Think I'm in for a show about surgery in the early 20th century

>think I'm in for a show about surgery in the early 20th century
>it's actually a show about leftism

Why are all American shows so unbearably political?

Attached: 81hbjtXeVxL._SX342_.jpg (342x431, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71704197/#71704355
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's kino, your brain is fried on /pol/. Also stop masturbating so much

>It's kino

It's not
I was only a few episodes in and it had
>muh oppressed black people
>muh feminism
>muh heroic abortion

There's only so much a non-SJW can take.
If it was only a little amount every now and then it would be okay, but here the plot literally revolve around these.

Name 1 show that doesn't have this shit these days, I'll wait

Sounds insufferable to live that way willingly

That's exactly my point, all US shows are rotten with this filth.
Chernobyl was the only show without these I seen in a while.

Most shows I’ve seen on Netflix or HBO don’t have this shit; however, the most popular ones always do. And I’m guessing once you cross the line into big brand name/ household name tv with viewer numbers then you get told you gotta do it.

What fucking shows are you watching on Netflix and HBO that DONT have Jewish tricks?

just turn your brain off bro

Episode 7 is when everything truly gets out of hand

You got
>exaggerated racism and a bullshit representation of lynching
>literal interracial cuckolding

Are you fucking retarded?
You'd hard pressed to find a more redpilled show than this.
>I beat that dusky bastard every which way

Chernobyl is so deeply anti-leftist in the plot, the showrunners got scared of the possible journalist backlash and started telling to the media it's all a metaphor for Drumpf.

>I'm le oppressed black genius who random beat the shit out of people in pubs
>I'm le strong progressist wimmin who cheat on lmy husband with black men
>I'm le nun who runs a business of illegal abortions and who feels allowed to lecture normal people on petty shit

In a "redpilled" show, these characters would be baddies

>a films by Steven Onionsbergh
and you were expecting something else ?

Attached: 48D0DA04-99BC-45F2-A24A-DE2984CCF433.jpg (840x1251, 251K)

>the black man is forced to perform an abortion on her against his will
>is beaten so badly he goes blind
>le progressive woman becomes a fucktoy for her rich stepfather
>the nun goes to jail, is ostracized and beaten
>the aryan eugenics guy is the only one who ends up successful at the end of the show
If you had just kept watching, retard.

Go watch The Terror. 19th century historical kino with no SJW shit.

Attached: 1524125868319.png (645x520, 473K)

What about the faggot?

He aint even jewish actually

Yeah but it has another thing I hate: Britbongs

Still we're supposed to root for these people and feel bad about what happens to them
And the moral of the story is that blacks kangz invented modern medicine but da evil whitey kept them down and stole dem inventions

/pol/ thinks if it isn't glorifying the white man at every second it's somehow SJW. I can only imagine that this is how the incel shooters perceive daily reality, they basically will themselves to be triggered at everything. At least the triggered SJWs don't shoot people

They still managed to poz the second season.

No, it's about the self destructive nature of self indulgent ideologies.
3 years ago, when you were 12, this show was incredibly popular on Yea Forums.
If you can't recognize the tragedy and futility of Algernon, then /pol/ has rotted your brain.

>At least the triggered SJWs don't shoot people
except for like their own sister and 8 other people. or ya know, every mass shooting committed by a whiteman not named dylan roof

>we're supposed to root for these people and feel bad about what happens to them

If it's any consolation, user, the parties responsible are extremely unlikely to care how you feel. They think of themselves as speaking to educated and prosperous people as educated and prosperous people themselves.

>/pol/ thinks if it isn't glorifying the white man at every second it's somehow SJW.

