Where did Harry's parents get all the money?

Where did Harry's parents get all the money?

Attached: latest.jpg (1861x800, 276K)

Obviously it had been gathering interest all those years they were dead and Harry didn't have access to it.

What was their tax policy?

Where does zach?

>Harry is rich but this doesn't matter at all and is immediately forgotten
bravo rowling

nigga what about the time he bought all the candy

>Harry finds out he is not only a wizard who can perform miraculous feats, but he is also a celebrity, is absolutely loaded, and is the literal chosen one
Harry Potter is written like a self-insert fanfic taking place within the Harry Potter series

They shorted their stocks on battle wands just before they died correctly anticipating that they would crash after Voldemort's death.

So what was the interest rate? Basic consumer banks usually dont have good rates.

His dad's side were all blue bloods like the Malfoys

This is a magic bank ran by goblins so maybe they're no so comparable.

Sirius Black took out huge wizarding insurance policies on Harry's parents the week before they got killed. It's true, look it up on pottermore.

Why are you looking for logic from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip?
Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1485638790859.jpg (1565x2823, 558K)

His dad was a famous sportsman.

The Potter family invented Skele-Gro, that alone would be enough yearly revenue to fill several vaults

This always fucking bothered me as a child. I was always confused as to why Harry just didn't buy a house or something or used his money in effective ways. He lived like a poor person and in abuse for most of his child life and then when he had the means to get out he doesn't take the opportunity.

After that point I just stopped giving a fuck about this trash series.

>This is a magic bank ran by goblins
How is that any different from real world banks?

kek

It's so you don't have to worry about things like tax policies.

Lmao

they used moneyo doubleo and turned one gold coin into a million

>be harry
>be rich
>don't buy all the pussy he wants
>never buy A grades for his exams or joke about how little Mcgonagall make annually compared to this big fortune

>Doubleo
>Million

Lucky Larry Potterstein took out massive insurance policies right before September 9 and 11 quarters when Harry’s parents died. He had a doctors appointment to get to and canceled dinner with Lily and James who were then killed by Voldemort. He gave some of the profits to Harry

This. I'm sure there was another ancestor who invented or discovered something too, maybe the guy who made polyjuice potion.

Black was actually an insider trader and had gotten Harry's parents killed for it. He then ran overseas but left the money in a hidden savings account ran by the biggest Jews in the world so it would be safe.

epic

He isn't that rich, I thinks something about save money when Hagrid stops him from buying a Gold Cauldron because he need the money for the next 6 years.
The he inherits Sirius House and his elf... Goodric Valley's house is him as well?

They only had to do it 20 times you fucking brainlet

Why wasn't rape more common in the Harry Potter universe? You have love potions, memory charms, petrificus totalus, and probably a million more spells and tools that would make raping and gettin away with it an absolute cakewalk.

Imagine you were using the school equipment and some rich snot shows up with expensive professional gear that objectively gives him an advantage.

Attached: nimbus-2000-harry-potter-3d-model-low-poly-max-fbx.jpg (1469x751, 36K)

Rape was common. What do you call Dumbledore practically giving away the house cup to Gryffindor in year 1?

How to spot a zoomer.

>(((goblins)))

Attached: goblins.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Why don't the other wizards just conjure up money?

Imagine being a poorfag in a world where you can conjure things out of thin air

> 1 * 20 = 40
huh?

Well they don't have magic in the real world.

Yes, a love potion was directly responsible for Voldemort being born.

>canned intro
Improve yourself.

>hufflepuff education

Why do wizards need money anyway, can't they just conjure up whatever they want?

Same reason the entire wizarding world decided the best way to handle normal humans was to hide literally everybody, instead of dominating the pesky fools that thought it's a good idea to make enemies of people with magic, trolls, dragons, etc.

Because that's just how the setting is. Period.

Wizards are like europeans and americans today. They're basically superior in basically everything, but abandoned their fate of ruling the world.
And what happens when they do that? The rest of the world starts destroying them.
The wizard world in Harry Potter will vanish soon enough, and it doesn't matter if they bring some dragons or whatever.
What they (wizards and white people alike) lack is the blood frenzy and power thirsty to subjugate others.

1. transfigure pebbles into gems
2. sell gems to muggles
3. exchange muggle money for galleons
1. go to 1

She didn't think that deeply about it, but she should have.

In the Chamber of Secrets it creates a mini arms-race when Malfoy buys his entire team brooms that are even better and none of the other houses can even compete.

Goblins will kill you. The IRS has magic swords in the Potterverse.

Its brought up many, many times throughout the first few books. Harry always has the best shit and Ron always has trash. Its only really something that is forgotten by book 5 where the plot moves away from Hogswart.

Raping muggles, while illegal, was only considered a problem if it became a problem.

