Does Yea Forums consider DS9 kino?

Does Yea Forums consider DS9 kino?

Attached: 61C2794E-874D-4E7D-8284-E1A8E640CF6F.jpg (1200x1200, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/smile leg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hell yeah and it's the best trek too

>second best trek

DS9 is little house on the prairie in space

Yes I too have seen that meme

Attached: B9BE3107-E112-4D9A-AAC2-893268408D40.png (1888x728, 1.6M)

Yes, while it's obviously not high art, it makes its points without being pretentious wankery.

>it's a leela marries rom episode
how the hell do they find ferengis attractive

Attached: crpe.jpg (270x187, 7K)

BIG LOBES

>second

you mean second to none. Tos, tas, tng and voy are very good but they don't come close to ds9.

>it's easy to be a saint in paradise
what edgelord wrote this

I don’t think you know what edgelord means

Aside from the even numbered OS movies it's the best Trek.

Oh, i assure you that Yea Forums does consider it kino

Attached: SmilingDukat.jpg (400x397, 24K)

I love this episode but fags will always throw the "IT WASNT REAL" shit at it so it's hard to bring it up.

>rest assured captain
>nevertheless captain
>never underestimate captain

But it's true.

kira is best girl

Kira was great in the first 3 seasons. But eventually she became obnoxious and less likeable. I felt the change in the episode where the Cardassian was trying to assassinate her and her friends. She did and said so many stupid things

Reminded that he did everything wrong

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

Attached: attention.png (652x499, 420K)

You shut your filthy bajoran mouth

Dukat likes Bajoran mouths open ;)

Does anyone have and can post that greyscale picture of Nog from ds9 that has the caption "his smile and leg gone"

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS: TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SEXUAL ORGANS

Attached: .png (295x384, 156K)

Finally someone has the courage to speak the truth.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/smile leg

I fugged Kira’s mom :DDDDD

reminder that the Cardies got it worse than the Bajorans ever did

Attached: cardassian occupation.png (500x500, 30K)

Honestly I think DS9 is the best Trek, by quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I love TNG. It's fantastic. But at it's core it's a pretty flawed show. Granted it was the norm back then but it's heavily episodic nature with no narrative through-line does take some of the bite out of it's stories. There's rarely any continuation or further expansion on the phenomena they encounter because they always move on. And while DS9 is definitely fairly episodic itself the crew lack the ability to just fuck off after the crisis is over, so you get to deal with a lot of returning situations, themes, characters, and dangers.

On top of that TNG's actual cast is fairly weak, The show is almost entirely carried by Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner. Worf has some good episodes, so does Riker. But every other member of the main cast is basically trash who only works well when interacting with or being carried by one of the interesting characters.

But a lot of people don't really care because when TNG is good it's fucking incredible and even when it's not Patrick Stewart just elevates everything he delivers, he's fantastic.

On the flip side DS9 doesn't have a weak cast member barring maybe Jake. But even he has good episodes that explore his character in interesting ways.

DS9 has superior writing, a better cast, generally better performances, better waifus, and better plotlines. Every season has a continuous narrative running as an undercurrent to the episodic nature of each story, and every character get's their chance to shine and grow (unlike Geordie).

Shit, even TNG characters are better once they end up on DS9. Worf is fantastic when he becomes a regular and O'Brien is down and out the best character in the franchise for me, love that fucker.

I appreciate that a lot of classic fans are at odds with the more cynical tone, but it really does lend itself well to the frontier stories being told. And learning about the darker side of the Federation was great.

>DS9 doesn't have a weak cast member
This is peak Zoomer

Well by all means, user. I value your input, please tell me about the weak cast members of DS9. Who doesn't have an arc?

Season 5 Kira had the best hair though

DS9's weak ending is what keeps it from being better than TNG. If you are going to give it points over TNG for having and overarching plot then it has to follow through.

Also the cast may be better but their development is done by the start of the last season so you are left with nothing but getting to know a character that was just introduced and Rick Fontane episodes. The best part about the last season was Worf's climactic moment which TNG is just as much responsible for as DS9 is.

DS9 also had the best antagonist until they ruined his character.

DS9 may does a lot more than TNG but it also fails in more important places than TNG.

