Why is this movie so insignificant?

why is this movie so insignificant?

Attached: 1*Fr3F_X3dKWAAUf52Ag5dDw.jpg (825x464, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAUI1-D6tgs
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bagman
youtube.com/watch?v=ofEhOQop5Xw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it's capeshit and it is going to sink under pile of 20 other capeshits?

Because it's capeshit
Isn't that obvious??

It, along with Avengers 2, are Nothing Happens: The Movie. There's literally nothing memorable about it except for the airport fight scene, and even that only snippets like Giant Man or Spiderman are memorable. It's just boring.

It wasn’t insignificant.

It set all of phase 3 into motion and this is from someone who hated it in the theater.

Capeshit isn't that bad, they're like Indiana Jones, or the mummy. You bitches take it too seriously just because it's popular.

>they're like Indiana Jones
comparing cgi greenscreen with worldwide treveling adventure? kek no
fast and furious does better job, they actually travel to dubai or cuba.

Attached: petra indy 3 real.jpg (2048x1536, 908K)

The infinity saga is 23 movies.How can we cut it down to 4-7 and still get a comprehensible series?

Because Captain America is unironically the worst avenger. Take the airship scene in the first Avengers movie.

>Hulk has gone crazy, is destroying the ship from the inside-out
>Thor trying to restrain Hulk
>Black window interrogates Loki
>Hawkeye trying to kill Widow and Fury
>Iron Man saving the entire ship from crashing
>Captain America’s job is to help Iron Man by pulling a lever
>Cap cannot pull the lever on time because he’s struggling with a faceless, nameless moon

Seriously. Fucking useless character. And all he does throughout every movie is bitch and whine. I don’t think he’s had a single non-action scene where he doesn’t complain.

The cast was too short. It's just a handful of heroes fighting in some airport or some shit. Civil war should have happened late.

Sounds like a typical boomer to me.

This. Captain America 3 needed to be a separate movie to Civil War to allow the Bucky storyline to work well and develop the relationship between Steve and Sharon which they ditch anyway to make him go back to Peggy.

Then civil war could have been a separate Movie and included characters from mcu tv shows.

>comparing cgi greenscreen
Effects don't make a film

Fuck you, anti-American faggot liberal

Insignificant?
The biggest reason Thanos was able to catch Earth off-guard was because the Avengers weren't united, a direct result of the events of this movie.
Things may have gone differently if Thanos' goons had met the entire Avengers team instead of Stark, Hulk that couldn't Hulk, and Spiderman assisted by the wizards.

So what is that?
Is that an actual landmark or did they build it out of stucco or something?

in the entire row of movies in 10 years, wich one was significant?

correct. and this is how capeshit looks without effects. capeshit is basically one big special effects spectacle, and it's unwatchable without effects

Attached: 1551570291221.gif (480x268, 2.18M)

>still made more than Batman Vs Superman

Attached: 1522706353293s.jpg (159x250, 5K)

You just described Chris Evans perfectly user

you think in movies... making money is something significant?

The Treasury in Petra temple.

youtube.com/watch?v=SAUI1-D6tgs

Because it is literally just BvS with no effort or thought put in whatsoever.

Attached: soulvssouless.png (1000x851, 1004K)

honestly had no idea why they were fighting in it

It was even stupider than the comic book version. At least the comic version had an actual problem to it, a bunch kids fought a group of villains and the clash SHOWED you 600 people dying.

The movie version is just

>The incident in Age of Ultron was my fault
>Therefore I need to hold everyone accountable despite that it was only MY FAULT and you all had to clean up after it
>also Winter Soldier is brainwashed but I don't care

if everyone called Tony out on this more harder this movie would've never happened (or happened in the way it was presented)

It's literally the starting position for all of the events in Phase 3 and the Infinity War are you too stupid for Marvelshit or something?

If Civil War didn't take place, then they would have absolutely pushed Thanos's shit in.

Are you being serious?

