To people who saw Solo

Did they explain Kessel run and parsec bullshit? If so, how?

Attached: anh-falcon.jpg (1089x619, 115K)

Yes but I honestly don't remember the details.

The kessel run is apparently a set course inside a nebula or some shit and he cut through the nebula on the way back, there by going less then 8 parsecs

So he basically used a shortcut? And the distance was shorter than usually?

I havent seen the movie but it sounds like they just copied what was written in a SW book from 1994

Attached: 220px-Jedisearch.jpg (220x286, 23K)

The Kessel run usually takes around 20 parsecs but he used a more dangerous shortcut which was only slightly more than 12 parsecs.

Yes. The Falcon's speed and durability were both a factor.
It was a decent movie that didn't shit on the originals, it was just wholly unnecessary.

Why wouldn't they?

It's actually not a TERRIBLE movie, if you can get past the horrid miscasting of that guy Speilberg met at a bar mitzvah. And I have to give Donald Glover massive credit for fucking nailing Billy Dee.

i liked the part where they establish the millenium falcon is special because its got a female droid's brain in it.

>the leader of the raiders takes off her helmet and the camera stares at her mutt face for like 30 seconds

why. does anyone know? what was I supposed to care about in that scene?

It really isn't that bad, TLJ really fucked it over after leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth

They literally just copied the Kessel run from the EU books. Also, instead of a random nigger being Solo's gf, it was Emelia Clark.

This. And it came almost immediately after.

they ruined it by attempting to explain it. that line in ANH was meant to be bullshit, just said by some shifty bullshitter trying to make a quick buck. watch that scene again and look at Obi Wan's face after Han says that line, even he knows Han is full of shit. it's like an angsty kid just spouting off random vocabulary he learned in some obscure R-rated movie and trying to fit in with the grownups

Technically the EU ruined it first though...

It would actually have been a tolerable film if they didn’t make night vision goggles a requirement to watch most of it

It hurts,bro. But Glover was great.

Attached: 26kpkgq3_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

first half was decent the last half was shit

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be shocked she's a kid, but I remember thinking I missed something earlier in the movie or that she's some comic book/novel character or something. Pretty dumb.

it... has a bagina!!!!!1!1one!

this is the real problem with the EU is that everything was interpreted literally and everything and everyone needed some deep backstory
Han was attempting to impress the desert hicks with big words, it was even in the script how Ben had a look on his face calling bullshit as mentioned

Attached: Star Wars OT Script.png (601x621, 27K)

More or less. The fly near The Maw.

>I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be shocked she's a kid
This was my impression as well.

Spielberg saw a short film with Ehrenreich in it. At a bat mitzvah. They didn't meet there.

Their cargo is unstable and they couldn't just take the further safe route, they needed to gtfo really fast. The shortcut required higher speed to keep from falling into a black hole.

He's pretty good in Beautiful Creatures and Stoker, Stoker is pretty underrated

Brightness was fine in IMAX 3d, but when I saw it in 2d at a standard theater, it seemed like they were using a projector bulb that was about to go out

I forget most of it because it's very forgettable but Kessel is inside some kind of space dust storm...? Anyways there's only one way in through a tunnel in the story and Solo just flies into the storm and plot armour carries him safely through it. There was nothing interesting or smart about it. Also there's a giant lovecraftian God inside the storm that fell into a black hole or a sun, I can't remember, but it was really fucking stupid.

But Anakin, Padme, Leia, Luke and Rey are all teenage or younger when we are first introduced to them. Enfys Nest reveal almost seemed like something in the story changed because of the reshoots. Like we were supposed to recognize her from earlier.

I mean, shit, Solo is better than more than half of all other Star Wars movies that currently exist.

>It was a decent movie
Kill yourself faggot

Zoomer cock sucker i hope you and you disgusting cunt of a mother both get cancer

I saw ROTJ on its opening weekend, faggot.

>Glover was great
Kill yourself

nu wars isnt star wars you fucking faggot

Look out everyone, an edgelord has entered the thread.

You can dislike what they did with the character, but Glover fucking nailed Billy Dee's mannerisms, voice, and cadence.

i thought the millennium falcon was special because it was basically a forklift with no load, and therefore ridiculously OP

Watched part of it on an airplane. Other than being pozzed as expected it wasn't bad. Didn't care enough to ever finish it. It's better than the prequels and TFA.

you must be deaf and blind