Then how do you explain your dubs being stolen?

He was a minor still and couldn't leave the Dursleys. He wasn't smart enough to try getting emancipated (because he's a child) and the adults who are the logical choice to help him (i.e. Dumbledore) wanted to keep him with the Dursleys because of the protection spell.

And then the Goblins will research how you got that money and kill you. They're murderous fucking Jews, man.

At least 11 years of interest, if they had any decent amount of money that shit would grow a lot even with shit rates.

Gamp's law,

In the Muggle world ‘Potter’ is an occupational surname, meaning a man who creates pottery. The wizarding family of Potters descends from the twelfth-century wizard Linfred of Stinchcombe, a locally well-beloved and eccentric man, whose nickname, ‘the Potterer’, became corrupted in time to ‘Potter’. Linfred was a vague and absent-minded fellow whose Muggle neighbours often called upon his medicinal services. None of them realised that Linfred’s wonderful cures for pox and ague were magical; they all thought him a harmless and lovable old chap, pottering about in his garden with all his funny plants. His reputation as a well-meaning eccentric served Linfred well, for behind closed doors he was able to continue the series of experiments that laid the foundation of the Potter family’s fortune. Historians credit Linfred as the originator of a number of remedies that evolved into potions still used to this day, including Skele-gro and Pepperup Potion. His sales of such cures to fellow witches and wizards enabled him to leave a significant pile of gold to each of his seven children upon his death.

The Potters continued to marry their neighbours, occasionally Muggles, and to live in the West of England, for several generations, each one adding to the family coffers by their hard work and, it must be said, by the quiet brand of ingenuity that had characterised their forebear, Linfred.

It was Fleamont who took the family gold and quadrupled it, by creating magical Sleekeazy’s Hair Potion ( ‘two drops tames even the most bothersome barnet’ ). He sold the company at a vast profit when he retired, but no amount of riches could compensate him or his wife Euphemia for their childlessness. They had quite given up hope of a son or daughter when, to their shock and surprise, Euphemia found that she was pregnant and their beloved boy, James, was born.

>tfw Harry is basically a Rothschild

Voldemort did nothing wrong

He would have to scrap everything and start all over this is the worst pasta I've ever read. Zero good parts so dry and unmemorable it's something most people would have to do on purpose to create something so devoid of talent.

Goblins!

Why does wizard society have use for money anyway?

His parents owned a succesful wizard seed and feed store until they sold it.

Where do you think "Muggleborns" come from?

Attached: .jpg (377x351, 20K)

Look at Neville. Dude ain't brewing his own potions. He's awful at it. He needs to pay someone for that shit.

Checked

he's a shit wizard though

accio dubs

Attached: batmanpointingup.jpg (200x200, 8K)

>only purpose of harry being rich is to dab on ron

>Steals dubs
>Adds interest

It's brought up like 3 times and nobody lingers on it. It's a stupid pointless plot device. Harry could've just as easily been getting patronized by wizarding families throwing cash and goodies at him for being famous (which is a real life phenomenon) and that would fit in better with his "reluctant celebrity" characterization and make Harry seem like far less of an asshole than he does by not giving the Weasleys a single cent. By the fourth book he's already been fed and housed by them repeatedly and instead of saying "yeah here have a quarter of this vast fortune I don't want or need" Harry continues to let them be poorfags. He's a little douchebag.

Stop it, Legolas.

Come to think of it, is he even rich, or just rich for a kid? Like, the idea of being able to buy ALL the sweets on a trolley seems like millionaire shit when you're a kid, but that was probably only like twenty quid's worth. He buys a high end broom, which is probably like buying a designer pair of shoes or something in the real world.

>Why does wizard society have use for money anyway?

Conspicuous consumption.

Attached: Anything From The Trolley.jpg (460x663, 69K)

Hey lil Harry

Attached: file.png (1275x850, 1.51M)

Harry is legit rich. He has a room full of gold whereas the Weasleys have to check the corners for missed bronze pennies.

Voldemort is a rape baby, and his mother was a rapist.

colonialism

It was pooled together by the Order of the Phoenix. Then Harry spent it on chocolate.

False. James Potter was from the wealthy wizard gentry. He was basically Jacob Rees-Mogg

100% of the relationships in the wizarding world are the result of rapes. Between polyjuice potion, love potions, charming spells, mind control spells, memory erasing spells, etc, every single witch and wizard has been raped without even knowing it. I bet more than half the population have been so corrupted by sex deviancy that there are 13 year old asian witches who don't realize that three years ago they were a 47 year old white guy who got captured, transfigured and mind warped into believing they were a pre teen asian girl so a bunch of sick fucks could put her in their sex dungeon until they got bored and mindwiped her again.

The slave trade.

