Onions or Chad?

Onions or Chad?

Attached: 51cdAU7M0AL._SY445_[1].jpg (312x445, 35K)

It's a fucking movie.

>anti-meat propaganda
Onion

As I've gotten older, this has become one of my top 10 favorite movies, and one of the greatest horror movies ever made, and extremely influential. Over the years, as I've seen that almost all horror movies are terrible, this stands out even more.

There are very few comparable horror films, like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, The Shining, The Evil Dead (Raimi), Psycho, and personally I consider Eraserhead to be horror.

One of the best horror films ever made

This.

And also, this:

Attached: Jason-Edmiston-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-Poster-Variant_grande.jpg (366x548, 59K)

Garbage movie. Literally what the definition of "atmospheric, bone-chilling slow burn" which fails at being scary. The kills feels anti-climactic and the last 30 mins is nothing but yelling at a table.
>b-but thats a terrifying situation
Great. Every horror movie is a terrifying situation.

BASED CRINGE CRINGE ONIONS

>Remastered
True chads watch it on vhs recordings from tv in 1977

It's a terrifying situation that's very well conveyed, retard. Killer birds are also terrifying but you don't see anyone praising Birdemic for that

>very well conveyed
Lmao no. If you honestly have a hard time watching this because its scary then you are a pussy. And if you don't, then its not scary.

>coworker told me he likes slasher films because he likes seeing Jason chop up bullies like the ones who picked on him in high school
Slashers are just wish fulfillment power fantasies for autists and retards desu

>Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Excellent taste. Terrifying film also really informative if I ever decide to be a killer

Chad

Here this pic from the actual film.

I like slasher for the lore

Fuck you, onions are always used when cooking meat

It's funny how it was only retarded vegans and vegetarians that came up with this theory just because a few got turned off by eating meat after seeing this movie.

>Favorite TCM? For me its the 2003 remake.

Attached: D754011014674524A5A0803A7A92EE2A.jpg (960x680, 45K)

Wow, I'm fairly certain this is trolling, in which case, 3/10, I responded, but in case it's not, allow me to point out all of the reasons you're retardes.

First of all, in no way, shape or form is this movie "atmospheric, " or a "slow burn." In fact, it's pretty much the opposite of that. In fact, the movie is incredibly unique in its ability to deliver a scene in which there is horror and violence, but at the same time, it succeeds in building more tension instead of resolving it. A prime example of this is in one of the first scenes of the film, when they pick up the brother hitchhiking. That scene is scary, violent, and yet it builds MORE tension, it doesn't resolve it, which is typically what scenes of violence do in movies. It also does a fantastic job of setting the tone for the rest of the film.

You see this same thing again when Leatherface hits his first victim, the boy with glasses in the head with a hammer. This succeeds in building more tension, because by the time his GF enters the house looking for him, it has you on the edge of your seat. Now, admittedly, when he captures her, that does seem to release some of the tension, but it is almost immediately built again when you consider the scene of Leatherface setting there clearly confused and panickinh, not knowing what he should do and wondering where these teenagers are coming from, and likely wondering if there's going to be more of them, if they're going to call the cops, how many of them are there, are there going to be several men who come looking for their friends, etc. And this scene is helped greatly by the fact that he doesn't speak, so we don't know exactly WHAT he's thinking all we can see is the stress on his face, and from there, we can speculate on what he's feeling. This also adds depth and dimension to his character and the movie as a whole, because it shows him not as an evil, psychopathic killer, but as a real human being with feelings, and thus it plays to

This and Black Christmas are my favorite slashers.

Attached: blackc.jpg (200x286, 92K)

>And this scene is helped greatly by the fact that he doesn't speak, so we don't know exactly WHAT he's thinking all we can see is the stress on his face, and from there, we can speculate on what he's feeling.
>This also adds depth and dimension to his character and the movie as a whole, because it shows him not as an evil, psychopathic killer, but as a real human being with feelings
t. Basedboy Pussy

Attached: uRDUM70.gif (413x243, 51K)

Ambiguity, which actually makes it far more frightening because it feels far more authentic.

And then you have the series of scenes where the father captures the girl. Again, this begins with the murder of her invalid brother and her escape, which at first seems to resolve at least some if not all of the tension, but even as she looks around the shop for help, you can feel the tension grow again, as the emptiness and absence of any other characters leaves you wondering if shes going to escape or acrually find help. When she does run into the father, again it seems to resolve some tension, until you quickly realize that he is in on it. The truck ride home is one of the greatest scenes, not just from a horror film, ever put to celluloid. It is the best depiction of a torturer and his victim that I have ever scene, and again feels disturbingly real.

This scene is followed by him arriving home and reprimanding the brother/hitchhiker, and beating him. When the brother argues his case and the father realizes he was wrong in his initial accusation, you can see his mind look for any excuse to beat him, at which point he screams, "Look what your brother did to the door!" This is at once very funny, as it is unexpected and happening to one of the antogonists, but as the laughter cools, it is immediately disturbing again, as we think back to the stressed out, whimpering Leatherface from earlier, and we realize that these two brothers were raised by a psychopath who is still extremely abusive to them as adults, and STILL has absolute mental control over them. And we're left not sure what to feel. Can we sympathize with them? Are they merely victims as well?

But this is all pretty quickly wiped away when we turn our attention back to the girl and get inside the house, where we are introduced to the entire family, especially grandpa, whom at first appears to just be a corpse. But it is here that we see the two brothers really enjoy all of this, and despite the fear they have of their father, the equally love being in his position of power and dominance with their victims, especially the hitchhiker, as somehow, Leatherface manages to remain almost sympathetic in his child-like demeanor. It's only in the last shot does Leatherface really appear to be a true predator, dancing in the sunlight with his chainsaw, which is one of the greatest ending shits ever.

the film is nothing like you describe. And the "slow burn" meme as a criticism is retarded, as going back to Hitchcock, he explains the importance of building tension, especially in horror/thrillers. Reservoir Dogs is a great example of a movie which just steadily builds tension. And like TTCM, it does such a great job at this, that it is considered by the majority of people to be a graphic and violent film, when it has little on screen violence in it. The same way TTCM has almost no blood or gore in it, yet is remembered as an extremely gory and violent film.

>The virgin Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>The Chad Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Yeah I appreciate that this film is a slow burn and is atmospheric af. Seriously this film is bone chilling. I stopped eating meat after I watched it.