To those that like them, what makes MCU Spider-Man and his movies good?

To those that like them, what makes MCU Spider-Man and his movies good?

Attached: 45FFC57E-7B0D-4DA8-835A-B75DC8ED536E.jpg (1400x1400, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x6UZfZx3ChY
youtube.com/watch?v=t818XJ-z4G4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shitskins

They’re unironically fun. Sometimes you just want to turn your brain off and enjoy yourself.

1. fun!!!!!!!!!
2. diverse!!!
3. disney!!!!!!!!

Sam Raimi had an extremely limited view of what a Spiderman movie could be.

The new movies aren’t repeating the same old bullshit and that’s refreshing

Fun and easy to watch. I'm a sucker for cutesy teen romance drama.

Asian kid and Flash. Its the little things. Also Mysteryo was a once in a lifetime villain that honestly should not have died. He could have been the next Loki.

The Last Jedi didnt repeat the same old bullshit but it is widely accepted as being shit. So we can agree being different doesnt mean something is good.

Now, what differences make the story good? Feel free to compare to the other interpretations but try to view it on its own as well

I like Ned but what was good about Flash? He was reduced to an Indian Manlet with no friends who livestreams all by himself and commands no respect from anyone at all

Teenage romance for teenage girls

I liked the first one because he was a protegee to Iron Man. I liked the second one because he was trying to find a way to fill Iron Man's shoes (though being a massive whiny baby about it).
It's not because of Iron Man I like them. He could have been Captain America or Thor's apprentice and it still would have worked. I just like him in the role of a young superhero looking up to these already established heroes, while knowing that in the future he'll become the greatest hero of all (at least in the Marvel-verse).

What a shitty looking costume.

Personally wasn't a big fan of homecoming (or his annoying fucking appearances in the bigger marvel things) but Far From Home was just so cute and innocent and fun and cool. I hate the expression "turn your brain off" but it genuinely turned my brain off with how cool the villain concept was and how fun the romance subplot was and how cheeky and funny some of the jokes were. If that's not your thing, if you wanna take a movie seriously, then ther'es not much else to respect here and i'm just as tired as everyone else on this board of stupid fucks like you shoving these things down our throats. watch another fucking movie for once guys.

So you like it exclusively because he is reduced to a sidekick in his own films?

Are these bait replies? Do people on this board actually think this is good?

Yes

Tom Holland and Ty Simpkins are relentlessly handsome. I want to kiss them relentlessly.

It actually feels like Spiderman

>inb4 Raimifags start screeching their 40 year old lesbian was a good spiderman

Autism is rampant but not everyone has it

In what way does it “feel” like Spider-Man?
Is it because he quips once in homecoming? Is it because he is young therefore he is soooo comic accurate? Is it because his friends look like they leapt of a diversity checklist?

The quips help seeing as how Spider-Man is known for them, the web shooters introduce situations in which Peter can’t rely on his webs, his friends are generally much more likeable, the villains are much stronger characters, Peter actually feels like a 16 year old, there aren’t overacting extras, the suits look good, there’s no twin towers in the trailers, almost no Holocaust denial, Aunt May is hot as fuck, great integration into the MCU while still feeling independent, teases super suits without keeping them around the entire film. I genuinely think the MCU films are the best Spider-Man adaptations since Spectacular Spider-Man. All they’re missing is Venom/Carnage.

The Last Jedi insults its predecessors and the viewer.

The new Spider-Man movies recognize that there's more to being Spider-Man than being a depressive pile of doughy shit that keeps tripping over himself and walking into one L after the other 24/7 all the time.

Sorry if I am wrong but Im assuming this is bait

Andrew Garfield was a much better Spiderman than Tom.
Wish he was in the MCU, I loved the smartass quips he made.

And what more is there to Spider-Man that these films portray and the others dont?

That he's actually fun to be around and watch.

That he can actually get a break every once and a while. That sometimes everything does work out.

Nah, I liked Tom's quips on the boat in Homecoming.

Holland is the better spidey. Coming from an oldfag who watched the first spidey movie in the theater and was fucking amazed

MCU logo. They eat every garbage as long as there's he logo. This twink isn't spiderman, he's Iron man's fuckboi.

Just say you don’t like spider-man dude, it’s already pretty obvious

If OP asked for reasons why MCU Spidey was shit we would have at least one list of reasons with examples. The people that like these flicks cant even explain what makes them good beyond
>huh duh they are different lol
By that logic making Ned gay and having him be Spiderman would also be good
>muh quips
Tobey made a few shit quips. Andrew made lots of smart ass quips. Tom shouts and screams.
>I like the cast of characters bro
What cast of characters? The 10+ comic relief characters that cant go a single scene without at least one line played for laughs?

They are perfecting the way these movies are shot. Cgi looks great these days

>get a break once in a while
But thats not once in a while, its virtually every time. the only time things dont work out for him in the end is his dance with Liz who barely meant anything to him

Are you a woman?

