/Legion/

Sorry, but does anyone even watch Legion on this board?

I thought you liked caper shows.

Attached: legion eating.jpg (1280x718, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFXX8jYN2R0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I watched the Syd episode last night, can we take a minute to talk about young Syd. Mmmm

The second season was shit and I dropped the show because of it. It was trying way too hard to be kino, and failed in the process because of it. The first season was actual kino

Attached: legion..png (1870x1034, 873K)

I watched the first season and liked it, but I dropped it during season 2 early on. It just felt like it was trying too hard to top the first season that they went even more off-the-rails but it didn't work for me.

I’m fucking dying waiting for it to start tonight.

>First for Disguised Charles Cary.

show has disappeared up it's own ass and is too interested in it's own impromptu musical numbers

The Yea Forums threads are more active.

Those aren’t musical numbers. They’re interesting representations of telepathic fights. I’d rather watch that than two guys shot at Dutch angles making their eyes big and heads tremble while blood runs out of one nostril.

I dunno bout Syd, but I like how they keep shoving this shitty actress model in the last couple episodes.

Attached: legion2.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Honestly I only really liked the first episode of season 1.

Season 2 did sort of go up it's own ass, but it defined it's own identity, even if it did sacrifice any sort of logic to the plot.

The logic is that practically everything we’ve seen happening in the show takes place in David’s head or on the Astral Plane. Even all the Division 3 stuff.

>legion will end today

Attached: dty.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

But it’s glory will be with us always - the Twin Peaks of the cape genre.

I like the 3 main performers on the show but goddamn that show got too boring, artsy, and pretentious in season 2. Couldn't handle it. Stopped watching.

Dan Stevens call it quits? Good call.

It was planned for three seasons from the start. I actually wish more shows would do this.

I don't know if you guys do live threads anymore, but here's a bump if anyone is going to watch it. I think it begins soon.

Attached: legionred.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

anyone got streams?

It does, but I absolutely don’t post during it. There’s too much to be missed.

Attached: syd.jpg (739x415, 20K)

series finale

>long awaited final episode of beloved series starts with people pulling weaponry and fish from their ears
I'll miss Legion.

123tvnow dot com slash watch slash fx-live

I am Legion. Arf!

Attached: 1544376237897.jpg (640x800, 114K)

Where's my musical number, REEEEEEEEEEee

Oh, here it is!

Mother, should I build the wall?

Mother should I run for president

your wife is now old Yea Forums

I’M FUCKING SPEECHLESS.

/ourgirl/ got a wholesome ending, I'm glad.

switch is cute

hope she gets more work

It was her debut role btw. AFAIK she works as an illustrator for Marvel.

I agree they last two episodes were a bit wasted with the musical numbers/ Syd focus.
I'd rather see more of the comic adaptation of Xavier and David's mother. I just hope they left enough time to wrap the story up in a good way. We never have really seen the true potential of David's power

Attached: BigBrain.jpg (385x302, 17K)

How's the series finale?

Cover artist. Her regular art is pretty good, but the covers she did are ass

>We never have really seen the true potential of David's power
In the context of the show they might as well be unlimited. Don't expect him to change into Endgame or other "personality with power" since they clearly decided not to go this route.

Fuck yeah. Also:

FOR ONCE, DON’T BELIEVE WHAT YOU’RE BEING TOLD, CHARLES, YOU TRUSTING, COMPASSIONATE, FORGIVING CUNT.

Excellent

wholesome

Did Switch just get her secondary mutation?

lul nothing of value was lost

Jesus Christ american commercials are terrible

>Gabriel Xavier

>Louie Dewey

Switch being four-dimensional being is equivalent of UFO showing up in Fargo and I'm very ok with that and that's a good thing, here's why

We're all four dimensional beings. three dimensions+time

I think she and her father are Roma and Maerlyn.

Also, motherfucking masterpiece.

LAME ENDING

So this was a bait from Noah Hawley for brainlets like me, nice.

>Reddit waiting for weeks for ebin battle and bad ending with David destroying the world or erasing himself
>They all talk it out in the end
BASED NOAH

But seriously, I really enjoyed the ending and I'm beginning to feel sad that it's the end.

You're a 3-dimensional being travelling along the time axis. You can't go backwards and forwards.

Yes I can.

Not while sitting in the chair, you can't

Your hand moving up and down rhythmically doesn't count as travel on the time axis.

Well I liked the ending. I was glad to see world ending disaster averted & time getting set right.

