Does anyone else despise the mst3k reboot?

I wouldn't say the original is one of my all time favorite things, it's actually rather hit or miss for me since I was born after a lot of the references but some episodes I absolutely treasure like werewolf and final justice.

Anyway, I had little to no hope for the reboot when I saw it first came out. Admittedly I only saw one episode but it was one of the absolute worst things I've ever seen. Terrible jokes, references to pro sjw bullshit, and the open mouth basedboy they have as lead is an insufferable fucktard.

I mean there's always rifftrax so it doesn't matter that much but this reboot is an absolute disgrace and it sucks that it somehow got universal acclaim despite the terrible lack of quality

Attached: 20190810_144508.jpg (1510x2024, 1.67M)

On a scale of Rifftrax to Channel Awesome, where does that reboot fall?

The jokes aren't as good as the original series where even if you didn't fully understand the references they did the jokes in a way that were still funny, but it's acceptable. Most of the jokes are funny, but it doesn't make me crack up nonstop like the original series did.

Equal to channel awesome, I'd rather watch a Screensaver than either of them

I never liked any of the skits/sketches of the original show, but the movie riffs were usually worth a watch. None of that exists with the reboot, though. Nothing about the reboot is redeemable

The reboots terrible. They’re reading jokes off flash cards as fast as they can, giving no time for a joke to breath. This also makes it apparent they aren’t actively watching the movie. You have no time to absorb what’s happening in the movie and you know they possibly can’t so their commentary feels totally unorganic. Unauthentic garbage

Attached: E7F7A38A-A1A3-4092-AD21-48D11B96CC12.gif (500x350, 468K)

So y boy main character is INCREDIBLY bad
Felicia Day needs no introduction
Patton is never funny

No one likes it. It's cancelled. Its fucking god awful.

I have hated Jonah Ray since I heard him on Chris Harddick's podcast years ago

Yep couldn't make it more than 10 minutes into the first episode before I turned it off. I'm fine watching the original ones on YouTube.

they just have a list of jokes and rapid fire them out. the true comedy from the mike and joel era was comedic typing, to let things sit and play around with them. the current stuff is just non-stop one liners from start to finish. there's no comedic timing because there are no gaps for that to even occur.

its really not that bad, if you take away felicia day and patton oswalt.

i still like rifftrax better, but they obviously have the advantage of years of chemistry.

This is exactly how I felt about it. And if they weren't rapid-firing jokes they would do some other pointless thing, like having Tom fly around or Gypsy enter the theater.

It's aimed at ADHD zoomers (which is fine but not something id care for)
First episode was bad but second one was fine
Not as good as CLASSIC era but not awful either..got some good chuckles out of it here and there

>some other pointless thing
The entire reboot is pointless and that shittt stuff you mention, along with all the other unnecessary changes just shows what a hack Joel is. He needed Jim Mallon to make the show successful and the show clearly needed Mike and Kevin and Trace. It didn't need Joel. Fuck Joel, that money grubbing fuck head.

the joke pacing is terrible, the entire cast was annoying, and everything just felt like a cheap fan project. I tried 2 different episodes and it just wasn't appealing.

Still better than the Joel years. When can we all admit that Mike was the only thing saving MST3K?

The bumpers are Patton Oswalt explaining how they eat and breathe and other science facts. It's a kind of artistic suicide.

Yes

The kickstarter was a fiasco from start to finish. First Joel solicits money to "bring back MST3K" and only revealed Jonah Ray / Felicia Day / Pat Oswalt once donations reached a certain goal. The show was already greenlit by Netflix btw. They gave the big spenders rewards like a keychain that doesn't work, a mug that doesn't work, and for the big shots a secret mystery gift (a Funko Pop.) Every donor was cucked big time. Joel is a jew.

Does the keychain not hold onto keys? Does the mug not hold liquid?

The keychain doesn't hold keys because it breaks immediately, and the mug isn't insulated and has no handle, so it doesn't allow drinking anything hot. But you can find plenty of soijack lookalikes saying they're perfectly happy with them, since they've discovered the mug can be useful as a pencil holder and the keychain can be useful as a bookshelf decoration.

Mike > Rifftrax > Joel > nuJoel

It was reddit since the original, mongrel

>Mike was the only thing saving MST3K
Dont forget Kevin.

>Joel is a jew
This.

>Patton Oswalt
>Joe Camel
It was dead on arrival

This

I despise Patton, I can't stand Felicia Day so yeah ti's fucking awful

I fucking love kickstarter scams, IMO everyone who donates to these things always deserves it. I've seen a few kickstarter-funded movies and read a couple crowdfunded comics, and they are uniformly shit.
>donate money to us so we can sell you things
lmao

You people are just blinded by nostalgia goggles. It's the same thing as the old, just new material.

you can even tell they're just tired of it all on rifftrax too. stopped buying and watching the newer ones a few years ago since it was pretty clear they where recording at different times and so none of it really had the same chemistry to it.

I was initially excited but I refuse to acknowledge this piece of shit exists. I remember watching the trailers and lead up and was like holy fuck... it's just a bunch of shitty nu-alternative comedians raping the corpse. Then when Patton Oswalt was announced, I completely dropped it and haven't seen anything since.

Fuck you, Joel. Faggot. This is why I was always a Mike guy.

Why stop there? Why not throw in a line about how the only reason people don't like it is Russian interference?