Why do other comedians hate him so much?

Why do other comedians hate him so much?

Attached: Steve-O.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVE9u_4YXeM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

comedians are bitter and petty insecure fags.

Do they? Like who?

all comedians are part of cliques if you dont grovel at the feet of the leader he tells his minions to ostracize you see carlos mencia, dane cook etc

I can't stand him because his ENTIRE personality is "I LOVE BEING OFF DRUGS.....REALLY!" like hooooly shit we get it dude. You beat the sauce now you have to like become a person and develop a personality. Fuck off with this Dr Drew enlightenment shit. peace x

He’s actually super chill if you’ve seen his smaller shows. Took pics with everyone who wanted for free. He only brought up the whole no drugs thing when he told a story where it would come up

imagine sinking so low that you have to hate steve o

Comedians are talkers. Steve-O is a doer. Talkers hate doers.

It must be hard for him to tell a funny story because most were probably filmed and also he probably wants to move away from talking about jackass

This. The internet has ruined stand up comedy for me because it gave them more platforms to talk about themselves rather than their comedy. I feel like every single one of the dudes I loved are just incredibly bitter, selfish, whiny pieces of shit.
It's like a entire generation of people got brainwashed by the idea that you need to be mentally ill to be a good comedian.

Because covering your scrotal sac in honey and sticking it in an ant colony is the lowest form of humor

Al Madrigal went out of his way to shit on him on stage right after Steve-O did a set. Went up to him afterwards and shit on him to his face too.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVE9u_4YXeM

this 100%
comedians are more full of shit than actors

You know when you spill beer on the carpet and it starts to get that beer-on-the-carpet smell? That's what he looks like he smells like. That, and new shirt.

Anybody that constantly talks about being off drugs. They sound like they're about to start using again.

Seems like jealousy

>tfw I smell like that
I really need to quit.

t.Bam
he literally never mentions it unless someone else does cope more you could easily hate on him for being a whore on youtube recently but you choose that you must be the same fag from the Bam threads that was blaming steve-o for saying bam should get clean

it's actually pretty high tier humour. physical comedy is the true patrician tier ranking above the neurotic whining that most comedians do. Steve-o gets bonus points for wantonly endangering himself and risking injury

because stand up comedians arent actually funny. they just get on stage and pretend what they're saying is funny. and they're speaking to a crowd that showed up to see this type of performance, so it should be EASIER for them to get laughs. Steve O actually is funny, and was went to extremes to be funny, he's actually bled to make people laugh, stand up comedians dont respect hard work.

fag

basically this. It’s because he’s popular and makes money

or those addiction youtubers who are clearly high while talking about being clean

also this

>blaming steve-o for saying bam should get clean
Lmfao yeah that was me and Steve-O was still using it as an opportunity to pump himself up, not a genuine outreach to Bam, I can understand why he has so many plebbit asslickers who like his story though

Because your average modern stand-up comic is some form of deviant with more vices and addictions than pores on their face. They're chugging down cocktails of pills and booze before every set because otherwise they're anxious wrecks fearing judgement and shame for being unfunny. Steve-O was confident about his sense of humor before and after he got off drugs, making them all realize they're worse than a guy who got high off of fucking whipped cream cans for recreation, and are even worse than him after he's cleaned up his act and happier than ever.

yep, he hasn't "paid his dues" by playing the Funny Farm in Poughkeepsie for 15 years

i've never seen his standup but i'm sure it revolves around "DUDE I WAS SO FUCKED UP ON DRUGS BRO" that sort of thing gets boring.

>former castmate wont return your messages and is having a little public meltdown on his Instagram decide to post a comment on his instagram so he will respond
Where is this nefarious Steve-O doing it for self gain you keep seeing? Sounds like your projecting some past feelings onto his comment

So his standup is actually good? Where can I watch it?