>They all talk it out in the end
Actually based. David, his father, past and present Farouk all becoming bros was wholesome as fuck. Whoever was expecting a huge all out brawl, doesn't care about David as a character. He finally matured in this last episode.

Attached: 1499277209029.png (507x482, 463K)

It's not a requirement for a being to be able to move freely in that dimension. You just need to exist in it.

So, now I wait for the New Pope, Watchmen and Fargo 4.

Any upcoming recommendations from people who actually enjoyed Legion?

this.

Not in the context they are using it. You're like a flatlander being buffeted in the breeze in three dimensions like a leaf.

>tfw the only kino I've looked forward to every week is now officially over
>literally nothing else on
Is S3 of Atlanta confirmed?

umbrella academy on nflx has one of the writers from legion s1

the boys on amazon is not exactly legion like but its bizarro capeshit

That is a nice ending, except they didn't set it up that way. The only thing suggesting Faruk had changed was that Cyd believed him that he was working to save the world from David, and that was deliberately weak so you weren't sure if it was a lie.

Here, David teams up with Charles so the two of them can definitely fully defeat Faruk, but Faruk teams with his younger self so it will be a more even battle again.

Since young Faruk was out to kill, as it fell out couldn't have possibly been the elder's intent. I suspect the changed it to a talky end, but that that was slapped on fairly late into the planning of this season.

Adding lots of music to a show worked for Guardians, and then Legion. It does not surprise many shows do it now, including Umbrella.

Glee showed those who own the music are happy to give big discounts if not free use to shows because the online profits from increased sales and YouTube views more than pays for it.

>Season ends with everything resolved by communicating and understand at each other
Kinda anticlimactic but refreshing

They are making 2 seasons at once for Atlanta, though I haven't seen it yet.
Is it good?

>what's so funny about peace love and understanding
oh...

Attached: 85.jpg (1000x667, 540K)

Already saw The Boys, don't know about Umbrella, but will check it out since I also saw that it's scored by Jeff Russo (who did Legion and Fargo)

Wow, I wasn't expecting The Wall music video sequence at all. It's a nice callback to season 1's reliance on Dark Side of the Moon.

Yeah I kind of agree. He's the one who caused David to become so angry and murderous no matter how you look at it and violently murdered his family including his adopted sister just for the sake of being an absolute dick to David by turning her into Lenny.

I mean, the second season ended with him manipulating everyone into being convinced that he would destroy the universe which he does specifically because they pushed him into a corner and forced his hand. There's no way he knew David would run into a time traveler and he specifically let David in to kill everyone on the ship because they were.... cowards?

Even though he talks about how disappointing it is that Xavier wanted to fight with a blade instead of choosing peace? Like wtf, he fucked everything up. He deserves no trust or sympathy. He chose to be an absolute monster.

Does Syd ever answer for her own non-consensual sex crimes when she was a teenager or otherwise stop vilifying a mentally unstable psychic for wanting things to be back to normal? Syd's hypocrisy nearly ruined the second season for me, and I've been holding off on season 3 for this reason.

The Terror just started back up.

Nope. Never. They just had that one episode where David goes into her mind and spends so much of his time trying to figure her out but she keeps telling him to fuck off even though she never makes sense of what David's missing from her memories. She's more full of herself than any other character and is pretty much the cause of every single issue that occurs when you consider how she turns on David to such an extreme.

Fantastic, no loose ends. Satisfying ending

Goddammit. I was afraid of that.
She doesn't take over the show and beat him, does she?

I feel wrong for liking this show but Preacher is a really fun watch if you're fine with something that's crazy and stupid without much reason

no, I'm honestly happy with the ending considering all the ways it could have gone wrong. Won't say more than that

She's a hypocritical bitch for most of the season, but there's an event that makes her abandon that.

when david told switch, "it will all be over soon". he should have said "it might be over soon"

Good to know. Might as well get to it, then.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 76K)

You both are missing the point. Remember that she was in that hospital too, her life was even bigger nightmare than David's who had his moments of semi normal life. She couldn't touch, interact rtc. with anyone for her entire life.

David was made for her, with his fantastic powers that could spawn white room. She never had anyone this close to her, not even her family. His betrayal and rape was 1000x more devastating than anything anyone could have done to her.

As for her xrime - it was pretty obviously coded as wrong from the get go, and it's discussed between words in ep 5. Still, doesn't have anything to do with the fact that she had every reason to turn on David.

>His betrayal and rape was 1000x more devastating than anything anyone could have done to her.
It's not what someone else would've done to her. It's what she did to her mom's boyfriend.
Guy had to go to pound-me-in-the-ass prison for being a child molester, because she wanted some dick in her. Syd doesn't know a goddamned thing about pain.

