DUNE General:PG-13? Edition

Previous: So,I wonder,will Denis Villeneuve's Dune reboot be PG-13 or R Rated? David Lynch's Dune was PG-13 and I think this one will be too. I'm fine with this as I see no point for R Rating other than gore and it's not needed.LotR was PG-13 too and it's fucking great.

Attached: 1565292322393.jpg (1200x950, 45K)

I see no reason why it wouldn't be rated PG-13. To make it an R rated film they'd have to go out of their way to make it more violent/gory than the book or add things that weren't there like nudity or saying "fuck" multiple times.

This,it also has a christmas release date now and there are rumours of a toy line for it made by mattel and a videogame.

It might get the R rating. Lynch's Dune got a 15 in the UK with the adjacent ratings being a 12A and an 18. Likely a soft R or edgy PG 13

Books seemed PG-13 to me. I see no problem here.

Edgy PG-13 is likely. It seems they want the LotR/Star Wars/Avatar crowd with the Christmas season release date. There really is no need for an R Rating. Majority of R Rated films I've seen were garbage. What's the point of having so much sex in a movie? I already have enough in my daily life.

No

>there are rumours of a toy line for it made by mattel and a videogame.

NO! They mustn't do that!!

We already have a couple decent RTS computer games. Leave it be!

Attached: 953999695-00.jpg (400x267, 15K)

Duh,Y'know? You don't have to buy it.

I already have the RTS games and several of the activity books. There is no need for more product. Next they'll be making those Funko Pop dolls. Good grief, just leave it alone. Just wait and see, they'll make "House Atreides" hoodies for the Burlington Bar slags to wear to their watch parties. ENOUGH!

Attached: angry.jpg (220x220, 10K)

And? Don't buy them! Maybe other people will want that,why are you so selfish?

Why would kids play with a drug addict?

>find Battle for Dune at a thrift store
>buy and take it home
>disk missing

Attached: 1500050119361.jpg (629x505, 33K)

Why not? Kids do drug nowadays since 10

Dune funko is happening. Everything gets funko pops nowadays or tries to copy them.

Hyperion Cantos is better

Sorry to hear that. You should still be able to play most of the game, provided the missing disk wasn't the installer.

Attached: 1519791344324.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

Do americans really do this?

PG13 is for pussies. Name one PG13 movie that's good and actually great.
Protip:YOU can't.

BR2049 was R rated while being a 150 million dollar film. Dune doesn't have to be R rated though, similar to LOTR

Mirror (Zerkalo)

Another thing. R rated movies don't make a lot of money at box office and being higher budget too makes them easier to flop than. Pg13 movies. Only Jesus and Deadpool made real money at box office as r rated films.

The more normies buy the bigger the budget for more kino. What is your problem?

Mega Construx Dune when?

Normies buying product only results in additional product being bent towards normie tastes. It has already started. They're casting Jason momoa as GoT and capeshit bait. Shameful!

Attached: 1546958419954.png (473x469, 386K)

>Majority of R Rated films I've seen were garbage
Majority of films in general are garbage. VIllenueve isn't scared to go for the R rating, Arrival is the only non R rated film of his. I don't think he/the studios care. They understamd with a movie this obscure, quality is the only thing that can sell it.

But the thing is that Dune doesn't need an R rating though.
LOTR is quality and that is PG-13 aswell

IDK, I haven't read it, I'm going in blind. I heard the one bad guy is a gay pedo or something though...

Always make films R and then edit down to the bare minimum to make it PG13. All top grossing films and numerous academy award winners do this.

Can't have gays as villains.

Now Paul will be gay (for Duncan).

Paul will kill Jamis (first kill = loss of virginity), he will then shed water (metaphor for masturbation) because he actually loved Jamis.

Lol of course it will be pg13

Transformers 3 original cut was R Rated

>didn't read it
Leave now

everything we've heard about the production indicates it has a budget too high for an R rated movie

This,if it is R Rated and it has a big budget too it will flop hard.

I want to go in blind. I was about to start reading it until I heard Villenueve was making the sequel.

NOT SEQUEL, I MEAN ADAPTION.

Why are you lurking Dune threads if you want to go in fresh? You're bound to pick up plot and character details.

I don't mind small things, i just can't contain my excitement.

Fag

>rated R muaddib
I don't think I can handle it

Attached: p.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

Star Wars was never good and Dune wont even be as good as that

HYPERION CANTOS IS BETTER THAN DUNE!!! FACT!!!!!

Wrong

Explain why.

what happened to my meme edition thread? you may have won this thread battle, but i will win the thread war!

Attached: dune5.png (680x788, 582K)

The 2000 Dune Miniseries was nearly perfect so I doubt this will be better.

You are gay
Cringe,kys

they can't make this film into kino without R rated content. for example, the part where the Harknonen guards rape Jessica before dropping her in the desert.

Attached: dune6.png (591x889, 1.31M)

>rape in a movie
>in 2020
Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaaahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The only R rated part of the entire series I can remember is Alia training against that weird robot thing while being nude in Dune Messiah. But that can easily be clothed instead or skipped entirely because it is a pretty irrelevant scene.

t. I've never read the source material and only know about Dune from second-hand accountings

Blows my mind that they got Susan Sarandon and James McAvoy to star in the sequel and work with literally who Hungarian locals on a no-budget tv miniseries project.

Dune is just a glib facsimile of Warhammer 40k. I mean, 'God Emperor'? Jesus fucking Christ. GW should sue Frank HACKbert.

Keanu would have been a way better Duncan Idaho if they wanted big-name normie bait

Dances with wolves.

As long as Dune takes money away from Disney...

I only wish all of the original cast returned for Children.

Attached: The State decrees Shut the Fuck Up.jpg (480x360, 17K)

This desu. Dune is nothing but a lame hodgepodge of W40k and Star Wars.

Timmy Tim the rapper will be the best Paul ever

Attached: 566.gif (268x268, 1.44M)

The Christmas release is just so strange for a Dune adaption. They would be better off delaying it to 2021, and copying the Fury Road release

mcavoy was a literal who when it was made

He was James Twinkavoy

Attached: 598.gif (342x228, 728K)

they dont rape her, tho
they only discuss about raping her

I tried to read the book but couldn’t get into it. Is it worth another try?

It's a fine book, pacing gets a bit weird between acts, but it's a good read regardless
What bored you last time?

No. Just watch The Boys, rewatch The Boys or read The Boys comics

yes, but we know that villeneuve will modify the story for this part, because it will create a stronger hatred for the harkonnens.

Attached: dune7.jpg (900x951, 138K)

>he hasn't seen Jame's standout performance as "Local Boy" in An Angel Passes By
You pleb.

You might be right. Then again, the Bene Gesserit's entire MO is "men are stupid and weak we have the bad poosi we make the rules." So would it be more contrarian to have Jessica be spitroasted, or have her use the voice and her feminine wiles to have the two guards kill each other?

Since it's confirmed that this film will only cover the first half of the first book, does that essentially guarantee a sequel no matter how bad it flops?

If it flops there won't be a sequel

Navigator suck!

Shit book

this is one of the reasons the film will flop so don't go dreaming about a second film, this filmed was doomed when they cast this faag

Post good dune memes,pepes and wojaks