World Cup Predictions

Post 'em
ultra.zone/2022-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage

Attached: WorldCupPredictions.png (1035x669, 123.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K7hYc0tWZQw&t=625s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

USA loses all 3 games. McKennie dies from diabetes and Pulisic gets knifed by a passionate Chelsea fan.

it's no excuse to troll Yea Forums just because most of us know Croatia are primed for disappointment man

comfy third place game with germany

>Germany losing to Argentinia in a world cup
>after 2006, 2010 and 2014
Eeeeeh.

Fifth time is the charm counting 1990.

I think you'd agree that the German NT's strong-mindedness has rapidly declined from the World Cup winning team.

I personally count 2018 aswell, as France - like Germany - is a succesor state of the Frankish Empire.

>Argentina losing a semifinal
>after literally every semifinal we've been in
Eeeeeh.

How does you losing to another successor of the Spanish empire in 2018 work with that logic.

>canada

It doesn't, it's all just my mental dillusions.

could easily advance from the group with their cohesion and deceptively fluid passing

in my sim brasil and spain didn't qualify to next stage

would be nice

You couldn't make shittier predictions if you tried.
>switzerland losing to worsekorea
>england losing to kekuador
>tunisia, costa rica and morocco going past group stage

Can't get disappointed if you have no expectations

Spain's been a top contender amongst bettors to exit the group stage, prior to the draw it was Portugal and Argentina but now it's Spain and Belgium

I'm sorry you're disappointed I didn't pick Uruguay, I think south korea will fair well against Uruguay's defense

Meme cup

Attached: IMG_20220413_194121.jpg (1080x1074, 119.11K)

>didn't even mention uruguay
>he brings it up because he can't justify the shitty predictions i DID mention

if we get out of group stage and face brasil we will defeat them

deutschland

Attached: file.png (356x231, 22.43K)

Korea is a very streaky team, have great forwards, and Switzerland isn't some world beater, Shaqiri is in decline, and Seferovic is hardly someone that can flip a match. Korea beating them is hardly a bold prediction. Korea play wide better than them and Son + Hwang are certainly players that can be dangerous against their fullbacks, who are not very good. Almost entirely ends up how Scharr ends up playing. I don't think Sommer is anything more than a 1-tourney babby who has very great games now and then, but isn't someone that is very consistent.
Ecuador will beat England at their own game and win on penalties, 0-0 or 1-1. You've seen this in Conmebol, they are equally shithousing and boring as England are. Think Russia/Spain-tier boring and bus park.
Costa Rica in current form can easily get points from Spain and Japan. I expect them to take at least 4 from those two teams combined. Navas and some of their older players are primed to have a great tournament and play in a group where experience really matters, this is why I see Japan not doing well at all. Easy pick for last in that one. Spain draws Japan and loses a 0-1 to Costa Rica
Tunisia is my risky pick but they've looked quite good at minimizing attacking damage and defend incredibly well as a unit and can counter.
I think Schmeicel has a very bad tournament and concedes a bad goal and they draw Peru, killing their chance to advance after losing to France too.
Morocco is great, easily 2nd best in Africa. Incredibly talented on paper, moreso than Croatia and I think they steal a point minimum from Belgium. They did very well last world cup.

Attached: wc2022.png (509x334, 30.08K)

Mexico beating france...

yeah, most French players will be on strike after a LePen win and thus the squad will only consist of Griezmann and Rabiot (confirmed white supremacists) and 20 randoms

Attached: Sir Josef Paedrerole.png (961x541, 1.19M)

Big brain theory

Qatar 2022

Attached: 1623256126269.png (347x325, 109.5K)

2202 rataQ

Attached: 20220405_045943.png (346x324, 100.08K)

this is a nice looking chart, I like how you did it
but I'm sorry to say that you're clinically retarded
based lmao
I believe in you bro

>both with renewed nts
>except the "best player" who's beyond his prime, which would make the best comeback since '02 ronaldo
would be a pretty kino final
top murderball potential too

You mean like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=K7hYc0tWZQw&t=625s
But it would be on the R16, so I give Memexico a 1/16th chance to win that match.

>Messi scoring 2 at a WC final.
Would twain do an hero if that where to happen?

Ecuador relies a lot on local games and are mainly qualifying because Chile went back to being crap + Colombian choking. Ecuador are complete shit in tournaments no matter how good their team may look. There is a reason they are the only country in Conmebol (besides Venezuela) to have never won a Copa America, and I think their best record in a WC is ro16. Just so you get an idea of how much they suck in cups, look no further than CA2021, where they only went past group stage because the group stage consisted of two groups where 4/5 qualified to knockout stage.
What is that about Costa Rica's current form? Is that a positive? Every tico I've spoken to says they are awful and nowhere even near what they were in 2014. Besides, you have to keep in mind, in 2014 americans played pretty much as locals, which is why it was the only WC this century with 2 american in semis, Colombia reaching quarters por the first time, and of course, Costa Rica's run.
As for Korea, I just think asians suck at football and on top of that are weakmind, Switzerland on the other hand are a team I can actually see beating anyone in a good day.

Attached: 20220413_151220.jpg (720x640, 131.66K)

Winner of group B has a great path to the semis. 2nd place is fucked

Please come true

Peru will defeat France.

Usa will defeat England.

Brazill will beat Germany.

Brazil and Spain final, Brazil wins.

