ITT: Post obscure mundane football facts you know

Despite being a big flop at Middlesbrough, Afonso Alves was still the first Brazilian to score a hat trick in the Premier League

Attached: Image.png (720x720, 602.01K)

André Ooijer is the greatest defender in history

Adolf Hitlers favourite club was Schalke 04.
Winner Denmark didn't even qualify for Euro 1992.
German striker Ulf Kirsten worked for the DDR Stasi.

>Adolf Hitlers favourite club was Schalke 04.
There's no concrete evidence for that, it's just thought to be the case because Schalke won several titles back then

In 1986 Alvin Martin scored a hattrick for West Ham against Newcastle. His hattrick was over 3 goalkeepers his first goal was against Martin Thomas who went off injured, his second against Chris Hedworth and after he went off injured against Peter Beardsley. West Ham won 8-1

Ghadaffi's son played for Udinese and Perugia. 1 match at each club.
Turkish and Galatasaray striker Hakan Sükür, wc2002 player, got expelled from Turkey and now works as a cabdriver in the US.

t. schalker

always annoyed me how his name as Afonso and not Alfonso, but ye he was dogshit

Marc-Vivien Foe scored the final ever goal at Maine Road and then passed away two months later

god supports liverpool

>Turkish and Galatasaray striker Hakan Sükür, wc2002 player, got expelled from Turkey and now works as a cabdriver in the US.
Wow. Didnt know that.

>itt we post football facts
>it's not a fact but i was thinking that maybe Hitler was a Schalke supporter because of uhhh reasons

Samuel L. Jackson supports Bohemians FC

I am sorry, i read your post wrong. I didn't see that that dumb dutch user said he was a Schalke supproter.

Donny from the Beek is married to Dennis Bergkamps daughter.
Dennis Bergkamp was named after famous British player Denis Law.
Johan Cruijff once opted to buy a club in the Netherlands and re-name it Fc Cruijff and only play attacking football, for instance with no goalie.
Top Ajax and Dutch NT players Stanley Menzo, Frank Rijkaard were supposed to be on the same plane as their low tier teammates from Surinam, who travelled from Amsterdam to Paramaribo but crashed and almost all the passengers got killed (1989).

Funny how a 'certain' "name" from the 'past' can trigger our 'beloved' neighbours so much.

Yes Germans, why are you so picky about Adolf supporting die Köningsblauen or not?
Wtf did he know about football anyway, apparently he had other interests and talents.

The most goals scored by a Premier League player without ever recording an assist is 15. Branko Strupar managed this over three Premier League seasons with Derby County.

Attached: Image.jpg (1098x1200, 313.71K)

>Ghadaffi's son played for Udinese and Perugia. 1 match at each club.
He came second in the "Bidone d'Oro" (a tongue-in-cheek award for the worst Serie A player in a given season) in 2003, behind Rivaldo

>Top Ajax and Dutch NT players Stanley Menzo, Frank Rijkaard were supposed to be on the same plane as their low tier teammates from Surinam, who travelled from Amsterdam to Paramaribo but crashed and almost all the passengers got killed (1989).
How the fuck have I never heard of this crash before?
F to all those poor Surinamese lads desu

Met him when I was 10 years old, my uncle is good friends with him and Prosinečki from when they played indoor football together

Based story, user
Was a good player for us. Not our best Croatian player with Stimac and Asanovic also playing for us, but definitely our best """Belgian""" one.

>Henry Kissinger played for Greuther Furth's youth team
>Shaquille O'Neal supports Northhampton Town
>The player who scored the winning goal for Korea vs Italy in the 2002 WC (Ahn- Jung-hwan) had his contract at Perugia terminated over it
>Manchester United's Amad Diallo and Sassuolo's Hamed Junior Traore were initially proclaimed to be brothers (Amad took the surname Traore) however it appears to have been a case of falsified identity, possibly linked to human trafficking
>Massimiliano Allegri and Andrea Barzagli actually played together at Pistoiese, and it was Allegri who suggested that Barzagli move from the midfield to the defence

James Milner is still the second youngest player to score in the Premier League; he scored at the age of 16 and something for fucking Leeds

It is not farfetched to assume he will be the second oldest player to score in the Premier League, for Leeds as well

Attached: 323ea0a25e63b2c2dcd784cbd94272d5.jpg (634x812, 130.77K)

>Messi cuckold
>the witch veron
>loma negra 5 - urss 4

That's absolutely insane. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the only time it happened in the history of professional football

>Only four clubs have won three English league titles in three successive seasons; Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Huddersfield

Based Terriers.

