Greatest Godzilla kino, prove me wrong

Greatest Godzilla kino, prove me wrong

Attached: gvt.jpg (1727x994, 973K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tiermaker.com/create/godzilla-films-up-to-kotm-8091
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's top five for sure. It lives its message, is well-written, and has exciting battles. The cast, both villains and heroes, carries the film and the score slaps.

Man I can't wait for that Showa set

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1988, 1.12M)

It sucks the video quality will only be "lightly restored" versions of Toho's dodgy releases from 2008. Criterion was seeking 35mm prints to restore themselves but Toho shot that down. Toho doesn't want better quality versions than what's available in Japan because they're worried Japanese fans will import cheaper copies.

>Godzilla vs The Thing
The fuck was the point of this title change? Didn't the original Mothra already release at that time? Why not just call it Mothra vs Godzilla from the start?

Have you even seen the original Mechagodzilla?

What would be the outcome of godzilla encountering The Thing, give me your synopsis for this possiblility.

Attached: the-thing1.jpg (1439x601, 65K)

What are your rankings, Yea Forums? Still pushing through showa but here's mine so far.

tiermaker.com/create/godzilla-films-up-to-kotm-8091

Attached: godzilla tier.png (658x516, 568K)

>An import from the US is cheaper than a domestic blu-ray release
How the fuck does that work

Source? Pretty lame if true.

Godzilla steps on it, a piece of goo gets in through a toenail or works it's way to it's mouth, Godzilla gets turned into a Thing from the inside out within 24 hours

>Shin godzilla on top
>54 and Mechagodzilla 2 not in S
Shit list

Godzilla isn't really a franchise that can be ranked, the movies are so different and varied that there is something for everyone to enjoy. What's the best truly depends on what kind of genres you like.

Yes, but I always thought it was kind of overrated. I like it's Star Trek-esque feel but I prefer Mothra vs Godzilla as a film

the title could be a bit more descriptive. who the fuck is godzilla fighting

Godzilla thread? Which Godzilla suit is handsomest, faggots?

Attached: happy lizard.jpg (480x406, 27K)

This will be the first physical release I'll buy in probably 10 years.

Where did you get this from?

>Which Godzilla suit is handsomest
54 has good posture but I'm thinkin I'm gonna go with 2000

I just want you to know you have absolutely terrible taste, and should be ashamed for posting such an offensive ranking

>who the fuck is godzilla fighting
Jordan Peterson's facts and logic

So I found this really cool redesigned poster.
Are there any other fan redesigns in Hesei style?

Attached: 72443064-E898-44CE-80D2-82FA44C57441.jpg (1420x2048, 257K)

This guy right here. Love his eyes; they just scream "bad boy" to me.

Attached: Goji ponh.png (1024x1266, 428K)

not even a contest

Attached: 1458008170164.jpg (419x429, 64K)

So what does Yea Forums think of Rebirth of Mothra? Are these movies worth seeing?

Attached: 91s5MgiZzCL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1198x1500, 340K)

From what I’ve seen from YouTube reviews, they’re not worth seeing. The third is supposedly the best

The Japanese get swindled on home releases. Anime blu-rays are about $100 per volume. That's right, not the full season -- part of the full season.

They're really bleh. When you realize the time they were made, there is no excuse for how bland the filmmaking is, especially after watching something like the Hesei Gamera. They're also preachy about the enviroment, too. And have kids. But at least Grand King Ghidorah fucks hard, yo.

Attached: grandkingghidorah.jpg (1874x1519, 1.1M)

Yeah, if you like flabby dad bods...

Can't be bothered. Just accept this instead.

Attached: eh.png (1145x673, 650K)

2014 godzilla>shin godzilla
2014 is much closer to the original, whereas shin is an anime

>Godzilla vs. The Thing
How would the thing not win by default? Not only can he overtake Godzilla's cells in mere minutes, he not has control of an incredibly powerful and massive organism. He'd be basically immortal

Attached: 15077116716196.jpg (881x882, 104K)

Is this the Pulgasari thread?

Attached: pulgasari-main.jpg (650x450, 73K)

It's not the 82 Thing you dumbass, the movie came out in 1964.

movies where Godzilla fights a monster>movies where Godzilla is solo

Watched it with a friend. It's pretty good for a NK propaganda film.

Well, there's only like 4 movies where Godzilla is actually solo so obviously yes

We got an ETA on the new Zilla film?

it got delayed or put on hold, so we dont know if its coming out next year or not

Anyone have some videos on how they did the miniatures for the 50s-70s movies? I've always wondered how they got them to look so surprisingly competent on fairly low budgets

>Where did you get this from?
Which part? The light restoration comment is from Criterion itself. Toho not allowing Criterion to properly make new versions comes from people who claim to be involved with the project or close to people who are. But it does make sense. Criterion is known for making quality remasters. Why skip this with Godzilla? Meanwhile, have you ever wondered why international releases of Godzilla films don't have the special features that Japanese releases do? Toho doesn't allow it. Toho just remastered King Kong vs Godzilla and they didn't give it to Criterion. 4k quality. Criterion is using a decade old HD cut. And as another user said, Japanese home media is a lot more expensive than American home media. A properly remastered box set would blow anything Toho currently offers out of the water and it would be cheaper too.