>weak cast members
Brooks
Siddig
Ferral
Worf and O’Brien were underused and serialized storytelling isn’t inherently better

>On the flip side DS9 doesn't have a weak cast member barring maybe Jake
Actually I would say Jadzia is the weak link. Jake was mostly fine but I was so annoyed by Jadzia. She almost felt like a TNG character in a way where she's just super cool, funny, hot, smart, and everyone loves her and that's it. Terry Farrel's acting didn't help. She always sounds so casual and collected with a slight hint of "I'm have a nice day" regardless of the situation.

Yeah Dax and Kira really brought the show down. It was the actresses because B'lanna and Seven of Nine were basically the same characters done much better.

Attached: 1564453727828.webm (640x800, 441K)

To be fair she was basically the Gandalf of the group but in a hot girls body

They were at least more interesting than crusher and troy

Whilst I definitely agree that DS9's ending could have been done better it still ends fine. Arcs are concluded and everything is wrapped up.

Dukat's turn into an evil wizard is perhaps the weakest part of the entire show, but I have a feeling the writers did that just to give him a comparable platform to stand against Sisko at the end, because the two actors had such dynamite chemistry.

I certainly don't think that because of a couple of weaker factors DS9 gets pulled below TNG in terms of overall quality especially not when the 4 seasons prior to the end have all been unadulterated kino and the best representation of war in Star Trek ever.

TNG comparatively ends with a bit of a whimper. It just sort of stops and a lot of character we expect just sort of keep chugging on having not gone through any spectacular growth or change.

Not to say it's a bad show, I love it, but I completely disagree with the assertion that fails in fewer places than DS9.

But whatever floats your boat, man. I love both shows, you clearly do too.

Okay, you're clearly mental.
Sisko's a weak character?
Bashir had no development?
I'm sorry but I think we're from other fucking planets mate.
I get what you mean, but she did get called on her shit more than a few times in the show. And she's used as a vehicle to explore some really cool shit with the Trill and Klingon cultures.

I do sort of agree though, they could have done more with her earlier, most of her development happens a few seasons in. Until then she's just kind of the centuries old cool chick, though I think she plays it well.

Thank you, I had completely forgot which archive Yea Forums was on.

>watching my stories: the post

Okay?
That sounds pretty "boomer" but other user already called me a zoomer for saying the same shit. So which is it?

Or are you just a dumb cunt, who can't think of anything constructive to say?

The ending is fine, the climax or climaxes are what ruin it. You have almost the entire main cast inside the defiant sidelined to just giving a play by play of a battle, while only Kira and garak and Damar do all the important stuff where the only interesting thing that happens is Damar making a heroic sacrifice. Then the entire scene with dukat afterward feels like an afterthought because the plot forgot it was also building up to the emissary and pa wraiths.

The finale in TNG was written way better than that

>reddit spacing
You’re looking for a fight and I’m just here to dance

Fair enough, I can fully admit that the finale's plot's lined up side by side could tip either way with TNG's probably being the more structurally sound. But as for series epilogues DS9's stomps it. You know where every character is going and because they've all had satisfying arcs they all feel like the right next step for those characters. Nobody, except Quark, just keeps doing the same old shit they were doing in episode one. Yet even Quark is a changed character.

In TNG most characters just sort of drift apart. Riker gets his command, Geordie is still pointless, Worf is still Worf.

For me at least, seeing the characters grow and then move on felt far more natural and like an actual end to their journey together. Whereas TNG's felt a little thin.

Putting the finales aside though, I really don't think TNG can stand up to DS9's consistent level of quality. But I think we'll probably have to just agree to disagree.

Jesus, well now I know you're new.
Fucking "reddit spacing". Jesus Christ.

>paragraph breaks are reddit spacing
Newfag

You only have to go to /aco/ to see what people jerk off to. Ferengis are lookers in comparison.

dont you know? not having run on sentances and using porper seplling and gramer is for reddit!

sisko is absolutely based. worf also gets to do bad ass shit. ds9 is absolutely kino

Alexa play Sisko Mode

> DS9 doesn't have a weak cast member

Overwrought Odo says hi.

Odo got so much shittier as the series progressed

YES. It deserves a proper HD remaster.

But Babylon 5 is better and everyone knows it.

Attached: 15 Million.gif (464x266, 1.79M)