NBA is dying

NBA is dying.
No one cares that players are getting better.
No one cares about Luka Doncic, Nikola Jokić, Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Trae Young and whoever is good nowadays.

Attached: 1551122002806.png (483x470, 183.71K)

We do be caring about Dirk Nowitzki though. He is the goat and thats a fact periodT .

They do though. NBA games are still the highest rated shows on TV every week after NFL is done.

It's because they are running out of marketable faces after LeBron leaves

All sports are going to get less popular.

There will be no future Messi or Ronaldo. No future Lebron. No future Tiger Woods. No future Conor McGregor. No future Tom Brady. No future Derek Jeter. No future Floyd Mayweather etc etc.

I think sports got a minor bump in the social media age, but soon they too will succumb to a reduced media presence and fade slightly from the public's attention.

A lot of sports have historically relied on media centralisation. As that disappears, sports are unlikely to have the same impact they have had historically.

Absolutely true

you can market anyone to zoomers because they don't have taste

the ball brothers will be the next big things

Attached: 1647634294453.jpg (3317x2674, 2.06M)

>he doesn't know about baseball in the future
you're outa there

Attached: 3.jpg (475x357, 31.76K)

I like Giannis and Trae, the latter who should get out of ATL and join a winning team
Da Donc is kinda an unknown factor right now but mite b cool
Embiid is fine
Jokic sucks man he's like if San Antonio were a player

For me it's Jaylen Brown, the better of the Celtics Jays, I hope he wins a chip at some point

also people cant afford to go to games anymore and if you cant even afford to go to games then chances are you are not going to want to watch a bunch of overpaid millionaires chasing a ball around on telly either

Its the sport most popular with zoomers here, so I'd say its in about as good a shape as you can hope for. Its just that there's way more forms of entertainment than in the past so sports as a whole are dying

I go to a ton of hockey games now that I have a low-middle class salary. Not because it's cheap but because everything else I can do with an "entertainment budget" (bars, movies, new video games) fuckin sucks lol

>NBA is dying
wrong
>No one cares that players are getting better.
wrong
>No one cares about Luka Doncic, Nikola Jokić, Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Trae Young and whoever is good nowadays.
couldn't be more wrong

see you guys next thread

ice hockey would be one of the few live sports worth going to

No one watches tv

Good.

and that is a good thing!

baseball will rule all, fuck the NBA

Attached: 1635971444990.jpg (1125x744, 107.87K)

It's not worth the prices they charge in my area (dc), but our minor league team the Pennsylvania Hershey bears has cheap tickets right on the ice (you can walk down). I'd 10x rather drive up to Hershey, eat fresh chocolate at the factory, and catch a game for 10 bucks front row than pay 3x that whole trip to go to niggerville and pay out the nose for, to my novice eyes, the same level of play.

Plus they fight more in the minors

>my black kangz aren't the best so that means no one watching it

average baseball viewer is 67, average nba viewer is 43

probably evens out when you factor in life expectancy for both groups

Is it actually getting better or are they playing less defense?

>Pennsylvania Hershey bears

feels like you are trolling me

Attached: Sceptical Virgin.jpg (110x125, 1.67K)

Nobody under 35 cares about sports in general. Look at any NBA game or NFL game and look at the crowd, its absolutely dominated by 40+ boomers. Every young person's brain has been completely fried by social media, they're demoralized since they will own nothing and they have been taught that loyalty to the local is evil and that the future is being a global citizen so they don't give a shit about the local team.
Here in Toronto only 55+ year old white people watch our local hockey team.

Attached: Canada Convoy Conspiracy Theory.jpg (680x670, 106.14K)

most anons here are disinterested, but sports is an ever present industry and for the fans who drop out, there will be a few others to replace them.

seems about right as well. zoomers don't seem to have any attention span whatsoever or that in built mechanism inside passed down from generation to generation that makes you want to pledge allegiance to a team. zoomers are soulless creatures.

>yuros git gud at apehoop
>nigs and cucks stop caring
lmao

Zoomers are the first generation in the history of the planet where being a faggot is considered cool. Utterly and totally demoralized.

Attached: zoomers.png (825x1214, 3.43M)

>zoomers are soulless creatures
pains me because every fucking zoomer for NY sports (>rags, yankees, mets, jets, giants) are all fucking cringeworthy fans online. swear to god I hate saying I share a fanbase with some as a "zoomer"

Attached: 1619340538836.jpg (443x332, 20.62K)

zoomers aren't interested in sports but on video games and political activism when millennials die off sports will have become a niche hobby

kek so fucking true. no wonder they are so fucked up.

they are all redditfied

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!

