Ok guys, what is the consensus on Twin Peaks S03?

Ok guys, what is the consensus on Twin Peaks S03?

I liked S1 and S2, except for... you know...
Got absolutely Lynched in the movie so i could'nt watch 40 minutes of it. Watched the first episode of S3, and it kinda broke my hype back then, shit myself in the end but can't say it was actually good.

Watching Lynch is always a fucking gamble, i can't commit to something so long without knowing: is it worth it or not? Does it reach the quality it had before the killer reveal?

Attached: Twin-Peaks-Revival-Red-Room.jpg (700x1000, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3nSqDMqCJQw
youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You sound like a fucking brainlet. It's just tv.

Sounds like you got L Y N C H E D

Not everyone is an unnemployed basement dweller, user
Normal people can't just spend all their time binge watching whatever they want.

The movie is the best entry in the series. Season 1 and 3 are great, and 2/5th of season 2 is outstanding

>Got absolutely Lynched in the movie so i could'nt watch 40 minutes of it
S3 is more in the vein of FWWM in terms of tone, and plot points of FWWM are essential for the S3 plot
>is it worth it or not?
In my opinion, absolutely. Its some of the most surreal stuff Lynch has ever done, it fleshes out the mythos of Twin Peaks, BOB and Laura ten-fold, and has a pretty banging soundtrack.
>Does it reach the quality it had before the killer reveal?
Depends on what you liked about the period before the killer reveal. The cute, comfy, campiness is pretty much gone as that was more of a sign of the times, but the acting, music, tone and surrealism is dialed up to 11.
Take all this is you will, but I loved FWWM and S3

jesus what a faggot

>getting this tirggered over a show

This is probably the best answer, it depends on what you liked about the series. It's pretty fun to call out nostalgiafags for being annoyed by the surrealism, but I understand wanting more answers to the questions.

Honestly, I don't remember Mr. C even being named, or what happened to Audrey.

I don't think Mr. C was named, thats why everyone called him badcoop at first and all that happened to Audrey was she screamed and it cut to her looking in a mirror in a white room... and thats it

If you didn't like FWWM you won't like Series 3. S3 is FWWM on ketamine. The comfiness that made the first two series so enjoyable is drained from the final series apart from wellsprings of sweetness here and there. The ending is fucking bleak, depressed me for days.

Its a very unique experience. everyone here suggesting FWWM is right, but i would also recommend watching the missing pieces since it has some vital info. just be prepared to get lynched in the end.

>Does it reach the quality it had before the killer reveal?
S3 is great, but it's different. FWWM is also great, but it seems like you didn't like that. S1 and S2 are soap operas (not in a bad way) and S3 doesn't return to that.

I like the surrealism
Ok i'll give FWWM another try, but only if you explain me what did he mean by this:
youtu.be/3nSqDMqCJQw

The Return is a totally different show using the same characters and setting.

>only if you explain me what did he mean by this
Literally explained in S3

S3 is pretty much the Judy season, and Jeffries comes back in the weirdest, most Twin Peaksy way possible.

Juuuuuust yoooouuuuu, aaaand IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

>reminding me that Judy was mentioned all the way back in 1992
this confirms that Lynch will make more Twin Peaks, right?

But i mean Lynch, what did he mean by having all those supernatural characters togheter in a room doing random stuff while Jeffrey's dialogue plays on the background?

Attached: 64E5E506-BCAB-4310-93D2-E482DA45CFC0.jpg (284x423, 21K)

>it's been 2 years since The Return
Holy fuck, what have I been doing with my life?! I need to get moving, I need to do /something/!

Attached: 1524399408901.jpg (500x508, 17K)

it's the greatest series of television ever made, and anyone who disagrees is a brainlet, a pseud, a basedcuck, or all three

there' nothing worth doing except waiting for WoW Classic

Nonononono there's plenty worth doing, there's plenty worth doing alright. Oh God, I've wasted two whole years...

Attached: 1510356744784.png (448x250, 122K)

As far as I know, its just Jeffries recalling a meeting that he witnessed between the spirits about garmonbozia, which is 'pain and suffering' which they feed off of. The convenience store is a meeting spot of some sorts I think. More context is brought to all of it in S3 but I cant quite remember it all.

>it's the greatest series of television ever made,
Prove it

Attached: 1563845223797.jpg (600x534, 265K)

watch every series of television ever made, then watch TPS3, and you will conclude that it is superior to all of them, and it you don't then refer to the other post

There's no concrete answers cause Lynch but those supernatural creatures are """"""explained""""" in S3

I do wish we got more of an explanation with Audrey. As much as I did enjoy watching season 3, it probably helped that I watched every episode with Yea Forums, it did feel like it could had touched upon a few more loose ends of the series. Its a bitter sweet feeling when it comes to how much screentime was given for certain scenes that did not amount to much.

Yup

>muh time investment
>muh loose ends
>muh plot!
Lynched

>I've been doing a lot of thinking lately
There's the problem, productive people don't think,

Do you eat?

>Waiting for the new ep every week
>/tpg/ vedder lunch shitposting kino

I want those days back.

Attached: goodnight.jpg (1097x725, 151K)

this single frame tops everything disney has put out in the past 5 years

I was so happy to see the deleted Judy scene mentioned in the show, I really feel like the shitposters helped bring it to life

That scene is actually totally literal. Jeffries says "I've been to one of their meetings" and it turns out it was a meeting between Bob, The Man from Another Place, and some other spirits in an apartment above a convenience store. Jeffries is talking over it just to give the viewer some context, I guess. There's an extended version of the meeting scene in The Missing Pieces that lets you glean a little more of what they're talking about.

What are all of the names of each of these guys?

Attached: imaeg.png (1125x630, 1.24M)

Literally the purest character on the show.

Attached: Bag.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

A and C = MIKE
B = The Man From Another Place or The Arm

S1>S3>S2

Which is ironic, because all the pop culture references are always aspects of S2.

That being said, the best scene in the entire series is youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ&t=1s

Attached: 1564147953154.png (670x578, 345K)

>The ending is bleak

What? It implies that all the terrible shit that happened can now be stopped from ever happening.

If you didn't like Fire Walk With Me you'll hate the show since it's basically the movie but on crack cocaine. If you want something more akin to Season 1 & 2 you'll be disappointed. .

I know...

Attached: 1529652267800.jpg (1012x679, 132K)

No, everything Cooper did failed and now he is trapped in a timeline that he is unfamiliar with.

He got into Laura's dream that she had before she died and set in motion the possibility that she can now avoid being murdered.

Season 3 is unironically my favourite Season, even though it didn't really feel like Twin Peaks. It felt more like a straight up horror drama with bits of Mulholland Drive thrown in.

Jade gave TWO rides!

Attached: jade give two rides.png (1280x720, 1.43M)

A and C are Philip Gerard
B is MIKE/The Arm/The Man from Another Place

I think it was trying to represent that although we live in the same world as great shifts happen over time things become almost unrecognizable. S1-2 are like adolescence, a mix of good and bad, and S3 is maturity in a very dark way so S4 might be them trying to fix the horror it becomes.

S4?

If we believe in it we'll summon it into being.

Does 708 = Judy? It's the number of Sarah Palmer's House, and when Phillip Jeffries is showing the smoke to Dale Cooper, the smoke forms a 7, then an 0, then an 8

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO

ONE ONE NINE

Attached: 8669667F-4934-4F12-9DBD-1BB86BCABB82.jpg (702x861, 144K)

Could not agree more