He fucking won

He fucking won

Attached: light.png (642x362, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deathnote.fandom.com/wiki/Rules_of_the_Death_Note
deathnote.fandom.com/wiki/Rules_of_the_Death_Note/Manga_Chapter_Rules#Volume_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If he didn't became "the new L" and just scheduled deaths he'd have gotten away with it.

He feeding won

If he killed the jews we all would’ve won

Attached: 7.jpg (286x392, 44K)

He lost. And he fucking deserved it.

Attached: LightDeathManga.jpg (1508x1200, 542K)

Why didn't Light just use the Death Note to make one of his colleagues kill themselves in a way that also killed L? Like, strap a bomb to themselves or something.

Light is a genius on paper but he makes a lot of objectively stupid decisions. Like letting L narrow him down to Japan and specifically Tokyo, was really dumb. At that point Light is one of the smartest kids in Japan and fluent in English, it would be a no brainer to go overseas for college. Instead not only does he stay in Tokyo, he deliberately draws L towards the specific police unit that his dad is in charge of.

I don't like him but I agree with you, OP.
also,

Yes, he did. The world would believe in Kira for centuries. The police would never come forth with the true story. It would end up as a myth though, so he doesn't really win after all. Because his overall goal to become a god was always impossible. The best he could do was make a relatively little difference in his meager lifetime.

It would have been more suspicious to seek L instead of let him come to Japan.

>a lot of objectively stupid decisions.
90% of the time he's a 180 IQ galactic big brain, but when the plot needs him to make mistakes that make him look like a gibbering simpleton it does. It's such miserable lazy fucking writing

The deathnote had so many batshit rules you probably can't make a victim accidentally kill another person who is actually the target or something.

It's one of the major reasons why Death Note is complete shit tbqh. Light is the protagonist, yet his 'character' and thought process are vague, contradictory cookie-cutter retardation that wouldn't be out of place in a mid-season 1 high school harem anime villain. We're told he's an ubermensch genius, yet he never demonstrates being anything close to it other than acing his high school exams. L was the only developed character in the setting and he got killed off for shock value to make an otherwise impotent Kira look threatening. I don't expect much from Nip children's cartoons, but fuck Death Note honestly I hate it so much.

He was a brainlet

The first arc is pretty good, though it does have some flaws. It's fucking Shakespeare compared to the second act though.

>I don't know how to create universally-appealing anime tension at a specific point in time in Japan 101

Ever think the problem lays with you and not the massively popular anime series?

Completely agree. The chemistry between Light and L was the centerpiece of the appeal, and their influence on one another for good and ill was kino.

>bobular with retarded teenagers = good xDDD

Quality is based on appeal. Otherwise, what's the fucking point?

Attached: 1562724145124.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

The death of the person you write in the book cannot have other casualties of people not written in the book too
If you did that the dude would just get a heartattack
Its the ruuuruus

What if you could make someone blow themselves up close enough to L cause serious injury to him? Not death, not against the rules.

Is that actually one of the rules? I know you can't make them kill other people, but I would think shit like

>L is flying with Joe Smith on Flight 337
>Right in "Joe Smith dies when Flight 337 crashes"

Would still work.

It's a rule. Your example would just make him die of a heart attack OR cause everyone else on the flight miraculously survive, but that's so unlikely that the note will probably just override the specified method and go with the default option anyway.

deathnote.fandom.com/wiki/Rules_of_the_Death_Note

Not seeing the rule.

deathnote.fandom.com/wiki/Rules_of_the_Death_Note/Manga_Chapter_Rules#Volume_2
Rule 10.
>Whether the cause of the individual's death is either a suicide or accident, if the death leads to the death of more than the intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced.

when the anime death note ismore consu er friendly then the united states law

because thats how the real psychopaths works

Anyone else notice how the best written animes in general seem to outdo the best written television in general?

IT WAS HIS TURN!!!!

should i watch the new movie series from 2016?

Reminder that based Near was better than L and Light

Spoiler: Light is a sociopath. They tend to do shit to make things more interesting. His mistakes were more foolhardy than stupid.

Kek

No, it was HIS turn

Attached: Death Note - Chapter 108.5 - 42.jpg (825x1200, 313K)

I'm still seething that Light lost. It might have been a fitting end to his character, but it doesn't change the fact that him getting killed so pathetically (both in the anime and the manga) was pretty gay

Light isn't stupid. The reason why he continues to draw L in and play games with him is because L was the only person Light saw as his own peer and for Light the entire point was continuing to play games with L. Light doesn't fully understand this himself but the subtext is more than clear:
>When Light looks into L's face with a look of triumph as L dies, Light waits for a moment after his death as if he's expecting something. Then his face changes to a look of disappointment.
>After the timeskip when Light is briefing the team and taking over as L, he looks over for a moment and sees L sitting in his chair. Light is visibly disconcerted by this.
>Deleted funeral scene for L where Light freaks out and yells at the tombstone that he won. He waits for a moment and nothing happens, then his face changes to anger and he goes on a emotionally driven killing spree.
>When Near appears on the scene Light is constantly talking about how Near can't hope to match up to L and that it's an insult that he thinks he can take his place.
Light and L had a bizarre kind of friendship because only in each other did they find a capable rival and therefore a respectable peer. Light is at his happiest when he's trying to outsmart L and vice versa. In his heart Light is just a kid playing a game with a friend and after L dies Light's subconscious is paradoxically angry that he's gone and isn't playing anymore.

is there anything more pathetic than reading japanese comic books?

but...he's just a man
men die in lame ways
in a puddle, on the toilet, at a desk, what's the difference?

a few things, yes, but they are all related to japan in some way

I highly doubt that the author was thinking that deeply about the plot. You're reading way more into this shitty story than actually exists. Your post is basically fan fiction

It's all very clear and obvious subtext, sorry you're too much of a brainlet to pick up on very basic elements of a story.

you just invented a plot that's more clever than what the author actually wrote. Yes, Light obviously saw L as a rival and enjoyed the game of cat and mouse, but that wasn't the reason he did stupid things. The reason Light did stupid things was for plot convenience and because the author was stupider than the character he was trying to write.

As above