No, faggot.
SJW = whinning about muh racism and muh patriarchy like The Knick does in every single episode.
A good, non-SJW movie/show does not have these, or at least not as a central matter.
I have no issue watching Chinese or Korean movies without a single white person in them, it's far less annoying than modern American shows.

if someone thinks the Knick is SJW they are incapable of turning off their /pol/brain for less than 60 minutes. Good, serialized storytelling involves conflict and change. It's easiest to do this with the marginalized elements of society. White men circlejerking is not a story. If you want a procedural where Thackery saves the day, every day, then watch House.
>I have no issue watching Chinese or Korean movies without a single white person in them
Because you accept that's how their society is, but you refuse to accept that American society has a non-negligible amount of black people in it.

>I have no issue watching racially homogenous shows.
>I just don't like it when they mix
Lmao

because you are an easily triggered snowflake that sees any work fiction were the main characters having different values as you as having some sort of agenda

take a walk clear your mind stop wasting so much time on Yea Forums

American society self segregates itself to the extent stories in american can have negligible amounts of non-whites. The stories just can't take place in cities or past 1965

>Because you accept that's how their society is, but you refuse to accept that American society has a non-negligible amount of black people in it.

Well, American shows/movies from the 80s and 90s were pretty good, even those with large amounts of nigs in them.
The main issue is that constantly whinning about racism and stuff is part of the modern mentality, and it's annoying af.
Back in the days, US shows/movies had both whites and nigs without having to make the plot constantly revolve around racism and oppression.

Are you dense?
Gallinger is an absolute madman and beats Algie blind. That's after Algie is forced to abort his own child and is barred from the knick.

I really should finish watching the Knick.

Algie's plotline is about that.
He's one out of 4.

Not him and I like the Knick a lot, but you have to be naive as fuck to think there was no agenda behind them talking about racism and abortion...

Then you also have the stronk woman who cheats on her husband with black dudes
And the nun who performs abortion and still think she's a very moral person..

He's evil and not shown in a good light at all.
Not even the same creators.

>Back in the days, US shows/movies had both whites and nigs without having to make the plot constantly revolve around racism and oppression.
Either you only watched the movies with tokenism (doubtful) or it all flew over your head. Rewatch whatever classic you want, your /pol/brain will hate it because the entertainment industry has been tackling those themes since day 1 as the inherent conflict in them makes for interesting storytelling.

You want a show filled only with people you like or something? Do you really think the show is actively saying "cheat on your husband with a black man?" Because it isn't. Something bad being shown is not an attempt to brainwash you into thinking it's good

There are no dudes, there's Algie, her childhood friend. That's his plotline.
And yes, the nun believes in abortion.

Btw why is the nog called Algeria?
It's an arab country, not a black one.

You are literally as bad as the sjw retards.
>muh show has a person of 'X color!!
>A and B happens, they are glorifying A and B!!

Everything out of hollywood sucks shit

This is literally, unironically it.
You are always going to find some level of some bullshitery in anything regardless no matter wtf you do, so it's either never be able to enjoy anything at all, ever, or learn to compartmentalize & pick one's battles less frequently.

Issue is these characters are presented as "the good guys", aka the ones we're supposed to root for.
Like we're supposed to show more empathy toward the rich slut and the baby-killing nun than toward that evil random patient who called Algernon a nigger...

It's just like in Knightfall, when you're supposed to root for the immoral piece of shit Gendry and his whore queen lover...

Ideally with a rope around the neck.

you say all this yet I bet you enjoyed Breaking Bad. If you made Walter White Hispanic but kept everything else exactly the same you would probably hate it, that's the kind of person you are

How so? The show ultimately punishes them for their actions/choices.
You are incapable of perceiving anything but black and white morality?
Every character has flaws and strengths.

Retard..
Refer to I'd watch the shit out of a 100% black show about how nogs built their mudhuts and hunted for antelopes in 18th century East Africa, provided there is no whinning about muh racism

>we're

oh right you're one of those. it is a sign of weakness, user

His name is Algernon.
You know, like the retard.

I think you'll find this "whinning" a hard thing to come by in any situation, breh.

Refer to

If you guys can't handle these things, then why continue to watch it over and over? Do you guys really think "this show will be different"? Like really? Why would it be different? Can you guys answer me that?