I will concede that local games are something I did not consider. However I try not to look at previous cups much in determining the future. Who would predict Germany finishing last in 2018? Who would predict Russia beating Spain in pens? If you look at mostly previous performances, almost no one, you would get laughed at. And sure, Colombia and Chile choked bad in qualifiers, but Colombia did well to get a couple results that helped them in the qualifiers.
They got Qatar, and really only need a result against Senegal to make the knockouts, which is very possible as they can shithouse their way against a team that gets frustrated if things aren't going their way. They got very flustered against Egypt who are half the shithousing bastards Ecuador are, Egypt just couldn't make anything of it. Ecuador can do the same against England, who oftentimes find it difficult to get goals from their own defensive play. Getting to penalties against them is not that unlikely a scenario I feel unless England's manager drastically changes his gameplan to one where he feels less safe, and I don't think they've fully practiced an attack that makes the best work of Grealish or Foden, it was painfully obvious against Italy.
For Costa Rica I again say it's the matchups. Japan I think is far more in line with your assessment of Korea, they are very fraudulent and are at a large talent disparity compared to last World Cup. Lots of retirees (lol, just like their country) but still have many old players and not a lot of new ones coming in (Minamino is still too young and not good). Nagatomo and Yoshida are both too old and shit to do anything besides get walked over in the world cup. Think their average age is typically >30 or just under it.
As for Spain they can certainly force a result here by how Spain play and Navas is God who does not age. Prime contender for the game that Spain blows their tiki caca load and Yea Forums is bored to death and they lose or draw 0-0.

Costa Rica has done this very well against the upper teams of Concacaf and YES spain is a different story, but they've shown they can hang with pretty much everyone. no game is out of reach for them, if anything the poor parts of their qualifying that the ticos got down on were drawing to the lesser teams like Panama and Jamaica and Honduras. But they're always in every game, and the ones they do lose are just out of reach and typically because of good striker play like the Canadian guy that plays at Lille(?), which isn't a spanish thing at all.
Personally I think your description of Korea works better for Japan, Korea are a different team and have better talent. Yes they are also in Asia and play meme ME teams but they're suited well against better competition moreso than Japan that coast on experience

Not saying I predicted Germany finishing last, but it was looking grim for sure and everybody who wasn’t a total casual should have seen. They simply sucked ass after the Confed Cup win 2017 (won by the second string). After the test matches against Austria and Saudi-Arabia at latest, it was obvious that something was deeply wrong. I remember being thankful for the nominally easy group, and I counted on the typical German tournament mindset … but well, you know how that turned out.

tl;dr: Germany finishing last wasn’t impossible to see coming, but it still was embarrassing as fuck and I will consider suicide if it happens again

that's fair, though I think Kovac has them going in the right direction. Will have to see their friendlies. They have all the talent in the world to make a serious run but Rudiger has to be a bit better defensively

Kovac is the dude who almost ruined Bayern, the dude who succeeded him there and won the sextuple with the same squad is also the German NT manager: Hansi Flick

Rüdiger is doing a decent job imo, his main problem is that he’s pretty crazy and sometimes overdoes it. The biggest problems we have - if you ask me - are the defenders on the right and left side and of course the striker: We still lack someone who continuously radiates danger in the opposing box. Süle and Rüdiger as central defenders will do okay if you ask me, they’re just not very consistent. At their best, they can be crucial for success …

meant Flick, my bad. but I like him a lot, he is playing to his players strengths rather than forcing them to fit in his retarded box.
is Tah not good enough? I think the left side will be better once Gosens comes back and helps that CB better than the replacement. And >Werner may get better with the new manager. But it is foolish not to rate Germany highly this go around, though I also don't expect Germans to have optimism

This would be kino.

Tah is good, but him becoming a continuous part of the starting 11 would be a surprise. No signs of that yet.
Gosens is a great player, but Flick prefers four at the back and Gosens is more of a guy for three at the back. However, his injury has prevented him from playing so far, so he might prove me wrong. David Raum was a positive surprise though, I guess Ginter could also do it. Other candidates would be Klostermann and some other guys who I personally don’t rate as much, like Halstenberg or Henrichs
Werner definitely improved under Flick, but he still is no goal monster. It would be nice to have a real target player in front, that just gives you more options. The closest thing we have might be Nmecha, but he’s simply not international class yet. Might work as a joker though. It’s not a complete fuckup on any of these positions, but these are the weak points. I hope big brain Hansi can carry us through regardless

Attached: 86144BBE-7D0D-401A-8AFD-63D78B8B586E.jpg (534x489, 83.29K)

comfy, bro. I hope its a 3:2 for whoever, just a fun game

>argentina - brazil final
great, another boring as fuck 0-0 with 4 hours added to see if they fucking score a fucking goal and avoid penalties

somehow >we will choke against Mexico but TSUUUUU will put them in their place and have someone like Guedes score goal in final

Attached: 1649885584454.png (436x463, 113.52K)

Why are you so sure costa rica will beat New Zealand anyway? It's like a 50-50 match.

Not Coming home but gets close.

Attached: Not Coming Home.png (666x304, 37K)

combined 2014 and 2018.

Attached: lel.png (435x259, 27.04K)

Wtf I love lay blues now

that's never happening, Messi is a chronic pecho frio, just luck at the pecheada cosmica he did in the final against brazil, alone in front of the goalkeeper and he couldn't even shoot because of how scared shitless he was, thankfully Di Maria and el Dibu saved his ass this time

Attached: Qatar2022.png (659x454, 29.04K)

Idiot
Idiot
Based

But they’d be going against mr weakmind, pecho frionel cuckittini

Attached: Portugal Denmark Portugal wins.png (399x262, 23.29K)

It's coming home.

Not even close to a 50-50 match, NZ probably wouldn't even make the ocho in concacaf, and it's highly unlikely they'll even score on Navas anyway.

>posts terabytes of CP as celebration

Attached: el peruaANO.png (357x322, 83.4K)