Is Tom Holland capable of delivering some Black Spiderman kino? Will he ever get a serious moment like this?

Is Tom Holland capable of delivering some Black Spiderman kino? Will he ever get a serious moment like this?
I mean he was serious in that hallway against Mysterio but I want more

Attached: FB_IMG_15652840737292913.jpg (960x956, 565K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicmix.com/2010/08/01/tea-party-comics-at-last/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh man that's so dark!

Attached: 1516414676624.png (205x246, 6K)

How can comic book writing be so fucking bad?

Attached: 1565217129849s.jpg (110x125, 3K)

It's almost like comics are written for retards who can't read a book

that was really lame

Manga is shit too, but at least the edgy shit like Berserk mixes in comedy and doesn't take itself TO seriously.

But I picked the one page without awkward dialogue. It's just a detailed threat of what he can do right there.
Aunt May getting shot and Spiderman breaking into prison and removing his costume because he doesn't care anymore is pretty mature I think.

Disney wouldn't allow it.

Attached: 20190502_-1659807074.jpg (470x457, 175K)

>Disney spiderman
YIKES

I think Holland can definitely pull it off. I think once Spidey becomes college age they allow him to mature and be a bit more serious, but hopefully not assholeish like Garfield's.

Because they're written by people who read only comic books.

If you think any remotely serious or dark themes will be explored in Disney spiderman you are fucking mental

Not with the mouse

Yep

so deep dude

Attached: soyboy.jpg (660x371, 27K)

>that ugly ass art
>Kingpins chest is somehow made of rubber

Manga is superior to western comics in every way

>"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LIKE DARK AND VIOLENT THEMES!!!!!"

Attached: Soyjak 1.jpg (320x383, 59K)

Except that threat is really retarded and would not work like that. He would have to be actively trying to breath in the webs, and even then I'm fairly certain he would choke and his throat would naturally close as an automatic response and basically none of it would get in his lungs.

>Vulture's talk with Peter before homecoming
>Spider-Man being killed on screen by Thanos, begging for his life before he evaporates
>Spider-Man watching his mentor die, crying over his charred corpse
>Literally anything involving Mysterio, like the illusion sequence and Mysterio nearly blowing Spider-Man's brains out

But yep, keep up the "HERP DERP MUH DIBNEY" shit without actually watching the movies.

Why is capeshit so cringe bros?

Attached: monkey.jpg (1200x900, 220K)

>take three panels of one issue of one American mainstream comic in the mid 2000s to extrapolate against the sequential art of multiple continents and decades
Ah yes, brilliant

the opening to fucking bambi is darker than this shit, fuck off with your preschool-tier darknedgy for developmentally retarded """adults"""

News to Neil Gaiman

damn comics are so shit. you're a fag if you read any comic at all past the age of 15.

>pulling the flesh like a shirt
man i never took a close look at that before.

>Will he ever get a serious moment like this?
No. The MCU is void of seriousness. It cannot have serious moments.

It's not edgy but they are serious scenes with well crafted tension.
You're trying really hard to work yourself up.

All of what you listed was characters dying or being threatened with death, nothing new not even for Disney, what user was referring to was that Disney would never allow their characters to threaten someones life like in OP. Least of all Spider-Man. Peter is a neutered version of himself in the mcu and his lack of supporting cast would mean the symbiote story could never be done justice in the mcu

> dime a dozen tension found in literally ever movie
> dude that's so dark the movie has a villain who wants to do bad things

Watch more movies

It can. Pre Avengers mcu has lots of “serious” moments. But the general audience pays to simply be entertained and emotional/serious moments dont enetertain them as well as cheap comedy and quips

This

Impossible. He's way too much of a numale.

Comic book writing has always been shit. Even in acclaimed or indie titles.

>posting comic book pages
CRINGE

Where's his web shooters?

>Yea Forums actually thinks this is good
lmao

Glad I stopped reading comics in 1995

>all that talk about nonsense
does he at least tear the skin off him where he's pulling it.
superheroes threatening villains and then just letting them go is so gay, only punisher has enough sense to just kill them all

During the JMS run called "The Other" there was a plot where Spider-Man was like recocooned or something and got organic web shooters to be just like the movies

Peter was planning on coming back and killing him if Aunt May died in the hospital, but some other shit happened where he couldn’t.

>pulling his skin like it was clothes
The absolute state of western comics.

this

Is there a single good comic book?

Essex County by Jeff Lemire

Daredevil "born again" and "last rights"
Also Sandman is pretty awesome

lol r u 14?

