Eternal /Arse/nal thread

Good ebening edition

Attached: emery1.jpg (1600x900, 137.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g7LJqhSjl_M
youtube.com/watch?v=TyE3cP27VoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ITS OUT

youtube.com/watch?v=g7LJqhSjl_M

Attached: hugh wizzy seething.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

Good ebening lads

I miss him

We all do

Favourite Unai match? For me it's
youtube.com/watch?v=TyE3cP27VoY
>that third goal

Attached: 1622698162923.png (578x793, 505.78K)

>torreira won potm in serie A
>douzi killing it in france
id even take lel neny over lokonga

gwen comes straight into the first team

Cone-placers gonna cone-place

Bad ebening.

Bit gay that

Arsenal have a good chance of finishing 7th this season and we should consider that a good season if it happens. Realistic fans would have happily taken that at the beginning of the season. It really looked like finishing as low as 9th was on the cards.

Arsenals biggest problem remains the customers. They latched onto the club during its best years and have been dragging it down ever since. The customers are to blame for The Emirates being built. The customers are to blame for WengerOUT. They will continue to drag the club down because they are still the same gloryhunters they were when they started supporting Arsenal. Their poisonous input will not allow a building process to happen.

Ok Mikel.

>building process
>End up the same position as last season except 150 million pounds poorer

Tearing apart anything that isn't an instant success will just see the team sink lower and lower down the table. Customers don't have the patience for anything less than instant gratification.
>That flag
>This topic
FOY

Ok Mikel.

Weverton, Arana, Magalhães, Bremer, Tomi; Partey, Gwen, Martinelli, Ode, Saka; Arthur Cabral.
Tite.
Guaranteed top 4 in the first season.

So why did he tank at Arsenal but is doing a very respectable job at Villareal?

>Flag posting because you can't refute facts
Concession accepted
He finished 5th and got them to the EL final. That's hardly tanking. Tanking is what Benitez did to Everton.

Cause he speaks the language and his players aren't massive egotistical divas that scoff at the notion of effort.

The kind of customers ruining Arsenal, have never even heard of Villareal.
>That flag
>This topic
FOY

Weak bait

I miss him.

Attached: Panini-Uefa-Champions-League-2008-09-527-Villarreal-France-Robert.jpg (316x400, 26.95K)

that guy needs to be locked up before his inevitable murder-suicide

Saka to Liverpool
Gabriel to Barca
Laca, Eddie on frees
Tierney to real
No CL
Arteta will stay
Edu will stay
No money from krankie
;_;

When are we going to start hearing some apologies from the 'emery out' mob? And why do arsenal fans insist on keeping arsenal shit?

This guy will coach Barca or Real and win several CL titles.

I can't wait to see the seething when Villareal win the Champions League.

he did well in retrospect. but we thought we were better than we are. our expectations were too high at that point, we didnt know how shit our squad was. its a moyes at man utd situation, we thought wenger was holding us back and we would improve when he was actually getting the best out of the shit team he created. emery had an impossible task really

>tierney to real

in what universe

real salt lake maybe

Why couldn't emery make it at arsenal? They are both small clubs with 0 ucls and no expectations to win the league

Unironically the Arteta arseblowers crafted a narrative that Emery tanked when he did better than Arteta and did so with a worse squad. Imagine >us getting Zaha instead of Pepe.

It did seem like the wheels came off after Baku, though. We were a lot worse at the start of Emery's second season, but he was never given the fellatio that Arteta has received.

SHARTETA OUT
KROENKIKE OUT

Attached: emptyemirates.jpg (2464x1642, 2.13M)

arsenal thinks it is a big club, it is also owned by soulless americans with retarded policies, nobody took him seriously because of his accent, think of how Valencia is managed, that's every team in premier league owned by americans

you'd think it would make the fucking tickets cheaper...............

well, you see my friend, in our culture money is God. you wouldn't understand.

Attached: emptyemirates3.jpg (1600x900, 1.07M)

Unai Emery Beats Bayern

Mikel Arteta Loses To Brighton

Why didn't we just get him a bloody Spanish-English translator? This is the biggest mistake the club has made in recent decades, even more so than the moving from Highbury. Baffling.

