What made him so good? How does one obtain such remarkable man management and authority?

What made him so good? How does one obtain such remarkable man management and authority?
He's already one the most, if not the most universally praised manager ever, and it only gets better with time as United fail to appoint a decent successor again and again.

Attached: 0_GettyImages-88019502.jpg (1200x1200, 149.69K)

OVERRATED WHISKY-NOSED CUNT basically all of his success can be attributed to bogus refereeing decisions.

>2 European cups in 27 years

kek

Attached: zzdti91661.jpg (615x409, 50.55K)

ok Kevin Murphy, Cork's biggest Liverpool fan

In recruitment, he prioritized player mentality over the skill ceiling.
He'd give up on unneeded players quickly (Ince, Kanchelskis, Veron, even Beckham).
He demanded great fitness levels as he wasn't keen on squad rotation.
But he also got lucky not getting the sack in 1992 and then in Barcelona final too.

Howard Webb

>remarkable man management
thats it.
Fergies old school and got respect. I'm not sure anyone else would have survived a dressing room with characters diverse as Keane, Ronaldo, Beckham and Cantona, some at the same time, and still got the best out of them.

Tactically he was really underwhelming compared to other managers you see talked about it in the GOAT discussion. The 09 and 11 finals against Barca were horrible and even the players knew how they should have played instead. I think even the 08 CL win he got bailed out by Cristiano having his best season ever. His PL titles are impressive but Arsenal were inconsistent, and Liverpool were horribly run.

Refball
And Manure couldn't find a successful manager after him because the meme attacking Manure style football is not a winning style without refball.
When you are a legit team like Chelsea or Liverpool, the new manager can look at the past seasons and see what worked and what didn't, and start his work from there. In Manure what worked before is not a legit thing anymore so it's always building everything up from scratch.

Bought out referees, would jave never cut it at a small spending club

no, never
you fucking tard.

Attached: Shutterstock_1878603a[1].jpg (1056x1500, 199.76K)

The 1983 Haggis regional cup, very impressive

Scottish

you want to continue publicly drowning in your ignorance, Burger?

Attached: TheHaggisCup.png (1036x609, 1.28M)

Reminder that if Man United had lost the 1990 FA Cup Final to Crystal Palace (which they nearly would have if not for getting a last minute equaliser forcing a replay), Ferguson would have been sacked and would have gone down in history as one of the least successful Man Utd managers of all time.

Attached: 1649550107857.gif (498x498, 3.78M)

I miss his rivalry with Wenger. Current PL rivalries are soulless

It's now

Ferguson had a bunch of washed bums in the 2011 final, he overachieved by even making it there.
Barcelona had the full support of uefa, a referee that denies chelsea 5 pens in a game and sent RVP off for nothing. UEFA needed to advertise their game to foreigners and used Barcelona to do so.

Attached: Barcelona_vs_Man_Utd_2011-05-28.svg.png (1482x2048, 173.19K)

United were the richest club in Britain by far until Chelsea got taken over. He was exposed in Europe time after time. Well overrated I'm afraid, Paisley is actually the greatest British manager all times, followed by clough.

And we never would have lived through the decade of >moyes, van laal, >mouyes, >oleyes, ralf rang nick and /mug/ throughout it all

United were 21st (in a 22 team league) when Fergie took over. If anyone 'made them rich' - he did.

>United were the richest club in Britain by far until Chelsea got taken over.
Hm yes, I wonder why indeed. Couldn't have anything to do with the 8 titles in 10 years, right?

Attached: premiership-winners-by-year-61407a4b15767-1631615563.jpg (900x506, 114.87K)

He lost 4 titles by a combined 3 points by the way. (Some he was heavily refballed against, despite claims United were favoured by refs)
The real reason people say United were favoured by refs is because Ferguson ruined scousers childhood, the 30 years of hurt.

Attached: article-0-08FCB098000005DC-409_468x286.jpg (468x286, 30.62K)

>h-he should have gotten sacked
>only 2 CL titles
which level of cope are we looking at here?

>T. Mouyes

>premiership winners

This would be better titled 'English league title winners'

just to clarify, i'm not even a United fan (Arsenal is my favorite team in England), but it's hilarious how fast Scousers come out of the woodwork in these threads whenever Fergie gets mentioned.
Truly the GOAT.