Referee Danny Makkelie is a homosexual and a borderline gambling addict

Hibernian FC were the first British club to play in Europe

Attached: 1643556697289.png (1200x1274, 227.74K)

The only silver goal in international championship history was scored by Greeces Traianos Dellas in the Euro 2004 semi finals vs the Czech Republic in the 105th minute, thus rendering the whole point of the silver goal completely redundant

>Germany didn't win their first World Cup until 2014

That's just because Portuguese is a shitty "language".

>aged 16
>looks 36
anglo genes are something else

>Shaquille O'Neal supports Northampton Town
the first ever football match i watched live was a Northampton 2-1 victory at home to Torquay in league 2

Robin van Persie names his son after Shaquille O'Neal. Hence the nr 32. He currently plays for Feyenoord youth squad.

Mario Baloteli is the only Italian to ever win the premier league

always check the birthdays of people for certain things you strongly associate them with.. you said this guy is gay and I find his birthday is under aquarius and he has an addictive personality. all fits in.

Ajax sold Cruijff to Real Madrid without him even knowing about this, so he went to Barcelona.

On the flip side, he could be 60 and still looks like 36

it is so fucking stupid that carlo cudicini can save a few penalties and win games for chelsea but since he only played a few games he doesn’t get a medal

Related to this: in 1969 or 1970, FC Porto ended the league in a record low 9th place, behind teams that no longer exist and even teams that started out as their satellite clubs. So, by the end of the season, the people in charge of the club did what anyone in their position would do to revert things up:

Put together some money and try to buy Cruyff from Ajax
Cruyff said no

This man almost had to play under a pseudonym after signing for Middlesbrough, as Liverpool lodged a protest with the Premier League claiming his actual name was offensive to a large portion of their fans

Attached: 1289484980-12112-0.jpg (518x520, 54.92K)

Ha! Underrated post.

that just milners high testosterone

KEK

He looked like that when he was 6 too, probably even at birth

Snoop Dogg supports my local team :)

Wasn't he at Juventus aswell but just never got a game.

Kek at this bit in Ghadaffi Jr.'s Wikipedia page:
>He made only one substitute appearance against Juventus for Perugia before failing a drug test, due to presence in his system of the illegal substance Nandrolone. An article in la Repubblica said that "Even at twice his current speed he would still be twice as slow as slow itself."

Brazil Legend Pele lost his virginity to a male prostitute
Another Brazil Legend, Garrincha, lost his to a goat. The kind that have horns and eat grass.

Maradona would never stoop to this

I was in highschool with Clément Lenglet

Isn't that the name of Auvergne's capital?

you mean Clermont-Ferrand, primo

Yeah, I don't know. All I know are Gergovia and Alesia

both dont exist anymore, you're 2050 years late

>real madrid created the champions league
>real madrid helped create FIFA

What do you mean, Alesia? Nobody knows where Alesia is.

No he doesnt. Isnt there a pic of snoop dogg in like 10 different football kits?

One of them never even existed ;^)
Based

Newcastle CB Dan Burn has 9 fingers

>its true

Attached: Newcastle-defender-Dan-Burn-is-missing-a-whole-finger-due-to-horrific-accident-when-he-was-13.jpg (1424x1068, 67.53K)

Perugia went a whole Serie A season unbeaten but didn't win the league.

Same with Benfica

In fact, Benfica went a whole Primeira Liga season unbeaten, ended it with the same number of points as FC Porto, who had been beaten by Benfica, and it STILL did not win the league!