Oh what the fuck. Why?

KOTM didnt do as well as the studio hoped unfortunately

It made it's money back, though?

Well sucks ass. I thought it did well considering it’s such a niche genre.

Wanna know this too

thats not enough to warrant making more unfortunately anymore. that said, GVK was very far along so i wouldnt discount them just deciding to continue going through with it. they had finished casting and nearly finished filming

>muh godzilla is a good guy defending us
>closer to the original
eat shit and die

>$170-$200 million budget
>$385 million gross and a lot of it from China
Not a success. It might break even with home media if it gets lucky.

Wtf. What do they need to make more? Do they expect Disney numbers?

of course. godzilla 2014 did exceedingly well, but kotm barely did as much

>literally depicted throughout the film as indifferent to humans and completely ignoring humans
>"WOW HE DEFENDED US BECAUSE HE BEAT THE THREAT TO BOTH US AND HIM"
I guess you never watched a single godzilla movie

1954 is a great as a stand-alone film, but Godzilla is cooler as a good guy, or at least lesser of two evils.
Humans are fucking lame, I wanna root for the monsters

>2014 is much closer to the original
How? The Monsterverse is the largest divergence from the thematic core of Godzilla ever. Radiation restores the world, Godzilla was always radioactive, the nuclear tests in the 50s were actually attempts to kill him, superweapons are used without consequence.

You telling me Godzilla against a tiny rock twerp like The Thing from Fantastic Four was deemed enough of a fight to merit a feature film?

I haven't even seen Shin Godzilla because it doesn't look anything like a Godzilla movie to me. Otherwise I'd say Gojira, GvsBiollante, and MvsGodzilla are the best and Godzilla's Revenge, Final Wars, and Megaguirus are the worst.

Haven't seen KOTM yet.

KOTM is fun but the human scenes vary from bland to cringy

shin is great, give it a try

>I'm ready for my close up

Attached: giphy.gif (376x450, 944K)

it is now

Attached: pulgi.gif (240x178, 150K)

MvG is pretty good with its writing being superior to the average Godzilla film. It's not my favorite but I can understand it being yours.

Google Barubaroi.

Attached: Godzilla_vs._Barubaroi_1995_magazine_1.jpg (1300x1233, 451K)

There was literally an episode in the animated spin off of the 1998 movie where Godzilla fights a monster like the thing. I think he just ends up vaporizing it or the humans help him freeze it or something

Mechagodzilla 1 and 2 are better movies imo. Haven't seen terror of mechagodzilla yet because vudu doesn't have it and I don't want to use multiple storefronts or physical non 4k media. I still think MvG is great though

Why won’t Tohp release a Rodan Blu-ray or war of the gargantuas

I'm new to the series and hate that the titles aren't listed underneath the films or that there's no key anywhere I can find. Makes figuring out what to watch a pain

There's a lot of films whose positions I'm somewhat flippant about throughout tiers a to c.

Attached: my-image (1).png (936x651, 802K)

Japan is considered as a richer market with higher purchase power so the prices are set higher over there.

They were really pretty bad, desu, and I love Mothra. The effects were distractingly bad, even for Japanese Kaiju films at the time. It was like watching a really bad set of films aimed for kids.

>Mechagodzilla 2 is a better movie than Mothra vs Godzilla
Disgusting taste

I loved Godzilla 85 as a kid but there's no way it should be an A. Revisiting it as an adult, and it is a really bad entry. Super X is still kind of kino though.

Mothra vs Godzilla spends far too long on the larvae vs Godzilla sequence and it is a very boring fight. I like almost everything else about the film but monster fightan is always the part I'm most excited about and it let me down bigly

Toho has already bought a Hollywood office. After Kong vs Godzilla, they'll be making any future American versions.

>Mothra vs Godzilla spends far too long on the larvae vs Godzilla sequence and it is a very boring fight.
The sequence lasts less than 10 minutes, has more happening than the fight, and the fight is one of the stronger endings in a Godzilla movie. It's a well edited sequence. MechaGodzilla II's last fight is over twice as long and mostly tiresome beam exchanges with lazy camerawork.

I used to love it as a kid, as well, but its flaws became more and more jarring as I aged. Granted, it isn't necessarily worse than many of the films he dropped in that tier such as GvKG.

>but its flaws became more and more jarring as I aged
MechaGodzilla 2 or Mothra?

Oops, I meant for

either this or the G-cells fuck the thing in the ass when it tries to take over Godzilla. His cells are pretty volatile to anything foreign. I cite the fact that Biollante is literally a tiny bit of Rose and a single G-cell put together which made a monster bigger than Godzilla himself and also Spacegodzilla who is from some crystal space dust bullshit and G-cells. I don't think the Thing will actually do shit before it gets assimilated to Godzilla

Unfortunately I couldn't find a single other one.

If I had the money, I'd seriously pay some artist a shit load of money just to make a complete set of Hesei style posters. I'm amazed that nobody has taken the time to go and make them yet.

Evangelion was $600 when it came out on Blu-ray in Japan. That’s 26 episodes (1 season) and a movie.

When I went to Tokyo I bought a copy of Toho’s King Kong vs Godzilla and that was “on sale” for $35 USD. The prices of media there are ridiculous.