Lost for the first time

What I am in for?

Attached: MV5BNzhlY2E5NDUtYjJjYy00ODg3LWFkZWQtYTVmMzU4ZWZmOWJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg (1000x1545, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZSvlaiKIE0
youtube.com/watch?v=SPJXLhtgrrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

starts very good, but some of the mistery build ups don't pay off good, and all the mistery stuff is getting way too much over time, especially towards the end. it's so much that some don't get solved or explained at all, it's crazy.

oh, and then there are the occasional, horrible filler self contained episodes. those are hard to forget, but I think it's just two or three so that's ok

Fun.

Attached: MU8ekSU.jpg (1260x710, 104K)

You will wish the story would just hurry up and stop getting distracted by peanut butter B plots. If you're not retarded you will quickly realise the writers have no idea where they're going with the story, and have no intentions on explaining anything. I dropped it mid way through season 2.

disappointment

I literally finished it for the first yesterday morning. I liked it ok, got a little ridiculous. I didnt like the way episodes skip through time, broke up the island fun too much.

>Wow, these are some interesting mysteries, I wonder what the resolution will be
>6 seasons later
>I_was_tricked.jpg

You'll be less annoyed by the ending since you didnt have it dripfed to you over a decade.
It's format isn't suited to be binge watched either though.

LOST is best seen one episode per week instead of binging.

The start and the middle of the series are the best parts, the last two seasons you just watch because you're invested.

The best show of all time

Drop it now.
Theres no cheese at the end of that tunnel.

Durn

This. The best parts was talking with other anons about the mysteries and trying to figure them out.

Literally a complete waste of time.
Mystery boxes that don’t go anywhere, half of the show is them walking from one end of the island to the next, it was all a dream xd ending.
You have been warned.

the first seasons are still good enough to invest the time and watch it. and then just watch the meh rest to at least get some stuff resolved.

It's a good show, even though the scripts really kinda got fucked up over time

>watching it for the mysteries and not for the characters
not gonna lie bro..... kinda cringe

I rewatched recently and had forgotten a lot, so many of the mysteries and plot points felt new. The last two season aren't so bad when binge watched because you're not left hanging for weeks.

So i take it you read books for the pages and not for what is written on them?

Which mysteries were not resolved or did you think weren't satisfied?

LOST is a character study.

It's about people and their relationships to family, to one another, and to themselves.

The mysteries and island conditions don't change the scope or endgame of the show so much as they reveal our characters further for their adaptability and the choices they make.

The mysteries are fully explained and only brainlets claim otherwise. Also the show is not "They were dead the whole time!" as full-blownsie retards claim.

It's an amazing show but nearly all cheers and jeers are from when the it was a cultural touchstone and no one knew what was happening. Cheers people rode the wave and jeers people got hung out hard on their expectations.

Judge for yourself, OP. The entire series is worthwhile.

>there are people on Yea Forums who haven't watched L O S T
Jesus Christ this board was literally created because of the show. It should be required viewing before even posting here.

Read books for the characters to dumbass.

pure mediocrity

Only one I remember is the huge statue, I watched Lost when it was first aired in the mid 2000s and haven't seen it since. But there were more than that, I just don't remember which exactly

Not a great show to binge watch. Ultimately you're watching for the characters as the plot is all over the place. There's so many sub plots that really don't go anywhere and the core mystery begins to unravel as you can tell the writers had no clue what they were doing.

best series of all time,even with it's imperfections

Attached: 1532409346504.jpg (641x1416, 286K)

Attached: 1532408948440.jpg (602x2058, 139K)

man, i totally forgot about the deep lore about those gods. lost really got fucking bloated and crazy after some time.

Attached: 1532408542343.jpg (500x2450, 707K)

Good post.
>The mysteries are fully explained and only brainlets claim otherwise. Also the show is not "They were dead the whole time!" as full-blownsie retards claim.
Everyone that I've met that doesn't like this show always misunderstood the ending.

lol this shit again
>what, a magic island doing magicky magic wasn't good enough for ya?!?! go watch SEE ESS EYE!!!!
show lost (lol) over half its viewership by the end, cope harder darlton

Attached: carlton.jpg (413x354, 42K)

>dude the whispers are just dead people lmao

Attached: 1532408142783.jpg (427x720, 51K)

>dude you can just introduce mysteries over the course of 6 years without providing a satisfying pay-off lmao

Attached: 1532407768704.jpg (600x1392, 109K)

>only brainlets
can be deluded enough to think 23m people tuned in to the S2 premiere to find out what happened with shannon and sayid

>it was really about the characters!