That's just because of Joss Whedon trying to shit on him as some sort of political commentary.

Because it features Captain America being a bag guy.

Tony was 100 percent in the right all throughout Civil War though.
>we need to keep ourselves in check
>we need to protect the world from alien threats
>the Avengers split up
>half become full raging autists and go underground
>Thanos shows up and wins in literal minutes with barely anyone stopping him
Movie Tony has been correct since Phase 1.

>How can we cut it down to 4-7 and still get a comprehensible series?
Ironman 1
Cap america;WS
GotG
Avengers thanos glove

there

Did you watch Winter Soldier at all?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bagman

This was what I meant, the "broadly" part

>not including Ragnarok

how does signing that accord thing keep them in check?

Civil War didn't even need to happen, it would have worked as Captain America sequel with Zemo. He was a pretty good threat as is. Everything else was absolutely pointless.
He was right, but his "solution" was retarded as fuck. Because regardless, Thanos would have dealt with his army quite easily since he dealt with everyone from Space to Wakanda. It would have made Tony even more irresponsible.

He literally says in the beginning of Endgame, "If we had my army around the world, none of this would have happened." yet, he's STILL at fault, because changed is mind again by saying "Yeah. lets go to Titan with the Time Stone." in IW. He's so inconsistent.

Iron Man, Avengers 1 and Infinity War

whedon's male feminism wasn't bad enough to shit on cap in the first avengers. cap was actually a fan favorite for being hot and socially retarded. the real political commentary was in endgame where every original avenger was a defeatist pussy except for widow.

Iron man 3
thor 2: dark world
Avengers 2: age of ultron
CA: civil war
spiderman: homecoming
Captain marvel

there, all done for you.

>"If we had my army around the world, none of this would have happened."
Assuming Ultron worked as intended and wasn't evil, could they have beaten Thanos?

Indiana Jones is a pedophile, I wish films still used practical effects but that's just a thing of the past for the most part, but for the experience you get Indiana Jones and the marvel movies aren't much different.

Ok, let's leave Indiana Jones. Generally adventure movies usually show a bit of world, some interesting locations and stuff. Capeshit doesn't. They just render random airport and that's it.

Mission Impossible does great there. They travel to Hongkong, Dubai, Paris and more.

Russos choreography is great but the visuals are sometimes bland
It's why I don't really enjoy this or winter soldier

Well alot of the marvel movies are shitty but the good ones usually have decent action scenes, fights, character moments. Like in Winter soldier you get the boat at the beginning, the fight in the elevator, the big fight on the streets, they go to the Nazi base, etc it's pretty varied I would say, but ehh I understand why these movies get shit on but the most part i think it's just because how much attention they get. I mean people act like there's 500 marvel movies released every year they act like there so tired of it all when only a couple of these movies come out a year, it's just an exaggeration from people who want to be special by not liking something too much that's popular.

Its not insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

>events create Black Panther
>which in turn makes Wakanda the final battle place in IW
>Avengers split up
>which in turn makes Earth vulnerable to Thanos
>introduces Spider-Man to the Avengers
>who saves Iron Man in IW
>Rhodie also got Lieutenant Danned

But I will give credit to mi and Tom cruise, the marvel movies could be better with crazy practical stunts like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ofEhOQop5Xw

Attached: garbage.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

Go back to your cow shit flinging festival.

the civil war in the comics worked slightly better because there were a lot more heroes fleshed out with hidden identities, and they were concerned that their baddies would target their families and friends. in the movies they're basically all celebrities anyways.

even in the comics it was kind of shit though, I remember most of Yea Forums being fed up with it as soon as it started

Attached: 1539634425323.jpg (1050x704, 267K)

You do know the movie industory does make other movies than capeshit right? See this is what I am talking about by exaggerations from people, "an oppressive force" okie dokie

>Omg these five capeshit movies this year have destroyed my tarkovsky kino!