There isn't really an indication of how long Farouk was trapped in the space with no time. The only hint we have is his comment when he walks out of the mural, which makes it seem like it could have been the equivalent of eons.

I'd be over with her soon, if you catch my drift ;)

>betrayal and rape
>all he did was use his powers to bang her, like every single other time he had to bang her

>she had every reason to turn on David.
Yeah, how dare a mentally fucked guy do whatever he could to make life a little less garbage by getting his girlfriend horny.

Yeah, but the mind-fucking was consensual prior to that.

thats why he gifted his memories to his past self and accepted himself being erased, so the other him can still fix things

>her own non-consensual sex crimes
What were those again?

Disguising herself as her mother in order to fuck her mother's boyfriend.
He did not consent to fucking an underage girl, but he's permanently a sex offender anyway.

David's betrayal wasn't seen as betrayal from his perspective though. He was in the middle of fighting off "Delusion" and thought that she was under the influence. It wasn't right what he did, but he didn't do it with the purpose of going against her consent.

They explained that she felt alone because of that, but she deserves responsibility for the things she did because of her mental illness just as much as David did for influencing her mind.

and by mental illness, I mean powers, but it's moderately relative in this show

He wiped her memory before getting her horny and fucking her in the white room. It was as much rape as he could ever do to her without physical contact.

This 100%.
David had every reason to believe that Farouk was still evil, considering Farouk made him a shell of a man in the first place, and he was fairly certain that everybody in the building was under his influence. From his perspective it was fully justifiable to remove his influence from her mind.

>not only gets away with framing a an for pedophilia, but is painted as heroic from that point on
What did Noah mean by this?

Just playing devil's advocate, but didn't the show imply that her mother's boyfriend was an asshole? I'm not saying that justifies her ruining his life, but I can understand how a teenage girl wants to protect her mother - the only person who she'd ever connected with - from harm.

That's the thing though. She wasn't having sex with her mom's boyfriend to protect her. If it was protecting her mom, she could've done it in a lot of other ways, like telling her he looked at her funny or some shit.
The thing is she also wanted his dick.

That's what was genius about the second season because it was such a confusing mess, the fan base seemed to have been totally lost on who was good and bad up until the point where the lines had faded and the characters themselves no longer really knew either. David only had Lenny which was just a brutal "fuck you" since it was his sisters body that was modified for no purpose aside from pissing off David.

I love how cool Farouk is, but I still very much hate Farouk and really think they gave him too much of a pass for the things he's done.

>LAME ENDING
Yes.

>I love how cool Farouk is, but I still very much hate Farouk and really think they gave him too much of a pass for the things he's done.
For sure. The guy was a despicable fuck who didn't give a shit about anything but himself. I don't think it should've ended with a fight (especially considering I wasn't crazy about the fight at the S2 finale), but it should've at least had Farouk face some kind of consequence for the life-rending shit he was responsible for.

Well, old Farouk ceased to exist along with everyone else. It's a consequence.

What I'm having trouble swallowing is past Farouk becoming a better person after seeing David's life... considering he destroyed kingdoms and imprisoned thousands of souls inside the minds of children.
Morally, Farouk is a demon. Getting a concentrated shot of "look at how shitty David's life was" shouldn't be enough to redeem him.

Granted, he didn't change completely, he was still talking about ruling the world at the end.

Season 1 was kino
Season 2 was saved by Farouk's performance
Season 3 is half good and half boring. The Shield segment was amazing though

I mean yeah, as far as consequences go it wasn't unacceptable. Things could've gone a lot worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFXX8jYN2R0

Are you sure? I thought the idea was that Syd knew the consequences he would receive and still fucked him anyway. That way he would disappear from her mother's life. Telling her mother that he did something wouldn't have been enough to make a difference in their abusive relationship. I didn't think getting laid out of self-interest was her main plan.

best show on tv

Its not just a concentrated view of David's life. Its him driving David to becoming a threat to existence, curating David's bloodlust, being defeated by him multiple times, and being banished into a timeless hellscape for who knows how long.

I don't even remember that guy even being that much of an asshole outside of a few snide remarks.
Syd's attraction to him was pretty obvious, too. Even if it wasn't her main plan, she still did want to fuck him.
In any case, what she did that guy was miles worse than what David did to her, especially considering David legitimately thought wiping her mind would purge Farouk's manipulations.

he didnt fuck an underaged girl. he fucked her mom. if anyone was violated it was her mom as her body never consented. syds mind did

and he's done worse in the past, the only thing that I think could make a dent is the eons in the in-between-time place.