Attached: 6AA4CD17-79CD-4018-90B9-D8E97F16A1AC.jpg (644x800, 35K)

>writers guild strike
RIP Battlestar galactica.

Attached: 1532407595955.jpg (640x3949, 670K)

a shit show
abrams is a hack

Attached: 1532411016297.jpg (932x2618, 168K)

>Everyone that I've met that doesn't like this show always misunderstood the ending.
by "ending", are you talking about a preposterously cartoonish, over-the-top emotional payoff to a single-season plotline that absolutely, positively not one single person gave a fuck about?

So what did you give a shit about? What unanswered question so tormented you?

People weren't so afraid of being cringe back in the days, still makes me laugh

Attached: 1532411535593.jpg (765x1685, 701K)

One of the few series that you CAN'T binge watch.

I repeat DO NOT binge watch this series. It's meant in small doses, specially the first two seasons.

Also continue after season three at your own risk. Don't say you weren't warned

>preposterously cartoonish, over-the-top emotional payoff to a single-season plotline that absolutely, positively not one single person gave a fuck about?
So you just didn't understand it

completely lost interest (as most people did) when it became clear it was WWE tier make-it-up-as-we-go (directly contradicting repeated reassurances from showrunners that they 'had a plan')

Attached: downnn.jpg (1108x483, 139K)

>just turn your brain off, bro

Alright, let me ask again. Read slowly so you can understand, don't skim. What. Unanswered. Question. Did. You. Give. A. Shit. About.
And remember I said 'unanswered'

>as most people did
the numbers (heh) speak otherwise user

Rose = Desmond confirmed

Yup.
This post was written by a woman, alright.

>And remember I said 'unanswered'
going off the answers that were provided, i'm actually glad they just glossed over it with a tailor-made finale folks like you

>Which mysteries were not resolved
The polar bear
The time travel/skipping nonsense
There were a lot of dead ends between season 1 and season 3.

>The polar bear
Weren't Dharma or the Others keeping some on the island for some reason? I thought I remember a line about that.
>Time travelling/skipping nonsense
What didn't make sense about this?

How did Locke's dad get on the island?
What did Widmore do to get kicked off the island?

youtube.com/watch?v=uZSvlaiKIE0

It's the best show ever made and anyone who disagrees has bad taste. "Hurr not enough payoff", every single moment of every episode was pay off. It's beautiful.

>What didn't make sense about this?
"what didn't make sense about nuking yourself back in time"

Attached: 1539222986676.png (465x312, 55K)

>for some reason
oh I guess that explains it

Attached: retardedface.jpg (320x220, 8K)

Based

>It's the best show ever made and anyone who disagrees has bad taste. "Hurr not enough payoff", every single moment of every episode was pay off. It's beautiful.

Attached: 1526837650783.png (827x953, 279K)

Not the guy you replied to but my thoughts:
1. Locke's dad was 'brought' to the island, likely by the Man In Black, to fuck with Locke further, to end up with his body as a host. If you need to know the exact specifics like "Hurrr which lackey did he send? Where physically was he found?" then you are asking dumb, unimportant questions.
2. Widmore left because Ben exiled him. Because Ben wanted to be the leader, and he took over. The excuse he used was that Widmore was going to and from the island and had a daughter with an outsider. Easy to understand, really. For a simple child, even.

They were a science group. The island was full of intriguing properties.
It's not fucking rocket science. It's DHARMA science. How dumb can one be to not grasp such a simple, elementary concept?
What did you want? OH THE POLAR BEAR WAS REALLY THE FINAL VILLAIN AND WE NEED TO LOCK IT IN THE HATCH!

The polar bear served a purpose by making us feel very intrigued and confused about what this island exactly is, and it did its job, and it IS weird that a polar bear is in a tropical island, and it is only there because the island is so fucked up that scientists wanted to test EVERYTHING there

Get it now?

Polar bears were used as a thematic element through most of the series. They were on the island because Dharma was running goofy tests on them and to study the effects of electromagnetism on them on the Island.

Hey that's my post. Except you can't even attempt to prove me wrong.

I feel sorry for people watching the show always "waiting" for something. The show satisfied each turn of the way. Like how did you watch so much of the show and still watch it incorrectly?

At first you'll think it's invisible dinosaurs but by the end you'll wish it was.

Spoken like a true braindead retard

>tfw people ask questions
>tfw they get answered
>tfw the people have nothing to say back

Every fucking time

Recently marathoned the whole thing while detoxing. It made things easier.
It's incredible how times changed, some of the stuff in the first 3 seasons would be labeled too problematic for todays standards.
Also, kek'd at Jacks body hair loss throughout the seasons

They raise a continuous stream of "mysteries" most of which they never even bother to anwser. Ot has some good feels and some loveable characters but a horrible story. Tried to watch again its unwatchable.

