Is this worth watching? In terms of production values and wholesomeness, it seems first-rate. However...

Is this worth watching? In terms of production values and wholesomeness, it seems first-rate. However, what little I've watched indicates nothing remotely important happens, and it's not like I have to reason to believe anything happens because it's about a figurehead.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnBjb5imPLY
youtube.com/watch?v=qHXla__FEiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First season is good. Second season they decided to favour entertainment and drama over historical accuracy.

The acting's very good but like you said it's essentially a historical retelling, so if you don't really have an interest in the monarchy you probably won't enjoy it.
You might find it interesting just to see the historical backdrops (the budget was huge) and other famous figures of the age, John Lithgow's great as Churchill.
Just watch it for the Queen's hot alcoholic sister.

Yes. Very good acting all round.

Attached: vanessa-kirby-crown-season-2.jpg (2000x1331, 221K)

First season is absolute kino until they decide to do the HURRDURR POLITICIANS NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPTING CLIMATE CHANGE LEGISLATION WITHOUT QUESTIONING BAD

it's kino af. I had zero interest in the british monarchy, in fact i can't think of a more boring thing, but the series just works. The dialogue, the tension, intrigues, history, everything's so well done. Also it helps that you actually feel somewhat productive or at least grown up when watching this

Season 2 has the greatest episode of the entire show, Pater Familias

this. I pour a fine chianti when i watch this show

Op here: okay, I'm convinced. I'll try watching it again. It eventually becomes about something I can care about.

Prepare to adopt lizzie as your new waifu. She is adorable.

I haven't watched much of the series, but I'm really attracted by the generous use of Conservative RP.

Olivia Colman is playing Elizabeth in season 3 and 4.

Attached: olivia colman oscars 2019.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

This bitch stole Glenn Close's Oscar

George VI's death scene is kino

How come Claire Foy keeps choosing ugly dyke haircuts, she's super qt otherwise.

Reminder that Tommy Lascelles was /ourguy/

Claire Foy is one of my waifus, is it worth watching for her?

youtube.com/watch?v=FnBjb5imPLY

The lead who plays in the first season has the most natural Conservative RP I've ever heard in a major role, (compare it to Guy Pearce's very correct, but artificial accent, in the King's Speech).

Why did Yorgos grab her legs?
Overrated

Definitely for her, she's great in it.

nice trips, one of the only highlights of that shit show.

yes

fuck that shit made me cry

watch it for based tommy. one of the best shows netflix have done, which admittedly isn't saying much.

Attached: tommy.png (961x953, 1020K)

hell, she was worth watching that Nic Cag crusader film for

Attached: sotw.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

Based Tommy dabbing on the modernisers

shame he wasn't around to sort out harry

Netflix didn't actually make it they're just a distributor, they give money to actual talented people and production companies and they physically do the work.

Jesus could you imagine fucking her in her prime. She looks like she sucks dick like a pro

She was hot as shit in the Discworld movie

Attached: Claire foy.jpg (400x280, 21K)

>its a princess margaret is a slut episode

youtube.com/watch?v=qHXla__FEiY

Watching this show as a reactionary is painful.

Attached: 1564864142910.jpg (708x800, 174K)

Based Viggo.

what is a "reactionary"?

>gillian anderson as margaret thatcher in season 4

Attached: gillian anderson-3.webm (720x720, 2.32M)

>opposing political or social progress or reform.
>synonyms:
right-wing · conservative · rightist · ultra-conservative · ultra-right · alt-right · blimpish · diehard · traditionalist · conventional · traditional · old-fashioned · unprogressive · Birchite

Attached: emma corrin.jpg (1250x800, 138K)