Just finished this. Are there any other movies similar to this?

Just finished this. Are there any other movies similar to this?
As in a movie that follows a crew on a ship in space and then a series of events unfold and a crew member goes insane or something along those lines?
Before you start with recommendations, I've already seen 2001, 2010, Event Horizon, and Solaris.

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZjV3BTUnAY
youtube.com/watch?v=_lsOwtKNsAA
youtu.be/MYITD8TMvcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2001, 2010, Event Horizon, and Solaris

farscape

not really what you're asking about but you will probably like the Europa report

Fuck I saw that one too almost forgot that it existed.

thanks but I'm looking for movies

Pandorum, thank me later.

Thank you user! I'll check this one out

this was a comfy movie

Last days on Mars, but it's space zombies

europa report is worth a watch

Daily reminder that reigniting sun with a bomb is a stupid idea but they did it and people don't seem to have problem with it or with the size and scale of time and space involved

the computer should probably be programmed to warn people if they tried to turn the ship without adjusting the shield

Movie should have ended from the characters on the ships perspective for that very reason
Leave it ambiguous and even unlikely that it ever worked. They themselves admitted the idea was far fetched at best, yet their only hope.
I love the idea that they don’t “restart” the sun and humanity is doomed and the voyage of the crew, the decent into madness and pinbackers appearance serve as a metaphor for humanities soon to be final reckoning back on earth.
I’ve always had “Heart of Darkness” vibes from this movie, am I the only one who feels like it’s somewhat of an adaptation? You could almost compare it to Apocalypse Now in that regard

i mean, you've seen Alien too, right? and Moon i guess.

>reigniting the sun

Nah the science in this is pretty solid.

No it isn’t. Every nuclear bomb on earth would be nothing compared to the sun.

Possibly one of the worst films of the genre.
The melty mean man was fucking dumb, they made him to be some paranormal monster at first, then he gets sharted on in the end all stupid.
Best part was them launching across the void to the other ship without suits on.
I think you would survive.

There is a rule for this genre:
Kill them one by one. Each in a different way. The Captain first the MC last. The mission could be successful but everyone must die.

Yes of course

What is the appropriate name for this kind of genre?

Moon

I honestly don't know but they were always listed under thriller

Attached: 211EDD8A-2634-45C2-8EEA-42BBE6959FE5.jpg (333x214, 17K)

Boyle has said that Apocalypse now is his favourite movie

survival horror
search on imdb with survival/survivor tags in the sci-fi genre

>For seven years I spoke with God
>He said he will take us all to heaven

the bomb is explicitly not meant to be high yield but designed to neutralize some quantum bullshit particles that are inhibiting the sun's fusion

event horizon
pandorum
sphere

>would you survive under a minute in space
Yes.
>would you be able to jump from two relatively close ships or just depressurization to launch yourself
Almost certainly no.

the Aliens trilogy - every single one of them has something to do with a space ship and its crew. also the new ones are really great too.

youtube.com/watch?v=BZjV3BTUnAY
>In a not so far future, an engineer of the asteroid belt has his capsule set on an a declining orbit that will make him crash on the Sun after a catastrophic meteor rain that destroyed many facilities of the belt.
youtube.com/watch?v=_lsOwtKNsAA
>Chinese kino about using giant fusion engine to move the Earth out of its orbit to escape the Sun becoming a hotter. Some 2001 and interstellar tropes too.

>Are there any other movies similar to this?
Yes. Cloverfield Paradox is equally retarded.

Supernova and Screamers

>crew
>Moon

Attached: 1559755866281.webm (128x150, 29K)

What the fuck was their problem?
youtu.be/MYITD8TMvcM