I avoided seeing it till now but you... you were right Yea Forums

i avoided seeing it till now but you... you were right Yea Forums

Attached: share.jpg (600x315, 56K)

I will never be memed into watching this, I will remain convinced it sucks

Pearls before swine

It was pretty good, huh?

MARTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it really was incredibly stupid. jesse eisenberg is fucking awful in it too.

surprisingly
maybe i just had such low expectations
im not gonna try watching justice league

It's hard to say. You'd have to really love Batman and/or Superman to like it, or hate it. It's polarizing.

did you watch the Ultimate Cut? it's the only way to go

>im not gonna try watching justice league
Its an even more boring first Avenger movie. Don't bother with it.

You might like Justice League fan edits. Two of the top of my head that were good are The Ultimate Fan Edition and Origins. The Black Suit Edition is supposed to come out later this month, too.

Uh oh! Looks like someone just posted some cringe!

Watch it as Part 2 of MoS and pretend DC universe isnt a thing.

Attached: TheSuperKino.jpg (1437x581, 60K)

based

MoS
>shows superman given the choice as to protect his race or earth, the planet he grew up in
BvS
>shows the world and their views on superman and whether or not to accept him as their savior

kino

yes i was surprised i got through it all some of the superman death stuff draggin on near the end kinda ruined it for me but im very glad i watched it.

Kill yourself reddit nigger, no need for your retarded faggot thread about this garbage movie.

i haven't watched man of steel but i am intrigued by it more now. the laser eyes were great

i have been using image boards since 2008 i've never been much of a reddit person try again

Yes. Justice League is a monstrous let-down. It's not even that it's a bad story, just tonally inconsistent with what came before it and butchered visually by Whedon's hackery.

>It's polarizing.

Art often is. People forget this now, but at release Miller's TDKR was polarizing, too. People took issue with his characterization of the Batman, Superman, and the Joker.

Saved.

>This ammount of projection
Bet you didnt even close your reddit tabs while typing this.

The ending where the soil gravitates got me hyped. It felt like a vindication of some kind.

Was it an easter egg for comics readers?

BvS changed my whole perspective on MoS. I never hated it, but I didn't exactly love it, either. BvS opened my eyes to the subtle, artful world-building it was accomplishing. It made me understand what Snyder's visuals were really conveying. In his story, mankind wields an incredible power - the power to create gods. It carries forward into the subsequent films. This is what Lex is trying to harness. It's what the Enchantress is seeking to recapture, and it's absolutely what Darkseid would be after. In Snyder's world, magic isn't just a formula and a lightshow. It's fueled by mankind's faith, belief, and imagination, and it's a force that can be used against us.

In the world Snyder gave us, it's easy to imagine that there was once a warrior named Achilles, a man of extraordinary skill, but a man just the same, but as his fame grew and myths and legends sprung up around him, the day came where the faith of his fellow men turned him into something more than human. This is the Metahuman Thesis, and it's what Lex has come to understand. It's also why Task Force X wants criminals of a certain kind for the Suicide Squad. They understand that even the ones without overt powers have at least the potential to develop them because they have interacted with the metas in ways that have captured mankind's imagination, become part of their legend.

That's what hope feels like. Mission status: accomplished. Hope never truly dies.

Bvs is kino.

If they followed the original idea for the sequels of Bruce unnaturally resurrecting Clark and then have him go temporarily mad and level a few cities... Oh my

The way Snyder opens up so many franchises in BvS is hard to do.
>introduces Flash
>introduces Cyborg
>introduces Aquaman
>Injustice universe where Superman became an authoritarian after Lois' death
>Lex Luthor

For me, it was this scene

Attached: am I too soon.webm (500x242, 2.66M)

>tfw that's exactly how I viewed it
>tfw I laughed my ass off when they tried to force a DC universe into existence

Is it an easter egg ? Looks like a logo of superman in a logo of batman to me

It's actually very good. It's one of the only superhero movies that have something pertinent to say.

Good for you lad, I fell for the meme and could not believe how terrible it was

I liked how it was presented in such a way that Bruce came away thinking it was another dream/vision after a false awakening, but the papers fluttering down behind him let the audience know that it wasn't. Regardless of how it really looked, *something* was happening there while he slept.

I like that, because it leaves room for Bruce to doubt his sanity and the choices he makes later in the story(s).

It's a visual metaphor for what happens in the film - Superman, through his actions and his sacrifice, restoring some hope into the heart of a fallen Bruce Wayne consumed by cynicism.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that BvS took TDKR's stories and reversed the characters' roles. That's precisely what Bruce does for Clark in TDKR.

Wasn't there a billboard advertising that movie in I am legend?

Yes, and I think that's awesome.

Attached: superman-batman-movie-i-am-legend-e8ffxcyc-108251.jpg (655x343, 61K)

>you were right Yea Forums

Yeah it really was bad

So much this!
MoS + BvS (director's cut) is basically Kal El story, from birth to death. Fuck Wonder Jew, Acquanigger, JUST League and the whole DC Universe.

I like how subsequent films like Aquaman and Shazam! actually restate themes from Snyder's films in increasingly overt ways. In so doing, they reveal the truth in what some early articles were saying: it really was too smart, because even when made blatantly obvious in later films, most people *still* don't get them. This is just further evidence of how brain-dead the general audience really has become.

The problem is, people go in to capeshit movies to see quips, their favorite superhero live, and visuals.
The story was always expected to be the serviceable big bad will end the world or some similar shit.
In MoS/BvS, they didn't get what they want, instead they were shown a more 'realistic' post-9/11 superhero movie. They were shown Superman being told not to use his powers, when the whole world wants him to use his powers. They're shown scenes upon scenes of why Batman and the whole world fears superman, but they were really expecting 60 minutes of Batman fighting Superman.

Yeah, which speaks to what I've been saying for years. These movies gave us the actual characters from the comics, not a superficial "adaptation" of them, and casuals absolutely lost their fucking minds.

>jesse eisenberg is fucking awful in it too.
He was great-

I agree. He's the first time big-screen Luthor actually felt like a genius. Every past incarnation he comes across as a conman with delusions of grandeur.

But even when you just turn your brain off and look at it as an effects driven action movie it still has more going for it in terms of impressive setpieces than most other movies in the genre.