What in the fuck did i just watch?

>What in the fuck did i just watch?
this without a single doubt in my mind is Tarantino's worst film

Attached: once upon a time.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why?

Zoomer

I wish I was half as cool as Cliff Booth lads. Where should I shop if I want outfits just like his?

filtered

If you’ve never listened to 60s music by choice; watched cowboy westerns from the late-50s and early-60s (Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive, Rawhide, etc.); know who Steve McQueen and Bruce Lee are; know anything about the Manson “family”; unfamiliar with Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski; driven around in a big American sedan or muscle car with the windows down listening to 60s music; know who Dean Martin is; know who all the older legend actors in the movie are (Pacino, Russell, Dern) then I can see you being lost.

I think you have to be familiar with that time to fully appreciate why he was trying to do here. Doesn’t mean you’re stupid for not liking it. Doesn’t mean you need to grasp the references but because it’s a movie with minimal plot and is fixated on the atmosphere you’re not going to like it as much.

>minimal plot
I'm watching it right now ... are there at least nude scenes?

Nope. Just one violent scene at the end.

Woa... Hot take

i was familiar with everything i watched.
ive watched multiple documentary about the Manson family i know who all the actors are.
I just feel like reference isn't enough to make a entertaining flick. the movie is brain dead rick and morty tier in its reference they arent smart or clever just pandering.
the movie is completely hollow

Tarantino is shit. Bruce Lee was a boss

That’s fine but i don’t know what else to tell you man. If you don’t like it you will never have to watch it again. I’m just saying it helps to have a frame of reference to those cultural artifacts.

I found it interesting to watch and it was funny to me throughout. The acting is good. It’s just a movie. It’s not going to change your life. I think people need to just get off the internet and watch a movie without the worlds input. Make up your own mind and move on. People are so entitled these days it’s insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I

it sounds like you think the movie should have had better references?

Serious question - did you guys believe Cliff killed his wife? I really believed he did and was still charmed by him in the movie and lost my shit in glee when him and Rick smoked the manson people at the end. Then I went on to read several think-pieces on how the flashback is a moral test for the audience, if we believe Cliff killed his wife, the ending scenes are his redemption and he's been unfairly treated due to a rumour in the entertainment industry. But if he did kill his wife then i'm a piece of shit for enjoying the sight of a psychopath murdering women with a tin can.

God damn is it cathartic though.

>But if he did kill his wife then i'm a piece of shit for enjoying the sight of a psychopath murdering women with a tin can.
it's just a movie and that cunt had it coming

Yeah probably, I’m trying to remember the flashback scene where they are on the boat but all I can recall is Cliff’s wife’s ass.

Exactly. What is with this moral posturing over trying to make sure every little aspect of a movie has to reflect our own values? Is this peak narcissism?

for starters i think it should have a plot

There is a plot. Rick Dalton is a fading cowboy star who’s experiencing a rough transition into the late 60s model of filmmaking. He’s an alcoholic with confidence issues. He’s from Missouri. He’s friends with Cliff Booth, his stunt double. He lands a spot on a new western called Lancer and regains his confidence and decides to take the Italian western gig. Meanwhile the Manson “family” is plotting to kill a vibrant, young, upcoming actress, wife and mother. The paths of Rock, Cliff and the Manson killers cross and we see Rick on the upswing and a new friendship budding. That’s the plot. Not a very robust one but a plot nonetheless. You think the actors just wandered on set in costume and made up their lines and characters?

Better

Attached: 1565021444284.jpg (1200x1057, 977K)

it was a character film plots are gay

that's how you know he raped her before chopping her head off into the pacific

You mean best

actually it's tarantini's 1st masterwork since KB vol 2

>wtf did i watch

kino

Attached: 1564431425548.jpg (768x433, 50K)

I dont know jack shit about manson and never saw the westerns listed, was gonna go watch in theaters tonight. Should I even bother?

Attached: 1564863860219.png (970x545, 504K)

yeah don't listen to that guy he's gatekeeping a perfectly enjoyable movie

>NOOOOOO how could Quentin make light of Bruce Ree
Seething hapa detected

Did you need to know about the invasion of the South Pacific to enjoy The Thin Red Line?

At the very least read a wikipedia article on Sharon Tate, Roman Polanski, Manson Murders, Bruce Lee, Steve Mcqueen, Sergio Leone

How fucking old are you exactly?

I enjoyed it. I'm pretty into the source material (California in the 60s, Manson, etc.) though. I'll probably rewatch it in a few weeks.

Nah that’s Death Proof

you know i didnt literally mean there isnt a plot right? you even admitted it wasn't robust.
honestly its worst than cape shit.