Attached: stalin.0.jpg (1200x800, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_1904_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_marathon
youtube.com/watch?v=a4N57w1nbZc
youtube.com/watch?v=7KvETQ28or8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought it was pretty funny

>yfw real live CCCP history is even crazier than the film

>the director decided to reduce the number of medals on zhukov's uniform because he felt the historically accurate amount would be too difficult for the audience to believe
>the director simplified the story of trying to find a conductor because he felt the accurate historical account would be too difficult for the audience to believe
the director simplified the abject insanity of the soviet union surrounding stalin's death because he felt an accurate historical account would be too difficult for an audience to believe.

>the director decided to reduce the number of medals on zhukov's uniform because he felt the historically accurate amount would be too difficult for the audience to believe
Fucking Zhukov.

Attached: file.png (511x720, 608K)

I read up on the actual events surrounding Stalin’s death after seeing the movie. I was fucking shocked at how accurate it was, minus the (slightly overly) zany dialogue. One thing I wish could have been included was the added reason for why Lavrenti Beria was killed; he was willing to compromise with the Americans on Germany’s occupation, and other things.

Jason Issacs is far too handsome to play Zhukov desu.

Attached: Jeff Davis.jpg (3840x2160, 1.54M)

>sucking the cocks and balls of New York zionist queers in petticoats

Why is this shit posted in every the death of Stalin thread? You can see the same amount of medals in both of these pictures. Fuck off

ty for this thread i forgot to pirate

Lel, the actual Russians didn’t like his portrayal in the film, said it was “demeaning”. Which, eh, I guess I can understand, because to them Zhukov must be more important than Christ.

Why doesn’t he get more work brehs

Whats the best source to read?

>actually believing the movie really portrayed what happened

whats it like being blind?

>Molotov wasn't the Foreign Minister in 1953, it was Andrei Vyshinsky. Molotov was Deputy Premier

>Malenkov wasn't "Stalin's deputy", he was also a deputy premier. The position of 2nd secretary was vacant since Andrei Zhdanov's death. Moreover Malenkov wasn't weak about Beria as portrayed in the movie, he pressed the button without any issues

>Beria was not head of the NKVD in 1953, nor did the NKVD even exist in 1953. It was split between the MVD (headed by Sergei Kruglov, a Beria rival) and MGB (headed by Semyon Ignatyev, another Beria rival).

>Zhukov was not head of the soviet army in 1953. The defense minister was Bulganin and the chief of staff was Vasily Sokolovsky. Zhukov at the time was the chief of the minor Ural Military district because Stalin hated his popularity

>The movie condenses many months into a few days. Beria was not disposed of during Stalin's funeral, he attended and gave a speech. He was removed many months later, and the politburo used the East German Uprising (not the deaths of funeral goers) against him

>There were no mass executions of staff at Stalin's dacha of Kuntsevo in the aftermath of his death. The only state employees who died during the whole affair were Beria & his minions

>No Politburo member or even Zhukov were present at the time of Beria's executions, they were hundreds of kilometers away
>Absence of several prominent Politburo members like Andreyev and Voroshilov

>Brezhnev smirking at Khruschev at the end was dumb, he had no aspirations for power in 1953 and even in 1964 was essentially pushed into it by the likes of Mikhail Suslov and KGB head Vladimir Semichastny

who said that?

>he had no aspirations for power in 1953
pfft

It's true. Brezhnev had to be convinced by the KGB mainly to get rid of Khrushchev.

I really just want a Russian made film about Russia during the soviet union. That's it, that's all I want to see.

>>>the director simplified the story of trying to find a conductor because he felt the accurate historical account would be too difficult for the audience to believe
what actually happened?

In modern Russia it'd have to be shown as a beautiful utopia or Putin would get buttmad

you would need to be retarded to believe that but then it was never the point

Let it be based fact checking user. It's amerimutt hours. I'm off till that nigger loving menace goes to bed.

Yep. I particularly liked that no one even attempted a Russan accent, it really upped comedy value.