Facts

Most resourceful manager ever

Could play literal who's like macheda januzaj and chicharito and get results

for me, it's 1962

>Paisley is actually the greatest British manager all times, followed by clough.
How old are you wtf

>Could play literal who's like macheda januzaj and chicharito and get results
remember this

Attached: ManUnitedArsenal_jpg.png (742x417, 607.1K)

I agree completely, though to be fair it seems it's harder to keep everybody in line in today's football when even fucking Maguire costs 80 million.
Ancelotti is the same type of guy, but more laid back.

>Hm yes, I wonder why indeed. Couldn't have anything to do with the 8 titles in 10 years, right?
No, they were the richest club in the country prior to Ferguson winning a single title. Oh dear!

See above.

I'm 25.

Here, United were the richest club (by far!) before Ferguson won a single title.
Apologies required from the following fools: Thanks in advance boys.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-04-11-19-42-10-12_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg (1282x720, 423.64K)

Scouse cunt is what you are.
Go examine the pic in again.
Slowly now.

Attached: Untitled-300x227[1].jpg (300x227, 13.01K)

Oh dear. How embarrassing. I don't think we'll be seeing him again.

They're still the richest (English..) club now
How come they cant win a raffle?
Maybe, its all down to the Absence of Fergie, after all?

Attached: deloitte-uk-dfml21-info-slide1[1].jpg (1380x800, 184.93K)

Extremely based and redpilled

Lol the real reason people call it refvall is because They had to watch it for 30 years. Mike Riley is one of United’s biggest ever legends for a reason

Ignore him. If it wasn't for Pep's Barcelona, Fergie's early 00s team would be remembered better remembered as an all time squad. Now it's seen as Ronaldo lucky pre-cum win before his GOAT Madrid era. Three finals in fours years is not a bad stat to have.

he dominated when England was the famers league. Got continually exposed in Europe. 2 wins in 25 years is piss poor. He would get absolutely bootyblasted by Klopp and Pep if he was around today.

wouldn't he just do what he did with carlos queiroz and hire a more "modern" coach similar to mirror pep and klopp's press heavy style?

What is this picture of friend?

he bribed the refs user

back to redandwhitekop paddy

>97
WASN'T ENOUGH

this is complete bullshit

this

/thread

Arsenal losing

Now it's the other Manchester team that has the attacking football with refball going for them

3 years later an even worse chelsea team beat pretty much that barca team on their way to win. Ferguson is shit at finals. All the man management types like ferguson and klopp are because they come up against a tactical dude who's finally had time for 4 weeks of tactical drills and preparation and whose man management skills don't matter because hey it's a final and the players manage themselves. I'd much rather have Benitez, Emery, or Mourinho as a manger for final than klopp or ferguson.

The English 5 year ban from European cup competition did not help Everton at all.

not the guy, but the EPL wasn't acc that good back then. They'd been out of Europe for 5 years after Heyshel, so it wasn't like the early 80s, when lpool (mainly), forest, and even villa were making it so an english team was winning the european cup most years.

yes, back in the 80s and 90s.
in the 2000s the PL was dominant again, but constantly got refballed by UEFA. semifinals were usually 3/4 english teams.
2003 united refballed by porto who scored a clear offside
2009 chelsea denied 5 pens (3 stonewall) and 1 red card by the ref vs barcelona
2011 arsenal 2-1 up referee gives RVP a red card, perhaps the worst refereeing decision in CL football

Elite man manager, Elite at developing young players and finding gems, Elite at teambuilding, Elite at bringing in the right coaching staff, Elite at bullying refs and journalists

>EPL wasn't acc that good back then
1977 to 1984, English clubs won seven out of the eight European Cups - Heysel final was 85, for which they got banned. The league suffered a bit during those 5 years in the Euro desert, sure. But the English had dominated Euro football before and the EPL hardly became a 'Farmers League' overnight.

Attached: EuropeanCup_77_84.png (837x499, 46.01K)

the reason england got banned is because they were dominating europe, by the way. nothing like it has ever happened to any other nation.

I was just thinking, what it would take to get Euro range-banned for 5 years now. Russia probably be back in two. Still, the Scousers did kill 35 Italians. But you're right, it wont happen again anytime soon.

he was the original vamos

pretty much killed english football for a good 15 years until ferguson wenger mourinho revived it only for PL to become bigger than the other leagues combined