This, Soŷ-O is fucking lame and not based anymore

Since when has he been a comedian

It's okay, but my point is more that he has no anxiety about whether or not people think he's funny. He's made a small fortune letting ants bite his dick on camera, he knows people will laugh at anything and as a result never needed the drugs to distract himself from his insecurities. He just did them because he was a junkie who liked getting high. It's pretty infuriating to your average Bay Area comic to be reminded by an actual former junkie that you don't need a cocktail of adderall, xanax, and whatever other pills you can find to solve your problems.

I've been sober for over a year now and stopped going to AA after a few months because "clean addicts" become insufferable after a while. A lot of them stay clean, sure, but they have just traded one addiction for another. There were guys at meetings that had been going for ten years every. single. day.
Imagine not having a drink for ten years but you still spend 60 minutes each day talking about how you are powerless over alcohol. It's honestly pathetic.

Imagine actually being an alcoholic. LMAO

Around the same time Joe Rogain and Brendan Schaub became "comedians".

That's why you're supposed to micro dose every drug, all at once. Stupid AA members

THE CRAFT

cringe, grow up druggie

Rogan had/has his moments. Schaub is a disaster though.

>Shitting on a guy who is a learned student of possibly the oldest form of comedy
A clown can't try a new angle on making people laugh?

This

Steve-O offered a platitude publicly that did nothing but serve his own image and ego and he knew it wouldn't flip a switch in Bam's head. Steve-O knows better than anyone. One of the only upsides to getting sober is lording it over your old addict buddies. If Steve-O is really such a concerned guy he'd stage a private intervention, not scold him on Instagram for superficial "mr caring guy" points

Being absolutely loaded with cash sure helps though

it sneaks up on you though. also if you drink a lot but function productively in society nobody can say a bad word about you in my opinion.

That and the fact that in most countries alcohol not only isn't even really considered a drug, but is actually part of the culture makes it so a lot of people don't even realize they're addicted.

Here's the real reason:

Steve-O got famous by being an attention whore and doing disgusting things.

Really, all comedians are attention whores, but most have at least some shred of dignity. But Steve-O gave up all of his dignity, and that allowed him to become famous quickly and with little effort.

So really, comedians hate him because Steve-O reminds them of the cruelty of their own industry. Comedians pretend to be profound, but really they compete on the same level as Steve-O -- and Steve-O is objectively more successful than most of them.

Imagine being a high-class hoe. Would you be upset if you saw nasty e-thots make more money than you by fisting their assholes on twitch?

Attached: 1558215361949.jpg (750x569, 221K)

yes 100%. I grew up with my dad drinking the better part of a 3 bottles of wine with my step mom and both of them getting sullen and mildly aggressive by 11 o'clock. So I always considered that normal growing up. Now, that some would call a dependence or addiction level. But my dad is a great man who has a successful career which is why I say it's a relative matter

>wine
fucking gay

He's a bullshitter, at least he was.

I worked as a PA on an interview show he guested on, and every one of his wacky stunts were planned out to look spontaneous. Even crowd interaction stuff.

not everyone sips miller lite like your broke ass. also, wine is one of the most effective and efficient waysto get a slick buzz and it goes down much easier than beer

Comedy died when Carlin did.

All his crazy storys invole some use of drugs. Sorry if he csnt stop talking about them.

Most comedians are massively neurotic and insecure and are desperate for attention and validation
Just look at how many of them straight up die alone unmarried with no children

Only if you're 12 or 13. Physical humor is for brainless who cant think un the abstract or draw mental parallels. Observation humornis the thinking mans humor because you have to actually fucking observe and plan out your spiel in a way that will not only be insightful, but actually humorous.

Pounding your balls with a hammer is just little kid shit.

>humour
Well you're a fucking bong so your opinion on humor is discarded

>Only if you're 12 or 13. Physical humor is for brainless who cant think un the abstract or draw mental parallels. Observation humornis the thinking mans humor because you have to actually fucking observe and plan out your spiel in a way that will not only be insightful, but actually humorous.
>Pounding your balls with a hammer is just little kid shit.