> likely by the Man In Black, to fuck with Locke further
Definitely incorrect. Ben reference's a "magic box" that can make anything appear on the island but then says it's a metaphor. Locke's dad was just kidnapped by an Other
>The excuse he used was that Widmore was going to and from the island and had a daughter with an outsider
That doesn't prevent Widmore from coming back, but Widmore and Ben both discuss that they've been banished from the Island and can't return. Not sure what preventing them from coming back if they're able to locate the Island tho

> Purgatory island where everyone has to save a light from a cloud is a good story.

Go to bed Lindelof.

Yes and dharma science doesn't need to make sense because you'll eat it up whatever it is.
You didn't give an explanation. Your feelings about mystery is not a valid explanation of why they had specifically a polar bear on the tropical island.
>"I guess they were testing with polar bears ??? okay?"
Is not an explanation.

Attached: stupidwriting.png (915x933, 257K)

>ratings drop by half
>ignored by latefags who binged it 10 years later and don't appreciate how frustrating it was to watch this shit week-to-week

Right, so it wasn't MIB bringing people but somebody, likely influenced by MIB or Jacob, IMO.
Anything can prevent Widmore coming back. The island has crazy properties. Maybe there is some other "wheel" that hides the island from people, maybe Jacob helped to hide the island.

Nothing about the show was purgatory and I don't converse with braindead drooling retards like you, only real people should be answered.

What about dharma science "doesnt make sense"...?
What about the polar bear do you fucking need to know? They were testing if things could survive in the island differently. It's a super simple concept.

he's unironically based, name another person who got fedora-tier atheists to vehemently defend an explicitly religious """"ending"""""

>Nothing about the show was purgatory
The flashbacks in season 6 can be explained as a sort of Purgatory. Doesn't really matter what you call it, but it makes sense to think of it that way. Maybe that's why people get confused about the ending and think they were dead all along or whatever

There is no anwser for why the cabin moves. Only fan theories.
There is no anwser for why hurleys numbers are special.
There are several characters that show up and start development and disapear forever. Like annie. What happened to annie?

>Nothing about the show was purgatory
1:37 you fucking chump, you people are so fanatical with this shit the actual showrunners could tell you point-blank they were pulling shit out of their ass and you'd still deny it

youtube.com/watch?v=SPJXLhtgrrg

Why does Walt have powers? This was never anwsered.

What about the ending was "religious"? Be careful, you are exposing your idiocy.

Yea you can call it a purgatory or you can call it symbolic story but only an idiot would think the island was purgatory - I feel sorry for those fuckers.

Annie died, user. Why do you think Ben turned out how he did?

What does that prove? He even said Jack was speaking metaphorically about being in purgatory. The dude never says "this is purgatory" and explicitly says it's "not purgatory", he just talks about it as a theme. Holy fuck you have problems, don't you? He talks about a 'version' of an afterlife, that is a few scenes in season 6...not the whole show. Holy fuck.

>Dead characters all appear in a church where the doors open and a bright white light absorbs them
>umm sweaty what's religious about that

Attached: 1483094350957.jpg (500x375, 39K)

>bens best friend for an entire episode
>doesnt try to save her
>is literally never mentioned again
Garbage writing

a kid growing up wasn't accounted for by the showrunners so they just phased him out, as if we needed any more proof this shit was being made up week-to-week

>There is no anwser for why the cabin moves. Only fan theories.
Fair point but not sure why it matters to know why it moves. It's a cabin where immortal beings live.
>There is no anwser for why hurleys numbers are special.
The numbers show up through the whole show in most of the episodes, that's special enough. Also, the final candidates are all represented with those numbers.

...Thats all you got?
I don't understand, man. There are hundreds of religions. Churches belong to many dozens of them. There was no specific 'religion' being talked about. You think the creators were trying to say "Oh just be religious everyone! Here is a church, see? We love religion!"
No, it was just the setting chose for the symbolic "afterlife" part of the story to come to a close. It has nothing to do with "religion".

It was a flashback to when he was a young child. We already know he grew up to be a quasi-villain. You do the math.

Still a better ending than game of thrones.

But they continued the flashback in a whole other episode immeadiatly after

But hurleys actual numbers themselves supposedly meant something and this is not anwsered. It was a huge fucking mystery.

lindelof admitted that they begrudgingly "answered" it to pacify the fans, hence the completely half-assed, red-herring explanation

Attached: 1547853011360.png (480x480, 193K)

I dont eat fish

What do you expect, majority of this board were probably kids when Lost was airing, now they're fortnite zoomers who cling onto the latest capeshit movie, they have no notion of this board or how kino it was when lost aired.