Get over it

Would have been good if cap got killed in the movie

I never got the love for winter soldier

sure

Attached: spiderman.jpg (2048x2048, 366K)

Endgame is the most “nothing happens” movie. The entire middle section of the movie is disposable.

I wouldn't say it is. I think it marks the turning point when the MCU actually got somewhat consistently good.

It's okay to like b movies, it's one thing if you think these are arthouse movies, I appreciate them for what they are. Homecoming and mcu Spidey is shit tho, infinity war was better than endgame.

The scene where Steve ALMOST agrees with Tony, but decides against it because Wanda is being kept on the base for the time being, fucking infuriates me. THE BITCH JUST BLEW UP A BUILDING. Being in the base is probably the smartest, safest place for her to be. Would Steve have preferred she go to The Raft? Did he think she deserved absolutely no consequences whatsoever? Steve refusing to join Tony in that scene is even dumber than Tony starting the whole thing in the first place.

>it's just an exaggeration from people who want to be special by not liking something too much that's popular.
No it's not. They are spammed every couple of months. There are popular things that are not shat on. Said mission impossible or even fast and furious. The difference is, these movies are well crafted, actually filmed and they are not shoved down your throat. They come up once per two years, not every 4 months.

it's literally one of the few nice movies of the mcu

>didn’t play Civ 5

too afraid to kill anyone off. closest they got was injuring war machine which had almost no impact towards anything

There have only been three mcu movies this year, three, that's what 6 hours of content, 7 hours? In an entire year... Watch something else stop making a bigger deal than it is.

fucking brainlet

And I would say almost all popular things have people absolutely dedicated to shitting on it whether or not it's good or bad.

One of those stinking turds leave cinema and another one is already there. Whole fucking year there's one mcu shit in cinemas. Totally not spam. Imagine making 1 Bane thread and next one as soon as it reaches bump limit.For whole fucking year.

Nope Comic Book version will now and forever be worse.

On paper it puts them under the control of the UN where before they were largely self administrating.

Sounds painful

Civil war II is the shittiest crossover ever, and marvel's crossovers like secret wars are pretty bad

>Punisher murders guy in front of cap, iron Man almost kills Spidey, heros almost destroy new York, cap assassinated

Comic was way better.

Its more like that he was upset Wanda was being detained against her will without being any kind of hearing on the cards. It reinforced the idea that ultimately he can't trust whatever system is being put in place. They are both RIGHT and WRONG at the same time.

The central conflict in the comics was way fucking dumber including shit like Richard Reeds and Tony Stark unleashing an actively murderous Thor clone on the Anti-Reg side.

It was more entertaining, more over the top ,like it should be.

Give 3s

Trying for 3s once more

Yeah, but like... She was being kept at her home. Which is where she would be if she wasn't being "kept" anywhere, Like... that's a pretty sweet deal, all things considered. I can't even believe the dumb bitch was about to be all "TEE HEE, GONNA STEP OUT REAL QUICK AND BUY SOME PAPRIKA" less than a week after killing a bunch of civilians.

Iron man
Thor
Avengers
Winter and age could be combined
Antman
Civil war
GOTG
Dr strange
Antman and wasp
Infinity and endgame combined

Nah fuck that noise. If you want a mindless hero vs hero conflict introduce some mind control villain as a plot excuse. If you want to devise some moral issues that would drive a hero vs hero conflict it at least needs to be sensible and Civil War in the comics was anything but. It all but ruined Tony Stark until RDJ happened. The Civil War film strained against my suspension of disbelief a couple times but I could at least understand why everyone was acting the way they were and why things were happening. Reed Richards can be a total cunt some time but killing Goliath with a Thor clone was basically a hard redline.

Detained is being detained nigga. And again I doubt Cap and issue with there being possible repercussions, just that there should be due process involved which there was clearly not.