Arteta is doing an awful job of finishing top4 and i'm starting to question the whole "process" meme, but when i see Arteta gets ridiculed for something and Emery gets praised for the exact same thing, i kinda feel for the guy:

Arteta loses games
>Sharteta is a clueless hack, he was the reason behind the loss
Emery lost games
>Emery was a genius, it was players' fault, they were shit

Arteta has beef with some players
>cone placer sucks at man management, just see how he gives them away for peanuts
Emery had beef with some players
>Lazy players were turning against Emery because he demanded hardwork and they were soft

Arteta is about to bottle the top4 (hasn't happened yet)
>Lego head bastard can't even finish 4th, it's over, Arsenal will never qualify for CL under Arteter
Emery literally bottled the top4 (getting 4 points from the last 5 matches)
>Emery lost the 4th place by only 1 point, it was a close battle, he also got Arsenal to the EL final, a huge achievement

Why is it so hard for you guys to admit that Emery at Arsenal was a mistake, a mismatch, something bad for both parties?!

Think about it Swedebro.

>Arteta loses games
>Sharteta is a clueless hack, he was the reason behind the loss
>Emery lost games
>Emery was a genius, it was players' fault, they were shit
Arteta HAS spent hundreds of millions more on HIS players (none of that Pepe/Zaha shit Emery got dealt). I think it's fair to question Arteta's ability if he's not improving the league position (not to mention going out of all the cups early) with better players, only one game a week, and more time. Emery had his faults too, but Arteta is in a stronger position and should be doing better.

>Arteta has beef with some players
>cone placer sucks at man management, just see how he gives them away for peanuts
>Emery had beef with some players
>Lazy players were turning against Emery because he demanded hardwork and they were soft
I'm not sure how you debate this. Ozil was cancerous during Emery's time, cancerous for Arteta, and he's now being cancerous in Turkey (you can read about it). But look at Auba. Still a golden boot winner under Emery, gets frozen out by Arteta and the goals dry up, he moves to Barca and is banging in more goals than the entire Arsenal squad combined. On Auba alone, who got more out of him? Can you name any player Arteta has gotten more out of than Emery?

>Arteta is about to bottle the top4 (hasn't happened yet)
>Lego head bastard can't even finish 4th, it's over, Arsenal will never qualify for CL under Arteter
>Emery literally bottled the top4 (getting 4 points from the last 5 matches)
>Emery lost the 4th place by only 1 point, it was a close battle, he also got Arsenal to the EL final, a huge achievement
Dunno what's to argue about here. Emery did bottle 4th, but his 5th is higher than Arteta has managed in more seasons. His EL final was another bottle job, yes, but it's also further than Arteta has progressed in the EL. Do we forget when Emery dumped Arteta's Arsenal out of the EL last year?

Attached: 1554545688786.jpg (800x576, 63.06K)

Ozil was a mistake, he had talent to burn but the guy was a lazy alcoholic diva and a troublemaker to boot. Pride be damned, he should've been shipped out the moment that Fabregas' people got in touch with Wenger about coming back.

Honestly he should have learned the language. You don't see Pep complaining about language barriers. Even Arteta had to learn at some point when he went to Scotland and thats is just current PL managers

>anime
kys srsly

>Arteta HAS spent hundreds of ...
Never said it's unfair to question Arteta. The thing that is unfair is the way you compare Emery with Arteta: one is an experienced, seasoned manager who won trophies with different clubs, the other just literally started his career with Arsenal; one tried to work with an squad that still had this late-Wenger era core, the other tries to build a squad from ground up; one was new to the English football and English culture, the other has lived in England for more than a decade and is familiar; etc....
There are so many factors that have to be considered and the more you think about it, the more this comparison will look funny

>I'm not sure how...
None of the things you said was relevant, i'm not talking about a cancer player or prima donnas, i'm talking about a group of players who deliberately go against the manager to get him sacked, because apparently that's the narrative about Emery's second season shitshow. now ask yourself why did that happen? How come Emery couldn't see this vibe around him before the start of the second season and failed to address them accordingly? I don't accept examples from Manure where players sack the managers year in year out, because that's how they have been since SAF retired, but Arsenal are not like that, and have never been like that,

>Dunno what's to argue....
I agree with everything you said here

Emery didn't complaint about the language barriers though. If anything he was too prideful and want to learn the language instead of hiring a translator.