When her mom walked in after the bodyswap, he was balls deep, user.
Syd essentially raped them both, and faced zero consequences for it.

That's true as well, but what makes it extra confusing is that not only does Syd swap minds with the person, she swap places. If she's on the right and the person is on the left, then the person's body with Syd's mind will be on the right and Syd's body with the person's mind will be on the left.

But yeah, she took her mom's ass for a joyride, went in for the dick, got the dick and then said "but why did he give me the dick? Put him in pedojail!"

>But yeah, she took her mom's ass for a joyride, went in for the dick, got the dick and then said "but why did he give me the dick? Put him in pedojail!"
Not really what happened. Her mom was the one doing the yelling.
Syd didn't say a single word.

Yeah well, the complaining came later, but her silence allowed his imprisonment.

I agree. It's still entirely on Syd. And then she's willing to straight up murder David beyond all logic for "raping" her because Farouk suggested it?
Fucking Starlight's less insufferable.

mfw Pink Floyd again

Attached: hit the wall.jpg (452x679, 58K)

>Switch solves all the problems
>Time demons reduced to pets
>David doesn't come to terms with his mental illness
>Syd doesn't learn that she isn't the hero either
>Shadow King becoming good for absolutely no reason

Attached: 1548204448302.jpg (256x256, 20K)

We all saw it coming but it was a matter of what song and I think they executed it perfectly the David moshpit was a bit silly but it still had emotional impact.

Syd is unironically Skylar of capeshit.

Farouk I think, started to get used to being a man instead of one that fancied himself a God.
He did bad things and I also think he was trapped into caring by being in David. (Possibly as a result of David's illness or his powers - or both.

When he finds out about the time Traveller and Syd's death he tries to get Syd to stay behind.

>legion will end today
What did he mean by this

Oh shiiiiitttt i didn't even know it was on already god damn. Welp im bailing from this thread before one of you troglodytes ruins it for me

Episode is already out in decent quality in the usual places, go go go

She's worse when you really think about it. Skylar never imposed herself to be the good guy and wasn't antagonizing Walter into doing the bad shit he was doing because of her feelings.

Skylar's character arch would have been hated regardless unless she just went all in with Walt but Syd goes from adorable to dumb to self-obsessed all from her own choices.

worst final scene

Remember all the people that said
>just wait, syd is gonna get btfo

guess what happened? nothing

according to the writers, syd did nothing wrong and she's a strong IMPORTANT independent woman who need no man.

Remember when she said "men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them". Here's your legion bro. Honestly I'm glad disney came in and axed that show.

>Women dont kill men

Except when your insane GF stabs you 45 times in the shower

Attached: jodi-arias-crimescene-photos-F.jpg (540x400, 41K)

To be fair, everyone got away with everything. Xavier got away with abandoning his child, with no explanation for why he did it in the first place, Farouk got away with all the unbelievable shit he did, David got away with his shit including fucking over Switch, and of course Syd goes free as well. This was a painfully unsatisfying finale. And worst of all boring. It's a fucking boring episode which is something I never though I would say about this show.

Nothing is better than if she turned into a gigantic angry vagina and ate David alive for his transgressions, like some kind of fucked up feminist Stardust.

Attached: power-of-stardust.jpg (1000x724, 169K)

I actually got this poster up in my room.
I should have known, but I couldn't believe those maniacs did it.

Attached: Pink FLoyd The Wall Berlin.jpg (296x450, 43K)

Ooooh aah

Attached: trump mussolini 1510614526559.jpg (1112x772, 302K)

I really expected a somewhat bad ending. I expected David to kill his father by accident in a fit of anger trying to kill Faruk. Kinda like what Legion did with Charles and Eric in Legion Quest. Maybe his mom would have died or gone mad without him. He would have been the cause of his own abandonment and torment. Then at the very end they could have left it so that they tried to go back and fix it again, leaving some hope they broke the loop.

Meh. My head cannon is that he did and this was the one they finally got right.

Certainly the original timeline was one without the X-men and Charles Xavier never created a team of mutants to bring peace between humans and mutants.

Attached: X-Men (Series 2) 041 (Large)-19.jpg (1594x2427, 453K)

tfw mother knocks on the door but you're too busy shitposting on the Yea Forums

Attached: screencaps-03290.jpg (1916x802, 144K)

This, dropped hard in season 2

>I am a good boy
>I deserve love

Hmm. I thought of the blue meanies, but I guess the time monsters kinda look like these guys too.