They are literally just using the tired old MCU formula retard

This. I'm convince anyone who defends Tobey as Peter Parker never picked up a single Spider-man comic. I would've rather seen Topher Grace as Peter Parker, at least he has a personality. Tobey is just a one note mope.

Attached: eric_foreman_as_eddie_brock.jpg (393x326, 41K)

Why dont you normal fags just fuck off already

But is that not the core of the character? That even though being Spider-Man ruins his life he still puts on the mask because its what he was taught to do and his powers are a gift to protect his city?

MCU peter has none of that. There are no consequences to him being Spider-Man.

>Leg lock

L-lewd

MCU heroes face zero consequences in general.

Be sorry I’m serious

Raimifags don’t like Spider-Man they like Raimi

Understandable to be fair, can you really compare the filmmaking of the raimi movies to the MCU Spidey movies? Notice how no one ever calls them the Jon Watts movies? Because the have no personality, literally soul vs soulless

Thats what the accords were for but they have absolutely ZERO relevance after the first hour of Civil War

>Sometimes you just want to turn your brain off and enjoy yourself.

nigga, your brain was permanently off from birth

Garfield is definitely the strongest actor of the three. He was just given the worst script. His Parker came off as a complete prick for no reason.

Disney told me to so I clapped like a seal

He should have been cast as harry.

MJ's smelly brown feet

Why can't they at least use an attractive mulatta?

Attached: StenbergYellow.webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

MJ is attractive and all you people saying she isn't are literal faggots

>I'm convince anyone who defends Tobey as Peter Parker never picked up a single Spider-man comic
and that's why they're based
people who like the raimi movies like them because they're well-made MOVIES
""""people"""" who like the MCU spiderman """"movies"""" like them because they have the MCU logo and because they're "COMIC ACCURATE" - something only infantilized adults give a shit about

Attached: 1111.png (249x249, 79K)

Irl Zendaya is quite good looking but they go out of their way to make her ugly in these films. Why they had to do that and also call her MJ is beyond me

I think this is the bottom line distinction between the raimi films and Webb and MCU films. Spider-Man 1+2 were genuinely very good films that even 15 years later are still being watched and referenced despite two reboots. Once the next reboot roles around Hollands Spiderman will be forgotten, like Andrew

I really liked Spiderman: FFH. I thought MJ and Peter were adorable together, it made me laugh, it had interesting and fun action scenes (Spiderman swinging around while on fire was great and the dream sequence with Mysterio was fantastic). I liked how it showed how normal people reacted to the Snap, and I liked how people mourned for Tony (because I'm an Ironfag).
I loved Ned and his gf and Nick Fury.
It was a light, fun movie that was well done and enjoyable. I'm not always looking for The Seventh Seal or Apocalypse Now when I hit the theaters.

gib qt mulatta gf

How did normal people react to the snap? All I saw were jokes being made around it

Did you like that Tony Stark made a fleet of killer drones that could kill any one on the planet with a word similar to Hydra in TWS? And then left them to a child, who then uses them to drone strike his friends,

I think your right about having low expectations. The only people that hate these films are the ones that actually went in hoping it would be good

>implying capeshitters have high enough iq their brains need to be shut off anyways

Holland is a good actor, and plays off his adult and teenage co-stars well.
Takes the tropes and themes of Spider-Man and remixes them in a way that's familiar without being repetitive trash (ie, Amazing Spider-Man).
Great villains.

Attached: 1562388293863.png (1280x720, 745K)

Spider-Man 2 is jesus

Subtle

Kys

Raimi understood what spider man is

Based Peter Parker addicted to some delicious chocolate asses

I have a father...

His name was Ben Parker...

Holland is not a good actor

I actually like Spider-Man a lot.

I just get aggravated with the idea that Peter is never allowed to win or has to be miserable or that things always have to end as bleakly as possible for him to BE Spider-Man. I feel like that's mistaken.

Someone I know once said that Homecoming fell short as a movie because Vulture didn't die and Peter was able to save the day at the end of the movie. But I think Vulture dying at the end of Homecoming would have been a completely jarring tonal shift.

Spider-Man is a superhero. Superheroes save people. Not everything has to be so brutal and unforgiving for it to be a good movie. That is the major appeal of the Holland movies in my opinion.

Is this bait. They have relevance all the way up to Infinity War.

Amy Pascal should show something new
New heroes and villains that never appeared before
Black Cat and Spiderwoman was something new they could put
MCU has no villain like Black Cat and a character like Spider woman
But they should be true to the classic versions

>Topher Grace as Peter Parker
That would've worked

Great

>Casting
Tom Holland is the perfect Spiderman. He looks like a high schooler, and he is the perfect balance between dorky Peter Parker and quippy Spiderman.
>Villains
The villains in the MCU Spiderman movies have both been great. With the exception of Doc Oc, the other Spiderman movies had shit villains.
>MCU tie ins
Every MCU movie is improved by the world building of the larger universe. The interconnectedness of the movies makes things more interesting.
>No goddamn origin story
BLAH BLAH BEN DIES, PETER IS BIT BY A SPIDER, WE KNOW

Attached: piderman.jpg (540x304, 16K)

Wrong, goober.

