I don't get it

I don't get it.

Attached: eraserhead_1-1600x900-c-default.jpg (1600x900, 235K)

He don't like his baby

having a baby is terrifying. that's pretty much it

You see it's actually a deconstruction of toxic masculinity and white male privilege, the baby is symbolic of downtrodden non binary non abalistic folk, and "eraser head" erases these people from history with his inability to take responsibility for his past. Very powerful....

Poor faggot who slaves away at work didnt use a condom and fucks up his life even more. Many such cases. Imagine having a baby jesus fucking christ...

David Lynch wanted to film disturbing shit and weird scenes for fun so he did it and did an okay job that was at its worst over-analyzed nonsense and at its best memorable and creative nonsense

Man hates his life, hates his wife, fuckin hates his kid
Visualized by the most extreme fantastical version of a regular life

>young couple have unexpected baby
>woman is not up for it
>dude doesn't give a shit
>he also grows tired of the baby
Did I miss something?

sin
religion
industrialization
suicide

Elaborate on that?

He dreamed his son was an alien or some creature and then he was attacked in his nightmares or was it all real

It blows my mind how much people don't understand Lynchs films.
If you can't even understand eraserhead stay away from Inland Empire that's his best and supposedly the last film he would ever make.

>dude it was all a dream lmao
Sums up pretty much all david lynch movies desu

Attached: 1524451274523.jpg (261x328, 28K)

It's shitty on purpose.

That's not true

Attached: jpg.jpg (800x450, 24K)

Why is Rabbits so unsettling and creepy?

he ruined his life because
>he didn’t use a condom
>he trusted women (his whore wife, he also believed that the woman across the hall was actually interested in him)

quick gestalt:

lady in the radiator = death
man in the moon = god
annelids = sin

plot is just a dude overcome with guilt commits suicide

backdrop is just generally anti-industrial. pipes and smoke, horrible living conditions, dirt and mud without grass or trees. the 2 trees that do make an appearance are the tree of life and that painting of one with the nuclear blast in the background. the old guy goes on rant about "i put in all these pipes and turned this city into the hellhole it is today" and there's plenty of other stuff you'll notice if you look for it. interactions with technology is awkward, the new chickens look disgusting, elevator takes forever, buzzing alarms for like 10 seconds, putting brains into the pencil factory to make eraserheads, etc.

you'll also notice a bunch of stuff with religion and death, light and darkness. i think in the opening the guy has an annelid come out of his mouth and man in the moon throws it into the sea or something is just about confessing his sins and forgiveness. suicide lady just steps on them, which says that suicide can take the guilt away as well because you can't feel anything after death.

just watch it again with these general themes in mind and you should be able to see what he's doing

Be honest, are the rest of Lynch's films any good?
Eraserhead was ok, TP season 1 was great, season 2 was honestly bad, FWWM was good, and The Return was good.
Overall from my experience his work is pretty shaky so far.

get r slash wooshed

Yep this is it.
His sexual frustration and guilt caused him to imagine everything he saw and did.

The baby just represents the father causes they're one and the same.

Elephant Man is pure soulful kino and is just a straight narrative without the usual Lynch meme stuff

What are some other blackpilled industrial kinos?

Twin Peaks: The Return is 18 hours long and it's his last film.

>that seemingly pointless scene with Henry's head being turned into a pencil eraser
>uhh okay
>then it all coming together in that one shot where he's facing his own mortality, the weight of the responsibilities he didn't want and the fear of fatherhood grown to monstrous proportions (literally) and the pencil eraser shavings billow behind his head
Turbokino. Excellent work from the master, David Lynch.