde have added new mythical scenes a la the monkey sampan but nah, just cut the 2nd bunnies scene bro. and then wrap it up. also 4k inherently sucks.

Didn’t he add anything that wasn’t in Redux?

5 hour workprint is absolute shit quality but if it was restored it'd definitely be the best cut. the only cut to really nail in how dreadful the whole trip is.
haven't seen the final cut, i think everyone prefers theatrical
yeah, the workprint consists entirely of doors music but the one plane scene uses music by japanese composer tomita, who just recently passed without any recognition. the finished soundtrack obviously takes cues with the really atmospheric synth stuff
the use of his work is based, 2 minutes in youtu.be/aH4r3kGEjZY

pacing is pretty important, particularly in a movie like this

Great movie, but I liked the French plantation scene. It provides some background to the wars in Vietnam, Willard gets some pussy and we learn he's not going back to America.

I personally prefer Redux and always have, but the issue with pacing is legit so I understand perfectly why it's not for everyone.

anyone from /ttg/ notice the name of the PBR?

was it the first cut you watched?

Attached: 31de03cf7d3f4a9a56a481ad8b896e8e.jpg (1600x1095, 253K)

No, what's different about it.

theatrical is perfect, who wants to see that bunnies scene or the plantation scene in it, goes against the flow and atmosphere thats established

It’s a bunch of pretentious bull-crap. And Willard has to go back to America, just as Marlowe goes back to England.

>uses music by japanese composer tomita, who just recently passed without any recognition. the finished soundtrack obviously takes cues with the really atmospheric synth stuff
awesome. just been reading about him. i'd never noticed the SH vibe off the music before so i wonder is there anything different in the final cut

do they really not mention michael herr or dispatches in the documentary?

Attached: 51tHxiY1y+L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 26K)

FUCK YOU I LIKED THE REDUX
THE FRENCH PLANTATION IS KINO AHHHHHHHH

No, I saw the original in the theater.

It's really far more of an influence on platoon/full metal jacket than AN.

This

Is the Final Cut good for a first time?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x816, 193K)