I really don't care how it's depicted, I just want to see the product.

and hardly any of those medals actually matter

OH I'M A GOOD OLE YANKEE
GOD BLESS MY UNCLE SAM
FOR COUSIN FUCKING REDNECKS
I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN
EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND TRAITORS
ARE ROTTING IN THE DUST
I GUESS THAT WHOLE SECESSION MEME
TURNED OUT TO BE A BUST

Attached: 1565643665873.jpg (297x297, 40K)

Ianucci's brand of weak farce was not up to the task of presenting the horror and black humour of those times. As always in his scripts he devolved to everyone running around shouting over each other and saying "cunt" while fussing about trifles.

It was trash
>dude le historical figures acting silly lmao
I find it hard to believe anybody found this funny

Court of the Red Tsar. Gives good insight into Beria especially.

Attached: court of the red tsar.jpg (291x450, 46K)

Can't wait for this guy to be Eisenhorn

What are some more events that would make for great historical comedy kino?
For me, it's the 1904 olympic mens marathon:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_1904_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_marathon
Also anything ancient Rome

Attached: 1904 hunger games.jpg (800x469, 38K)

Would anyone be interested in a Russian actor cast only of a three mile island documentary? Or perhaps the Kennedy assassination? Hilarity could ensue.

Attached: Wisdom of Blitzwing.png (512x384, 200K)

Where the other things the women he allegedly raped and killed?

t.

Attached: watchv=BrWRaQo4dkg-[08.36.049-08.49.295].webm (854x480, 2.71M)

Absolutely

>From then until the end of the race, Hicks received several doses of strychnine (a common rat poison, which stimulates the nervous system in small doses) mixed with brandy.[4] He continued to battle onwards, hallucinating, barely able to walk for most of the course. When he reached the stadium his support team carried him over the line, holding him in the air while he shuffled his feet as if still running. The judges decided this was acceptable, and gave him the gold medal. Hicks had to be carried off the track, and might have died in the stadium had he not been treated by several doctors.[9]
Based

Attached: af.jpg (284x458, 44K)

There's plenty, unless you mean the high level political stuff and not just about some part of life in Soviet Russia.

The story of Russians trying to get to Tsushima only to be blown the fuck out of the water by Nips they couldn't even see because the technology mismatch was so great.

Attached: jIHYWdh[1].jpg (1807x1384, 416K)

The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed (1979)
Stilyagi (2008)
Brezhnev (2005)
Summer (2018)
The Thaw (2013)
Dovlatov (2018)
Liquidation (2007)
Mysterious passion (2016)
The Town (2017)
Fartsa (2017, is on Netflix)
The Edge (2010)
The Cold Summer of 1953 (1988)

Most of them are TV series and avaliable on torrents, you are stacked for fucking life.

=>

How come he never got Stalin'd?

Attached: stalin-composite-16x9.jpg (1200x675, 236K)

It was in the pipeline. Zhukov had been sent to be the deputy superintendent of the Urals military district or something, an obvious prelude to getting disappeared. Stalin died before getting around to finish the job.

none of the medals are even real. that's half the point. He'd invent medals just to award them to himself.

Oh, and i really forgot
Territory (2015)
youtube.com/watch?v=a4N57w1nbZc
Beyond the wolves (2002)
youtube.com/watch?v=7KvETQ28or8

The Death of Sneed

That's Brezhnev you fucking capitalist retard. Zhukov was a general, he couldn't give himself medals.

He was never connected to Trotsky, he fared well in conflicts with Japan in 1938 and 1939, he was a damn effective commander during the war, and after 1945, there was a comparatively low number of anybody stalin'd.
Amazing, you are retelling anecdotes about Brezhnev, not Zhukov, and even them you got fucking wrong.

He was about to. Zhukov, Khrushchev, Molotov, and Beria were all on the chopping bloc at the time of Stalin's death.

Malenkov and Viktor Abakumov were instigating him to do it tho.

so what's russian intelligence called now and how much do you have to shitpost before you move up in it?

I don't even have to shitpost myself, i make my subordinates do so.

Holy shit, the world used to be nuts.