>I'd watch the shit out of a 100% black show about how nogs built their mudhuts and hunted for antelopes in 18th century East Africa, provided there is no whinning about muh racism
This. But you could never have a show like that without the white man entering as a villain at some point.
I enjoyed the fuck out of Apocalypto, that one was nearly perfect.

Flowers for Algernon?
The retard is slowly losing his intelligence.
Algie is slowly losing his sight

There was some anachronistic lefty bullshit, but the main character had no love for blacks and only grudgingly accepted the black surgeon because he had talent that couldn't be denied.

I tried to at first.
I saw dat genius black doctor, I was like "There's no way a nogger could have become a doctor (let alone a genius one since it was never seen in the history of medecine for biological IQ reasons) in the year 1900, even in Paris and London, but whatever...."
But then the show starts throwing muh racism, muh patriarchy, muh very moral abortions, muh interracial cuckoldding...etc at me within 3 episodes...

Had great potential. Then turn of the century race mixing? Enough jews. Enough.

Attached: goldblum.png (329x374, 299K)

Attached: peter parker angry.jpg (245x204, 18K)

>Do you guys really think "this show will be different"? Like really? Why would it be different? Can you guys answer me that?

Well, Chernobyl was different, so hope always exists

you still haven't answered the question

I watch a lot of tv shows, and EVERY one has either
>feminism
>interracial couples
>non-whites
>lgbt characters
there isn't a single show that doesn't have at least ONE of those things
I guess you forgot all these threads when Yea Forums complained about the Emily Watson character being fictional, "feminist" and the show creator being against donald trump's presidency, implying that the show is allegory for trump's current administration. Like I said, you people will always find something to complain.

>There was some anachronistic lefty bullshit

It's another very annoying thing, why must the "good guys" in show/movies/games etc set in the past always hold modern mentality?
Like how Arthur Morgan in RDR2 was an insufferable feminist nogger-lover who starts ranting about how indians are oppressed in one of the very first scenes of the game...
Really doesnt fit a late 19th century outlaw...

>Emily Watson character being fictional, "feminist
Yeah, it's the only retarded shit in that show, but it's very slight by current standards

>and the show creator being against donald trump's presidency, implying that the show is allegory for trump's current administration.
Whatever that faggit says on twitter is irrelevant as long as it's not in the show

Looked it up and it seems people agreed it was leftist trash

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71704197/#71704355

>And the nun who performs abortion and still think she's a very moral person..
She is

No, killing babies bad
Most hilarous part was that moment when she invents some abritraty limit and says "I felt it move in her body, therefore it would have been a sin"

Based autism winning the day.

Agreed

Oh my dear, where to start with a pathetic fuck, like you

This is not your ecochamber that tumblr is, this is where you are confronted with the purest that mankind is without its restraints, you are confronted with reality. You have COMPLETELY misunderstood the idea of Yea Forums. Yea Forums is not "hey guys take a look at this funny link ha ha." Yea Forums is not Facebook's whiteknighting. Yea Forums is not Reddit, Tumblr or 9gag.com. Yea Forums is a place for people to be monsters. Disturbing, cold, heedless monsters that they really are. Tsunami kills people in Asia and we laugh. Psychotic emo fulfills her sick desires with her cat and we laugh. A man rapes his grandchildren, we laugh and demand more. Suicide, foul play, genocide- we laugh. Racism, sexism, discrimination, xenophobia, rape and unfounded wrath- we laugh.

We are cruel; we do not forgive; we do not forget; we are the real face of the internet.

chernobyl is anti-authoritarian, my dimwitted friend, presenting a situation about people holding rhetoric and career advancement in higher importance than physics.

Whoa

Anti-authoritarian is by definition anti-leftist.
And the Soviet union was a far leftist dictatorship.