>Detained is being detained nigga.
SHE JUST BLEW UP A BUILDING FULL OF PEOPLE

>just that there should be due process involved which there was clearly not.
It JUST happened. Tony was probably waiting for everyone to cool off a little first. Being detained was probably keeping Wanda safe - I doubt Ross could just waltz into the Avengers Base and go "I'm arresting that bitch, hand her over."

There would be a chance, but Thanos is an actual space warlord, nuking the planet with asteroids or just shooting at earth with his ships is a option.
Thanos dont really need to come to earth personally, he can just nuke the planet from orbit and loot the stone from Ultron cold dead hands, but that would not make a fun capeshit movie.

Signing the contract doesn't really limit the Avenger as far as I understand. Like Rhodes flat out cut off Ross in IW when he demanded Cap to be arrested. If anything it's to save the UN face while the Avenger just does whatever they can.
It's not like the Avenger could be everywhere, like nobody but Tony helped out during Homecoming.

To be fair, who knows what the consequences would've been for Rhodey had the Snap not happened.

The Gap between it and infinity war was too long and none of the other movies really cashed in on the new status quo

Ant-Man & The Wasp did... but that was after Infinity War. Also, why would Hank and/or Hope be held responsible for Scott's activities in Civil War. Yeah, Hank made the suit, but that's like arresting the inventor of the gun after a shooting. That's not how it works.

Steve asked about her rights. Tony answered with something about her being a foreign national without residency status. While technical true any kind of narrative that diminished Wanda's (or anyone's) rights was something Steve was never going to play along with.

They rushed it instead of waiting for them owning the right to use X-Men
Imagine having pic related happening on the screen. It would have been a shitstorm of epic proportions. Instead we got "oops Wanda broke a window, international incident amirite?"

Attached: civil-war-beginning.jpg (720x564, 126K)

Eh, they still could've done the set up of an exploding villain even without the X-Men.

context?

I'm not going to lie, Indiana Jones does not hold up. If it was ever really good in the first place. Just watched the whole trilogy recently for the first time since I was a little kid, and there was just something very off about their tones and plot progression and characters and everything that didn't sit right with me. Except for 2. 2 was pretty much exactly how I remembered it. It held up the best of the three.

The comic book Civil War basically started when a team of superheroes called the New Warriors, who have a reality show, clash with a group of super villains in Bumfuck, Nowhere. One of the villains, Nitro, has the amazing power of blowing up, so he blows up near a school and kills several of the heroes + a bunch of kids and the surrounding houses, which leads to people pushing the superhero registration act

>THE BITCH JUST BLEW UP A BUILDING
No? She contained a suicide detonation as best as she could and saved several innocent lives on the ground, unfortunately at the accidental expense of some lives up above. Should firefighters get detained whenever they fail to save someone from a burning building?

Anything involving time travel and utilizing it in such a way just means nothing matters ever

The fact that their hackwork was so apparent that even when everyone got dusted in infinity war, everyone KNEW they’d get magic’d back is pathetic. We now have a no consequences conflict. The fact they flat out promoted the next Spider-Man movie before endgame was out to confirm he was alive was really stupid.

>Should firefighters get detained whenever they fail to save someone from a burning building?
Firefighters usually don't throw the fire directly into a building.

Scarlet Witch literally lived out the train dilemma, and the factions broke out over if she chose right.

>why is marvel so insignificant?
ftfy

There's no such thing as a significant MCU movie. They're like Saturday morning cartoons, only longer and more boring.

I think BvS was kino as fuck

Can't believe people disliked it

They do sometimes actually allow structures be consumed on purpose though if it means they are in a better position to ultimately extinguish a blaze.

>American education

LMAO remember when this site had a sticky for spoiler warnings for this hot piece of trash.

>Just when you thought Yea Forums wasnt shitty enough.

Well there are consequences still. Several Avengers are gone, half the universe still had to live through five years of Hell and the other half now has to figure out how to reintegrate into a society that moved on without them.

>Every Marvel movie is shit
>They make too many they should stop
>Everyone here has seen almost every movie in the franchise

This thread is retarded