Why do these things still exist?

Go on. Thrill me with your acumen.

Attached: cinema.jpg (640x480, 74K)

Movie theaters? Mainly for teenagers to get handjobs.

ewww

Mexicans have 4 kids and 10 cousins. Like it or not, expensive as they are, they are still cheaper than a lot of other things you can do with that many people

are mexicans noisy in the theater?

It's where I fucked a girl's butthole for the first time. You can get away with all kinds of shit in an empty or dead/slow theater. I was grabbing some titties during Paul Blart Mall Cop 2.

bringing a flask and a weed vape cart in the reclining leather seats and sneaking in some take out

I'll go with "things that didn't happen" for 500, Alex.

>not using the showers when you and your gf want a cheap thrill

Envy machines for incels with no gf

The 2nd really did though. I was "that guy who copped a feel during Paul Blart 2" for like a year.

>the showers
Got multiple showers, do you?

lel

people are obsessed with simply sitting in the same space as others, its also why restaurants exist

They're stalls.

I enjoy the bigger screen, the better audio and how it takes all your attention and nothing else will distract you or the people with you.

Not really, about the same as low brow whites. And they tend to at least follow the movie, and are loud at the right moments, unlike some others who joke during the serious bits...
B.s.
Btw in most modern multiplexes the projectionists can walk by and see the whole theater really easy. If you want to do anything, do it while the movie is showing in the dark.
For some reason people seem to think we won’t notice a couple hanging around trying to fuck in a theater while we are queuing the next movie or shutting down for the night.

Restaurants exist because some types of food is a huge bother to cook at home, especially if you do not eat it every day.
Also because cooking a big meal is a lot of work and sometimes you just don’t want to bother, especially if you plan to get a bugh of different sides and stuff.
it’s not really comparable to a movie vs a home theater at all.
Huh?

I don't like people

Cinemas are for capeshitters and assorted dweebs.

>better audio
I live in the EUSSR, where they mandated the max volume levels. Imagine paying premium for iMax Surround sounds and it is so low that you can't hear shit.
Thanks commie burreaucrats, amazing job as always.

What a hellish existence. How you holding up?

Yea Forums incels are angry at cinemas because they put on display all the things they can never have socially or romantically.

look how cool i am i've been in a cinema

the absolute state of tranny anti-incels

You are probably deaf already.

>How you holding up?
At home, with better screen and Senheisser headphones or Dolby audio set. As always the response to meddling busybodies is to DIY.

Nope, I am 100% sure that pre 2005 you could eat popcorn or even chips and the volume was enough that you couldn't hear the crunching. Nowadays you can hear people wiggle in their seats.
Unless my hearing actually got much, much better.

I agree that things have changed over the years, but to me it seems the soundscapes are more nuanced nowadays. It's not just blasting everything on full volume anymore.

The only times I've had issues with audio, is when watching older movies on reruns. I believe they don't come with modern pre-sets, which is why the theaters often get the mixing wrong.

I have a $3000+ setup at home but I still love going to the cinema
No roomate/brother/sister/mom/whoever barging in the room, no tasks/problems you suddenly remember you have to do, no phone notifications or calls, no temptation of looking up stuff you see in the film on the spot, no option of pausing the film 12 times, you just have sit there and experience the film as a whole at once with absolutely zero distractions like it's intended to be experienced (I'm from Europe so I never had a single bad cinema experience like I hear here often)

A bit of true escapism, I love it.

Attached: bfi_14472.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

>3000$ set up, lives with mom.
Checks out. When you become a real man earning your own way and saving for old age you don’t spend your money on stupid shit anymore.

Jews still haven't found a way to make money without the cinema still existing.

Because I want to pay $20 to go into a noisy room full of people chomping on popcorn and texting, risking getting bedbugs from the seats and sticky shoes from all the dried soda on the floor.
Its a much better experience than getting a Blu-Ray from Redbox for $1.79 and watching it on my Sony 75" bigscreen TV with Onkyo surround sound on my private comfy couch while drinking wine while my GF is busy digging in my pants.

>I want to pay $20 to go into a noisy room full of people chomping on popcorn and texting, risking getting bedbugs from the seats and sticky shoes from all the dried soda on the floor.
America sounds like Hell

I've been to a couple of screenings where I was literally the only person present. It's kinda creepy, actually. I'd prefer if there was at least a small crowd watching.

But even fully packed theaters can be an experience. Like, when The Force Awakens opened, I had bought tickets well in advance, and obviously it was a sold out screening. People were dressed in cosplay, there was a national news crew there reporting about it (they even interviewed me!) and everyone was having a good time. One of the best theater experiences I've had.