>presenting a situation about people holding rhetoric and career advancement in higher importance than physics.
i.e. Leftists

that's why it only lasted 1.5 seasons before it was unceremoniously cancelled and had to be sloppily wrapped up.

based copypasting faggot user

Attached: 1554714240616.gif (400x352, 1.41M)

octaroons had to come from somewhere

(Not that you'd let it come between you and any opportunity to lick the assholes of people like Hitler, Mussolini or Franco.)

cringe...

You have no idea what you're talking about. Left and right can be authoritarian and left and right can be liberal.

t. leftist

... negro, "t." means "signed."

A copypasta I've not seen since... oh, well, before you were born.

Attached: 0524738525.jpg (960x540, 65K)

Well at least you are honest about your favorite leftist past times.
Licking the asshole of the political authorities.

Well there was str... smart woman, who replaced many scientists who made the backstage investigations

My young friend, you realize that US politics is "corporate interests" vs "corporate interests" right? This whole galvanized "alt-right" vs "anyone else" is just a shell game to get people riled about totally irrelevant shit, and out of the way of corporate interest.

You really are a fucking idiot.

I wonder what happened to SMAP. I hope he took his own life.

nice rebuttal moron

Distraction issues? Yeah, I've often thought that.

Attached: lawrence mills strike.jpg (1024x747, 157K)

>alt-right
irrelevant leftist invention
post discarded

It's not even an attempted rebuttal, you fucking idiot.

>be an idiot
>get called an idiot
>respond with "no u."

i'm erect with anticipation to find out just what is the next step of your brilliant plan

psst, both "leftist" and "alt-right" are imagined opposition

>ITT: same shit as any other Yea Forums thread
>moronic faggots play political console wars by vaguely shouting in one another's general direction
yay internet, you sure done us good

its more like a game of "war" where kids just keep shouting "i got you."

Snowflake got upset a show doesnt have his dumbass views.

Awwwwww

I'm a Lannister. Suck me off.

>have sex, incel

t. leftist

t. frequent poster of wojack edits

>bawwwwww

My only trigger is cuckolding. It really disgusts me. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. If I just skip the scene, the feeling still lingers. I have to quit the show. It's a shame because a lot of shows I'm liking will throw it in there. I'm not going to quit watching all shows out of fear my trigger might come up. That would be crazy. I think you might just be stupid to think that would be the logical thing to do

can you please inform me how Yea Forums came to be filled with so many hyper-sensitive easily triggered morons? Like what brought you here?

Anime, when I was in high school, in 2008. What brought you?

because they take their cures from the frankfurt school of critical theory

if you want introduce a certain behaviour, let's say gayfaggots, you have to make it familiar enough so when it replaces the current cultural norm and social mores, people won't have the instinct to fight it or even worse fight for it on it's behalf aka white guilt and self flagellation

watch it for its entertainment value and to understand how the enemy thinks and their various ways to use rhetoric to persuade change and influence the pleb.

t. cuckpro

so you're saying it was actually great to be black in the early 20th century, no one ever mixed races, abortions never ever happened, etc?

>you have to make it familiar enough so when it replaces the current cultural norm and social mores

they'll be sorry when we normalise being whiny constantly masturbating incels

In my day we summoned demons to hit pregnant women in the guts with a mallet and we got along just fine, consarn it.

>shows are appealing to an audience that is much larger than racist white males
Say it isn't so.

Attached: 1565121648874.jpg (475x524, 59K)

It isn't so.

Attached: muttfight.png (1440x747, 514K)

Nogs werent surgerons back then, they have no business among the main characters of this show

Nogs werent surgerons back then, they have no business among the main characters of this show, period

it was cancelled because no one has a reason to pay for cinemax

negro, the show is about the entire concept of "surgeon" and modern medicine being invented by the seat of several pairs of pants. Everyone in the show is a composite character. Colored-only doctors/hospitals existed. The token black harvard student in each class existed.

Or are you trying to claim none of these easily verified historical facts are correct?