Attached: Slave ships Montel Shut it down.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Attached: Bem.jpg (796x566, 198K)

he was a rothschild user, read the thread

His father was from a wealthy pureblood family.

Attached: Cockney Potter.jpg (500x617, 241K)

How the hell did the film get away with that?
Look at that thing, we all know what it looks like.

They're portrayed as victims.

>How the hell did the film get away with that?
>Look at that thing, we all know what it looks like.
Ron Perlman?

Hermione's parents were dentists. did they work for the NHS? Or did they enter private practise and have their daughter supply them with magical charms and potions?

Attached: Lockhart_and_Hermione.jpg (312x372, 33K)

I didn't realize they had dentists in England.

Attached: English Teeth Big Book of British Smiles.png (582x480, 377K)

But he's a bad wizard. He always take advice from Hermione and literally cheats in potions class. He could only do the cool stuff like Patronus, but even the normies had that nailed down by the fifth movie.

His parents were tax collectors. That’s the reason why they opposed the libertarian Voldemort.

Most UK dentists are with the NHS but only offer the subsidised rates on essential work. Everything else is a private service.

>he doesn’t know about the Ministry taxing him up up up up the ass

Would harry porter pay for universal health insurance if he knew it was helping people like this?

Attached: 676b4165a3c5e8eb790b22dc929a0893fad7db059c2e3b9e50cb986597751c3e.png (1179x318, 25K)

Child sex trafficking

You put a some gold coins in a bank vault and see how much "interest" it gains. 0.00%

no its a lie if you leave your money alone in a bank for years they start draining money from it.

Source i had 500 dollars my grandpa gave me when i was 14 but didnt use it. I checked again when i found an old birthday card when doing taxes and it was down to 275 apparently after a set time they drain 25 dollars every quarter or 100 dollars a year.

The Weasley's didn't let him give them his money. Which of course makes them look retarded but to be fair so does having six kids they can barely afford.

Is HP native Isekai?

>bad wizard
There are barely any bad wizards in the HP universe.

He's so fucking rich he gave the twin 1000 gold coins reward for the joke shop.

How much value does money have in Harry Potter?

you have to withdraw something every year or they freeze it and charge you for letting them do nothing

Trafficking opiates to Hogwarts' fifth years.

This varies. You're a poorfag with 500 dollars. 500 really isn't worth keeping in a bank, and it depends on the account. You're wasting the banks time to keep 500 in it. Now if it were 50,000 the bank would be happy to keep your money.

Try 2^20 my highschool dropout friend

wells fargo waives all fees after you have 10k running balance

that was to front his butterbeer habit. harry can't keep himself from hitting the hot brew.

>mfw this is real

Attached: 1459357025917.jpg (404x521, 179K)

running dust

Is that actually a lot of money in the wizard world?

Unironically according to Pottermore, Harry has all that money because he comes from a long line of successful potters - people who made pots.

((((((magical glow niggers)))))) ofcourse, well look how muggles is still on top

there is wizard intellectual property laws so you need a means of exchange

Hiding a lot of undeclared illegal money in a fairy land tax heaven.

the nimbus 2000 shows up out of seemingly nowhere

Why are you ignoring the fact that the richest wizard in the history of boy wizards who rode the Hogwarts express across from Ron Wesley whose lunch was confined to squashed, plastic wrapped sandwiches (more affordable, home made) bought the lot?
Each student on the Hogwarts express as it rides to Hogwarts academy is owed a snack from the trolley. But asides from the trolley ladies own milkers, the trolley's only offerings has been a total lack of pumpkin pasties and ineffective shortage of chocolate frogs, all because Harry took the lot, to make himself seem rich.

Perhaps the other students werr doomed when Rowling vetoed Spielberg's idea of Harry simply 'taking a lot'; she made sure Harry would never be mistaken for a owlery floor sweeping peasant who meant nothing to nobody, instead a ridiculously rich boy wizard who buys the lot. The Harry Potter series might be pro-capitalism (or not), but it's certainly the anti-Oliver Twist series in its refusal of hunger, humility, and wanting more. Ron doesn't want to eat his wrapped sandwich. Now, thankfully, he no longer has to.

>a-at least the other students got the great feast though
"No!"

The great feast comes later; hunger comes now. As I read, I noticed that when Harry was asked if he would like anything from the trolley, the author wrote that Harry said he'll "take the lot".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase had noticeable consequences. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Harry's bank vault is so full of galleons and sickles that he enjoys no other lunch but 'the lot'. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by Ronald Weasley. He wrote something to the effect of, "If me and Harry are eating the lot at 11 or 12, then when lunch time passes the other students will go on to be hungry." And he was quite right. When you take everything off the trolley you are, in fact, starving the rest of the train.

