If Ancelotti's mid-'00s Milan team were isekai'd into the modern game, how would they go?

If Ancelotti's mid-'00s Milan team were isekai'd into the modern game, how would they go?

Attached: CPNpzM8WgAAAIXP.jpg (1024x698, 127.73K)

Unironically the greatest on-paper club team of all time. Give them modern tactics and an adjustment period and they would dominate.

>dida
Ngm. If they had Buffon instead I’d agree with you

Lose the league, win the cup
Dida is the reason they beat juventus

>a group of smokers vs modern roid pressers
it would be great to watch but not for old milan fans

who is next to kaka?

the president of Ukraine, kalizkinki idk i forgot his name

Costacurta he wasnt really a starter at that time but still pretty good

am i spending too much time on this site if it's weird seeing the word isekai without spoilers

Kaka and Nesta in their primes would easily be world class if they played now.

Kaka would literally not fit in any modern team.

They are close but I think early 60s Real is better. Di Stefano and Puskas is like Cristiano and Messi on the same team. Milan has the all time best back 4 for sure though.

Costacurta

>458 apps between 1987 and 2007
Wtf why have I never heard about him before?? Can u redpill me in him

He is literally one of their legend but too bad he was one amongst many many legendary Milan's defenders in that period.

Part of the monster backline of the late '80s - early '90s team.

You're kidding right? There's no other player that's that tall and fast and technically gifted. There's less attacking midfielders like him in the modern game, but he was one of the most unique ones there ever was and could easily transition to another role.

He flopped in Real because nobody used trequartista outside of Italy at that time. His height doesnt mean anything because he was never good in the air.

7 Serie a and 5 UCL is kino.
Lol I see he’s married to an Italian tranny though, I suppose nobody is perfect

What the fuck happened to Italy consistently producing absolute top-tier defenders? Just off the top of my head you had over the course of a few decades

>Salvadore
>Maldini Sr.
>Picchi
>Burgnich
>Facchetti
>Scirea
>Gentile
>Baresi
>Bergomi
>Maldini Jr.
>Costacurta
>Cannavaro
>Nesta
>Zambrotta

Now you've got the national team propped up by near-retirement age Chiellini and Bonucci with no signs of things getting any better.

Attached: bergomi_inter.jpg (1193x1920, 611.98K)

He flopped at Real because he lost his pace with an injury

And had to play for Mourinho who has no idea how to truly coach an elite attack. Kaka should have gone to arsenal to play for wenger during prime wengerball

Kaka was so dreamy back then, he didn't aged quite well like someone such as Beckham.

Either tiki taka'd or high pressing'd by current teams.

He was pacy but not that ngubu kind of pacy. Lots of trequartista like Totti or Del Piero adapted to newer role and stayed good way later. He just stuck being a lazy trequartista that was outdated even before he left milan.

He outpaced young Messi with the ball like Messi wasn’t even there

He was one of the fastest ever with the ball on his feet, perhaps you have this perception because he wasn't a winger running up and down the field.
Anyways, he still had a great shot and a good passer, not the best at tight spaces but he would kill at counters

He has good dribbling skills and acceleration so he looked really fast running past defenders but his workrate is too low to either play as a winger or mezzala in modern midfield. He could be good as a false nine but not many teams ultilize it.

Imagine him in current Liverpool team

>imagine Kaka playing gegen-press football

Bullshit. KdB is essentially a neo-Kaka, so OG Kaka would adapt and fit into that same role easily

>isekai'd

Attached: inigo montoya.jpg (500x432, 44.9K)

truth

Barzagli was the last great one

I don't think so. They were not consistent at all and played some shit football outside 2 seasons, and even those 2 seasons, they did poorly domestically, getting outplayed quite regularly. On paper, a lot of those players were past their best.

Mogged by baresi and maldini

If by neo-Kaka you mean slower, worse at dribbling, worse at finishing and worse at passing, then yes.

Kaka was so kino

Seedorf would be a fucking beast in the modern game. High ball retention under the press, powerful long shots and deep passes when space is created by pressing midfielders and fullbacks from the opponent.

I miss all those absolutely stacked Serie A teams from around that era. They all had so much character.

Attached: CA-MM9qVIAAWAHl.jpg (1024x680, 133.35K)

Imagine being better than Terry or Ramos and zoomers doesn't know you because you walked with gods.

Il Fenomeno - Meme player - world class - ISS 98 . decent - mad man - who? - Robert Braid - decent - mediocre - who?

unbeatable.

inter always look like the bad guys

>who?
Cauet
>who?
Colonnese

>like someone such as Beckham.

Attached: 9C44FAFA-0D78-4BC8-8E8B-EB74B9DECA77.png (976x850, 492.31K)

prime kaka would be the perfect player for mourinhos counter attack style.
injury just ruined him. iirc after the injury he could never play without pain.

Kaka would be a false 9 today. He'd do a pretty good impression of Firmino.

We don't play like that now. We play much higher up the pitch due to having Van Dijk. The space between the attack and defence is much smaller, so less space to press in = less geggenpress football. We are more like Sacchi Milan now, we've improved that, in fact.

They'd be physically mogged unless they have Bayern steriods

Nah la. Kaka played higher up and more central than KdB. Kaka would be glorious as the false 9 in City or Liverpool's team now.

yeah in City he'd bag 20 goals in a season without sweating

that is Nesta, Costacurta is married to a beauty

Attached: R.b91ae678df28826997018972b0f4b715.jpg (300x422, 101.44K)

>Bergomi with more than 500 matches & 81 caps, world cup starter & winner with Italy in 1982
decent ?!
Hans take a closer look again

They would comfortably win the Serie A.
Favorites to win the Champions League, but not guaranteed.

holy wow
we have to reconsider if italians are white now

forgot the picture

Attached: IMAGE-1-17.jpg (620x516, 103.68K)

Costacurta is from a small town in the north closer to the border with Switzerland, he's not your typical italian, Nesta on the other hand is born & bread in Rome, he fits the description more

Attached: costacurta.jpg (3000x2000, 419.45K)

bruno fernandes but actually world class

Like most of football they lost their SOVL and began focusing on Le 433/343 Pacy Widemen.

Italy used to not just produce top quality defenders but distinctly Italian positions- mezzala and trequartista for example. Now they're homogenising like the rest of football.

> your brain on Football Manager

was the rise of Balotelli what made them approach this path ?