National League Lacrosse

Anyone /nll/ chads on this board?

Attached: download (1).png (225x225, 2.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RmEFrLe2gWQ
youtu.be/14NnEwqL42o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Nations_Chiefs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I’ll have to check this out

It's a lot like hockey desu. They even allow fighting.

Add in a shot clock so it's kinda got a basketball aspect to it too.

I was at the rock game last night

Fuck yeah. They have a solid team.

I'm going to the pclc game on Saturday. I bought season tix for the inaugural season. They were cheap so why tf not. Plus it was the first pro sports team in my city. I never thought I'd be into lax until now. I'm definitely going to games next season too, assuming the team doesn't fold lmao.

Love playing the game.
Watching it sucks.

It’s a dope sport especially box lacrosse. There’s plenty of scholarships for Ivy League schools in field lacrosse as well

Box is what got me interested, being that the team here is box.
What is the difference between box/field other than one is played indoor and the other is outdoor?

More players because of the big field and theres less action and violence but it’s more tactical. The skills are totally transferable

it's more a semipro sport than professional, an international player gave a talk on it in a class I took
nll runs during the winter, and then there's multiple indoor leagues in canada in the summer and field in america
unlike other sports, players are allowed to play outside of the team during the offseason, it's somewhat expected of them to maintain conditioning
they usually don't live in the market they play in, or practice with each other, they fly in to play the game and fly out
players usually get outside jobs, often in a public sector union, guy who gave the talk says he was lured to play for a team in a different town by being offered a full time firefighter job that would work around his playing schedule

box is on a hockey rink without ice, field is close to soccer field size
box has goalie + 5 players, field is goalie + 9 players and certain players are limited to where they can go on the field, no parking the bus kinda stuff
box players are more about hitting or shooting the ball, field has more emphasis on height and players speed

>The skills are totally transferable
why would a box player transfer over? used to be they had to for international competitions, but now there's a bigger box tournament

Attached: lacrosse.png (400x272, 16.11K)

it's actually on tsn here

Based

The Ivy League does not give out athletic scholarships.

I get the tsn feeds sometimes if my team is playing a canadian team.

I wish I had done Lacrosse as a kid/teen, it seems like a cool sport

Attached: 1975-Quebec-Caribous-Info-Booklet.jpg (400x507, 135.11K)

Same
I never cared about it until now, it's actually fun to watch.

It's true
Kinda based
Kinda cringe

>tfw no local team
>son and I became BANDITS chads

Nice
I've grown a liking to the bandits because they have helped keep my teams season alive lmao.

I wish our box season was longer, his season is only like December and January but does regular lax every other month

Tbh it'd cooler if you two became PCLC gigachads

Attached: 6ZKQGSN2XVAGVJEDTJVDF7BS2Y.jpg (1807x2037, 455.06K)

I wanted to get into them first but can't justify liking a team in Texas

can't help but wonder if they have overexpanded

That's dumb unless you are a coastie or a yankee I guess.
I go for them because it's my local team. I wish fw had more pro sports teams, fuck dallASS. Although the cowboys and rags play in Tarrant county (fort worth side). If they got another one it'd probably be an major league soiccer team (gross desu).
My dream is an NHL team, probably won't happen though because DFW is all about the stars. I feel like people would show up though if there was one here though.

If only I had been a lax bro, then I could have attended a fancy school

I live in Western PA and absolutely will not support a Philadelphia team so we went with Buffalo

The western conference has like no teams. Half of them are in Canada. The only team in the west with a serious turnout is the Colorado mammoth. The San Diego seals play in a literal dungeon from the 60s. PCLC has a brand new arena, just needs to market itself better. The only serious competition they have in the sports market is the tc jew horned fags.

You must be from the burgh. It'd be cool for them to have a team but the east has too many teams already. Needs more west teams. VegASS is getting a team next season.

Yeah, we had Pittsburgh Crossefire for a season and they became the Mammoth

Only 1 season? Fugg

Other big difference is the goalie can wear pads in box
t. Goalie dad

it just feels very spread out.