>joke about how little Mcgonagall make annually Mcgonagall can casually by the best broomstick in the world for a first year just to own Snape. Hogwarts profs make bank.

>joke about how little Mcgonagall make annually
Mcgonagall can casually by the best broomstick in the world for a first year just to own Snape. Hogwarts profs make bank.

Selling magic shrooms.

That would be Drako.

My credit union has no fees if you park money (but they will close your account and issue a cashiers check if you leave it long enough) but they balance that out by not even paying interest until you have a balance of 10k in savings or 30k in other types of accounts.

Dehest dehs deh dehe dehy deh dehie dehs. Deh deh dehing deh deh dehard deh deh dehs deh Dehwarts Dehdemy deh dehey deh dehed dehs deh deh indehable deh deh dehs. Deh deh deh dehy dehery, deh dehs’ deh dehency deh deh dehs deh deh dehment deh indehive deh deh dehial dehs, deh deh deh dehic undehical, deh deh dehtion deh indeh.

Dehs deh deh deh deh deh Dehling dehed deh deh deh Dehlberg dehing deh dehs; deh deh deh deh dehs deh deher deh dehen deh deh deh deh deh deh deht dehthing deh dehbody?deh dehusly dehable deh-dehtion deh deh dehs. Deh Dehry Dehher dehs deh deh anti-Dehtian (deh deh), deh deh’s dehly deh anti-Dehes Dehnd dehs deh dehs deh deh deh, dehty deh dehment. Deh deh dehs deh deh deh deh. Deh, dehfully, deh deh deher deh deh.

>d-deh dehst deh dehs deh deh dehough d-deh
"Deh!"
Deh dehing deh dehful; deh deh deh dehble. Deh deh deh, Deh dehed deh dehry deh deh deher deh deh deh deh, deh dehor deh dehtead deh deh deher "dehed deh dehs."

Deh deh dehing deh deh deh deh deh deh dehry deh deh deh deh dehed. Deh dehed deh deh Deh deh dehed deh deh dehal deh dehs. Deh deh dehlous. Dehling's deh dehs deh dehed deh dehes deh deh dehs deh deh deh deh deh deh deh dehing. Deh Deh deh deh dehish, dehing deh deh Dehry Dehher deh deh deh Dehphen Dehng. Deh deh dehthing deh deh dehect deh, "Deh dehse dehs deh dehing Dehry Dehher deh dehdeh deh dehdeh, deh deh deh deh deher deh deh deh deh deh deh Dehphen Dehng." Deh deh deh deh dehght. Deh deh deh dehing dehic. Deh deh deh "Dehry Dehher" deh deh, deh deh, dehed deh deh Dehphen Dehng.

Attached: Deh.jpg (1594x2857, 1.46M)

blonde psycho waifu enchants a muggle in fantastic beasts 2, he does whatever she wanted, and had a underlying struggle fighting the spell
that kinda pushed my buttons

stop it, finance-poster

Attached: 1538304674770.jpg (719x621, 46K)

Harry potter is shit and the best part of the story was the end of book 7 when harry begins to reflect how hes a massive useless turd and everyone dies for him.

this

Attached: deh.png (370x273, 29K)

Why would you buy your whole team expensive brooms when the seeker is the only one that really matters?

kinda of
the wizard world is a parallel world

Based and dehpilledp

Top kek

>Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. HOWEVER, I would appreciate it if you tone down the ruthless bullying of other houses. You Slytherins have been very cruel to Ronald Weasley in particular for casting a spell with a broken wand that caused him to vomit slugs. Why, that's not so awful, children. Some people wouldn't laugh at Ron at all for vomiting a considerable quantity of slimy gastropods. Indeed, someone would even call it... titillating. I certainly would. I once cast a spell that had the slimy little chaps spilling out of Lily Potter's tight, sweet snatch.
>Dumbledore fixes his gaze on Harry
>My tastes are very specific, Harry. She didn't like it and kept shouting this muggle phrase... reep, raep. Something like that. So she threatened to bring me before the Wizengamot if I didn't subsidise her and your father's lavish lifestyle; MY money which you have now inherited and now lays in Gringotts. I never quite got over that, Harry, hence why I strangle lady-boys in Bangkok on the sly in order to blow off steam. She was a good friend.
>...
>Anyhow, FUCK SLYTHERIN. GRYFFINDOR WINS!

Attached: 1545399750266.png (1200x1814, 3.54M)

Pretty sure his dad was from a rich wizard family.
Harry Potter being rich only exists to set up how great his new life as a wizard is. In his old life, he lived under the stairs and was poor and it sucked. Now he's a wizard and he's rich and there's candy and ice cream yay.
But it serves a secondary function as well: it provides an excuse for how Harry is able to afford shit in the wizard world.