>My only trigger is cuckolding
I watch most of the shows that are on, and about 95% of them have the cuckolding/adultery aspect

If you don't like it you have to stop watching television all together.

Its early 1900s east coast.
I'd be hard pressed to see a period piece in that specific setting that didn't involve suffrage, racism, or inbred fucking micks fucking everything up.

Racist doctor literally going to Germany to become a Reich eugenics scientist was a fucking hilarious end though.

>I'd be hard pressed to see a period piece in that specific setting that didn't involve suffrage, racism

Any movie set in that era released before the 2010s

Work on your reading comprehension, son. The point that post was making is "you can't make a movie set in a period and have none of the pressing issues of the day."

By "the day", you mean nowdays?

No, that is not what that phrase means.

Well, then you're a faggot
Before everyone started to get obsessed with SJWs shit (aka in the 2010s) we had plenty of movies set in the past (including the early 1900s in the US) with no mention of racism or feminism in them

Name some. We both know you can't.

>asking why US shows relentlessly make hamfisted attempts at propagandizing their audiences means your brain is fried from /pol/

Attached: 1564652943775.jpg (1029x632, 64K)

The Knick? All muh bruthas in da hood watched dat shit!

Titanic
Any movie on Al Capone

>titanic
>not about sufferage or class struggles

>gangster movies
>not about class struggles by default

Have you considered you might just be really, really stupid?

>titanic
>not about sufferage or class struggles
It's indeed not about sufferage.
And class struggle isnt part of SJW shit like muh racism and muh patriarchy are.

>gangster movies
>not about class struggles by default
Stop acting like class struggle is part of SJW thematics.
The very purpose of SJW shit is making racial and gender struggle replace class struggle in the mind of people

negro, the main character of titantic is a woman questioning the course her life will take, and exploring the divides between classes.

then gangster movies are people raging against class divides and being slapped down by law enforcement.

seriously, consider the possibility you're retarded.

The Last Kingdom
Poldark

>Last Kingdom
>no feminism

i feel like we had this exact thread like 4 months ago. anyway, the show is kino and i totally hate niggers and everything

Are you implying there weren't homos on ships for centuries? Because oh boy do I have news for you.

Yellowstone.

>watch a show about history
>wow we get it, niggers have it tough
>wow WE GET IT, women have it tough
>WOW OK, HOMOS HAD IT TOUGH
its almost like there were civil rights issues with all three groups in the past or something

I'm not sure if this is bait.

It's almost like not everything has to be about it.
If they want to make a show about muh oppressed nigs, they should at least be open about it, instead of tricking non-SJWs into watching it by making it look like a show about early surgery...

Attached: The Knick Spanking.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Attached: Eve Hewson The Knick S02E07.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>non-whites

Wait, how can a show not have non-whites in it if it's set in a country where those make up at least half of the population, probably more?

I watched a Polish and a Finnish movie recently. It was 100% white because the populations of both countries are like 98% white.

Getting triggered about non-whites being showin in a setting that is at least half non-white HAS to be indicative of some mental disorder. Get checked before it's too late.

They change past events to fit their agenda, how can you not be bothered by it. Its not changes to make it feel more cinematic, its not the kind of change to illustrate a poetic reveal. Its purely done to spread a message, i cannot watch that shit and not be annoyed.

Yes bad stuff happened, but you can tell a way better story if you stick to the facts. An accurate representation of society back then is way more interesting to see characters manouvre around than some hamfisted in your face political agenda.

And there lies the core of it, breaking bad never used its characters to drive the agenda. It was showing how bad men could live.

>movie
you don't know have to read? I'm talking about tv shows. just because you watch some one foreign movie doesn't mean shit. You could name american movies with an all white cast. Doesn't mean shit too.

what a dumb argument. just because the show is not american doesn't mean it can't have minorities. shows like Skam or The Bridge have them. Have sex.

You shouldn't be the one throwing the first stone about knowing how to read. ;)

Triggered, huh? Can't reply because you know I'm right.