The fact that you would never suspect that he's british is proof enough that he's a good actor.
Bendherdick Cuminsnatch still barely pulls it off.

Thank you for saying this so I don't have to

based dark souls interconnectedness poster

They discussed the Snap in that narration in the beginning and had Peter Geelong inadequate compared to that Chad dude. They just didn't cut themselves or state out the window smoking. It's an action-comedy film. We already had a film where people sit in a circle and cry about it. Movies have different tones.

And yes, I liked that Tony made a fleet. He's crazy like that, and I thought leaving it to Peter is an obvious passing of the torch of being an Avenger. If you're upset at larger responsibilities being given to ordinary people, I don't think you'll enjoy the super hero concept or a super hero movie.

>But is that not the core of the character? That even though being Spider-Man ruins his life he still puts on the mask because its what he was taught to do and his powers are a gift to protect his city?

The thing is, we've already seen that a lot. The MCU Spider-Man movies are a big relief. There's never going to be another Raimi, so I'm glad they don't attempt to emulate his triumphs. I liked those movies. I like these ones too.

>The core of the character.

I wouldn't say the core of Spider-Man is something so bleak. I think the core of Spider-Man is doing the right thing even though it's hard sometimes, and not misappropriating something that can be used for others.

"Ruining his life" feels like an exaggeration that has been perpetuated by repetitive story telling for a long time, but not a necessary, fundamental aspect of Spider-Man.

People call them the MCU Spider-Man movies because that's what they are, but those films have a lot of personal charm to them.

Fuck you theres nothing wrong with his acting.

>They discussed the Snap in that narration in the beginning
You mean the Blip

>everyone crying about sam raimi and toby macguire spiderman

>0 mentions of the 2 andrew garfield spiderman movies that were actually not bad at all.

That is the Snap, when people went missing for a few years. Blip is Snap is Blip.

Stark is fine with a fleet of killer drones as long as they're in his hands. Or someone he trusts.
Only thing I didn't like about the drones is that they all had the illusion projectors built into them. The movie makes it seem like Stark never thought the projectors were anything more than a dumb gimmick, so it's a little weird that all the drones have them. But Stark is big on hypocrisy so it's not that weird.

I'm just joking because the movie officially names it the blip among the general population.

>0 mentions of the 2 andrew garfield spiderman movies that were actually not bad at all.

Still can't put that one together, huh?

They had some good action scenes and I liked the theme for the 2nd one, but the stories sucked and they were pretty forgettable.
Andrew Garfield made for a pretty good Spiderman, but a bad Peter Parker.
youtube.com/watch?v=x6UZfZx3ChY

>I'm convince anyone who defends Tobey as Peter Parker never picked up a single Spider-man comic
And I'm convinced anyone who defends MCU Spiderman is either a teenage girl with the hots for Holland, a shill or someone who has only read Ultimate Spidertwink.
Raimi movies take a lot from the comics. Not the ones where Peter looks like a 16 yo boy prostitute with AIDS, but the ones where he is an actual, socially outcast nerd. The classics from the 60s. And Raimi took as much as he could from them while adapting them to the (back then) modern times. Their take on the characters is so influential and faithful that the only way TAS and MCU Spiderman managed to develop their own "identity" is by butchering the source comics with shit like Skater-Hipster Peter, 40-some milf Aunt May, no Uncle Ben, mutt faux MJ, making Peter Tony Stark's bitch boy and so on. This is even worse with MCU Spiderman as it ironically strays further away from the comics. And when they tried to come up with their own J.J. Jameson, the talentless hacks just brought back the same guy who played him in Raimi's Spiderman, admitting they couldn't do anything better than what Raimi did.
Get fucked, MCUcks.

Attached: 1478916136728.jpg (281x325, 14K)

I am forever mad she's not a redhead.

isn't your picture from Predators (2010)?

she passes because she has white features

why was this suit so gay looking

Wew, thick.

user, I think it's YOU that has never picked up an issue of Spider-Man in his life. And I'm not talking about Ultimate or even mid 90's-current year Spider-Man, I'm talking about the old comics that actually did his character right (60's-early 90's Spider-Man).
Zoomers like you shouldn't even bother pretending to know your shit when it's so obvious you get all your knowledge of comics from some manchild on youtube who reads a summary for you.

thwip thwip vs. snikt snikt

I just like how they're a whole different flavor compared to the other spidey movies. I enjoy seeing different interpretations of characters.

Mysterio is not dead

>t. assblasted brainlet

No it actually doesn't. Even the edgy manbaby in spider-man 3 feels more like spider-man than anything in these ripoffs.

WM/BF

youtube.com/watch?v=t818XJ-z4G4