>There was no specific 'religion' being talked about.
Christianity is a constant theme throughout the show. A lot of biblical names, Christian iconography, the battle of faith vs. religion, etc.
The entire show is extremely religious.

Not from when he was a kid, did they?

As you said, it's a theme, not a plot point. It's symbolism. Is Neon Genesis Evangelion, a Japanese show, supporting Christianity? No, its using iconography for atmosphere, just like LOST.

I think Lost was the last show I watched every week on TV until it was finished

Yeah i would bet a nut that there was more than one flashback episode

I thought Season 5 was one of the best seasons on my rewatch, really liked the Lafleur/Dharma storyline. Amazing finale too.

Season 6 was hit and miss. The submarine episode is one of the shows best though.

>Season 6 was hit and miss. The submarine episode is one of the shows best though.
Partially agree, even as a diehard fan of the show at the time I was never able to look past the CG.

I've had a few dreams loosely related to last in the past year
They were really fucking weird

Nah binge watch it. 3-4 episodes a day for a few weeks will be like taking crack.

The tension and drama during Lost trumps most TV shows that if watched without hate-goggles, people would realise just how kino and comfy Lost is/was.

On that I completely agree. It's just sad that it's rarely recognized as such.

3rd post best post.

I don't think a show like Lost has been made since or before, it's probably the show that has spawned the most fan theory discussions in history. Nothing really comes even close.

What made the show fantastic was the introduction of mysteries, not answering them. Personally I think the show would have been much better with less explained and left above ours and the characters understanding. Once we got answers for stuff it immediately pacified the intrigue.

An example would be the fantastic moment when Sawyer chases the boar into the woods. It’s a comedic scene and out of nowhere the tone changes as he goes to walk out and he hears the whispers. Who cares what it is really, the show is not about answers.

There's no pay off. All the mystery, all the build up is just that. It keeps adding more and more questions but it'll leave you hanging and you'll feel like used whore.

Based

Cringe

Seriously, can't understand being such a small brain like the cringe poster. Sucks to have such shit taste

This. Last time I watched it with my gf it’s all we could talk about, would skip nights out to just stay in and watch it.

Season 4 is also underrated, the only season I didn’t love was 6. Although I’m one of the few to Love the finale.

2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 6

How did a DHARMA polar bear get to the Tunisian desert? The one found by Charlotte.
The Tunisian desert was the exit point for someone who moved the island, so do we assume a bear moved the island?

>Hurr durr season 5-6 shit because muh mystery is gone

Attached: Very Dissapointed.jpg (483x464, 41K)

>there’s actually a perfectly good explanation to why a nuclear bomb can send people forward in time without vaporizing them

Attached: EB0EF09E-D49E-4C93-8A57-AED2BEC4EFB7.jpg (715x1000, 71K)

watch it with someone else OP, someone who hasnt seen it. half the fun of LOST is discussing it without knowing where it all goes.

still a great show though. crazy to think this came from network TV

4 has some big bangers for sure. I also really enjoy the second half of season 3, just too bad that the first half is such a slog.
NOT PENNYS BOAT

If we were to assume that is the only way things have gotten teleported off the island then yes

Whenever I get a new GF and she goes 'What show do you wanna watch?' the first one I always say is Lost, and every single time they've loved it and wouldn't shut up about it. Its just such an easy show to get into, it has flaws and the journey is better than the destination, but what a fucking journey.

Its one of those shows that when it finishes I just look at the black screen and think 'what a fucking ride', feel like a damn loved one has passed kek.

Good order.

Mine would be 4>5>3>2>1>6.

All Season is great
The whole series is great
I wish you believed me Yea Forums

Completely agree, although I wouldn’t say half. But the first 5 or so episodes of season 3 are some of the most dodgy of the show.

>the writers have no idea where they're going with the story
>I dropped it mid way through season 2
Every time.

God damn Through the Lookin Glass is one of the greatest episodes of TV. 85 minutes of pure blue meth.

Do we all agree that "The Constant" Is the best episode in the whole series

>it was all a dream xd ending.
Oh fuck off.

Aaah yeah that might be, been a long time since I saw it sadly.

It is. But its one of those shows the internet has turned on, and people who havent seen it, or havent since it aired a bloody decade ago, shit on it unfairly.

see you on the other side brotha

Some retards just aren't worth replying to senpai. Their attention span is so short they drop it in Season 2 after a few slow episodes? Fuck me.