Once Lebron retires ratings will be abysmal. Players like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, and Lebron are players that would make up 99% of the reason why casuals were semi interested in basketball. Are there players that are just as talented right now? Yes. But as far as anybody who draws international fandom on the level of the aforementioned players there is nobody after Lebron. The Jordan era, Kobe and Shaq era, and early Lebron Miami heat era were the golden years for the nba. The 2016 finals was the peak of the Lebron/golden state era and the nba has been slowly dying since.

Why?

Zoomer athletes (actually zoomers in general) are incredibly dry and unlikeable people. Everything they do is utterly soulless. They’re horrible at drawing crowds like previous generation athletes/celebrities. That’s why entertainment as a whole is dying and streamer shit is taking over.

Bruh, sports in general are only getting new fans thanks to stuff like youtube. In not so many years they will compete in popularity with zoomers with board games, and lose.

Young people only pretend to like NBA because America is a nation of....

Really, nobody cares about sports at all.

I welcome our new board game overlords

Dios mio....

>once lebron retires
oh i'll actually give a shit about basketball when I don't see that CCP worshipping faggot. fuck him

I do with your mother after I fuck her

I'm a zoomer (1997) and most people my age are pretty apathetic to sports in general. I always hear how there are declining numbers in youth sports clinics

>mfw nerds will watch sports and normalfags will play vidya in your lifetime
>mfw i have no face

Been hearing sports are dying for years and here we are still talking about them

They are, in the same way tv is diying. A slow but continuos decline.

tv isn't dying it's just morphing into streaming packages you retard. Kikes will never die out they just adapt.

TV has switched to streaming shit like Netflix. Most zoomers don’t give a shit about sports here other than soccer and basketball. I knew like 4 guys who played hockey and a dozen who played basketball and soccer. Also NFL is decently big here but most zoomers don’t have the attention span for all those ads. I’ve heard more talks about Kobe and Lebron than I have about Crosby and Ovi. Also drug addiction is the biggest sport here in Bc

>. Also drug addiction is the biggest sport here in Bc
Kek.

>soccer-tier flopping
>muh activism
>muh raysism
>no defense
>intentionally trying to draw offensive fouls
>shilling for commie Chinks
>taking 3 point shots on fast breaks
>no physicality

NBA gets what it fucking deserves.

Sports are lot more popular now than in the 1930s, but Donald Bradman is still the consensus sporting GOAT.

good, fuck ape hoop. get woke go broke.

this hate to be bait lel

never heard of him

>Also drug addiction is the biggest sport here
many such cases

Good, it's a shit sport made absolutely unwatchable by fairy no-contact rules

kinda gay sport and even gayer league bruh fr

I wonder if the next generation after these complete sissies will be turbochads and hardnuts or just go even further into the pozzhole

This is probably a trend for 50+ years, sports will probably be very popular throughtout our lives. I don't see Football going from a religion for a lot of people to nothing in a short span.

the zoomer generation is the last generation therefore it can't get any worse

The NBA is a god awful sports league and it did this to itself.

It's surprising to see this thread take this over to turn into how zoomers don't watch sports. The NBA is the most zoomer-focused sports league there is. The endless scoring satisfies their lack of attention span minds, and the braindead social media "drama" and player "beefs" fits right in to their social media addiction.

they don't watch the games. they only look at numbers & social media posts

>zoomers don’t have the attention span for all those ads
you say this like it's a bad thing. I was watching some TV at my mom's house a couple of weeks ago for the first time in forever and I realized how intrusive and annoying constant commercials are

That's another reason why it fits for them. They look at box scores and the numbers are so big . DUDE HE SCORED 40! 50!

>The endless scoring satisfies their lack of attention span minds
Frankly, football has a lot more instant-gratification just because of how the game is partitioned into finite plays and isn't continuous

I disagree. basketball has the most instant gratification with dunks and threes that happen multiple times a quarter.

Sports in general are dying. There's much more important things to focus on.

It probably depends on the person. I don't really think people care all that much about dunks anymore unless it's a huge poster dunk, and the fact that 3s are so commonplace also takes away from how significant they are as a game goes on. In my mind, the high volume of scoring takes away from the importance of each point, and makes the game less about instant gratification. There's a reason that "the first half doesn't matter" is a very common opinion