Attached: screencaps-03296.jpg (1916x802, 204K)

Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?

Attached: screencaps-03303.jpg (1916x802, 204K)

Mother should I trust the government?

Attached: screencaps-03304.jpg (1916x802, 196K)

It's okay. They hit the reset button. None of that matters.

hello. is there anybody in there?

Attached: screencaps-03307.jpg (1916x802, 177K)

Ooooh Babe Ooooh Babe Ooooh Babe
You'll always be a baby to me

Attached: screencaps-03309.jpg (1916x802, 242K)

hello

Attached: screencaps-03334.jpg (1916x802, 171K)

Hush now baby don't you cry
Mama's gonna make all of your
Nightmares come true

Attached: legion mother nightmares.jpg (797x447, 39K)

oooooo baby

Attached: legion mother baby.jpg (798x455, 24K)

I got it on my DVR, but I should bootleg a copy just to more easily grab screencaps.

Attached: screencaps-03394.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Mother will she tear your little boy apart?

Attached: screencaps-03396.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>tfw no switch gf

Attached: legion.s03e08.internal.720p.web.h264-bamboozle_[00:29:51.790]_[2019.08.13][18:29:32].png (1280x720, 801K)

I prefer one that's a dom.

We've already had enough Pink Floyd references on this show.

Attached: Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259.jpg (400x259, 13K)

God. I wish that were me.

Are you people just copy pasting from the Yea Forums thread

>villain goes back in time to save himself

Attached: untitled1.png (1023x892, 1.32M)

No. I was copy pasting there from this thread.

Attached: 1561018834164.jpg (1520x1080, 268K)

Attached: 1546999958430.png (1280x720, 493K)

I prefer mine to be subs but doms in bed

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F01%2Flauren-tsai-legion-fx (1280x854, 216K)

Guys, what do you think about Farouk? After season 3, do his actions in season 2 make sense? Why did he kill Amy? Did he only manipulate Syd to save himself?

It's a dumb twist that doesn't make any sense if you think about if for more than a minute. It's the same as them trying to make Syd the rapist sympathetic. Everyone in this show should have died.

Season 3 is the best in the series

Everyone in the show did die, and the only one who managed to transfer his own memories to his past self is Farouk, who also managed to hold on to his position as shadow king of morocco, didn't have to leave his physical body behind, and earlier in the season was bragging about how good of a liar he is to Syd while he proposed to explain to her how to manipulate david
Gee I wonder if the show is trying to tell me something here

>Everyone in the show did die, and the only one who managed to transfer his own memories to his past self is Farouk, who also managed to hold on to his position as shadow king of morocco, didn't have to leave his physical body behind, and earlier in the season was bragging about how good of a liar he is to Syd while he proposed to explain to her how to manipulate david
this guy gets it. in the flashback scene he says, "look at what i have planned." he's still going to find a way to control David. David is still doomed.

its a good ending but I would have much preferred if Farouk would have got what was coming to him. But I suppose thats what seperates retards like us from David.

Wtf was this ending. I Wanted David to be the ultimate unstoppable crazy villain and he let himself get cucked by switch deus ex machina

>being in David for 32 years changed Farouk
so what the fuck was he doing for the past 2 seasons?
this doesn't make any sense at all, it's like his change of heart only occurred this season, but when?

While he was in the timeless place I guess. He had plenty of time to reflect on what he'd done.

when did Syd ever help her?

Attached: legion.s03e08.1080p.web.h264-memento_[00:38:03.364]_[2019.08.13][21:27:55].png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

So Farouk won?

Wait I missed a whole season? When did season 3 even start?

Farouk's objective was always to regain his physical body, and he saw his empire being taken down as an example of western arrogance
This "I actually love david as a son" narrative only materialized during his captivity. He did nothing but fuck with david and fight him during season 2. He even pushed Syd into trying to kill him, which he does again in season 3.
Incidentally, once he's trying to lure Syd into killing David (and possibly herself in the process) he mentions both how apt he is at lying, and that he never lies.
The only change that occurred to farouk is that he realized he could easily solve all of his problems by erasing his interactions with the xaviers altogether, and that's what he did in the end by bullshitting his way around things as he has been doing since s01e01.
By the end of the show farouk regained his status as a demigod emperor in morocco while david may or may not still grow up to be a crazy motherfucker, considering we established multiple times his mental illness had nothing to do with farouk whatsoever
Farouk is also the only person who manages to retain his memories, in short farouk won

2 months ago.

