This movie has more soul than western animated movies as a whole

This movie has more soul than western animated movies as a whole.

Attached: best-anime-movies-princessmonoke.jpg (1200x800, 278K)

dood the environment lmao

insert obligatory contrarian opinion that ends with you being a weeb faggot

>studio ghibles
And on top of that, you chose the worst one of the lot.

Why do people act like mononoke is the best, laputa is better

The only Miyazaki creations I've seen that have soul were Castle of Cagliostro and Future Boy Conan. He used the same story several times, each version with less soul than the previous.

>muh east vs west

Classic animation is in a bad enough place without your console wars bullshit.

>anime
No thanks, I'm not 12 .

are you Mamoru Oshii?

> the worst one
You have to be a legti retard to believe this

Miyazaki movies are fucking garbage. Yeah the animation is nice but the plots are meandering bullshit filled with propaganda. When they end I always feel blue balled cause I keep expecting something interesting to happen and it never does. Only good Ghibli movie is Whisper of the Heart and that fucker didn’t even direct it.

Iron Giant >>>>>>>>>>

>bullshit filled with propaganda
Found the Ben Shekelino ''libertarian'' fangoy

Oh fucking hell. Yeah it’s awesome watching blatant messages about the environment and how much men suck and women are great. Fuck off. Miyazaki is a faggot. That’s not even he worst part about his movies either. They’re all so fucking boring. I watched literally all of his movies trying to find one good one and I couldn’t. Howl’s Moving Castle is his best one and it’s at best passable.

why come that guy was able to shoot another guy's arm off with a bow and arrow?

more like studio gibs me (dat)

Mononoke has a shit ton of interesting things happening who are properly signaled by the story and are thematic payoffs though? What are you even talking about my man?

>mfw watched howls moving castle and thought it was a movie that was based off an anime series that I never saw because the world building was so shit I thought it had been done somewhere else.

Serously, stop. You are embarassing yourself.

Attached: please stop.png (446x357, 168K)

It's not even a top 5 Miyazaki film but sure

Mononoke might’ve been, behind Totoro and Nausicaa, the worst one. It was fucking torture to sit through. I have no idea why people praise that piece of shit.

Careful with that edge

The official power ranking

Attached: 1554081374991.png (202x188, 4K)

>Ruining the environment is good!!!

Fuck off, I work in ecology and you people are destroying the river I work in.

That’s how all of his movies feel.

>tv doesn’t like princess mononoke
being a contrarian is cool and all but don’t go full retard

I had no idea having a preference in a director's filmography was "edgy". Could you explain further?

Imagine thinking this when shit like tales of earthsea exists. Mononoke is based ashitaka is the most chad anime protagonist ever.

Dios mio
No wonder capeshit are taking over

What?

>men suck and women are great
Imagine being so gay you see movies made decades ago through alt right tinted glasses

>shitting on anime and Miyazaki on Yea Forums
>”you’re embarrassing yourself”
kek
I’m not a fucking degenerate who litters. I just don’t need to force fed some dumb message. Also if the Earth were to be completely depopulated tomorrow, nature would take over everything mankind has ever built or done. The planet is fucking fine.

Ah yes politics started in 2011, before that everyone was on the same page and everything that happened was just progress.

I work in ecology too

Remember user, don't forget to
>recycle
>go vegan
>get rid of your car and bike everywhere
>and don't have any kids

this way we can let in lots more refugees

I started watching all of his films when I turned 14 and didn’t have any sort of solid political view. I still saw that shit. Go eat more soi you pillow fucker.

more like studio

Attached: C33651AD-DA24-4DEB-8E43-DA1B26E46C1C.png (200x158, 12K)

That's a verifiable fact. One or the best animated movies of all time.

You have to remember Yea Forums is one of the most normie boards on the site as television itself has one of the lowest bars to entry. Who the fuck hasn't watched tv in their life at least once?
Being one of the defacto normie boards Yea Forums is going to have a lot of the same views and ideas that are common in the mainstream, ie anime bad, capeshit good, 'I love company x', latest big blockbuster or tv, zero comprehension of cinematography or story telling, etc etc.
There's a reason why it's so fucking rare to see actual discussion about things like film making on a board about it, and why instead, shitty twitch or headline screen caps so prevalent.

Unironically, Yea Forums at its worst will always be a better than Yea Forums at its best.

Attached: 1517435231401.png (500x775, 209K)

>how much men suck and women are great
Which of their movies does this?

Porco Rosso is the first one to come to mind. The “men are pigs” allegory wasn’t lost on me.

Haha no

Attached: AB024331-8F8D-4C4E-89FC-418FEE441078.jpg (800x481, 95K)

Objectively correct ranking of the best Ghibli kinos:
Spirited Away
My Neighbor Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Only Yesterday
Kiki's Delivery Service
Ponyo
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbors the Yamadas

Actually scratch that. Forgot about Kiki’s Delivery Service which I actually thoroughly enjoyed. Still can’t stand his other shit.

>laputa
Jajajajajajajaja

Thats because Japs take animation seriously. Its not just for kids or family.

Anime is free to tell whatever story the creators want. Mainstream normalfags don't care though.