Racist asshole.

These whiny dumb idiots (mostly ameritards) just want to pretend everyone lived happily free of problems, and non-white non-straight people didn't exist in the past

Just turn on your tv and there are plebty of leftist, but only the people on Yea Forums i ever saw alligns with my politics.

>Wait, how can a show not have non-whites in it if it's set in a country where those make up at least half of the population, probably more?

If you're talking about the US, it was definitly not the case in 1900

Attached: p200047d1g44001.jpg (491x437, 61K)

>They change past events to fit their agenda
t. doesn't know anything about the history of medicine

No, we're just saying we don't give a shit about muh blacks and muh fags, so don't force and make them central in shows that are supposed to be about something else (here surgery).
If leftards want a show about muh oppressed nigs in the past, then make it explicitedly about it.

Did he say that medicine stuff is the aspect they changed?
For one, the seventh episode of the first season is ridiculous at depicting lynchings.
When a nig killed a white, white mobs didn't suddenly attack every black person in the city.
They went after the presumed culprit, hanged him without trial and that was it.

This is unironically one of the best shows made in the last 10 years, up there with Twin Peaks: The Return, Young Pope and first season of True Detective. Brainlets complaining about sjwisms didn't even bother finishing it, and every Knick thread gets derailed by faggots who plug their ears and just yell sjw sjw sjw.
And even if it was sjw the show, it still can be appreciated from technical side, since there are not many shows whose cinematography, sound design and acting can match what has been done in The Knick.

You don't even know who the fuck you're talking too. This is fucking hilarious.

What leftists?

Where are the actual proper Socalists on tv? I’m being pretty open with my definition of socalism, “people who believe in removing capitalism”, so no Bernie and AOC don’t count. America has barely any organised left that hasn’t been co-opted by the democrats.

>what are 1919 new york riots
>what are draft riots

Peaky Blinders. Actually the plot is based around slimy Jewish tricks but in an accurate way.

>Brainlets complaining about sjwisms didn't even bother finishing it

To be fair, the seventh episode reached such a high point in leftist retardation and revisionism that it's hard to keep watching after that...

did you really? if you spent so many years on Yea Forums how did you become this reactonary retard? or do you think being angry all time is a sign of maturity?

Just watch the young doctor's notebook user

And no one gives a shit about what racists and bigots want in their media, deal with it moron

Why didnt the US just deport all the blacks to Africa after abolishing slavery?
After all the governement was racist enough for that, and it would have solved all further racial issues.

Cringe

Why are nigs the ones catered to by media when it's really spics who are the growing demographics?

Spics are somewhat ok, you don't get even close to as much subversive points by publicly worshipping them. When Jeb Bush goes on saying spics demographically replacement is an act of love, even the new york times is laughing. It just doesn't carry the emotional baggage of negrolatry.
At this point you'd have to be stupid to think money is the first motive of this type of bullshit about representation. Money might explain a few 'China compatible' moves but it is really secondary to ideology most of the time.

Including the fact that before the 1920s virtually the entire black population was contained to the old confederation.

There was plenty of SJW/environmentalist shit about eskimos, polar bears, etc. Also the wives
back home were feminist.

It was a pretty comprehensive view of the early 20th century America thru the eyes of employees of a hospital.
Shame that it went over your head, it's pretty good, both on historical and cinematic levels.

spics think they are white and like the same media for the most part

>Spics are somewhat ok
Not with me they arent

>we're supposed to root for these people
Every single one of them is extremely faulty character, every single one of them do good and bad deeds and usually the bad ones are more numerous. The only character you can root for unironically is daddy's boy Bertie.

>It was a pretty comprehensive view of the early 20th century America thru the eyes of employees of a hospital.

Is that a joke?
They purpotedly made the hospital unusally progressive.
Not every (more like none at all) hospital in the 1900s were run by a strong woman into interracial cuckoldery nor had a black surgeron and an abortionist nun in their crew..