>Farouk is also the only person who manages to retain his memories
Xavier has full knowledge of the deleted timeline as well.

Was I this bitter?

>that one guy who's OBSESSED with Syd being "rapist" and can't enjoy the show, because his /r9k/ filled brain can't stand that the female character wasn't nailed to the cross

Xavier has david's perspective on it, Farouk has got his own

Xavier isn't a literal who mutant though (neither is farouk) so him having even a distorted view of what could happen is comforting enough.
I don't disagree with anons that believe Farouk pulled 1 last trick and managed to bamboozle everyone in the end. However i also think many of you just like to think it like this to shield yourselves from a simpler truth: the writers of this show are hacks and wanted to end it on a generic feel good tune. But you refuse to accept this (understandable) and end up adding some personal twist that isn't there

ebin, but there were a lot more "hack-ish" ways to end this.
This is far from feel-good ending, it's more of a hopeful one, and I'd argue that ending it with all mutants agreeing that the conflict is stupid and David getting some parental love is much riskier than big battle with some twist a la David killing Charles.

That kind of ending feels more like something Oliver would've achieved. In fact I think that Oliver is the one character that personifies the spirit of the series the best out of everyone else.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I asked myself, why the fuck would they set up Farouk as a master manipulator and liar so many times through this same season? I do think the writers were going for it, it's not a bad deal for David and his family either but Farouk most definetly got the best deal out of anyone.
I'm sure he has some affection for David but it's also a twisted one that relies on him not really seeing anyone else as his equal, Farouk is still the one who lured David on the airship and got everyone killed in the first place, specifically to set up a situation in which Syd could fuck over David by pretending to love him (a situation which he himself suggested)

His interactions with his younger self kinda contradict him being manipulative at this point, unless he knows this entire season is built around empathy and is breaking the 4th wall and manipulating the audience as well.
Who knows how much time he spent outside time, maybe he had a journey similar to Syd and realized all the shit he's done, but they didn't show it either due to time constraints or because it would've been redundant and too similar to Syd episode.
Or he just regrets himself being petty and bitter because he wasn't as cold and calculating as he is 30+whatever years later?
Navid Negahban is just too good, I can't tell if he's playing a changed man or playing a man who's playing a changed man.

Peak kino. Not even fucking around.

This. Unlike season 1, season 2 was largely set in reality, but it was still surreal and ultra-artsy for no goddamn reason.

What are your standout roles from the entire series? I know most of the actors did a great job, but let's keep it down to ~3.
For me, it's Aubrey Plaza, Navid Negahban and Jemaine Clement

Exactly how I feel. He is the matador here. Ultimately, it’s not about what we know, but rather what we’d like to believe. This is why I love this finale. It’s on each viewer to decide - is Farouk truly a changed man or is he still just manipulating everyone, including the audience?

Aubrey Plaza's left thigh, Aubrey Plaza's right thigh, Aubrey Plaza's ass in no particular order

The whole Oliver thing brothers me. There is a scene in season 2, when he's possessed by Farouk in which he tells him he'll be the one to kill him and that he has a plan already in motion: what is 1 plus 1?
Was his "plan" Syd? Because she didn't do shit to farouk

Mindhunter season 2 on Friday, Finch kino

I disliked it. Time Travel is hacky writing. Only enjoyed the dreamy visuals.

One plus one was David going back to the past to support Xavier in his battle against Farouk

But how is oliver connected to that? David decided to go back on his own. While Syd actively tried to stop him multiple times with any mean necessary. All oliver did was allow syd to live a second life in the astral plane

Am i forgetting something?

asian women
I love asian women

I have reason to believe that everyone David “spaced” was an external consciousness he incorporated into his hivemind. David is by far the most powerful, Farouk is the best manipulator, but Charles is the best “dancer” of the three. I believe that on some level, Charles and Farouk were working together to dismantle the hivemind David had constructed, hence why the recurring hexagonal motif first fracturing and finally disappearing over the course of the series.

I believe that literally everything in this show, except portions of the flashbacks to Gaby and Charles, *all* takes place either on the Astral Plane or inside David’s own mind. When the airship breaches through the atmosphere, we see it breaking clear of the (always) blue of David’s “sphere.” They believe this is taking them outside David’s teleportation range, but later we clearly see that it is not. I think that “space” is just a metaphorical representation for the space between the Astral Plane and objective reality. I think that by luring David “out there,” Farouk was enticing him nearer to the “real” world, and that the earth we see below is just David’s own elaborate Astral construct.