Attached: 1565122674368.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

>Physical humor is for brainless who cant think un the abstract or draw mental parallels.
holy fucking pseud.

actual cringe

I'm Canadian

your post sucks go back to heem

no shit, it's called an "act"

>as an ex-drug addict I can tell you how bad drugs are, it's not a glamorous life
>now let me tell you this totally cool badass radical anecdote about this time I took drugs
>this one time I go SOOOO HIGH on cocaine/lsd/heroin and...
Druggy faggots need to relapse and OD.

Attached: 1534641454086.png (600x800, 375K)

Because he's unpretentious, doesn't comment on the current social or political changes and does anything and everything for laughter. Basically an easy target for self-important stand up "comedians" who think their ideas are grand and intellectual

Steve-O is a legend. Still alcohol is O.K. But heroin is the patrician addiction. Smoke it! Snort it, stick it your arm!

fuck off king of Comedy: Rodney Dangerfield LOVED physical comedy.
>muh abstract mental parallels
fuck off nerd. Comedy isn't an intellectual pursuit.

Attached: 1531342666878.png (800x949, 356K)

>Around the same time Joe Rogain
25 years ago?

the fuck man

because he didn't learn the craft through years of trial and error like everyone else, he basically had a set up audience from Jackass that laugh at his horrible jokes
But stand up is shit and a sham so it's based that he's beat the system

Jealousy that he succeeded at pandering to the 100 iq audience.

Why do junkies make such a big deal out of not being junkies anymore? Big fucking woop, I never did heroin and ruined my life. Where's my medal?

Honestly, he never brings it up unless some TMZ reporter approaches him. His stories, indeed, do involve drugs; but I don't see what you're saying. Also, just because you can't stop drinking or smoking weed doesn't mean you should shit on Steve-O.

Im a comedian and I don't give a fuck. He pulls in his own audience, he sells tickets, he does bumfuck awful gigs at times, he's hard working off stage and kinda bad on stage, but so are a lot of comics.

I really don’t get why people are acting like this guy isn’t right. He’s correct. Physical humor is childish. It’s why it was on MTV, because it marketed well towards an immature demographic.

Is it funny? Yeah, of course. But it’s childish.

Carlin wasn't funny

Overcoming adversity is not the same as not having adversity retard

Was this peak Steve-O kino?

Attached: 15355281262_642a1ea8c4_b.jpg (568x416, 74K)

The first step is admitting you have a problem, user. No shame here.

He got clean by working his ass off and they're jealous because they have to stay up all night huffing coke to write material.

Bro you wouldn't understand, you're not a COMEDIAN. We're a special breed.

quitters never win

This guy goes to open mic night.

So you're Britain's gay cousin that shows up to Christmas every 5 years to show off just how GAY you are and you're not sorry if that bothers anyone.

Hi, I'm new to Yea Forums. Why do so many people post cartoon pictures of themselves being angry at what other people said on this site? Is it because you can't downvote them?

it was a giant part of his life bro, everyone is shocked by the contrast of who he was and who he is now. thats why he works for what hes doing

Amy is that you?

He is going for laughs rather than clapping. Even if he may not be good at it, his intention to say funny things puts him above those comedians who aim to say the 'right' thing instead

Stand up comedy isn't funny

So whats the deal with airline food?

Seems like you should ask Al. He has a twitter. Not sure why you would bother asking us.

Are you stupid?

t. Assblasted Toilet Till fan

I mean, it kinda is if that adversity only existed because you made it exist. No one made Steve-O start doing drugs. Getting yourself out of a mess that you, yourself created isn’t virtuous in any way.

He's off "drugs" but I guarantee he is on at least have a dozen "prescription" medications. What a hero.

look how they massacred my boy

Attached: screenshot061.png (1366x768, 1.36M)

Carlin was never funny. Just sounded bitter

>Stand up comedy isn't funny
t. Never seen Dana Carvey stand up

Here' your down vote: FUCK (YOU)

You're obviously a victim of narcissistic abuse user, stop defending the abusive behaviour or you're going to repeat it.

And Pontius

sounds like he's a jealous little faggot.