Film called 1917

>film called 1917
>it has grass on it
what the fuck is this shit?
Did these worthless niggers even fact check for their stupid movie? Western Front looked nothing like that.
It's like if you make a movie about Vietnam and it happens in some shithole in Alaska

Attached: z66warhqwkjz5xfxoxp2.jpg (685x385, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0gNwGnLge4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is what a WW1 battlefield looked like
It pretty much screams
>we want Dunkirk audience
except the dumb fucks in charge lacked any kind of passion for historical accuracy that Nolan had

Attached: 1bb7f2605a1fc1912e2941bfd948b2c1.jpg (1405x1080, 357K)

there must have been grass at some point though right? or it's a much newer expansion of an old trench into territory that wasn't yet bombed out? i mean dropkick murphys even have that song "green fields of france" about ww1 so there must have been green stuff at some point along the way even by 1917 - i feel like this is such a nitpick thing that could easily be explained away by watching the movie when it releases.

Imagine being this upset about about grass

Attached: 1563741966874.jpg (250x238, 8K)

Both the central powers and allies shelled bases that were a little further back from no mans land when they had the range. There were bases and airfields all over the place.

Not on the Western Front there wasn't, especially not on British held trenches at Flanders
That shit was a wasteland

Attached: 1024px-Red_Zone_Map-fr.svg.png (1024x687, 203K)

i mean there were grassy sections of the line, but they were the mostly dormant sections where the stalemate was taken for granted.

the shallow, chalky trenches show in this shot would've been hastily made and sign of some kind of recent advance or movement. unless it was the beginning of the war, any section that active would've been blown to shit by shells.

but user there was grass in the ww1 peter jackson film where he recolored stuff - i'm even googling pictures of ww1 and there's some with trenches and grass a short distance away

Attached: ww1 - shall not grow old.jpg (768x432, 61K)

Fool that was shot in New Zealand

If you actually looked at the image, you’ll notice that it’s a group of NCOs and officers dining in a town, not a battlefield on the frontlines

>Because the photo is black and white means there was NO COLOR, NO GRASS, NOTHING!
Cry some more.

It's obviously someplace way behind front lines

There was certainly grass behind the main trench line. And sometimes artillery managed to reach it. See Fuck with your autism.

then what about these guys and the green stuff just beyond them? they look kinda battered?

Attached: 1917_2845043b.jpg (620x387, 101K)

There was even signs of plant life on the front lines as well.

imagine the smell

It's like... Replacing canonically white characters with black actors

The entirety of WW1 wasn't just slop and mud you turboautists.
Not every front line was Verdun

Attached: grass.jpg (1300x1014, 274K)

that's a million miles from the lush green lawn coated in daisys that's in OP's pic.

Maybe it's the literal first bombing on that front line?

is that grass just over yonder?

Attached: Leaving-the-trenches.jpg (720x342, 83K)

There's an exhibit at the Imperial War Museum of London meant to simulate walking through a trench on the frontline at night. Its not perfect, there's no live rats, rotting bodies, or mud, but one thing they do have is the smell.

Holy fuck when you walk through it are you are hit with the smell. They pipe it in through the air vents. It smells of a combination of rotting meat and dogshit. And they don't fuck around with it either. It's constant and penetrating. The gunshots next to you don't even matter compared to the smell. Halfway through the exhibit I was gagging and covering my nose. They specifically don't let children under 14 inside it without parental guidance/permission.

I recommend it to anyone whose interested in the period. Great experience. Here's a video of it. Not sure if its there anymore, I went in 2012 and I think they said it wasn't permanent.

youtube.com/watch?v=f0gNwGnLge4

Not every square inch of the Western Front was upturned hellscapes

Here's a pic of one of the final battles of the war

Attached: 60pounderinaction_Amiens1918.jpg (890x587, 160K)

Cool user! Will have to check that out at some point.

Then how did the poppies grow?

Based and redpilled. WWI never happened.

A ton of invasive plants probably took over those muddy battlefields.

delete this