Attached: tv 1516672013646.jpg (1024x718, 541K)

this

I'll take "LIES" for one thousand, Alex.

>they even interviewed me!
sause?

people spit in the kinoplex

there are some movies that are way better in a theater setup than they are at home on a tv

Not if your battle station is high tier.

They had that video up for a time on their site, but not anymore. Or maybe it's behind a paywall, who knows.

Besides, it's probably in a language you won't understand. And the only reason they interviewed me, was because I look like a typical Star Wars crazed neckbeard. I fit their narrative.

Attached: Star Wars 1532529633307.jpg (595x597, 157K)

Yeah I doubt even 0.1% of Yea Forums has a proper projector, screen and an acoustically treated room with properly placed sound system.

Convenient.

>projector

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

zoomers will never understand

Attached: dr.jpg (369x542, 25K)

You only have an actual home cinema if you have a projector and a screen.
Everything else is just a letterboxed 16:9 TV with speakers, not comparable at all.

Drive-ins were and are absolute garbage
>shitty ass barely comprehensible radio audio
>constant sporadic engine sounds around you
>constant opening and slamming of car doors
>watching a film through a windshield of your car and the reflections of other cars
>people constantly walking around your car going to the bathroom/get snacks
>the screen being absolute shit, especially out in the open

The only thing it was good for is that it was a good excuse to fuck a girl in the car

>I need a big screen so I can sit far away.

Attached: Kq6NerO.png (720x960, 857K)

Mexicans are almost as bad as blacks

have fun watching films like this

Attached: yikes.jpg (450x338, 28K)

It's a social thing so you can hang out with your people. But I think "let's just Netflix a movie" is catching up with normies

I got a 60$ projector (well 50% off) from Amazon and it's actually pretty great, big huge massive screen in front of bed so I can watch kinos in bed with my gf. feels good man.

Only problem is you can see the pixels. If I was to get one again I would actually spend more money to get a better higher resolution one. But still, it's pretty great and totally worth the price.

Sounds like you have a problem with the source material, rather than the projector. (Because I refuse to believe it uses downscaling or anything like that.)

Nah it's resolution is 600x800 (though it can take input up to 1080x1920)
The pixels are very visible blocks of light that aren't affected by the source, it's just how it projects the light. Maybe I got a shitty one, it was pretty cheap. It's not like super obvious pixels, you can ignore it. But it's definitely there and I'd get a native 1080x1920 one if I could pick again.

>600x800
They actually sell these still? I'm amazed.

My problem with movie theatres is that they dont feel like theatres anymore.

I want that good old theatre experience, I dont want to walk into a hall that feels and looks like a college auditorium, like most of these multiplexes.

Attached: GrandLake.jpg (1000x563, 148K)

why do the front rows exist is the real question

Got tired of the theater.
Always too cold.
Too expensive.
Can't take bathroom breaks.
Limited food.
Noisy, dumb people, kids.
Dirty.
Volume is almost always too loud.
Not as comfy as home.
Can't get refunds for shit movies that baited you in with the trailer.

What sort of manchild spends 3000$ on shitty electronics to watch cgi super heroes? That money could have went towards a home or invested

wich one did you get? Been thinking about this for a while, it would have to be HD though so I can play muh vidyah, anything in the 200-300 price range that's decent?

>remove front row
>second row is now front row
>remove that row
>new front row
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Because no one devotes their full attention to a movie like they do in a movie theater. Too many distractions at home.

eh I still like watching films on the big screen, maybe because I only have a shitty 32" LCD and no sound system.
Shame that most new movies are such utter crap. I did watch Detective Pikachu as a guilty pleasure tho. It was okay.

Attached: consider.jpg (569x428, 25K)

lmao but you know what I mean. The ones that are so close you've to look to your left/right to see the entire thing

correct
however that's why people who don't behave in the cinema must go to gulag

ya i kno
Is it turbopleb to be ok with stadium-type cinemas? In those you can usually sit quite far in front and still see the film ok

>to watch cgi super heroes
why would I ever do that

I'm not the guy to go to for recommendations, but there are quite a few on amazon in that price range.

The main thing I'd make sure of is that you get NATIVE 1920x1080. A lot will say they SUPPORT it, but it's downscaled to a lower native resolution, like mine. So 1920x1080 minimum NATIVE I'd say.
Mine is also a little dim. It's 2600 lumens. It's not bad but there's higher ones like 3600 etc. I'd go for those. Most in that price range will be around that probably.

I have a house and then bought an OLED. If I didn't have an electronics connection it would have been over $3,000. Though if I didn't have that connection I wouldn't have bought that model.

Because women need to go out with their men to signal to other women how successful they are and this is the cheapest simplest place to go. Sounds weird but that's life