What did Yea Forums think of the 2019 folk horror film, Midsommar?

What did Yea Forums think of the 2019 folk horror film, Midsommar?

Attached: Midsommar-2019-Ari-Aster-2.jpg (494x459, 99K)

WHITE PEOPLE BAD

As boring as the folk """horror"" VVitch

Shes so ugly and what a fucking fat face for fucks sake

Midsommar is not a horror movie. It's a boring relationship drama.

Can you even imagine being this stupid?

Why is her face melting. Is she the next Maggie "well hello beautiful" Gyllenhall?

this

I genuinely can't imagine how deranged you would have to be to take this away from the movie

>watching for plot

One of the best films this year visually

Pretty bad. They forgot the horror.
Aster takes from a wide range of films and can't even add it up to something good.
The characters are very underwritten, it's riddled with cliches, the themes are decorative at best (there's certainly no depth or exploration to them) and the cinematography is so over-the-top that it not only doesn't add to the story, it kills the mood by making you want to laugh. That shot of the car driving upside down is something to behold...
The worst part is that the ending is clearly inspired by The Wicker Man yet completely lacks the punch of that ending. Midsommar ends with you thinking "wow, I've seen a film do that significantly better."
People calling these new films 'elevated horror' need to watch some horror films pre-2000s. Maybe they'll realise these new films aren't anything special.

Well this raises the question, would you guys cheat on your girlfriend by fucking a girl in a barn with a dozen naked women of varying ages, all chanting while you impregnated said girl?

She is cute.
But i don't have a gf.

One of the biggest problems for me was just that the story literally never surprised me.
As soon as you hear "weird swedish community in the middle of nowhere", you think "oh they need sacrifices."
That occurs in the first 30 minutes and it never deviates from it. Infact all of the characters act actively lose friends, and don't even question why that would be the case or what that would imply to their own safety.
Half the main cast literally listen to a death curdle and don't even question it.

I unironically left the theater fuming

Fucking dumb predictable shit. It's tone was all over the place and it didn't bother to explore any of the potentially nuanced themes it dabbled in. 4 out of 10

It's quintessential soiwojak filmography.

j*wish cultural subversion

Yikes.

it would've been called anti-semitic if
1. it took place in israel
2. the movie was about jewish ritual murders
3. it was directed by a swede

And if I was Santa Claus I would live at the North Pole.
Holy shit you are fucking pathetically stupid.

Israel hasn't existed as a country long enough to have an ancient culture festering for hundreds/thousands of years retardo
Obviously if a movie focused around a certain religious group people of that religion would be offended
If this movie had been about Christianity in some way it would have been the same, but no one relates to swedish people who live in bumfuck no where and trip on shrooms as a community.

why are you being disingenuous? you know damn well jews would be crying anti-semitism if the tables were turned

shit on white people/white culture = ok

>Israel hasn't existed as a country long enough to have an ancient culture festering for hundreds/thousands of years retardo
But jews have you retarded fuck.

American hands typed this

do you actually believe there were no j*ws in the levant before ww2? are you literally retarded?

didn’t align with my worldview so i couldn’t enjoy it better luck next time

>if you made a movie that specifically targeted the jews they would be upset
>this is a fair comparison to something set in bumfuck nowhere sweden that shares almost no meaning to any modern era Swede

>Stop being racially conscious goy! How could this director possibly shit on whites getting together far from the beautiful multicultural cities!

Attached: 158117409.jpg (618x412, 53K)

>that shares almost no meaning to any modern era Swede
this is how I can tell you're fucking jidf, fuck off back to pol
t. swede who's culture is constantly subverted

fat fuck

Do modern era swedes normally murder foreigners? Do they normally paralyse them and place them within the corpse of a bear?
Do they then normally light all of the above on fire alive, if they haven't already died?
Do they ask their elderly to jump off cliffs and if they survive, be smashed in the skull with a hammer? Is this traditional modern swedish culture?
Are you a fucking retard?

>what is subversion
ok retardo

>midsommar

Attached: 1564432445312.gif (452x371, 59K)

This is retarded.
So it has no link to anywhere in its setting, but you're upset because it happened to take place in a white country? And therefore implied that white people are savages?
Would you have been happy or watched this movie if it'd been the same concept but in Ghana? or if it'd been in Vietnam?
It sounds like you're being autistic about any negative depiction ever occurring within the boundaries of europe

Sneedsommar

>A sacred tradition of your culture is subverted by the j*ws, stop being upset about it!
ok retardo

point out which one is a sacred tradition please

Midsommar dude

If big get sneedsommar since now every thread new sneed

this bitch looks like an uglier Chloe

Attached: 1563865208984.png (1078x1334, 1.29M)

The whole ritual of which the movie is based and named on you fucking retard

Gib torrent pls:(

I didn't mean the literal festival, I meant the actual things that transpire in the festival.
Does anything in this movie genuinely seem like its trying to warp you perception of european festivals or do you think its just a generic cult movie?

it's genuinely subversive you troglodyte

You keep saying it is without elaborating further.
Would you like to explain your retarded point?
Or are you just going to say "JEWS BAD" again like the retarded mouthbreather you are?
I'm genuinely open to the idea that this is propaganda if you could make a point that wasn't retarded.

No one cared about hereditary and the folk lore in that definitely seemed Jewish.

Lol you care about sacred traditions.
You sound old fashioned and stuck in your ways.

But this movie is not about some cult that actually exists. It is just a lot different things put together.