This is starting to get really cringe.

Attached: NO.jpg (720x644, 42K)

>Manga is superior to western comics in every way

At least western artists typically know which way hands bend.

Last Rites isn't close to Born Again IMO. I'd put DD: Yellow above it. I also feel like most of the Bendis/Brubaker stuff is better but that's hard to pick just one arc

You're 100% right. I only mentioned it because it's the conclusion to born again. It's annoying to me to read only half a story.

Tom Holland yes, but marvel don't

Shut the fuck up weeb, you're lower on the social ladder than comic nerds.

kill yourself nigger

Attached: EB95C582-1D72-4FB5-88E5-E7F0EC620B7F.jpg (500x465, 28K)

Tom Holland looks fucking ridiculous as Spiderman he looks like a kid dressed up at their own birthday party

>alan moore
Yeah, yeah, but it's good.

Attached: 81FZLwoQTQL.jpg (1050x1500, 305K)

>it's the conclusion to born again
Eh, not really. It's not like Frank Miller wrote it. Born Again is its own story, unlike say The Empire Strikes Back. The fact that another writer picked up the themes later is just the nature of an ongoing comic book. Everything builds off the story before. You might as well say that Kevin Smith's Daredevil arc "Guardian Devil" was a sequel to Born Again, or a spin-off

what makes you think that? Is it his height?

A better question is, will we ever see Holland and Tom Hardy working together?

Attached: 1565169869847.jpg (1988x3056, 2.92M)

God I hope not. The symbiote sucks without history with peter

Are you saying that it didn't conclude the storyline Just because somebody else wrote it?

I want more too OP, I always wished Marvel would edge darker. Holland is very capable, I just they would use him to his full potential.

Oh fuck off, it was surprising they showed Mysterio trying to shoot him in the head, don’t be a sheep just repeating Disneeee baaaaad like a moron.

This.

>villain tries to shoot hero
Ok, either you are retarded or I am because I dont get why you think someone attempting to shoot someone else is groundbreaking or even the slightest bit surprising especially in a superhero movie

You’re right, you’re just surrounded by weebshits and edgelords who will always be contrary arseholes for the sake of it.

>Disney isn’t like Scorsese therefore it’s shit
Listen to yourself

First of all MCU Peter is only 16, second it’s Sony and Marvel who stipulated he wasn’t allowed to kill anyone.

He’s more Chad than simpering Maguire “O...oh...M...M...MJaaaay, I didn’t mean it like that....”

>American Gods
That shit is worse than most comic books though.

Didn't he kill Black Maw?

You tellin' me Spiderman was gonna bukkake that man's lungs?

Fuck off weeb
Stan Lee literally disagreed with you, and Holland is playing a teen in any case, he’s fucking perfect.

Venom or Deadpool, and I want R rated.

>Western comics

Attached: 0125-006.jpg (1114x1600, 589K)

It’s surprising in a PG13 superhero film where weapons are usually of the unrealistic fantasy kind and not an everyday gun held to a teenage boy’s fucking head. Especially when guns are a serious political issue now. You’re the retard, too fucking pumped up on your own opinion and stupid to see subtlety.

>Cringeland Saga
Yikes

It was in the Sony leaks he’s not allowed to kill anyone so I don’t get why Disney are taking flak based on angsty speculation

>MCU Peter is only 16
So? Raimi Peter was only 2 years older so thats a bullshit excuse for him not having any balls or common sense and behaving like a bumbling retard all the time. I wasn just talking about Peter killing people, I mean that MCU peter would probably never be able threaten anyone because he is too much of a pussy and the symbiote storyline cant work because he doesnt have a decent cast to play off and his techno suit wouldnt allow for it

I kinda agree but raimi peter was an incel who could pull off doing something like that whereas MCU Peter is more of a numale who wouldnt hurt anyone. I think him punching mysterio is one of his only times punching a human

>Stan Lee disagreed
I agree Tom looks alright as Peter but I dont care what stan lee said about the MCU as if he could ever be allowed to have any other opinion than “its perfect”

He went way beyond saying “it’s OK,” he was all over Holland, he loved the kid, they met a few times as well.

What film have you been watching? Peter has huge balls, he demonstrates this in every film, even his little cameos such as in Civil War.

Guns are only a political issue if its in the hands of a civilian but again this shouldn be surprising as kid protagonists in pg13 movies get weapons drawn on them often. The only time it would be surprising is if they actually get shot

comicmix.com/2010/08/01/tea-party-comics-at-last/

Attached: teaparty.jpg (1082x801, 226K)