>retards itt still making excuses for the pep's bum boy
When will you learn?

But Emery did see this vibe, he talked about it in interviews, most recently the Athletic one. The Baku finals had too much weight and create a strain between him and the players, unlike coneplacer who grooms kids who've never seen an european final, Emery's squad were experienced and knew what and what's not acceptable.

You haven't responded to that user's question, who has Arteta gotten more out of than Emery?

Both Emery and Sharteta tried to get rid of the Turks. It's easy for him to talk shit now with his 80% Spanish team but in a mutted environment he was getting shit on week in week out.

>But Emery did see this vibe,...
And he did nothing? let that vibe to just follow the team right to the second season? he had a full summer to establish the authority and regain their respect

I don't answer the user's question because that's not the point here, I don't judge a manager based on how many players he's been unlocked, I do, however, judge him if he loses the dressing room and let that to be the reason to lose his job

Oh boi look what the cat dragged in

Attached: 305EAB7EFEBC478581164734C982A590.jpg (320x371, 62.12K)

He couldn't and he didn't, so he deserved to be sacked. He lacked authority in the dressing room and he lacked authority in the entire establishment, you can blame that on Emery as he set these boundaries of his role along with the board but Arteta has yet to achieve what Emery did and yet Arteta has more cards in his deck.

I think it's relevant, Emery kept the squad together, this sounds stupid because the same squad let him down but it's a lesson in the need for depth and being able to be flexible in approaching a new match, I'd argue Emery was too flexible but whatever. He brought the kids we rev up as stars today, Martinelli and Saka. Arteta only started playing ESR because of an injury crisis and we have yet to see any prospect from the academy rising up since then.

What I'm arguing is that Arteta hasn't shown anything for him to stay for as long as he does except for the ability to get rid of players at the slightest inconvenience which is such a double edged sword that we're throwing money at players to leave.

I agree with almost everything you said
My take from the very start of this argument is that Emery had an unacceptable 1,5 season and had to leave, that it was a right call to sack him
I also find it hilarious that to some of anons, criticizing Emery is equal to defending Arteta
anyway, my rant about Emery and Arteta is over

Bad at handling big egos and squad man management when such egos are around. Tried to play a defensive style for a squad that included Mustafi, Xhaka and Kolasinac. Couldn't speak the language well and didn't really work on communication, which compounded the divas in the squad overall effect. There were also some tactical issues but I forget the specifics since it seems like a long time ago. His crutch being that if he wasn't able to play defensively he didn't really have a back up plan and he showed an inability to adapt.

Wasn't backed by the board (Pepe over Zaha) and was also saddled by Sanllehi doing Sanllehi things. This was also the time the club thought "lol, we in a transition. Lets fire all our scouts to bring in old hands with reps!" Emery doesn't have any particular skill with putting himself about as a "presence", he very much seems like a company man who would take anything given to him. At some point it just seemed like he was happier to fail and complain about the insurmountable task/impossible to replace wenger when the inevitable sacking came. Compounded with his communication issues and unwillingness/inability to manage the dressing room, the squad responded to that.

>he did well in retrospect. but we thought we were better than we are. our expectations were too high at that point, we didnt know how shit our squad was.
you won your last title on 2003 and stopped being relevant when terry left what ever made you think you were good?

Based

we thought that was all wenger being shit/washed up.

Sorry that was my fault, don’t let me make the OPs in future.

19 years ago today, one of the best saves I've ever seen.

Attached: seamansave.webm (720x576, 2.93M)

It's okay bro at least it wasn't "/arse/"

He has done absolutely trash in La Liga though, finished 7th last year and are 7th right now. They are in CL because he won the EL.
Its really weird but he thrives in cup formats it seems
Dont forget he got Arsenal to EL final too against Chelsea