It's traditionally a Canadian and east coast sport I don't think the PAC 12 or SEC even field a single college team

Agreed. The travel is pretty nuts. More divisions would be better. 4 divs, 2 conferences. A west div, southern div (maybe get a team in Austin, OKC, and/or San Antonio), an all NY division with Philly in there, and then a Canadian east one (might need some more teams, maybe in Quebec).

The fuck Is lacrosse

Incredibly based sport that combines hockey, soccer and basketball

right. i don't know if aping the NHL's (((grow the game))) strategy is the best idea

Probably unpopular idea

WESTERN CONF
Pacific Division:
SD
Vancouver
Calgary
Vegas (confirmed expansion for next season)
Sasky

Southern Division:
PCLC
Georgia
Austin (the hipsters would love it and maybe even then UT Austin lax bros would too)
OKC (it would give the Okies something else to do plus tons of natives live in OK)
Colorado

EASTERN CONF
Metropolitan Division:
Rochester
NY
Philly
Albany
Buffalo

North Division:
Toronto
Halifax

Possibles for North:
Hamilton
Quebec City
Montreal (would be hard to compete with the Habs and Alouettes)
Ottawa (it's the capitol and all but look at the Senators, might not work)

Relocate the coyotes to FW and move the Avs to the Pacific

PLS WATCH OUR SPORT

And now that I think of it, mexico city could maybe have a team lmao

Ok, i dont really care for two of the sports you mentioned but im open to try new sports , provide link and ill watch It

>And now that I think of it, mexico city could maybe have a team lmao
Doubt many people know about this stuff

If they got a team maybe.
Also I gotchu
youtu.be/RmEFrLe2gWQ

>would give the Okies something else to do plus tons of natives live in OK)
Wait, what? How Is this relevant? Is this a sport big amongst the indigenous people of the US? If so that alone makes It sound intresting

Yes but mostly with tribes up north. Although I'd assume that the southern natives might hop on the bandwagon.

Yeah m8, it's the natives sport. They call it "The Creators Game"

Forgot to include this
youtu.be/14NnEwqL42o

iv played box and field, with nll and even nhl players, box relies heavily on basketball plays. field tends to have its own set of unique plays. though i could be wrong as i never went very far in field

canadian box players end up in field through university or even highschool.

It's more spread out and more players in attack but you're still setting picks and rolling

Nice, and the highlight you posted makes It seem quite intresting, passing and catching with a net seems hard, i would like to see a modernized version of the pre-hispanic Ball game existing like this

That would be cool, I remember studying it and it seemed impossible
>keeping the ball up only using your hips

weird, as i said i played field with some nll players before, so not just sunday busch league, there was zero pick and rolls and im sure the coaches laughed at me when i tried setting one then again we were not very good.

Well to be fair im more familiar with youth, my son plays on multiple teams; they still emphasize setting picks in attack

>Is this a sport big amongst the indigenous people of the US?

yes but more around the great lakes
there's 2 codes of it, indoor and outdoor, kinda like futsal and soccer, the indoor style is the one with a bigger pro scene, that's the one natives play

every time they run an international competition the iroquois compete and finish second, also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Nations_Chiefs
have won the canadian summer tournament multiple times

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-18 11.08.35.png (920x489, 97.7K)

We import leafs and injuns to play lax down here

If you have espn+, all NLL games are broadcasted on there.

There's games on this weekend. One on Friday, a few on Saturday.
Since you're a Mexican, you should support pclc until mexico gets a team.

lacrosse is for white teens who smoke weed

>Mexican, you should support pclc until mexico gets a team.

Well i already supoort the cowboys si indint see why not

Tbh I don't watch much football and only semi care about the cowboys because muh local team (they play in tarrant county, which FW is the county seat of tarrant).
I'm immune to the banter though because 1. I'm an football casual and don't really care THAT much desu
2. The boys are a major disappointment
3. I hate a lot of shit about the NFL, it's unwatchable most times.
4. Jerry Jones is a fag

this is just that thing that natives do to sound mysterious and spiritual to white people they want to con money out of

Probably
I actually had no idea this was a native sport tho until like halfway through the season lmao