Its top 5 for sure. But some of the finales are hard to beat.

Lost ruinef me for other shows kek. Every finale would go all out and save the best for last, no Lost finale was wasted, but so many showd today have weak/mediocre finales that just feel like regular episodes.

Is
>We have to go back
the greatest twist in TV history?

HBO popularized the penultimate episode being "big one". I like it because it allows some closure after all the action and it does work for some shows (The Leftovers) but it does rob a lot of the buildup for others.

>What I am in for?
100% KINO all the way through. The last episode will make you cry.

Attached: 1560004250654.jpg (250x250, 10K)

It's definitely up there. For me it's unironically Tricia Tanaka is Dead. Extremely little actually happens in terms of the ongoing plot, but it had everything I loved most about the show.

Attached: 325234623456.jpg (500x281, 27K)

believe it or not, some people have actually watched more than 3 series and have, over time, developed proper instincts to know when something is a jerk-off

it is. it was the climax of the greatest love story then on tv

PENNEH

UNHATEABLE TIER:
Rose, Bernard, Vincent

ELDER GOD TIER:
Locke, Hurley, Ben, Sawyer, Milles. Faraday, Desmond, Widmoore, Charlie, Richard. Mr Eko

GOOD TIER
Jin, Sun, Sayid, Jack, Boone, Juliet, "Monster" as Locke, Lapidus

OK TER
Ana Lucia. Libby, Michael, Rousseau, Claire

BAD TER
Shannon

KATE EPISODE TIER
Kate

Attached: Even this filename is right.jpg (555x644, 31K)

>Mr Eko not unhateable tier
>Desmond not unhatable tier

For me yes

This worked for GOT season 1 otherwise its a shit structure

How come no big shows returned to this format? I hate how we now have to update every character in every episode. Why not have one-character focused episodes where you can give some concrete development?

Im almost surpeised that hasnt been copied much but also I think everyone would say its trying to be like LOST

But this format is why I love the ASOIAF books so much

Because every episdoe has to be BIG AND EPIC because we spend MILLIONS PER EPISODE

The Leftovers sort of did this, makes sense since they're both Lindelof.

i love how i havent watched lost since it came out yet recognise every single one of those characters and remember almost everything about them
i just finished new season of walking dead and couldnt tell you half the characters names or pick em out of a lineup

I'm sick of shows today having single part finales. Lost had 2 parters are they always felt like mini movies.

Lost is known to have multiple episodes recorded at the same time. Character focusing enables this, but I guess there might be budget constraints and its easier to get a storyline flow recording episode by episode, while writing along.

dissapointment. its goat for a minute but you quickly realize its all just nonsense with no real plan.

>for a minute
more like 4 or 5 seasons

i dunno i tried to re-watch and barely made it through season 1. i know its ruined because i know what happens but still.

Yeah I remember trying to rewatch it a few years ago, didn't even finish the first episode. But I still have fond memories of when I first saw it

Juliet's death was the end of the series for me.

season 1 is indeed a slow burn and like 3 our 4 episodes too long, but its needed to show each characters' nature as well as the island as an entity

Season 2 had the best finale.

I remember really liking a lot of elements of S2 but hated the fact we had to wait weeks and weeks for a new episode so close to the finale.

It was all a dream lol

I'm not American so I never undestand the whole Red Socks thing

The Moth is definitely the best for me. The one where Charlie battles his addiction.

It's a prime example great storytelling.

>Thinks Google doesnt exist.

Are there any reasons why Sayid and Kate never "redeem" themselves by the end of the series? The side-flashes show that they're the only two that stayed bad.

Don't listen to people complaining, it's one of the best television rides of all time. Enjoy

Attached: 6746753542.gif (480x240, 2.73M)

You know, maybe unresolved mystery is not a bad thing at all. In fact I'd prefer island to stay more mysterious at the end of the show

Man in black did nothing wrong.

>You have been warned.
MORE!

That episode was the one that got me emotionally invested in LOST, still makes me cry.

Yeah, depends. I think the dharma people would have been a lot cooler if they would have stayed misteryous jungle people instead of boring jungle normies living in boring normie houses

>as most people did
You mean less than half?

There is only 1 unsolved mystery in LOST.

The truth is in the SE5 pre-script which is being kept to be sold at auction one day.

Its so easy to forget masterpiece episodes like this

Yeah, I remember Stephen King saying something about unresolved mystery being more exciting and having lasting effect as opposed to boring reveal.

a great 2 seasons and then a bunch of nonsense

Someone post the submarine

It's over when the Polar Bear arrives