IMDb message boards

Why the fuck did they remove them? It was the best place for online film discussion (usually) and the main reason I used IMDb in the first place

What the fuck is the point of the site now? All it is is a slightly less-shitty rottentomatoes

Attached: imdb-screenshot-1-1[1].jpg (633x201, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moviechat.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven’t been to IMDB in years

disney killed it because sw

It was my homepage for years. It was cool having ratings, trivia, information about the film, full list of the cast, etc along with being able to discuss movies basically made it the perfect site for me. Now I have to use it in conjunction with this board and it sucks

People use this site for any reason other than to find out the cast of things you were watching?

see

Come on, that's just stupid. Disney doesn't even own IMDb

because they were a messy shit, and had nothing to do with the core of the site?

Archive and still alive:
moviechat.org/

How were they messy?
>and had nothing to do with the core of the site?
Who the fuck cares? It was a nice addition many people loved and there was no fucking point in removing it

Following your logic, all non-anime boards should be removed from this site because they don't have anything to do with the "core of this site"

Yes, but with many of these ressurection attempts, only a small amount of people know about it. It will never have the same amount of people as on the IMDb message boards.

It is useful for lurking some of the old threads so I'm grateful for that.

>disney killed it because sw
Truth

This is a preemptive strike to silence critics of Star Wars IX.

(((Disney))) knows they can control the narrative, if they silence free speech. They have faith in their hype machine to get people to go see the movie as long as all the 'professional' reviews are glowing. Once the word of mouth gets out that it sucks, it will be too late. They will already have the average moviegoer's money.

We've seen this all before.

Attached: TLJ.jpg (743x308, 67K)

Man, I didn't even have an account there but those message boards were so comfy to read. It's nice finding out opinions about specific movies or fan theories or whatever. I really wish they would show the traffic before and after they removed it

Because it allowed people to shit on movies and hollywood executives didnt like that.
Its easy to control numbers, but not easy to control what people say, removing it completely removes the problem.

Same reason why lefty news site removed comments so you cant read users calling out their lies.

The discussion of the markers Ben Affleck was using in ‘The Accountant’ was Kino.

Attached: 16688B2E-010F-43AC-98AD-E6CB36C88868.jpg (184x273, 11K)

How the fuck are hollywood executives gonna do shit about a website like this? Rottentomatoes kind of makes sense because that one is actually from a major studio. But IMDb is owned by Amazon. What the fuck do they care that some people shit on movies by a company they don't have anything to do with

a lot of CGI is done using AWS resources. AWS is the most profitable thing amazon owns. There's absolutely no way they want to risk hollywood contracts.

I figure it was the American Psycho message board, it got way out of hand.

Maybe since Bezos is part of those social circles that try to set the political narrative in the society?
Giving the pleb a platform to voice their opinion is bad, they goy might start to get ideas.

DVDs and BluRay discs have to be one of the easiest and cheapest things for Amazon to store, package, and ship out to customers.
Media mail shipping rates are already some of the lowest shipping rates, and Amazon likely has way lower rates than this due to their deal with USPS.
The DVD packaging usually isn’t ultra fragile, and is small enough that they can store a crapload of discs on a shelf.
Divital download sales to customers is likely even cheaper still.
The Studios could have banded together to demand Amazon pull the discussion forums with the threat of pulling movie distribution from Amazon, or also pulling content from Prime video.

Yes part of this startegy is also warning people about spoiler. They pulled this trick with Endgame, go watch it on first week so you don't get spoiled. Turns out there was nothing to spoil, the story was dumb and predictable. Disney was worried about the word of mouth becuse the moie is a fucking stinker.

By threatening to limit access to Disney products.
Hey Amazon you ordered 10,000 Frozen 2 Funkos - sorry we only have 50 to send you.

Attached: frozen-2-toys--merch.png (775x600, 462K)

I wish they had imported the boards for actors and not just movies.

Because people were trashing movies and exposing how the reviews were fake and paid-for. Black Panther the highest rated film of all time? Yeah that's definitely not organic.

It's such an obvious scam and lie that I'm shocked anybody could look at something like that and conclude we still live in a free society.

Attached: 1551226459575.gif (312x300, 1.08M)

>It was the best place for online film discussion

the imdb boards were completely worthless by and large and Yea Forums used to be the best place for discussion until all you fuckwits came here from there.

Yea Forums was garbage long before this, but it did get noticeably worse when the IMDB boards shut down.

bruh tv used to like Marvel, it was cringe. Nu tv is the upgraded model

many sites are getting rid of comments section in general, probably want you to share it on facebook,twitter, etc and have them deal with moderating the shit that gets posted

IMDB's executives would have to take a major paycut if Disney pulled their ads and removed access to their stars.

>bruh tv used to like Marvel
And?

>What the fuck is the point of the site now?
User ratings are important because critics are all leftish shit heads.
Also it's a fucking database man. The amount of information on there is unmatched. You can look up technical/cast/crew information, do really granular advanced searches etc. It's an extremely valuable resource.
It's really insane that they got rid of the forums though, just retarded.

But why would major studios care about the message boards? As long as the main rating is high the average normie won't give a shit to scroll down to the message boards

Why are you asking this now? Run out of original thread ideas?

Because I'm still mad

And they don't like anonymity.
This is the nu-internet.

It's a nice archive, but it can never replicate the real thing.