>shit on white people/white culture = ok
How is this shitting on white people movie like at all? It is just cult movie.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SNEEDSHITTERS BLOWN THE HELL OUT

Attached: 1564305152849.jpg (989x1495, 62K)

Breed me, user.

Attached: midsommar_ari_aster_1217385.jpg (640x360, 23K)

>How could this director possibly shit on whites getting together
Expect that it is not point of the movie at all expect if you believe that all these things in cult are not weird.

Because it paints the followers of european traditions as cultists? Literally whats the point of making the plot of the movie revolve around the festival other than to give it a bad name?

>A sacred tradition
Which one?

wheres the TORRREENTT?

So if I made a movie about a jewish shit-eating cult, jews wouldn't call it anti-semitic because shit eating isn't actually part of their tradition?

>Because it paints the followers of european traditions as cultists?
But in the movie it is clearly that it is just that movies cult version of it. It doesn't mean it actually happens in tradition. Also you say like all europeans are doing this still.

>jews wouldn't call it anti-semitic because shit eating isn't actually part of their tradition?
Probably not.

just stop

Attached: hr672.jpg (655x627, 118K)

it was pretty good

kind of gross what they did to the people but i suppose thats to be expected

i liked that a lot of it was daytime. that definitely was an interesting move.

Please adress my other point, whats the point of making the plot of this movie revolve around midsommar?

My culture is not your horror movie. It's just a case of fat american jews making money off a country they know nothing about.

they took a horror movie about evil swedes partaking in a creepy festival and named it midsommar, which is an actual swedish holiday. even if you didn't watch the movie you would assume it's midsommar they are referring to just from the title.

see

It's fucking shit. In a perfect world the makers of this kind of "art" would be hanged in public.

so if there was a movie named Christmas that featured violent beheadings based on Christians that took place in rural Denmark, that would be an indictment on all christrians?

Answers like this make me think that Yea Forums is unironically the most cucked place in the world to dicuss movies
hurr durr please never discuss anything im insecure about
when did this board get so filled with such pathetic faggots

this happens with the majority of non-slow boards actually, but I kinda like it because it shows that we are not diverging from our roots

I warned you, bro. I warned you about Yea Forums.

Attached: 1539427543067.jpg (970x600, 295K)

She's cute. Stop posting virgin.

Riddle me this? If Pugh is so cute why isn't every Midsommar thread just spammed with pics and webms of her?

>kills the mood by making you want to laugh

It's working as intended you fucking pleb.

It was bone chilling.

Forget the previews, forget the plot, reset your expectations, and just experience it. Then it's good.

She was a day tripper.

I really liked it but it was a horrible theater experience.
Pleb audience that laughed and was uncomfortable during anything that was "weird" to them like the nude, singing and crying scenes. So basically the entire movie.

Because she isn't generic Hollywood Sexy.

But there were many funny parts user...why u no laugh?

And Yea Forums is home to Anya Talyor-Jay, Summer Glau, and countless 10-year-old girls.

There were funny parts in both intentional and unintentional comedy, but averting gaze and going oh nooo when seeing a dick?

Why do you even go to a theater at all? You clearly don't enjoy the company of other humans. Not that I blame you, they suck. Just wondering why you'd intentionally expose yourself to something you obviously hate.

I've never really had issues like this. Thiz was the first actually retarded audience I had.
To be fair it was the last showing at 8PM so a lot of people probably chose a film randomly after or before dinner.

That does sound awful. I retract my foolish criticism.

I thought it was Chloe.
Shiiiieet.

The scariest part in the whole film was the aftermath of the murder suicide at the beginning. Everything after that was just a bit of fun in my eyes. The fate of the main characters were all sealed after that and the rest was just watching it all play out .

Nothing even got close to how scary and horrific that scene was. The film blew it's load early. It was good but not great.

The visuals surpassed hereditary but they are the only thing that did. Everything else was subpar in comparison.

A horrendous and cheap film that was an hour too long

I don't get the anti-white narrative some people tried to spin.
If anything I could appreciate the village's culture, even though May Queen is a tradition here in the Netherlands as well.

I don’t know because nobody saw it.

I retract my colon

So I get that Dani lost her family and only one she had was a BF that didnt give a shit about her, but would she truly of smiled at the end after all her "friends" were brutally murdered and skinned, plus a man shes been with for 4 years? I mean she mustve known his friends for 4 years too, thats a long time to just give a few sobs over their death and then be happy. Was it all the mushrooms and shit they were feeding her? I get that the swedes were her new family but they did some fucked up shit to her previous friends.

>friends
They were garbage and hated her.

it was way too long. took too many breaks as well. should'e cut it short like the vvitch did. build a better climax

WHY THE FUCk isnt there a release yet. Do your fucking work Ivan

Attached: 1562514073824.jpg (727x868, 237K)

this is very strange
you can't find any xbet file

What kind of shillshit have they casted upon us now?

She looks like she would hold a refugees welcome sign in a swedish train station.

Absolute kino. Love that it was a slow burn, bone chilling atmospheric ride into the human psyche. No jumpscares either so fuck yeah!

Kill list solved the cult theme for me.

Uhhh, sure. Are you guys going to kill me afterwards?

It is a scary movie and you will be scared because you think these happy people are nice and friendly but since this is a scary movie they are mean and evil not like in the real life but in a scary movie way because this is a scary movie not real life

shit on midsommar... never gonna watch it

Attached: 1563426843586.jpg (392x331, 23K)

>that scene where she lifts her legs in the air to hold the creampie in.

Attached: 1355664752352.jpg (803x720, 293K)