Nah, I think 1 + 1 is either:
>Aubrey Plaza shooting bullet with a bullet in s2 finale
or
>Olivier giving Syd a second childhood

I disagree. I think the only “reality” we ever really see is Charles and Gaby in flashback. Even there, there are hints of Charles being lured onto the Astral Plane by Farouk.

>dat crack in the tarmac
>dat car and “teleporting” driver straddling it, luring Charles across

Jemaine, Navid, and Aubrey for me too, honorable mention to Dan Stevens and Harry Lloyd.

I really, really appreciated the compassion and gentleness he brought to his interpretation of Xavier. We didn’t get to see enough of it.

Oliver might actually be Charles, or at least (yet another) incarnation of him in David’s mind - the emotionally distant father figure who lives in an ice cube.

See .

Personally, I believe that different stages in Charles’s and Gaby’s lives are represented by the three principal “couples” we see apart from Syd and David.

>Charles and Gaby
>Oliver and Melanie
>Cary and Kerry

was i the only one that found it weird how switch kept changing between mandarin and japanese?

Not considering what she and her father are ultimately revealed to be.

My feeling exactly. When Farouk stepped out of that painting, holy shit.

Between this and Fargo this faggot can do no wrong. Probably the two best shows ever made.

Good God, the imagery in this fucking show.

They look like Spineless ones from Mojoworld to me.

>yfw this was David’s reaction to “No, you don’t.”

Or they simply forgot about that scene because "our fans will squeeze their minds for us lol".
Besides our external knowledge of how Comicbook Legion's personalities work there is no clear hint the show follows the same concept. It's highly unlikely every character is just a projection from David's mind. Infact they push the opposite, David's hivemind is all made of clones of himself with different flavours. And every other character is an entity of its own.
I don't reject the possibility they're all projections, but It's a stretch

I don’t think they’re *all* projections. I think a few key characters are, most of them relating to Charles and Gaby. I believe that the Minotaur is actually David manifesting his subconscious awareness that Charles is in there to try to chase him out of the maze he’s made of his own mind.

I think all David’s “children” are alt personalities, and that all of the characters we think of as Division 3 are external consciousnesses David ultimately cuts loose. I think Fukuyama are like Charles and Farouk, an external telepathic consciousness intruding into David’s world, a consciousness that’s somehow artificial.

S1 was capekino

S3 is a pretentious capeflick

that ending wasnt tragic at all
this was such a peaceful let down
where is my season 2 ending kino?

I liked the scene where David ripped free of the straight-jacket and cast it away for it to morph into Farouk. I took that to be David acknowledging that it was always Farouk maddening him and crippling him and that when he casts it aside, he’s also casting aside his madness.

What's wrong with love, peace and, understanding?

If boy Cary can just absorb all the damage and exist inside girl Cary, why bother with the wheelchair?

I don’t think they’re reversible like that anymore. I think that was a temporary condition from Farouk fuckery.

Indeed

It's at least me and one other guy.
It's just that she basically did the same thing as David. Use her power to conceal her identity to fuck someone. Her being a hypocrite is a fucking writing accident apparently.

Or, just that - we’re to accept the fact that she’s not perfectly heroic and in the right. You can be flawed but still technically “righter” than the other party.

What I like about it is that ultimately, she’s shown defending David for the right reason, regardless of how wrong-headed she might be about some other things.

Although I am rather disappointed that she didn’t ultimately turn out to be the time demon reaching through the screen.

Personally what i dislike about syd is how schematic she feels from the outside. Her personal growth looks forced
>ok now we need to make her tougher
>ok now we need to put a hero moment
>ok now we have to show she's somewhat enlightened about her purpose
It looked so sterile. Most of the other characters have a fluid transition between their chapters. Syd felt on a schedule. And the more they tried to rush and "fix" her character the more hostility they generated, making her look like an insufferable cunt

Didn't syd get kinda fucked in the end?

David will grow up in a proper family without his mental demons yea...

But syds life growing up will be exactly the same as before, her being unable to touch anyone and wont meet david in the mental hospital either. The squads hunting down mutants will also still exist.

Xavier will start his school and is aware of Syd so presumably Syd will go to his school.
Then she will fall in love with the schoolmaster's son and they will live happily ever after.

Oh okay that's cool then.

Yes but don't forget Xavier with the new memories. We can just assume he will follow a new timeline to create the xmen and the school. I know he said no more travels but Legion's memories are within him and he's a kind soul. If you'd like to picture a happy ending for syd just immagine Xavier reaching out to her mother when she is born to explain mutants. Her mother was depicted as smart, she might understand.
After all David experienced syd childhood multiple times so Charles can tap into those memories as well

based dan stevens.

Attached: Dan Stevens and some slag.jpg (4376x3296, 2.57M)

This show made me so happy with how it handled telepathy and the Astral Plane.

Well, that was an ending.

I liked it.

Is he tall or a manlet? I thought the whole show he was a dwarf but a couple scenes caught me by surprise, like when he was in front of xavier

He's around 6ft1.

>they went for a fucking happy ending
>legion doesn't kill charles in the past thus destroying the universe with a paradox

gay

Me too. I’d like to think that Farouk’s time with David and his literal “time-out” really did change him. Navid made me fall in love with this character. He’s sooooo much better than he’s ever been in the comics.

If anyone is interested, based showrunner Noah Hawley is releasing his new movie in September. It's called Lucy in the Sky and stars Natalie Portman, Jon Hamm, and Ellen Burstyn. And Dan Stevens is in it. Support this guy's career!
>inb4 shill
Nope, I just really wanna see Hawley's career take off after seeing what he was able to do with Legion.

Attached: Portman.jpg (1347x2048, 276K)

I just hoped that them sharing a flaw would be instrumental in their emotional arcs concluding. Also that she got a replacement childhood to straighten her out would make her understand David's need for it too.
I guess that stuff is between the lines- but I'd like a little more driving this point home.
I think the upbeat ending feels a little wrong. It felt like the show was leading to David finding he can't undo the things he's done. But they all sort of- get away with everything.

I had the Time Demon theory too- hell you could make 3 more seasons of Switch dealing with alternate timeline Davids.
>Time is not a river, but an ocean
>The hallway is not a hallway, but a maze

Attached: demonhand.png (1364x570, 1.16M)

Me too, man. Re-releasing at theaters, I take it?

Yeah. Looks like it'll premiere at TIFF in September, then have a wider release on October 4.

I like the way you think.

Personally, I feel like Syd *did* understand what David needed by the end, and it came courtesy of her own second childhood.

I will definitely check it out. He’s earned my respect as a creator.

i watch it but i don't want to partake in this thread any more than just stating that. i'm still savouring the 2 last episodes for later.
there were lot's of good episodes with handfull of bad ones too but overall i like this series.
after watching fargo season 2 i didn't believe that guy could write anything good again but i guess he did succeed at legion

I recommend this for more Dan Stevens

Attached: apostle.png (700x1037, 1.17M)

It was alright.

The Guest is true Dan Stevens kino.

This movie was surprisingly good. Legit made me uncomfortable at times.

>The first season was actual kino
Not only that it was some of the best TV kino ever made.

Based Guest Chad

Attached: file.png (320x240, 110K)

>Also that she got a replacement childhood to straighten her out would make her understand David's need for it too.
On that note, I don't know if I'm interpreting it right, but I feel David also got a second, instantaneous childhood (or at least a relationship with his mom) in the Mother segment

Everyone knows Mother is not a positive song, it's about an overbearing mother poisoning her son's mind and making him dependent. However, the scene contextualizes the wall the mother builds as a defense against Farouk, maybe even a sense of self-confidence sufficient to break free.

I don't know how to feel about the message it sends. Even an unhealthy family relationship is preferable to none at all? Or maybe it represents David learning about, and how to cope with his own mental illness, inherited from his mom, through this new instant-relationship with her?

Definitely about coming to understand that without Charles, Gaby was left with no choice but to give him away, lest she poison him with her own madness. Ot’s about David coming to understand that even the decision to give him away was born out of her love for him. It’s David realizing that not only did he deserve love, he’d always had it.

It felt like a strangely conservative ending. To become an alright human being, David needs his mother's love but would just run into other development problems without his father to help him and Gaby.

Venture bros

>no lenny in the finale

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
E
D

Attached: XMEN-DEADPOOL-LEGION-actors.png (1088x2664, 2.22M)

>men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them
I actually thought this was foreshadowing that Syd would get her comeuppance for being such a selfish hypocrite, oh well

What a disappointment.

>Xavier got away with abandoning his child, with no explanation for why he did it in the first place
He didn't want to be reminded of Gabrielle

Very straightforward without too many emotional punches. Strangely lackluster. What happened to Ptolemy? Not that I even care.

Not even sure what they were trying to say.

>There's only one way to end this
>RAP BATTLE

K I N O

Why are space uniforms so erotic?

>Gareth Evans
>Dan Stevens
>surprisingly good